Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Ultra Q: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$27.04

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Hell Comes to Frogtown (Blu-ray)
$21.99
11 hrs ago
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99

Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96

Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72

X-Men: Dark Phoenix 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
23 hrs ago
Zombieland 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.49
8 hrs ago
Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.64

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Don't Look Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$57.73

Gatchaman (Blu-ray)
$65.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports

Old 01-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #41
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2006
Ireland

Madrid would be better off spending their money on Kaka and Ronaldo. But this $100 million fee is madness.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:23 PM   #42

Jan 2009
United Kingdom
Send a message via MSN to Vip3rni

theres no salary cap on what teams can spend in the prem league but i think over time they will seriously consider it as its getting to be a joke. As for real madrid, not another summer of BS taking up the back pages of the newspapers.

I still think united are mad for keeping Ronaldo after the disloyalty he shown to the club and the fans and i dont think he will ever have a season like he did last season. United could of milked every penny of madrid and bought at least 2 world class players from it.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:24 PM   #43

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
Do they have a salary type cap or restriction to how much teams can spend, or do the teams like Man U basically pull a Yankee's and buy the best talent up on everyone?
No, salaries and club spending has no regulation. Basically if you can afford the best (or are prepared to mortgage the team's future) you are free to do it.

Let me start out by stating I hate Manchester Utd with a passion (no offence Art), however I believe they can mitigate their larger purchases by consistenly nurturing younger players aquired through their youth scouting network.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:10 PM   #44
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007
UK
Send a message via MSN to Blu_Ray_UK2007

AC Milan have given their Brazilian superstar Kaka permission to talk to Manchester City.
City are thought to have bid in excess of £100m for the 26-year-old, whose father Bosco Leite is his advisor.
"Milan has authorized the negotiation with City," said Kaka's spokesman Diogo Kotschko. "The next step is Kaka's father will talk to Manchester City."
Old 01-15-2009, 08:26 PM   #45
Banned

May 2007
Brussels, Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
Kaka is one bad & FAST mother f'r!
Yeah but isn't that a crappy name or what
Old 01-15-2009, 08:38 PM   #46
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by quexos View Post
Yeah but isn't that a crappy name or what

Old 01-15-2009, 08:45 PM   #47

Jan 2009
United Kingdom
Send a message via MSN to Vip3rni

Kaka is his nickname and as you say a crap one at that lol. His real name is Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite. His nickname comes from his brothers poor pronounciation of his name when they were younger. He called him Caca which changed to Kaka. In Italian, the language of his current team, the phonetic equivalent is written as Kakà, which is used for Italian television graphics.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:04 PM   #48
AVFC

Dec 2007
Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vip3rni View Post
Kaka is his nickname and as you say a crap one at that lol. His real name is Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite. His nickname comes from his brothers poor pronounciation of his name when they were younger. He called him Caca which changed to Kaka. In Italian, the language of his current team, the phonetic equivalent is written as Kakà, which is used for Italian television graphics.
very informative - thank you!

Well whatever some of you think about his "crap" name, there is nothing crap about his talent. I would like to see them sign him, he really is a quailty player. If he does sign, god only knows who will follow! He would be a massive influence on future arrivals at Eastlands
Old 01-19-2009, 10:04 PM   #49
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007
UK

In the last few minutes it has been confirmed the deal is off!

KAKA IS STAYING AT AC MILAN.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:10 PM   #50
AVFC

Dec 2007
Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu_Ray_UK2007 View Post
In the last few minutes it has been confirmed the deal is off!

KAKA IS STAYING AT AC MILAN.
so i see! that paves the way for Villa to get his signature so!

Shame, I would have liked to have seen him in the Premier League.

I wonder who they will go for now?!
Old 01-19-2009, 10:12 PM   #51
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007
UK

Messi? Ronaldo? Ribery? Anything seems to be possible with them

I think the fact that so far they have signed Bridge and Bellamy shows.. Mark Hughes is a realistic man and the Kaka deal was very much the men with the money.

It does seem we will never see the end of this Kaka saga only last January we were buying him for 65 mil!
Old 01-19-2009, 10:16 PM   #52
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007
UK

So the merseyside derby ended 1-1.. kaka is staying at milan it has been a great month for football.

Hows everyone feeling about the prem at the moment?

United showing why they are champions, liverpool in my opinion showing they arent strong enough to win the league.. Chelsea (call me biast) are putting an end to our bad run (I was at the ground for the Stoke game and the atmosphere at full time was FANTASTIC!)

Will Villa end in the top four..?

Have Barcelona won La Liga so early..?

DISCUSS AND KEEP A FOOTBALL THREAD ALIVE!!
Old 01-19-2009, 10:23 PM   #53
Super Moderator

Nov 2006

Everton. Legends.

I hate Liverpool, and if they had won the league this season, we would still be hearing about it 30 years from now even if they were bottom on League 2.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:24 PM   #54
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007
UK

Very true sir..

Not the best result for you yesterday.. poor poor Bent
Old 01-19-2009, 10:25 PM   #55
Super Moderator

Nov 2006

Threads merged.

All footy discussion can take place ITT.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:26 PM   #56
Super Moderator

Nov 2006

Quote:
Very true sir..

Not the best result for you yesterday.. poor poor Bent
Mate, don't get me started.

The sooner we get rid of Bent and buy a proper striker to complement Defoe the better.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:31 PM   #57
AVFC

Dec 2007
Ireland

Quote:
So the merseyside derby ended 1-1.. kaka is staying at milan it has been a great month for football.

Hows everyone feeling about the prem at the moment?

United showing why they are champions, liverpool in my opinion showing they arent strong enough to win the league.. Chelsea (call me biast) are putting an end to our bad run (I was at the ground for the Stoke game and the atmosphere at full time was FANTASTIC!)

Will Villa end in the top four..?

Have Barcelona won La Liga so early..?

DISCUSS AND KEEP A FOOTBALL THREAD ALIVE!!
Yeah I think United will win the league this year - they are building up the momentum, they have a super squad, they have the experience.. They are in poll position.

Liverpool again lacked the perfomance needed to show they are true contenders. Stevie G looked to get them out of a hole AGAIN but Rafa's negativity (Keane's substitution) proved costly.

We (Villa) were 3rd for a matter of minutes on Saturday until Fat Frank stood up and broke our hearts!!! Its going to be an interesting run in, one of the closest in years.

I hope to get the Villa Chelsea game on Feb 21st..Might see you there Blu Ray UK!

As for La Liga, its Barca's to throw away I feel! They look invinceable!

Who do you fancy for the Champions League?? Man U for the treble again? Could be a quadruple as they should dispose of Derby tomorrow night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpower1987 View Post
Threads merged.

All footy discussion can take place ITT.
Nice merge..
Old 01-19-2009, 10:34 PM   #58
AVFC

Dec 2007
Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpower1987 View Post
Mate, don't get me started.

The sooner we get rid of Bent and buy a proper striker to complement Defoe the better.
If I was O Neill I would snap up Bent. I have always admired him, since his days at Ipswich! He is a player I feel Villa could do with, a team where the manager could get the most out of him. He is talented, no doubt about it, just isnt getting the rub of the green of late. He had a smashing pre season and I really thought he would help push Spurs towards Europe.. Not to be.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:40 PM   #59
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007
UK

Not feeling Pav then Max?

I'd really like to see Derby beat United tomorrow.. It would be strange to see a Derby & Burnley final.. though I cant see Burnley pulling back the gap on spurs now!

As for the champions league.. Barcelona have to be seen as serious contenders as do imo.. United, Chelsea, Inter and maybe even Bayern!
It's really going to be interesting.. and I cant wait for the return of Claudio Ranieri!

I'm liking Villa's chances this year to get that 4th spot.. if I have to watch any team other then my own it would be Villa you have some great players.. and some future England stars!

I dont see Liverpool ending second or first, I think those spots will be occupied by Chelsea and United.. however I wont at this stage say which way round it will be

The Villa Vs. Chelsea game will be interesting.. our performance at home against you was one of our most convincing of the season!
Old 01-19-2009, 10:42 PM   #60
Super Moderator

Nov 2006

Trust me you don't want him. Bent is completely and utterly useless. Quick for sure, but he couldn't hit a barn door if you gave him a million quid.

Hey, if Villa want to waste £10-12m go for it. I would love to have that money to spend on one of Harry's super signings!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports