Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Amazon Prime Day is Now Live »
Prime: Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (… ()

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The Dark Knight Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$44.99

Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.93

The Evil Dead 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
20 hrs ago
Lord of War 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
20 hrs ago
Star Trek 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
20 hrs ago
Aquaman 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
23 hrs ago
Saving Private Ryan 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Annihilation 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
20 hrs ago
American Psycho 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
20 hrs ago
A Star Is Born 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Pet Sematary 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
20 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > 4K Wish Lists

Old 07-25-2016, 04:34 AM   #41
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncanny View Post
No new info about Marvel Studios/Disney releasing this on a 4K disc? IMAX scenes in it?
It isn't 4K but we do know that the full screen IMAX scene is being retained on the 3D bluray edition (thank God)
Old 07-25-2016, 02:10 PM   #42
Special Member

Jan 2013

Pity that Disney isn't releasing its Pixar, Star Wars, and MCU films on UHD. I would not mind double dipping on those titles again.
Thanks given by:
Uncanny (07-28-2016)
Old 07-28-2016, 11:24 PM   #43

Oct 2009
Ohio

Do anybody think Disney would release 4K movies without the Blu-Ray disc and try to charged $29.99 or more for them?

I would buy these movies again on a 4K disc:

Avengers & Age Of Ultron
Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Captain America: The Winter Solder
Oz The Great & Powerful
Maleficent
Alice In Wonderland/Looking Through The Glass
Frozen

Disney need to hurry up.

Last edited by Uncanny; 01-06-2017 at 08:10 PM.
Old 07-29-2016, 05:00 PM   #44
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2012
US of A

If Disney is getting into the UHD Blu-ray game, I wouldn't expect any announcement until CES 2017.

They already missed the Signature repackaging of their classic animated films that started a year or so back.

They would also need to start creating 4k/HDR scans and restoration video masters of their library and decide if they want to jump over HDR10 and start off with 12 bit Dolby Vision graded discs.

PIXAR and Disney Animation would also need to start re-rendering their CGI titles to 4k resolution. That will take some time and a lot of infrastructure investment.
Old 07-29-2016, 05:33 PM   #45
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncanny View Post
Do anybody think Disney would release 4K movies without the Blu-Ray disc and try to charged $29.99 or more for them?

I would buy these movies again on a 4K disc:

Avengers & Age Of Ultron
Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Captain America: The Winter Solder
Oz The Great & Powerful
Maleficent
Alice In Wonderland/Looking Through The Glass
Frozen ( especially if it comes with a 3d disc!)

Disney need to hurry up.
All 2k completed movies

Tomorrowland was a true 4k production and thus would make the most sense for Disney to start with it and titles like it
Old 07-29-2016, 05:44 PM   #46
Expert Member

Nov 2012

I don't see why these films being 2K is any reason for them not to get released beforehand.

For better or worse, UHD Blu-ray isn't about 4K content at this point but HDR. Pretty much all titles released so far have shown that. I doubt that if Disney does get into the 4K game that they're gonna actually get 4K masters done for films with 2K DIs.
Thanks given by:
Geoff D (07-31-2016)
Old 07-29-2016, 06:02 PM   #47
Power Member

Nov 2006
Pacific Northwest

Talking to some insiders on this that have conversed with Disney, they are not interested in 4K upscaling for UHD releases, at least not presently. So makes me wonder if they do jump in the UHD Blu arena if they'll leave films with actual 2K DIs as 2K with HDR and immersive audio and only release 4K titles with true 4K masters. I wouldn't complain!
Old 07-29-2016, 06:35 PM   #48
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering View Post
Talking to some insiders on this that have conversed with Disney, they are not interested in 4K upscaling for UHD releases, at least not presently. So makes me wonder if they do jump in the UHD Blu arena if they'll leave films with actual 2K DIs as 2K with HDR and immersive audio and only release 4K titles with true 4K masters. I wouldn't complain!
Hmm, I wouldn't be so sure of that. Disney films aren't going to be rendered in native 4K for several years, probably around the same time that 4K VFX become the standard. Plus, we already know that The Force Awakens is a 2K DI, and while I wouldn't rule out Lucasfilm rebuilding certain flagship sequences and shots at native 4K where absolutely needed, I doubt they'll re-render all the VFX at 4K (and rescan all of the 35mm film at 4K) just for the forthcoming UHD BD, when that is incredibly expensive and would provide only a small benefit with present technology. Not to mention that it's practically industry standard to upscale 2K DIs for UHD BD, anyway. The same goes for Marvel and their films.

So considering that Disney proper will be one of the last studios to start releasing native 4K to theatres, thanks to the cost and time of rendering animation and CGI in 4K, I don't think they'll be able to hold back on UHD BDs when Marvel, certainly, will be pushing for their own UHD BD releases. But we'll see.
Old 07-29-2016, 06:42 PM   #49
Banned

Mar 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Smith View Post
All 2k completed movies

Tomorrowland was a true 4k production and thus would make the most sense for Disney to start with it and titles like it
I nailed Tomorrowland was 4K DI filmed. I saw it from (IMAX version) look great.
Old 07-30-2016, 01:24 AM   #50
Special Member

Apr 2016
Aldome, Pluto II, Andromeda Galaxy

I'm pretty sure Civil War has a 4K DI, no?
Old 07-30-2016, 03:17 AM   #51

Mar 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by legends of beyond View Post
I'm pretty sure Civil War has a 4K DI, no?
Yup

Cinematographic Process
ARRIRAW (2.8K) (6.5K) (source format)
Digital Intermediate - (4K) (master format)
Old 07-30-2016, 03:20 AM   #52
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
A shame that Disney doesn't release their animated classics on a new format so early on, as a UHD release of "Alice In Wonderland" (that has a 4K scan) timed with the home video release of "Alice Through The Looking Glass" would be a nice tie-in.
Old 07-30-2016, 05:53 PM   #53
Special Member

Apr 2016

Disney was the first studio to use 4k and 10-bit color in the 90's for Snow White, so it comes as a surprise that they are the last major studio to release in this format.
Old 07-30-2016, 08:51 PM   #54

Jan 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opips3 View Post
I nailed Tomorrowland was 4K DI filmed. I saw it from (IMAX version) look great.
As is typical for Disney the Blu-Ray was reference level. I could only imagine a 4k-HDR implementation.
Old 07-31-2016, 03:41 PM   #55

Feb 2008

Who does Disney think they are? This should have been done already.
Old 07-31-2016, 03:55 PM   #56
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2012
US of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by somchair1 View Post
Who does Disney think they are? This should have been done already.
That's why they're so profitable... they're skin flints and penny pinchers.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:22 AM   #57
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
North Hollywood, CA

Quote:
So no Into The Woods? Not that I liked the film, I hated how it crapped on the source material and the fact that there's a domestic abuser in this, but Emily Blunt deserves to be seen in the best of what UHD can deliver. Sicario can't be the only one and I refuse to buy Huntsman.
Thanks given by:
legends of beyond (08-03-2016)
Old 08-01-2016, 02:28 AM   #58
Special Member

Apr 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poya View Post
So no Into The Woods? Not that I liked the film, I hated how it crapped on the source material and the fact that there's a domestic abuser in this, but Emily Blunt deserves to be seen in the best of what UHD can deliver. Sicario can't be the only one and I refuse to buy Huntsman.
I salute you sir for not buying Huntsman.
Old 08-01-2016, 02:34 AM   #59
Banned

Mar 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by legends of beyond View Post
I salute you sir for not buying Huntsman.
I'll buy White Snow and Huntsman (extended cut) UHD.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:22 PM   #60

May 2010
Default Dolby Vision

Could it be Disney likes Dolby Vision better than the HDR10? And is waiting until Dolby Vision tools for UHD blu's are completed and there is a Dolby Vision player on the market??? I know HDR10 is mandated and all, but maybe they know they'll like the way their movies look in Dolby Vision, like in the theaters, more than how HDR10 looks now.... Just a hunch...
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > 4K Wish Lists