Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: The Buster Keaton Collection: … $12.99 (1 hour left)
Now: Jack Ryan 5-Movie Collection (… $14.49 (2 hours left)

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Aquaman 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.21
17 hrs ago
The Great Gatsby 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.34
2 hrs ago
Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
17 hrs ago
Men in Black 3 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.92

Predator 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
10 hrs ago
Blade Runner 2049 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Amityville Horror Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Dolphin Tale 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.61

Rampage 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.03

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion

Old 10-23-2016, 11:38 AM   #1
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavanut View Post
Hi, everyone,

I note that it has been just over a month since we have heard from our friend Richard--W on this forum. He adds a lot to our discussions, and I would have expected him to weigh in very enthusiastically on the latest effort from Bob, Greg and the 3-D Film Archive, It Came from Outer Space. But we have heard nothing.

I myself am only in contact with Richard through this Forum, and I think one other. I am wondering if any of you may have heard from him recently. I would hope to learn that he is doing okay, of course, but any information would be appreciated.

If you happen to see this, Richard, I miss your posts, good buddy. I hope to hear from you soon.
I think it's nice that you are concerned. It says a lot about you. Let's hope he is fine. I had to take a break from the forum for a couple of months and it's always nice to know folk have missed you and are thinking of you. Makes my membership on here even more worthwhile.

Here's to plenty of 3D discussion from the guy in the future!
Thanks given by:
bavanut (10-23-2016)
Old 10-24-2016, 07:44 PM   #2
Special Member

Oct 2013
Southern California, USA

I could be wrong, but I believe this is his LinkedIn page.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/richard-weddle-2bb12a5a

Hopefully, he's doing alright.
Thanks given by:
bavanut (10-24-2016)
Old 10-29-2016, 11:51 PM   #3

Jun 2011
Burbank, California

^^^
Old 11-05-2016, 05:51 PM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Richard has been around various forums for quite a long time, and disappearing acts are common.

I also don't think posting what may or may not be his FB page is a good idea.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:39 PM   #5

Jun 2011
Burbank, California

I appreciate what you are saying, babybreese. But I am nevertheless concerned for Richard's well-being, and making inquiry of our fellow forum members seems to me reasonable and worthwhile. Also, very respectfully, I think the link above is to a LinkedIn profile. Such a thing by its nature is meant to be more visible and accessible to colleagues than, say, a private and personal Facebook page.
Old 11-12-2016, 09:14 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2012

I appreciate the sentiment, and I thank Mike Ballew and my other friends for their messages and emails. Participating in social media takes up a lot of time, and I had to withdraw to devote all my efforts to getting my 3-D production company organized, budgeted and prepped to shop at the American Film Market http://americanfilmmarket.com/ which ended a week ago in Santa Monica. John Rupkalvis and I want to collaborate on genre films in which stereoscopic photography is put first. We want to trying out new things that we know are possible but haven't been done before. We want to make 3-D films for 3-D people. As some of you know, the AFM is a convention where distributors and exhibitors from all over the world gather every year to buy independent films from filmmakers. Over 900 indy films at all budget levels and from all over the world were screened, and I believe 3,000 titles were in play. Any film that is reasonably entertaining, that targets a definite and identifiable audience, that is professionally and artfully shot (although this seems to be getting less important, frankly), and is sensibly budgeted will sell at the AFM. But first you have to make the film. Made some good contacts in the Asian and European world who asked to stay in touch. There is genuine interest and enthusiasm for our proposition, but no one will commit to distributing a film they can't watch first. A distribution deal frees up money with private investors and at the bank. So we're back to square one: how to raise the funds to make a 3-D film to show distributors at the AFM.

We're talking about the possibility of a kickstarter campaign. Only micro-budgets seem to succeed on fund raiser sites, and we had hoped to start out with more of an advantage.

I forgot all about the LinkedIn page. At this stage of my life I'm not looking for a job so there isn't much point in finishing it. Yes that's mine and that's what I looked like years ago.
Thanks given by:
bavanut (11-12-2016), GKintz (11-14-2016), Interdimensional (01-08-2017), kurosawa (11-12-2016), revgen (12-29-2016), robtadrian (12-13-2016), the13thman (02-02-2017)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion