Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Amazon Prime Day is Now Live »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.34
8 hrs ago
Stephen King's The Stand (Blu-ray)
$31.99
10 hrs ago
Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.93

Overlord (Blu-ray)
$9.96
8 hrs ago
Star Trek: Discovery - Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$35.19
21 hrs ago
Ingmar Bergman's Cinema (Blu-ray)
$149.99

Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.99

The Evil Dead 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.33
2 hrs ago
Lord of War 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports

Old 01-11-2018, 07:31 AM   #41
Power Member

Jan 2013

PPV... didn't even think about that. Man... I'd pay to see this for sure. Just to support them.

It's been an exciting 2 or 3 years for wrestling, around the world. ROH and NJPW have been doing well. The UK scene has boomed for the international market a bit more. Everything else gets better... WWE keeps being mediocre for the mainstream.

----

Pretty excited for Fantastica Mania. CMLL and NJPW. That should be a lot of fun. I wish CMLL had streaming that worked over here.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:50 AM   #42
Special Member

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Chaverria View Post
PPV... didn't even think about that. Man... I'd pay to see this for sure. Just to support them.

It's been an exciting 2 or 3 years for wrestling, around the world. ROH and NJPW have been doing well. The UK scene has boomed for the international market a bit more. Everything else gets better... WWE keeps being mediocre for the mainstream.

----

Pretty excited for Fantastica Mania. CMLL and NJPW. That should be a lot of fun. I wish CMLL had streaming that worked over here.
I'm not too familiar with CMLL but it looks like you can get it through New Japan's streaming service.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:28 PM   #43
Power Member

Jan 2013

Yeah. Fastastica Mania seems like you can. But the the other CMLL shows they don't allow you. Which sucks. I guess some licensing issue on part w/ CMLL. Cuz... we got a good chunk of RoH stuff w/ them on NJPW world.

Last edited by Mr. Chaverria; 01-11-2018 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:19 PM   #44
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010
Newark, DE

I caught the replay of Wrestle Kingdom 12 as it had aired on Saturday night at 8 PM for the whole three hours there is a 4 way match for Marty Scurll title it airs tomorrow night.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:21 PM   #45

Jan 2012
USA, GA

WK12 thoughts

I loved the Fatal 4 Way Match.
Followed by Jericho v Omega
Okada v Naito

Tanahashi v Switchblade was a huge disappointment, they should've stole the show.

Cody v Ibushi was one of my favorite Cody matches.

So much happened at Dash.
Jericho attacking Naito, Kenny saving Ibushi (there story is incredible lol), switchblade attacking Kenny, Suzuki getting a title shot against Tanahashi.

I'm excited for All In, if it's in the US I'm definitely going to it.

As for Ring of Honor I'm going to the shows in Concord NC and Atlanta GA, I love ROH shows.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:54 PM   #46
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010
Newark, DE

I read online that Kenny Omega resigned with NJPW until Jan 31st of 2019 so they have him for at least another year.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:08 PM   #47
Special Member

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaperx187 View Post
I read online that Kenny Omega resigned with NJPW until Jan 31st of 2019 so they have him for at least another year.
I read an interview with him and he said that he'd be willing to sign with WWE if they had some cool ideas for him. He also said that he's still got some great ideas and he'd work with WWE if they were willing to work with him. He did specifically say that he wouldn't sign with WWE just for more money.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:03 PM   #48
Power Member

Jan 2013

I don't see WWE giving him the creative freedom he has at NJPW. That and... the kind of power he has at NJPW for being THE guy they want to help out stake some ground here in the US.

Though I know he'd, most of us would, be ecstatic if WWE did something big w/ NJPW. Just to see something like that. Would be very interesting. Probably never happen but still...
Old 01-13-2018, 08:23 PM   #49
Special Member

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

I have to say that one of the big things I loved about Wrestle Kingdom and ROH PPVs in general is that they were wrestling shows. By that I mean no elaborate flashbacks to remind viewers why this match is happening. I was perfectly fine just enjoying the matches.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:25 PM   #50
Special Member

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
I don't see WWE giving him the creative freedom he has at NJPW. That and... the kind of power he has at NJPW for being THE guy they want to help out stake some ground here in the US.

Though I know he'd, most of us would, be ecstatic if WWE did something big w/ NJPW. Just to see something like that. Would be very interesting. Probably never happen but still...
I really don't think the WWE would allow Kenny Omega the creative freedom that he's saying that he'd want either.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:09 AM   #51
Power Member

Jan 2013

I damn near cried seeing Ibushi and Omega hug. Years in the making. Fans have waited for that to happen for years. YEARS.

I have no clue as to wtf will happen to the Bullet Club now.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:26 AM   #52
Expert Member

Feb 2013

I was hoping for a NJPW thread on here yet never looked until now . I love New Japan as it's leaps and bounds above any other company atm. That being said, I do have a few issues that irk me...

1) There are 8 titles in NJPW ... 5 are held by members of CHAOS (Heavyweight, US, NEVER Openweight, Jr. Heavyweight and Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team). I know Gedo and Jado are the bookers, but try to spread the titles around a little better?
2) Minoru Suzuki won the IC title ... who faces him next if Omega and Ibushi would feud with Bullet Club? Ishii? Can't be Naito since he has to finish with Jericho first. I don't see Tanahashi coming back until closer to Dominion at the very earliest.
3) Omega is seemingly out of Bullet Club but the real puzzler is ... what about The Young Bucks? They left everyone right after the face shove and before the attack on Omega.
4) NJPW needs more heavyweight tag teams. KES, GOD, Evil/Sanada are all they really have unless you grab a random members of CHAOS together. Come to think of it, even the Jr. Heavyweight tag teams are limited with Roppongi 3K and The Bucks. Have Hiromu and Bushi as a team? Few combinations in Suzuki Gun as well.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:50 AM   #53

Aug 2017
SoCal

I was a fan of 90's AJPW and NOAH, Kobashi is one of my all time favorite wrestlers. I watched ROH when Morishima was Champ.

I should watch more NJPW/ROH. I don't have AXS tv and the NJPW website is slightly unfriendly so my best choice I assume is YT but what about ROH what channel are they on? To bad Spike (or whatever it's called now) doesn't pick them up.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:49 AM   #54
Special Member

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by rognvaldr View Post
I was a fan of 90's AJPW and NOAH, Kobashi is one of my all time favorite wrestlers. I watched ROH when Morishima was Champ.

I should watch more NJPW/ROH. I don't have AXS tv and the NJPW website is slightly unfriendly so my best choice I assume is YT but what about ROH what channel are they on? To bad Spike (or whatever it's called now) doesn't pick them up.
I'm in Canada and I can get ROH every Sat. night at 2:30am on ABC. I can also see them on the Fight Network. I'm not sure if you'll be able to access these channels but that's how I watch.
Thanks given by:
rognvaldr (01-30-2018)
Old 01-29-2018, 12:15 PM   #55
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

I’m in the US and use the FITE app for RoH. It’s free.

Spike is now called Paramont. Wtf?
Old 01-29-2018, 06:11 PM   #56
Power Member

Jan 2013

Quote:

what do you mean by unfriendly? The easiest thing is to find any show for the past 2 or somethings years. The hard part is specifically searching for something. That's a pain. They need to get on that.

Last edited by Mr. Chaverria; 01-29-2018 at 06:25 PM.
Thanks given by:
rognvaldr (01-30-2018)
Old 01-31-2018, 12:24 AM   #57

Jan 2012
USA, GA

Quote:
I damn near cried seeing Ibushi and Omega hug. Years in the making. Fans have waited for that to happen for years. YEARS.

I have no clue as to wtf will happen to the Bullet Club now.
Right, the Golden Lovers are back.

On the newest BTE it looks like Ibushi MAY join the Elite....
Old 01-31-2018, 12:28 AM   #58

Jan 2012
USA, GA

Quote:

Use the FITE app.

If you use my link you'll get $15 in credit to use toward a PPV or anything you want on the app. I'll also get $15

For anyone who wants to try Fite, see my link

Hey! Use my code "k6vje9y" to get $15 credit to watch combat sports on the FITE app. https://www.fite.tv/invite/k6vje9y
Thanks given by:
rognvaldr (01-31-2018)
Old 02-04-2018, 02:30 AM   #59
Special Member

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

RHO will have their own streaming service at some point in 2018. $120 for a year will include all ROH PPVs.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:46 AM   #60
Power Member

Jan 2013

cool
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports