Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
3 hrs ago
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99
 
Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
 
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (Blu-ray)
$14.99
10 hrs ago
Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72
 
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23
 
Happy Death Day 2U (Blu-ray)
$14.99
10 hrs ago
Don't Look Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$57.73
 
Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.64
 
The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.34
 
Kong: Skull Island 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99
10 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies > Hollywood and Celebrities

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2016, 05:28 AM   #21
AaronJ AaronJ is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
AaronJ's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Michigan
1
536
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada View Post
Natalie Portman, Ewan McGregor and Ian McDiarmid were the only three good things to come out of the Star Wars prequel trilogy.

[Show spoiler]
I've never seen Episode 2 or Episode 3, but wow did Natalie looked bored stiff in TPM. She was just sort of sleep-walking through it, seemed to me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 08:13 AM   #22
robgmun robgmun is offline
Banned
 
Nov 2007
Default

Natalie was stunning in Clones (not so much in Ep.3)





  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
AaronJ (12-17-2016), Aragorn the Elfstone (01-04-2017), Monterey Jack (12-17-2016), soarinsteven (01-05-2017), StevenV (12-17-2016)
Old 12-17-2016, 09:59 PM   #23
StevenV StevenV is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Apr 2014
Default

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
AaronJ (12-18-2016), civiclx (12-18-2016)
Old 12-18-2016, 12:05 AM   #24
AaronJ AaronJ is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
AaronJ's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Michigan
1
536
2
1
Default

Gorgeous woman in a gorgeous gown, looking gorgeous while pregnant. And she's not even close to her due date!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
StevenV (12-18-2016)
Old 01-04-2017, 04:44 AM   #25
LegacyCosts LegacyCosts is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
LegacyCosts's Avatar
 
Oct 2013
Sunnydale
46
157
1
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgmun View Post
Natalie was stunning in Clones (not so much in Ep.3)





She is always stunning
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 01:18 PM   #26
Aragorn the Elfstone Aragorn the Elfstone is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Aragorn the Elfstone's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Helm's Deep
19
542
184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada View Post
Natalie Portman, Ewan McGregor, Ian McDiarmid, and Frank Oz were the only four good things to come out of the Star Wars prequels.
I love Natalie, but she did not come off well in the prequels. Not her fault, really. George Lucas is horrible with actors (and dialogue, of course). I'd say only McGregor and Oz really delivered. McDiarmid, too, was great in Eps. I & II, but unfortunately was reduced to camp in Ep. 3.

(Edit: Forgot Neeson and Lee; they did really well too.)

Natalie recovered wonderfully, though. She's done mesmerizing work since then.

Last edited by Aragorn the Elfstone; 01-04-2017 at 01:23 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 01:37 PM   #27
Steelmaker Steelmaker is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Steelmaker's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn the Elfstone View Post
I love Natalie, but she did not come off well in the prequels. Not her fault, really. George Lucas is horrible with actors (and dialogue, of course). I'd say only McGregor and Oz really delivered. McDiarmid, too, was great in Eps. I & II, but unfortunately was reduced to camp in Ep. 3.

(Edit: Forgot Neeson and Lee; they did really well too.)

Natalie recovered wonderfully, though. She's done mesmerizing work since then.
I personally think Natalie thought the role of Padme was completely "beneath" her and she viewed that role strictly as a paycheck. I also have a hunch that she and Hayden Christiansen had a "chilly" relationship off camera. I have no proof of that, just a hunch based on the complete lack of chemistry between the two on screen.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Jennifer Lawrence Fan (01-04-2017)
Old 01-04-2017, 01:43 PM   #28
MPeriolat MPeriolat is online now
Expert Member
 
Jun 2012
Richmond, KY
267
2
Default

Portman... is a really talented actress and a beauty. But... she seems happiest and at her best doing projects like Jackie and Black Swan. Sign her up for a big production or anything long term and she loses interest at the speed of light. Star Wars is an example, Thor being another. She just decided, for whatever reason, not to act or put much effort in as the sequels came around. Rare to see her promoting the movies anymore than she absolutely must.

I don't hate her, I really don't, been a fan of hers since Beautiful Girls, I just do reserve the right as a fan to be critical, that's all.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Steelmaker (01-04-2017)
Old 01-04-2017, 01:47 PM   #29
MPeriolat MPeriolat is online now
Expert Member
 
Jun 2012
Richmond, KY
267
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
I personally think Natalie thought the role of Padme was completely "beneath" her and she viewed that role strictly as a paycheck. I also have a hunch that she and Hayden Christiansen had a "chilly" relationship off camera. I have no proof of that, just a hunch based on the complete lack of chemistry between the two on screen.
Oh, no doubt. She was barely putting any effort in by the time we got to Episode III and I think if she could have, she would have bailed on Star Wars. Same thing happened with Thor. Truth is, she hates these movies, you can tell. But she will gladly take the paycheck given Black Swan and Jackie may win awards for acting, they don't exactly put food on the table.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 02:21 PM   #30
Aragorn the Elfstone Aragorn the Elfstone is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Aragorn the Elfstone's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Helm's Deep
19
542
184
Default

I'm sure that's some of it, but it's not a coincidence that so many good actors gave poor performances in the PT. Lucas' direction, combined with an abundance of green screen sets, just did not make for an actor-friendly environment.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 02:31 PM   #31
Steelmaker Steelmaker is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Steelmaker's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPeriolat View Post
Portman... is a really talented actress and a beauty. But... she seems happiest and at her best doing projects like Jackie and Black Swan. Sign her up for a big production or anything long term and she loses interest at the speed of light. Star Wars is an example, Thor being another. She just decided, for whatever reason, not to act or put much effort in as the sequels came around. Rare to see her promoting the movies anymore than she absolutely must.

I don't hate her, I really don't, been a fan of hers since Beautiful Girls, I just do reserve the right as a fan to be critical, that's all.
She's always come across to me as a blue blood. Like perhaps she was educated at a private boarding school and came from a family with a lot of money, which is fine! I'm not judging but that's just what she projects to ME. She doesn't come across as terribly personable either.

Last edited by Steelmaker; 01-04-2017 at 02:49 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 02:47 PM   #32
LegacyCosts LegacyCosts is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
LegacyCosts's Avatar
 
Oct 2013
Sunnydale
46
157
1
11
Default

Can't blame her for losing interest in the Thor films. She thrives in dramas.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 03:09 AM   #33
MPeriolat MPeriolat is online now
Expert Member
 
Jun 2012
Richmond, KY
267
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
She's always come across to me as a blue blood. Like perhaps she was educated at a private boarding school and came from a family with a lot of money, which is fine! I'm not judging but that's just what she projects to ME. She doesn't come across as terribly personable either.
I'm not sure how much of that is true, but, yes, she does project a holier than thou art at times. You want to scream at the screen sometimes for her to stop taking herself so goddamned seriously, not EVERY movie is going to be an art house classic. Do you best, act like you want to be there and for christssake, smile.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Jennifer Lawrence Fan (01-05-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 07:28 PM   #34
soarinsteven soarinsteven is offline
Special Member
 
soarinsteven's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
IL
732
Default

Nat AND Ruth Negga embracing. Bless W Mag.

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
LegacyCosts (01-06-2017)
Old 01-26-2017, 06:48 PM   #35
StevenV StevenV is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Apr 2014
Default

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
AaronJ (01-26-2017), soarinsteven (01-29-2017)
Old 01-26-2017, 07:41 PM   #36
AaronJ AaronJ is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
AaronJ's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Michigan
1
536
2
1
Default

Great woman.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 01:34 PM   #37
Batman1980 Batman1980 is online now
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
125
371
55
22
47
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post
Great woman.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 12:07 AM   #38
StevenV StevenV is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Apr 2014
Default

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
AaronJ (02-07-2017), soarinsteven (02-07-2017)
Old 02-07-2017, 12:12 AM   #39
AaronJ AaronJ is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
AaronJ's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Michigan
1
536
2
1
Default

Preggers again. I'll bet she's a really good mom.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:32 AM   #40
drb999 drb999 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
drb999's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
1
487
63
Default

She looks hot pregnant. Her husband is a lucky dude.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
AaronJ (02-07-2017)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies > Hollywood and Celebrities


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:21 PM.