Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Lone Wolf and Cub (Blu-ray)
$49.99
1 hr ago
Charlie's Angels 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.72
4 hrs ago
District 9 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Battlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000 (Blu-ray)
$12.99
4 hrs ago
Children of the Sea (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Portrait of a Lady on Fire (Blu-ray)
$22.97
2 hrs ago
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$18.87

Psycho (Blu-ray)
$15.49
17 hrs ago
Jaws 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.44

The Samurai Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Until the End of the World (Blu-ray)
$22.97
1 hr ago
The Day the Earth Caught Fire (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 05-25-2020, 11:22 AM   #15541
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Deep in the jungle.

My sister is an idiot. She was just involved in a car-jacking that was actually some kind of drug deal or financial scam gone wrong.... on her end. She's an old addict (in her 50's) who has had chance after chance after chance from my now-elderly parents. I've had to distance myself from them all for a few decades now, just not to be caught up in my families' bullsh!t. No one's perfect, and God knows that I have issues of my own.... but, unlike the other 3/4(+) of the family, I'm actually trying to improve myself through education, therapy, and time, while everyone else around me stays stagnant.... or worsens.

And now, her f-d up stupid-ass antics have caused a cop to be shot twice in the abdomen by the "car-jackers". As if that's not bad enough, the car that she was "jacked" from is my father's new SUV, and it's pretty much totaled. And my sister hasn't had a license for months.... she's up on other charges from last fall that haven't even been addressed yet due to the local Corona virus conditions.

Don't do drugs, kids. And if you must, make it marijuana. All the other ones are waaaayyyy too harsh.
Thanks given by:
Batman1980 (05-26-2020), Flash3000 (05-26-2020), InuYashaCrusade (05-26-2020), Sall7987 (05-26-2020), Scarriere (05-26-2020), thecalm_7 (05-27-2020)
Old 05-25-2020, 03:40 PM   #15542
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmy Lugosi View Post
My sister is an idiot. She was just involved in a car-jacking that was actually some kind of drug deal or financial scam gone wrong.... on her end. She's an old addict (in her 50's) who has had chance after chance after chance from my now-elderly parents. I've had to distance myself from them all for a few decades now, just not to be caught up in my families' bullsh!t. No one's perfect, and God knows that I have issues of my own.... but, unlike the other 3/4(+) of the family, I'm actually trying to improve myself through education, therapy, and time, while everyone else around me stays stagnant.... or worsens.

And now, her f-d up stupid-ass antics have caused a cop to be shot twice in the abdomen by the "car-jackers". As if that's not bad enough, the car that she was "jacked" from is my father's new SUV, and it's pretty much totaled. And my sister hasn't had a license for months.... she's up on other charges from last fall that haven't even been addressed yet due to the local Corona virus conditions.

Don't do drugs, kids. And if you must, make it marijuana. All the other ones are waaaayyyy too harsh.
Wow Lemmy sorry to hear that, as if things were not fd'ed up enough right now this I'm sure is the last thing you and your parents need.

From the sounds of things if she was tied up in this I would think she is looking at some serious time with a LEO being shot and injured, hopefully the LEO makes it out of this ok.

Maybe the best place for your sister right now is in a prison cell.
Thanks given by:
Lemmy Lugosi (05-27-2020)
Old 05-26-2020, 02:29 AM   #15543
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008
Ex-Pat of The Diamond Capital of North Americaô

Sorry about your Family's troubles Lemmy.
Hopefully your sister gets better.
Thanks given by:
Old 05-26-2020, 03:11 AM   #15544
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010

I ordered a birthday gift for my dad on Amazon and it arrive today with the box all dented on the corners due to their stupid bubble envelope packaging. Why does Amazon continuously use this crappy packaging? Do people not complain about this? How can they get away with this for so many years?

I, personally, don't care about a little imperfection on the cover box, but this is a gift! How embarrassing it would be to give something like this as a gift? It's going to cause delays to have this exchanged and may not get rectified in time for my father's birthday so I have to just make do with this, but I'm very upset right now at Amazon and, moreso, upset at the loyal Amazon customers who are ok with this type of shoddy packaging and don't complain about this.
Old 05-26-2020, 03:15 AM   #15545
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Quote:

If it makes you feel better at all, just know there are others out there who also have issues with their family. I am one of those people. I have a lot of rude and stupid relatives and it can be hard to deal with at times. Why I try to avoid family gatherings as much as possible.
Thanks given by:
Old 05-26-2020, 03:37 AM   #15546
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHT View Post
I ordered a birthday gift for my dad on Amazon and it arrive today with the box all dented on the corners due to their stupid bubble envelope packaging. Why does Amazon continuously use this crappy packaging? Do people not complain about this? How can they get away with this for so many years?

I, personally, don't care about a little imperfection on the cover box, but this is a gift! How embarrassing it would be to give something like this as a gift? It's going to cause delays to have this exchanged and may not get rectified in time for my father's birthday so I have to just make do with this, but I'm very upset right now at Amazon and, moreso, upset at the loyal Amazon customers who are ok with this type of shoddy packaging and don't complain about this.
maybe they complain...maybe they don't. but i'm sure amazon, with it's billions upon billions upon billions, probably doesn't care.
Old 05-26-2020, 05:25 AM   #15547
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk33tr View Post
maybe they complain...maybe they don't. but i'm sure amazon, with it's billions upon billions upon billions, probably doesn't care.
Trust me, theyíd care if they receive a lot of complaints and returns.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:59 AM   #15548
Power Member

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Trust me, theyíd care if they receive a lot of complaints and returns.
If you aren't happy with them, stop buying from them. They aren't the only retailer out there. I used to to a lot of pre-orders from them but I stopped because they never shipped me one on release day. Amazon.ca used to be my go to place but it isn't any more. I'd complain and they didn't seem to care so I do most of my shopping elsewhere now. I'll even pay a little more if I have to. The bottom line is that they really don't care because customers keep shopping there.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (05-26-2020)
Old 05-26-2020, 02:21 PM   #15549
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Trust me, they’d care if they receive a lot of complaints and returns.
while true, that number would have to be on a such a large scale as to hurt their profit margin...which would be a hell of a lot.

the amount of business they do is so big, it would take quite a few thousand, every week or so, for them to probably even notice. they're one of the largest companies in the world by market capitalization....hovering around $1 trillion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman Horton View Post
If you aren't happy with them, stop buying from them. They aren't the only retailer out there. I used to to a lot of pre-orders from them but I stopped because they never shipped me one on release day. Amazon.ca used to be my go to place but it isn't any more. I'd complain and they didn't seem to care so I do most of my shopping elsewhere now. I'll even pay a little more if I have to. The bottom line is that they really don't care because customers keep shopping there.
true, also. amazon used to be the place to go for lower prices and quick shipping/delivery. they're not always the lowest, anymore. i shop around for the lowest price, but i still have amazon prime as i like having it and the perks that come with it. also, i don't always need something within 2 days or even a week. if i don't, i definitely go for the lower price. but if i need it quick, then amazon may get my money.
Old 05-26-2020, 10:58 PM   #15550
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman Horton View Post
Zappos is really good. Always uses a box and they always ship right away. I wish I could order from them all the time, but they only sell shoes.

I know some of you might be saying, "But Zappos sells shoes; they have to ship them in a box." Well that's what you think? The last time I ordered a pair of shoes at Amazon, they literally stuffed the shoe box into a big poly envelope. I couldn't believe that even a box of shoes, they still wouldn't use a shipping box.

I honestly don't know why I continue with Amazon. Their prices aren't even that good, they ship super slow (probably the worst shipping service of any online retailer I've used) and their packaging is horrendous. But I guess I still use them because I've been a long term shopper with them and I just trust that I will receive the merchandise and if not, they have a very nice return policy and I know for a fact they wouldn't give me issues if I had to return something. Not to mention that sell anything and everything. Like I said, I can't order both shoes and snacks at Zappos, but can on Amazon. I never used to order from them much until now. Normally, I just run to the store and get what I want; that's what is great about living here in Queens, NY. But this pandemic has forced me to order online now.
Thanks given by:
thecalm_7 (05-27-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 01:14 AM   #15551
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Zappos is really good. Always uses a box and they always ship right away. I wish I could order from them all the time, but they only sell shoes.

I know some of you might be saying, "But Zappos sells shoes; they have to ship them in a box." Well that's what you think? The last time I ordered a pair of shoes at Amazon, they literally stuffed the shoe box into a big poly envelope. I couldn't believe that even a box of shoes, they still wouldn't use a shipping box.

I honestly don't know why I continue with Amazon. Their prices aren't even that good, they ship super slow (probably the worst shipping service of any online retailer I've used) and their packaging is horrendous. But I guess I still use them because I've been a long term shopper with them and I just trust that I will receive the merchandise and if not, they have a very nice return policy and I know for a fact they wouldn't give me issues if I had to return something. Not to mention that sell anything and everything. Like I said, I can't order both shoes and snacks at Zappos, but can on Amazon. I never used to order from them much until now. Normally, I just run to the store and get what I want; that's what is great about living here in Queens, NY. But this pandemic has forced me to order online now.
au contraire, mon frere

shoes
clothing
bags
jewelry/accessories
Old 05-27-2020, 01:16 AM   #15552
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Quote:
au contraire, mon frere

shoes
clothing
bags
jewelry/accessories
Old 05-27-2020, 02:25 AM   #15553
Special Member

Apr 2011
The Gulf

Quote:

I hope you and your family come out ok (as can be) from this. I say it like that as I know it takes its toll on everyone.
My father married 3 times, 3 families. Iím his last son. We never met family one. He never spoke of them but once. It was implied that after my father ran away from home after his dad was murdered, he got hitched and had a kid then they disappeared when he tried to join the navy. Family 2 was a problem for me and my mom. Dad married my mom and she was just a few years older than his kids from wife 2 who had left them with him. His daughter is a mess, junkie since 12, on drugs since 10. He put her through rehab so many times, gave her my first car. I inherited it from dad so it was his title but it was to be mine since I got it running and put a small fortune in it. She ruined so many holidays, call up on Xmas morning at 930 sobbing Ďwe ainít got anything for the kidsí if that doesnít foul up a day. Somehow along the years she got into nursing and her junkie husband got into the Telephone company. Back in the early 90s she got popped for bogus scripts for pain meds. Something you just didnít hear about where we were from. Her husband got straight and somehow became so good with the phone company they sent him to Japan to learn some tech. Poor sob. He was always to blame until my fathers last years alive when he realized how much 2 of his kids played him. Constantly stealing, he had secret money and kept them out of trouble. It wasnít until I needed college money that we realized heíd burned through all his stash and more keeping them from jail or keeping them in jail vs prison. Funny, me and my eldest brother served our time without help. I donít think I deserved help, but how blind he was to those 2. I later helped my mom keep him for 7 years bed bound, very unique form of dementia. We took turns watching him and paying for a live in HHA. The day of his funeral, the 2 freeloaders wanted their piece. Unfortunately with a mishap of an insurance policy, they got a piece. Not about the $$ but the simple decency. Then their kids wanted stuff but that didnít happen. My brother got murdered and our business burned down by his step son all for drug addiction. When I was just starting to work, my cousin (motherís side) always hooked me up with good job ideas, ideas that would later be regrettable. She would burn every bridge with gasoline and demolish all that was left. Mention that name and grins would appear and heíll would follow. These days, I donít speak to anyone in mine but 3-4. Family is hell. At the end of the day, all we can do is try to get away from the carnage and bury it. My son doesnít know about my family, Iíve written a journal and family tree, heíll get it when heís older, but for now, itís just keeping him away from that.
Thanks given by:
Batman1980 (05-27-2020), Lemmy Lugosi (05-27-2020), Mike16 (05-27-2020), Scarriere (05-28-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 04:52 AM   #15554
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010

Quote:
au contraire, mon frere

shoes
clothing
bags
jewelry/accessories
Don't really need any of those right now during this pandemic. So, back to Amazon for more shopping...
Old 05-27-2020, 06:02 AM   #15555
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2009

and this is a prime example of why the government shouldn't give the usps anymore money until they get their act together and get packages delivered in a reasonable manner
Last week we received a package of hand sanitizer from groupon. we got the envelope which was opened in a sealed usps we care clear envelope with nothing in it but the receipt.
other times I have had to email the post office to get my package moving as well since it was stuck in a post office for about a week and once i emailed it got here in around 4 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
It's 100% USPS. This is the second package in a month where it sits at the Massachusetts facility and doesn't move for a week or two at a time. I definitely understand an extra couple of days with everything going on in the world, but weeks? It's annoying. Half of the items I've sold on eBay since April have taken a minimum of two weeks to arrive too, first class and media mail.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:34 AM   #15556
Special Member

Apr 2011
The Gulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr7936 View Post
and this is a prime example of why the government shouldn't give the usps anymore money until they get their act together and get packages delivered in a reasonable manner
Last week we received a package of hand sanitizer from groupon. we got the envelope which was opened in a sealed usps we care clear envelope with nothing in it but the receipt.
other times I have had to email the post office to get my package moving as well since it was stuck in a post office for about a week and once i emailed it got here in around 4 days.
I had a cd coming from California, ETA last Friday. Still not here. Just got notice of it finally getting from San Francisco to LA. 11 days... Iím impressed thatís a new low. Now from LA to Florida for it to circle the drain here for a minimum of a week going back and forth to the same stops again and again. We need a mail service, I know COVID is foiling up all things, but this is becoming a nightmare to get work in and out, packages in and out.

Change of subject, amazon has been fouling up orders lately. Iím only ordering from amazon not 3rd party, Iíve checked, double and triple checked. In the last month, 1 fake, 5 cut out/drilled/sliced items. Itís like the warehouse is selling 3rd party items instead of amazons own stock as the items have the big stickers over the barcodes on the outside shrink wrap. Never had that issue til recently.
Someone above mentioned amazon selling shoes without boxes. Steel toe Wolverines last year in a clear zip lock type bag, no box. Looked like sh!t all kinds of marks on the leather. New for sure, had the laces in that new lace twist knot, paper still tight in the toe, perfect tread and tags were fine. Easily returned and refunded but a week to deal with the issue sucked. Flip flops I understand as thatís how many get shipped now particularly from Nike, Fila, and Under Armour, crocs too.
Old 05-27-2020, 05:02 PM   #15557
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Commonwealth of Virgin

blew up at work so I had a short shift. was thinking off asking tomorrow off but didn't want to push my luck. I suppose I wasn't completely recovered from doing an 8 hour shift monday. I was trying to do a return but I was having trouble with the recipt number so I ended up doing no recipt and the customer was impaint the whole time and it just got worse. I handled my self poorly but in the end I was able to get back to where I was schedule wise with less days so there was a positive at least.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (05-28-2020), SuperFlyHighGuy (05-29-2020)
Old 05-28-2020, 09:06 PM   #15558
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancerslegs View Post
FML. It sucks being so poor, you can't even afford the $5 you need to get your "disabled" car up and running again.
That's what sucks about life. You don't work, you have free time with no money. You get a job, you have money but no free time to use it.
Thanks given by:
InuYashaCrusade (05-29-2020), JackSkellington (05-29-2020), Mike16 (05-28-2020)
Old 05-29-2020, 09:59 AM   #15559
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
north star

I have an iPhone 5 and I got a notice from eBay that I won't be able to use their app anymore cause it won't support it. Buttholes.
Old 05-30-2020, 03:47 AM   #15560
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

wanted to beat the shit out of this guy (customer) at work, today. we were outside and heard a dog barking/yelping. we look over, and it's hanging half of its body outside the rear window. it's panting like crazy and it sounds like it's in pain. the guy had locked his 2 dogs in the car....and it was about 85 degrees outside at the time. the dog eventually made it outside the car. one of the other employees ran over and got the dog (looked to be a boxer, or at least a boxer mix). the dog was real friendly and never tried to run away. he was just hot...and from the looks of it, TOO hot. his tongue was hanging out really far. i went in and made an announcement about it. a couple minutes later, some guy comes running out. this guy looked like your typical meth-head. i had to hold myself back from going over and just start beating the shit out of the *******. i can't STAND people who leave pets in vehicles on hot days. yes he had the windows rolled down a bit, but that doesn't matter. the heat can still build up quickly inside a vehicle; especially one that was parked in the direct sun like his was. i took a couple steps towards him and his car, but stopped. i knew if i went over there, i'd wind up at the police station for aggravated assault (even though the ******* deserved it).

people like that make me sick and don't deserve to own any pets (at the very least).
Thanks given by:
JackSkellington (05-30-2020), Monterey Jack (05-30-2020)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat