Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23
10 hrs ago
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96
 
Aquaman 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.66
8 hrs ago
Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Blade Runner 2049 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.93
 
The Amityville Horror Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
The Stewardesses 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
Thor: The Dark World 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.14
 
Dolphin Tale 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.61
 
Men in Black 3 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.45
 
The Good Dinosaur 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.04
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2017, 12:09 PM   #1
jtchance jtchance is offline
Senior Member
 
jtchance's Avatar
 
May 2011
New York State
282
Default Sony PlayStation Store changes 3D policy.

I for one have in the past purchased 3D digital downloads from the PlayStation store as I found the picture quality equal to what I had on disc. Apparently some change is in order. Last week Sony Pictures had 23 titles available for sale. Today they only have 4.GOOSEBUMPS, THE WALK,WOLF TOTEM & HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA 2. The other 20 are available for rental only. I don't know of anyone else who shops this way but if anyone is on the fence about making any purchases I would recommend visiting the store. The Disney and Warner Brothers 3D titles still seem to up for sale as of this morning.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 02:51 PM   #2
Frank@Chicago Frank@Chicago is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Frank@Chicago's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Default

Was this the PS3 store? I sort of remember that the PS4 store had very little 3D.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 04:58 PM   #3
jtchance jtchance is offline
Senior Member
 
jtchance's Avatar
 
May 2011
New York State
282
Default Sony Cutbacks

Yes it is the PS3 store I am referring to. At one point it had 162 movies for rent and purchase. Now the number is significantly less.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:27 PM   #4
the13thman the13thman is offline
Moderator
 
the13thman's Avatar
 
Feb 2015
London, England
7
1941
35
2
1
Default

This is one of the reasons why I prefer physical media.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
8traxrule (02-21-2017), BackQuack (02-24-2017), bavanut (02-20-2017), BleedOrange11 (02-20-2017), BozQ (02-22-2017), bud_brigman (02-20-2017), Damon1281 (02-20-2017), EVERRET (02-21-2017), formula_nebula (02-24-2017), Frank@Chicago (02-21-2017), goodstuff (02-26-2017), legends of beyond (03-16-2017), mar3o (02-24-2017), nycomet (02-21-2017), Paul H (02-21-2017), Ray O. Blu (02-21-2017), Wing Wang17 (02-24-2017), Zivouhr (02-24-2017)
Old 02-21-2017, 12:15 AM   #5
jtchance jtchance is offline
Senior Member
 
jtchance's Avatar
 
May 2011
New York State
282
Default One advantage

In a sense the fact that the customer is able to download movies to the hard drive made purchasing attractive. The PlayStation store offers several titles that are not available on physical media in High Def.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:00 AM   #6
Shaggy1978 Shaggy1978 is offline
Power Member
 
Shaggy1978's Avatar
 
Aug 2013
Midlothian, TX (Suburb of Dallas)
224
1145
5
109
4
Default

VUDU app still has a bunch to buy/rent. I just purchased Doctor Strange 3D when it came out of Friday because I didn't want to wait until 2-28. Of course, I ordered the Steelbook & 3D Blu-ray as well because I like to have a physical copy.

Last edited by Shaggy1978; 02-21-2017 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Changed "sell" to "rent" - typo.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
jtchance (02-21-2017)
Old 02-21-2017, 12:04 PM   #7
jtchance jtchance is offline
Senior Member
 
jtchance's Avatar
 
May 2011
New York State
282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy1978 View Post
VUDU app still has a bunch to buy/sell. I just purchased Doctor Strange 3D when it came out of Friday because I didn't want to wait until 2-28. Of course, I ordered the Steelbook & 3D Blu-ray as well because I like to have a physical copy.
I have found the VUDU app very convenient. A bit pricey when it come to the Disney stuff but occasionally a good bargain. Back when Amazon was playing a delaying game with WINTER SOLDIER VUDU kept the price down to $22.95 for 3D,2d and extras.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:47 PM   #8
atomik kinder atomik kinder is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jun 2007
Omaha NE
-
-
-
Default

I think PS3 store stuff is all 720p, if I am not mistaken. I purchased Big Hero 6 before getting the UK 3D Blu-ray and it was 720p.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:22 PM   #9
Shaggy1978 Shaggy1978 is offline
Power Member
 
Shaggy1978's Avatar
 
Aug 2013
Midlothian, TX (Suburb of Dallas)
224
1145
5
109
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtchance View Post
I have found the VUDU app very convenient. A bit pricey when it come to the Disney stuff but occasionally a good bargain. Back when Amazon was playing a delaying game with WINTER SOLDIER VUDU kept the price down to $22.95 for 3D,2d and extras.
Doctor Strange is $34.99 and so is Moana 3D (which is up now). It's very expensive but I am very impatient! (it's nice to get a film two weeks before the release date) and I want VUDU to continue carrying 3D so I feel obligated to buy it to show my interest in 3D by voting with my wallet,
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:59 AM   #10
master gandhi master gandhi is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
master gandhi's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
United States
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy1978 View Post
Doctor Strange is $34.99 and so is Moana 3D (which is up now). It's very expensive but I am very impatient! (it's nice to get a film two weeks before the release date) and I want VUDU to continue carrying 3D so I feel obligated to buy it to show my interest in 3D by voting with my wallet,
Plus, two weeks in a row there have been 20% off codes on VUDU, which brings those 3D prices down to $28.

This week's VUDU code: RAPRADAR
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Shaggy1978 (02-23-2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 08:05 AM   #11
Shaggy1978 Shaggy1978 is offline
Power Member
 
Shaggy1978's Avatar
 
Aug 2013
Midlothian, TX (Suburb of Dallas)
224
1145
5
109
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by master gandhi View Post
Plus, two weeks in a row there have been 20% off codes on VUDU, which brings those 3D prices down to $28.

This week's VUDU code: RAPRADAR
Where do you enter the discount code? I don't see a place to enter one?

Found it! I did not know there were discount codes, thanks!

Last edited by Shaggy1978; 02-23-2017 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Follow up
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
master gandhi (02-24-2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 08:54 AM   #12
Steedeel Steedeel is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
Apr 2011
England
17
562
Default

Shouldn't this thread be somewhere else. This section is for 3D Blu-Ray discussion.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:29 AM   #13
mar3o mar3o is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Dec 2011
2
Default

This is why physical sales needs to survive.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
legends of beyond (03-16-2017), Steedeel (02-24-2017), Wing Wang17 (02-24-2017)
Old 02-24-2017, 01:32 AM   #14
Wing Wang17 Wing Wang17 is offline
Banned
 
Jan 2017
Florida
62
264
28
37
11
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtchance View Post
In a sense the fact that the customer is able to download movies to the hard drive made purchasing attractive. The PlayStation store offers several titles that are not available on physical media in High Def.
Yeah. It's all fine and dandy until your hard drive runs out of space.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 02:33 AM   #15
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
3
125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
This is one of the reasons why I prefer physical media.
If it's a movie I want to own, I'll also choose a disc every time.
Most times, they charge the same price for digital as the disc, but minus the collectible packaging, the case and reliable disc.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 06:40 PM   #16
emailking emailking is offline
Expert Member
 
Aug 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Wang17 View Post
Yeah. It's all fine and dandy until your hard drive runs out of space.
It's useful for me because rentals can be downloaded too. On Tuesday/Friday I can download what I plan on watching and then don't have to worry about the network being slow when I actually go to watch them. Since those get deleted, it doesn't affect space long term. I only purchase a movie on PSN if there's no physical version available.

Last edited by emailking; 03-14-2017 at 07:00 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:03 PM   #17
Shaggy1978 Shaggy1978 is offline
Power Member
 
Shaggy1978's Avatar
 
Aug 2013
Midlothian, TX (Suburb of Dallas)
224
1145
5
109
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Shouldn't this thread be somewhere else. This section is for 3D Blu-Ray discussion.
It went off topic for 3 or 4 posts get over it or just don't read it

If someone asks a question are we supposed to say "Sorry, I can't answer your question because you are In the wrong forum." I understand there are specific topics for specific forums but it's going to happen from time to time.

Last edited by Shaggy1978; 03-14-2017 at 11:08 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:07 AM   #18
jtchance jtchance is offline
Senior Member
 
jtchance's Avatar
 
May 2011
New York State
282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy1978 View Post
VUDU app still has a bunch to buy/rent. I just purchased Doctor Strange 3D when it came out of Friday because I didn't want to wait until 2-28. Of course, I ordered the Steelbook & 3D Blu-ray as well because I like to have a physical copy.
The steelbook is awesome. Isn't it?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:11 AM   #19
jtchance jtchance is offline
Senior Member
 
jtchance's Avatar
 
May 2011
New York State
282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailking View Post
It's useful for me because rentals can be downloaded too. On Tuesday/Friday I can download what I plan on watching and then don't have to worry about the network being slow when I actually go to watch them. Since those get deleted, it doesn't affect space long term. I only purchase a movie on PSN if there's no physical version available.
That was my idea for purchasing titles that were not available on Blu. The downloads would play even if I had to go offline.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:12 AM   #20
jtchance jtchance is offline
Senior Member
 
jtchance's Avatar
 
May 2011
New York State
282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Wang17 View Post
Yeah. It's all fine and dandy until your hard drive runs out of space.
So that is when you decide what has priority in your collection.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:29 PM.