Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
2001: A Space Odyssey 4K (Blu-ray)
€20.20
14 hrs ago
It 4K (Blu-ray)
€13.99

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 4K (Blu-ray)
€12.99
15 hrs ago
Shazam! 4K (Blu-ray)
€32.49

Battlestar Galactica: Season 2 (Blu-ray)
€14.98
24 min ago
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (Blu-ray)
€17.00
9 hrs ago
Pacific Rim 4K (Blu-ray)
€12.99
15 hrs ago
The Lion King (Blu-ray)
€9.99

Mad Max: Fury Road 4K (Blu-ray)
€13.99
15 hrs ago
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
€23.10

Christopher Robin (Blu-ray)
€11.99

Sully 4K (Blu-ray)
€12.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > France

Old 05-11-2008, 09:45 AM   #1
Banned

Sep 2007
France
Default Into the Wild on BD in France

relase in france 16/07/08

awesome!! by Pathe (Renaissance - Arthur) so believe free zone

http://translate.google.com/translat...hl=en&ie=UTF-8

google translation
Old 05-11-2008, 11:32 AM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Minnesota
Send a message via AIM to Minimejer05 Send a message via MSN to Minimejer05 Send a message via Yahoo to Minimejer05 Send a message via Skype™ to Minimejer05

Thats sweet man. That is a movie that would look GREAT in HD.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:40 AM   #3
Banned

Sep 2007
France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimejer05 View Post
Thats sweet man. That is a movie that would look GREAT in HD.
absolutely!!
Old 05-11-2008, 11:40 AM   #4

Feb 2008

This was my favorite film of 2007. I've been holding my breath and waiting for this on Blu!
Old 05-11-2008, 09:39 PM   #5
Banned

Jan 2008

I didn't enjoy this movie on DVD, and can't imagine it being any better on BD. I'll agree that the scenery would look good, but my problem was with the plot and main character. My wife loved the movie and the book. I didn't read the book and hated the movie. He just came off like a some rich kid trying to get even with his parents. I couldn't find any part of me that cared about this kid.

John
Old 05-11-2008, 10:01 PM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007

While I'm sure (as well) that the vistas will be marvelous in HD, I just didn't care for this kid either. The film had it's moments but when the movie finished, I was like, "well. That's done." And that was that.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:08 PM   #7
Special Member

Mar 2008
Northern New Jersey

I'd like to see it once in blu, but I agree with the last two posters. just wasn't wild about the film.

ugh that sounds like a bad review header.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:33 PM   #8

Feb 2008

A few of my friends felt the same way about the movie. They did not care for Chris. That's one of the things I loved about it.

Possible Spoilers

Here you have this young man and the movie is based on his life/the book Into the Wild. He is not shown as a perfect person because he wasn't. But from personal experience things that happen to you when you're younger does effect you. Things that your parents do can shape you into who your are if you're not careful.

His parents were not perfect as well.They lived their life in such away that made Chris resentful.He saw them acting like people they were not. Things they did shaped and molded him.He in a sense felt like a bastard child. It was this underlining current that drove him along with his sense of freedom and adventure. In the end things he left behind written indicated that he had found that peace with his parents and knew he needed to return. In the end I think he realized he had to forgive to move on.He grew up but it was just too late once he discovered what mattered.

His parents according to the book and movie changed after the events of him leaving and his death. Chris was a troubled flawed person. Choices he made were selfish, but real people make selfish choices. Families are flawed. This movie showed that with great honesty. His parents were brave to let the story be shown as it was, character flaws and all.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:55 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2008
The Island

So this was based on a true story? Never caught that the first time around.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:10 PM   #10

Feb 2008

Yeah it sure is. If you liked the movie the book is really great. It actually explores other people who before Chris did similar things in the past. It kind of compares their personality types to find some common bond if any with the people who seem to chuck it all and head into the wild. The book is more about the author tracing and putting together a time line of Chris's journey along with trying to understand just what happened to drive someone to do it in the first place.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:54 AM   #11
Banned

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko View Post
Yeah it sure is. If you liked the movie the book is really great. It actually explores other people who before Chris did similar things in the past. It kind of compares their personality types to find some common bond if any with the people who seem to chuck it all and head into the wild. The book is more about the author tracing and putting together a time line of Chris's journey along with trying to understand just what happened to drive someone to do it in the first place.
Well the whole thing is kind of a stretch. Seems like the author is doing a lot of guesstimating and surmising of the circumstances of this kid. In a nut shell, foolish kid goes into the wilderness unprepared. And heck, wasn't he just 15 miles off Rt 3. Not quite into the wild.

John
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > France