Best PC Game Deals

Best PC Game Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Overwatch (PC)
$38.99
 
Red Faction: Armageddon (PC)
$5.95
 
Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void (PC)
$18.20
 
Fallen Earth: Blood Sports (PC)
$7.52
 
Fallout 76 (PC)
$79.99
 
Civilization VI (PC)
$36.08
 
Destiny 2 (PC)
$178.36
 
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (PC)
$59.99
 
Starcraft II Battle Chest (PC)
$29.96
 
Diablo III (PC)
$17.44
 
Fallout 76 (PC)
$59.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion > PC Gaming


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2016, 11:54 PM   #1
Wingman1977 Wingman1977 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Wingman1977's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
The empire state
257
999
23
Question What controller are you using to game with?

I know that the keyboard/mouse combo is better than a controller, but there are some PC games (specifically those ported from consoles) that use a controller (or actually are better played with a controller). For those that use, what's your current choice? I'm currently using the XB1 controller that also included the wireless adapter.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 12:31 AM   #2
Bishop_99 Bishop_99 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Bishop_99's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Hialeah, Fl
57
389
28
2
5
Default

I mainly use my PS4 controller for PC gaming, although from time to time I'll use an Xbox One control.

I have a hard time learning mouse and keyboard for gaming. I'll try it from time to time, but it's just too much for me now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 02:50 AM   #3
Nick The Slick Nick The Slick is offline
Expert Member
 
Nick The Slick's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
Kentucky
27
111
2
Default

My trusty old 360 controller. Comfortable, no fuss, love the layout, and I can get them pretty cheap. Built very well as well (good, genuine ones anyways). My first one lasted a little over 3 years and would still be going if I didn't decide to act like a 3 year old one time and throw it Quite out of character for me but had a bad day, thought a little gaming would help and boy was I wrong.... But anyways, yea, great controller.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
AmrlKJaneway (01-01-2017)
Old 11-17-2016, 02:55 AM   #4
Wingman1977 Wingman1977 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Wingman1977's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
The empire state
257
999
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop_99 View Post
I mainly use my PS4 controller for PC gaming, although from time to time I'll use an Xbox One control.

I have a hard time learning mouse and keyboard for gaming. I'll try it from time to time, but it's just too much for me now.
My issue with the PS4 controller is the very poor battery life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick The Slick View Post
My trusty old 360 controller. Comfortable, no fuss, love the layout, and I can get them pretty cheap. Built very well as well (good, genuine ones anyways). My first one lasted a little over 3 years and would still be going if I didn't decide to act like a 3 year old one time and throw it Quite out of character for me but had a bad day, thought a little gaming would help and boy was I wrong.... But anyways, yea, great controller.
I loved the 360 controller (only bested by the XB1 controller IMO). My only issue with the 360 controller (the MS brand ones since I only used 1st party controllers) is that the LT & RT buttons would eventually squeak. I'm glad that the XB1 controller doesn't have that issue (at least the MS brand ones).
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 04:19 AM   #5
KillaCam KillaCam is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
KillaCam's Avatar
 
Oct 2014
178
3009
269
107
Default

I use the Xbox One Elite controller for most PC games. The only time I use mouse and keyboard is for strategy games and certain RPG's like Diablo and Pillars of Eternity.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 12:11 PM   #6
Bishop_99 Bishop_99 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Bishop_99's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Hialeah, Fl
57
389
28
2
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman1977 View Post
My issue with the PS4 controller is the very poor battery life.
Oh wireless. Well I use the USB cord for the Xbox Controller, never installed those batteries, and use the USB cord as well for the PS4 Control when playing on PC. I'll use the wireless option while playing the PS4. I sit close to the tv, so that isn't an issue for me though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 12:03 AM   #7
Wingman1977 Wingman1977 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Wingman1977's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
The empire state
257
999
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop_99 View Post
Oh wireless. Well I use the USB cord for the Xbox Controller, never installed those batteries, and use the USB cord as well for the PS4 Control when playing on PC. I'll use the wireless option while playing the PS4. I sit close to the tv, so that isn't an issue for me though.
Kind of defeats the purpose of having a wireless controller. I have a bunch of Duracell rechargeable batteries (not to mention that batteries last long on the XB1 controller) so I never have to fret about any cables on the controller. So I can sit back and relax and game (I only use the KB & mouse on FPS games). Not saying your way is wrong or anything of the sort.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 01:08 PM   #8
Bishop_99 Bishop_99 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Bishop_99's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Hialeah, Fl
57
389
28
2
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman1977 View Post
Kind of defeats the purpose of having a wireless controller. I have a bunch of Duracell rechargeable batteries (not to mention that batteries last long on the XB1 controller) so I never have to fret about any cables on the controller. So I can sit back and relax and game (I only use the KB & mouse on FPS games). Not saying your way is wrong or anything of the sort.
lol. Its that I generally sit very close to the display, a foot away for every 10 inches of screen display is my rule. I'm always so close to the TV that I don't have too much use for wireless. Great feature to have, just not a necessity for me. Although it's very convenient when you have to get something in another room and you can still hear things on the headset with the controller in hand.

Keyboard and Mouse, it's just too complicated for me to learn now, I almost took a 20 year break from Gaming until I bought a PS4 early last year. All I needed was to upgrade the GPU to get into PC gaming. But it even took me some time to learn how to play on current controllers.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 02:51 PM   #9
thenexus6 thenexus6 is offline
Power Member
 
thenexus6's Avatar
 
Dec 2012
UK
Default

I tried using my DS4, but it never worked as well as I liked. I installed DS4windows to play via USB. My PC doesn't have bluetooth, so I bought a dongle but it still never worked.

So I just got an Xbox One controller w/ USB adapter and its way better. I prefer the feel of the DS4, but the Xbox is just easier to plug in and play.

I've not tried the DS4 since Steam updated to support it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 02:58 PM   #10
SlaughterX SlaughterX is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
SlaughterX's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Thornton, CO
22
76
827
6
1
Default

XB1. Used to use my 360 wireless controller via the official adapter... but it just stopped working randomly.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 07:20 PM   #11
Wingman1977 Wingman1977 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Wingman1977's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
The empire state
257
999
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaCam View Post
I use the Xbox One Elite controller for most PC games. The only time I use mouse and keyboard is for strategy games and certain RPG's like Diablo and Pillars of Eternity.
I only use my XB1 controller is for 3rd person games. For FPS, i use KB&M (which is superior to the controller when it comes to multiplayer).
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 05:00 PM   #12
Grim Reaper Grim Reaper is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Grim Reaper's Avatar
 
Jun 2006
Find Me!
289
1655
12
Default

Xbone controller
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:27 PM   #13
Ace_BB6 Ace_BB6 is offline
Power Member
 
Ace_BB6's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
855
16
Default

What do I need to do to use my PS4 Dualshock controller?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:33 PM   #14
Nick The Slick Nick The Slick is offline
Expert Member
 
Nick The Slick's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
Kentucky
27
111
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_BB6 View Post
What do I need to do to use my PS4 Dualshock controller?
DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adapter.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Ace_BB6 (01-30-2017)
Old 01-07-2017, 09:35 AM   #15
Cerberus40000 Cerberus40000 is offline
Member
 
Cerberus40000's Avatar
 
Nov 2016
London
33
795
242
Default

Xbox One controller with wireless dongle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 04:09 PM   #16
Wingman1977 Wingman1977 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Wingman1977's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
The empire state
257
999
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus40000 View Post
Xbox One controller with wireless dongle.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
thenexus6 (01-25-2017)
Old 01-07-2017, 04:39 PM   #17
Nuck Horris Nuck Horris is offline
Special Member
 
Nuck Horris's Avatar
 
Dec 2015
Valkenvania
18
924
487
126
21
Default

None
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:47 PM   #18
mutelight mutelight is offline
Expert Member
 
mutelight's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
19
149
1
Default

Mouse and Keyboard or steering wheel on my office rig and then the Xbox One controller via wireless or VR controllers on the HTPC.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 04:50 AM   #19
Ray_Rogers Ray_Rogers is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2009
Watsonville, California
72
1352
103
31
Default

Black wired 360 controller. Keep it really clean and it matches my tower.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 04:35 PM   #20
Mudfrog Mudfrog is offline
Active Member
 
Mudfrog's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Virginia
58
9
348
97
Default

I use 360 controllers, I have a wired one on my gaming PC and two wireless on my HTPC.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion > PC Gaming


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:57 PM.