Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Amazon Prime Day is Now Live »
Prime: George Carlin Commemorative Co… $36.49 (86% claimed)
Prime: The Marx Brothers Silver Scree… $14.99 (3 hours left)
Prime: Apollo 11 $12.99 (69% claimed)
Prime: Alfred Hitchcock: The Ultimate… $49.99 (51% claimed)
Prime: Halloween $9.99 (45% claimed)
Prime: Blue Planet II 4K $22.89 (2 hours left)
Prime: Back to the Future: 30th Anniv… $14.99 (4 hours left)
Prime: The Bourne Ultimate Collection… $19.99 (8 hours left)
Prime: Spice & Wolf: Anime Classics C… $24.59 (4 hours left)
Prime: Jurassic World: 5-Movie Collec… $26.99 (6 hours left)
Prime: Shin Godzilla $14.39 (3 hours left)
Prime: The Fifth Element 4K (20th Ann… $15.99 (24% claimed)
Prime: Serenity 4K $11.99 (5 hours left)
Prime: Jurassic Park Collection 4K (2… $29.99 (5 hours left)
Prime: Fighting with My Family (Direc… $12.99 (7 hours left)
Prime: Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle $10.00 (4 hours left)
Prime: Jurassic Park Collection 3D $19.99 (8% claimed)

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Alien: 6 Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.93

Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$35.19
11 hrs ago
Star Trek: Discovery - Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Die Hard Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Bumblebee (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Ingmar Bergman's Cinema (Blu-ray)
$149.99

The Mel Brooks Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Star Trek: The Original Series - Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$12.79
1 hr ago
The Evil Dead 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

A Star Is Born (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-12-2009, 09:51 PM   #41

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoYouBlu View Post
im only 2 episodes in and its absolutely phenomenal. i wish the guy who played winters was in more movies, he's a great actor.
i usually hate that ranga, but in this he was pretty good, apart from that kissing face he always pulls lol.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:17 PM   #42

Oct 2008

I have a bit of a problem with this release. I have a PS3 and Cambridge azur 340R reciever. It doesn't decode sound over it's HDMI interface so I have to use optical and bitstream lossy sound.

Why I think something is wrong is because all gunfire and speech come from the center channel only, which is kind of annoying. Speech OK, that's how it is usually, no? But all the gunfire? It sounds just awful to me.

Is this how it's supposed to be?
Old 01-13-2009, 05:47 PM   #43
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko View Post
I have a bit of a problem with this release. I have a PS3 and Cambridge azur 340R reciever. It doesn't decode sound over it's HDMI interface so I have to use optical and bitstream lossy sound.

Why I think something is wrong is because all gunfire and speech come from the center channel only, which is kind of annoying. Speech OK, that's how it is usually, no? But all the gunfire? It sounds just awful to me.

Is this how it's supposed to be?
You can configure the sound from your receiver. There should be multiple options you can cycle through for the sound you want. (ie. theater, orchestra, jazz). Cycle till you get the one that distributes the sound to your preference.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:27 PM   #44

Nov 2008
Chicago, IL

Wow. This thread has really made up my mind about getting BoB on Blu. I already have it on DVD. I actually never really watched it all the way through. I will now though to make the Blu purchase easier on my wallet.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:48 PM   #45

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlydude View Post
Is it just me or are the Belgium episodes really hard to get through?
Not sure exactly what you mean by "hard" to get through but IMO these are probably the two best episodes of the series; "Crossroads and Bastogne" are so powerful they really exemplify what horrors these young men had to endure. The cinematography of these episodes is also first rate, the purity of the white snow against the back drop of the pounding artillery is fantastic.

Should I expect anything less from a Philly fan, hahhahaah.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:04 PM   #46

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
You can configure the sound from your receiver. There should be multiple options you can cycle through for the sound you want. (ie. theater, orchestra, jazz). Cycle till you get the one that distributes the sound to your preference.
I can only do that if I press the "DSP" button. For instance if I send a stereo signal from my PC to the reciever I can cycle through those options. However if I play a movie with DTS on my PS3 it says "Mode Unavailable" when I press "DSP" and settles automatcially for DTS 3/2.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:06 PM   #47
Expert Member

Mar 2008
Icelandia

I should have also mentioned I really like the theme song during the introduction of each episode that is also played a few times throughout. It really strikes an emotional chord with me and fits the series very well.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:38 PM   #48
Special Member

Dec 2008
West Los Angeles, CA
Send a message via AIM to joegs300

+1 I hated the fact that it had to end.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:46 PM   #49

Jan 2009
Washington State

I'd seen BOB on SD DVD a couple of times.. i just recently got a BD player.. and the first BD I bought was Band OF Brothers. I knew it was going to be even better in BD. And wow is it ever. Sound quality is amazing in DTS MA. I was floored when I heard the battle scenes.

Amazing series if ever there was one. I wish more could be made as well as this series.

P.S. This is my first post !
Old 01-13-2009, 08:50 PM   #50

May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Cornelius View Post
Not sure exactly what you mean by "hard" to get through but IMO these are probably the two best episodes of the series; "Crossroads and Bastogne" are so powerful they really exemplify what horrors these young men had to endure. The cinematography of these episodes is also first rate, the purity of the white snow against the back drop of the pounding artillery is fantastic.
Same with me. Those episodes in Belgium just depict how extremely difficult even to survive in such conditions: the bitter cold winter, the endless barrage of mortar, not knowing where the enemy is, your friends just getting blown to pieces and you can't do anything, no fox hole is safe, no reinforcements, and sometimes being led by an incompetent officer.

Totally love Band of Brothers Blu-ray and always make time to watch the whole thing again every Veterans Day. Can't wait for HBO to air "The Pacific" which is produced by the same team that did BoB. This time, it's about the Pacific war against the Japanese.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:50 PM   #51
Special Member

Aug 2008
🆇🆇🆇🆇

The first couple times I watched Band of Brothers I didn't like the episodes Bastogne and Breaking Point as much as the others but over time Breaking Point has become probably my favorite episode of the entire series. The part where Spiers takes over during the assault on Foy still chokes m up a little just because it's so freaking amazing.

On a total side note, I finally watched The Dark Knight today and I noticed the guy that plays Cobb and I'm pretty sure the guy that plays Talbert in BoB during the scenes on the ferries. I'm always happy when I see the actors from BoB get work because they all did a phenomenal job and deserve to be in more stuff.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:21 AM   #52
Special Member

May 2007
CANADA
Thumbs up

Saw the entire series for the first time on bluray. WOW Anybody who has a bluray player and doesn't own this set is truly depriving themselves. Just superb all the way through
Old 01-14-2009, 05:36 AM   #53
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
New Orleans

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoYouBlu View Post
im only 2 episodes in and its absolutely phenomenal. i wish the guy who played winters was in more movies, he's a great actor.
Doesn't he play Charlie Cruz on the TV series Life?

Love the show though band of brothers. I've already seen it twice since picking it up on the BB sale a month or so ago. It's just stunning.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:26 AM   #54

Jan 2009
Washington State

International Movie Data base has given BOB 9.6 stars out of 10. damn near a perfect 10. I don't think many other series or films can come that close.

9.6/10 57,121 votes as voted by viewers of BOB
Old 01-14-2009, 06:29 AM   #55
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Miami, FL
Send a message via AIM to JJ Send a message via Yahoo to JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by graf1k View Post

On a total side note, I finally watched The Dark Knight today and I noticed the guy that plays Cobb and I'm pretty sure the guy that plays Talbert in BoB during the scenes on the ferries. I'm always happy when I see the actors from BoB get work because they all did a phenomenal job and deserve to be in more stuff.
Ha! Yes! The guy who says "Let's put it to a vote" on the civilian ferry is Cobb, and one of the criminals with camera time is Talbert - I thought I was the only one who noticed this!
Old 01-15-2009, 03:54 AM   #56

Aug 2008
Richmond, VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieking View Post
Saw the entire series for the first time on bluray. WOW Anybody who has a bluray player and doesn't own this set is truly depriving themselves. Just superb all the way through
+1

I also saw it for the first time on Blu-ray. I picked it up on amazon when it was on sale for $37. I just finished it last night. I was floored by how amazing it was: content, PQ, and AQ. It is definitely one of the best sounding Blu-rays I have ever seen.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:57 AM   #57
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Victoria, BC

you won't get an argument out of me. Damn fine work.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:14 AM   #58
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2008

4 episodes in. phenom. enal.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:38 AM   #59

Apr 2008

Well, i've been waiting for a good few days to sink into these. I watched a bit of the first episode on HBO when they were new. I knew then it was an amazing show but i was in college and had NO TIME for tv. I had honestly forgotten about it till i saw it on sale at BB a few weeks back and so i was excited to watch it, but i wasn't prepared for the connection i felt with the actors right out of the box.

My wife's grandfather was in the war and stationed in England at an airfield. His stories kept running through my mind as i watched the men prepare to leave. I'm thinking of having her watch this with me now as i can only imagine how much greater it's going to get.

I'm now on episode 2 and just freaking floored. Thanks for reminding me to take time for this guys.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:50 PM   #60
Power Member

Mar 2007
Winter Garden, FL USA Playstation ID: phlydude

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Cornelius View Post

Should I expect anything less from a Philly fan, hahhahaah.
Meaning that that stupid ass LT led them through hell with poor decision making. Seeing the troops go through the same thing time and time again with no food, supplies, reinforcements, etc (sounds like something we heard a few years back in Iraq).

Seeing that these guys, andvancing so far along early in the war to be held up and going through hell in the middle of winter with all the shelling going on...

Compared to the earlier episodes (and what I remembered from the original airing of the last episodes once they entered Bavaria), those episodes made it difficult to watch those guys go through that.

As far as the Philly fan rip, who is your loser team of choice? Big game Romo and the boys? Or the Eli and the goons?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America