Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99

Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96

Happy Death Day 2U (Blu-ray)
$14.99
4 hrs ago
Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (Blu-ray)
$14.99
4 hrs ago
Don't Look Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$57.73

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.64

The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.34

Kong: Skull Island 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99
4 hrs ago
Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
4 hrs ago
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

Glass (Blu-ray)
$14.99
4 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports

Old 06-09-2016, 01:47 PM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011
OH-IO
Default Isle of Man TT - Purest Form of Motorsport Left

Anyone who considers themselves a fan of motorsport, and hasn't ever seen the Isle of Man TT races, needs to correct that omission.

The TT, in existence for over 100 years, is probably the only motorsport that hasn't been neutered in the name of safety. Several classes of motorcycles - Superbike, Supersport, Supertstock, and even those with sidecars - are raced over a 37.7 mile, 264 turn course on the Isle (ie. one lap is 37.7 mi.) at breathtaking speeds. Think of the old Nurburgring on steroids ! The Superbikes sport in excess of 230HP and are capable of speeds well above 200MPH, with Michael Dunlop setting a new record this year with a lap average speed of over 133MPH. These riders let it all hang out and it is not uncommon to see bikes completely airborn over jumps, powersliding through corners, and even having the occasional "tank slapper".

I've been fortunate enough to cross many places off my racing "bucket list", incl. Spa, Monza, and Silverstone for F1, but the Isle of Man remains at the top of my list and I hope to make it one day soon.

In the meantime, for folks in the U.S., we are fortunate to have coverage on the Velocity TV channel (11PM EST), which replays ITV's daily coverage of the TT.

Highly recommended !
Thanks given by:
BizCat (06-09-2016)
Old 06-11-2016, 01:38 AM   #2

Jun 2016

I agree !

And I would also add the "Pikes Peak International Hill Climb" for its "Unlimited" class, which some years offers quite impressive prototypes !!
Old 06-04-2018, 01:57 PM   #3
Banned

Jun 2018

I agree))
Old 06-07-2018, 10:15 PM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011
OH-IO

Well, it is that time of year again, and this year's TT has been phenomenal so far, with lap records falling right and left, thanks a lot to excellent weather (so far).

The highlight to date has been Peter Hickman taking the Superstock for his first TT win, and his ride was probably the greatest I have ever seen in quite a few years of watching the TT. On his first (of 4) lap he overshot a turn and lost 15 seconds to the other riders. He then proceeded to ride the wheels off a stock bike on treaded tires and eventually caught and surpassed the leaders, incl. Michael Dunlop. In addition, he almost beat the outright lap record of 134.43 MPH, missing it by only 0.03 MPH ... on a stock bike with treaded tires vs. the record holder's Superbike on slicks.

As usual, the Velocity channel is providing same-day coverage here in the U.S. at 11:00PM EST, through Sat. night.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports