Best SteelBook Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Weathering with You (Blu-ray)
$31.49

Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Clannad (Blu-ray)
$74.99

Braveheart 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Promare (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Vampire Hunter D (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Ultraman Ace (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Terminator Genisys (Blu-ray)
$7.96

Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Lifeforce (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.49

Elfen Lied: Complete Collection with OVA (Blu-ray)
$43.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Old 05-23-2020, 11:00 PM   #41
Special Member

Jul 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Yep, I had posted that several posts back, when it first became available on AmazonUK.
Ah that's understandable - has Mad Max come back in stock in the UK? The final nice to have but definitely not needed is ti get a preorder for Max Mad from UK. I have a preorder from Italy but would prefer uniform language on the box since the other 3 i have from the UK
Old 05-24-2020, 10:08 PM   #42
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2013
The Forbidden Valley of NE Ohio

I believe only HMV might have copies left of Fury Road. They could be sold out, too.
Old 05-24-2020, 10:52 PM   #43

Feb 2017

https://shop.warnerbros.co.uk/entertainment/steelbooks
Thanks given by:
RalphoR (05-25-2020)
Old 05-25-2020, 03:01 PM   #44
Expert Member

Jun 2011

UGGGGGHHHHH....

I missed my chance at both RPO and WW this morning, from Amazon UK. I got a little skittish at the $82 USD price, but then got over it, and they went out of stock, FUUUUUUUUUUU....
Old 05-25-2020, 04:01 PM   #45

Jul 2019
Detroit

Looks like US residents are unable to order from the UK Warner shop. Unless I am missing something...
Old 05-25-2020, 05:45 PM   #46
Expert Member

Jun 2011

Just happened to check Amazon UK again and they had both RPO and WW available for order again! I did not hesitate this time, and I locked in my order! Very excited!
Old 05-25-2020, 06:18 PM   #47

Aug 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitpaul View Post
Looks like US residents are unable to order from the UK Warner shop. Unless I am missing something...
Regardless of anything you read on their website about international shipping, they have never shipped outside of the UK.
Old 05-25-2020, 07:03 PM   #48
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaNoodle View Post
Ah that's understandable - has Mad Max come back in stock in the UK? The final nice to have but definitely not needed is ti get a preorder for Max Mad from UK. I have a preorder from Italy but would prefer uniform language on the box since the other 3 i have from the UK
I would recommend checking frequently. May take several days, but Iíve donít that over the years and had great results, with items I wanted to preorder.
Thanks given by:
AlphaNoodle (05-25-2020)
Old 05-26-2020, 01:25 AM   #49

Jun 2018

For those of us eager enough for these steelbooks to watch a Wonder woman unboxing in poor quality thats too long and has audio delay (at least for me lol) and a shitty vertical camera setup heres this

link

if the link doesnt work titansofcult retweeted the guys twitter who did this it's on his front page somewhere.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:46 PM   #50

Jun 2018

Got an email today that there was a problem processing the payment for my wonder woman order and to resolve it, So i went on the site looking for a change payment method option and there was nothing. Went to my cards on file and there was nothing because i always use paypal.

So i go on paypal and it has the charge for the item there successfully and the statement for the credit card i used through paypal has a successful charge as well.

Hopefully this doesnt cause me any problems i told them this and attached a picture of the paypal invoice.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:30 PM   #51
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bromains View Post
Got an email today that there was a problem processing the payment for my wonder woman order and to resolve it, So i went on the site looking for a change payment method option and there was nothing. Went to my cards on file and there was nothing because i always use paypal.

So i go on paypal and it has the charge for the item there successfully and the statement for the credit card i used through paypal has a successful charge as well.

Hopefully this doesnt cause me any problems i told them this and attached a picture of the paypal invoice.
I had this happen about a year ago and, like you, only use PP. Zavvi doesnít give an option to go with PP again. I had other things to do and by the time I checked a few hours later it was resolved.
I will say this about Zavvi, when things go well(payment/shipment) itís very smooth sailing...but if thereís any hiccup in the process itís like the ship crashing on the shoals.
Thanks given by:
bromains (05-28-2020)
Old 05-28-2020, 07:51 PM   #52

Aug 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by bromains View Post

I had the same problem today with 3 orders that placed long ago that they were trying to take payment for today including Wonder Woman.. I believe Zavvi had a problem with PayPal for a time today. People in the Return of the Jedi thread mentioned not being able to order with PayPal for a time today.
Thanks given by:
bromains (05-28-2020)
Old 05-29-2020, 03:50 AM   #53
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Pueblo, CO

While the steelbooks are pretty nice, so far they do have the unfortunate trend of doing steels that are just another in a line of releases. All four so far have had premium releases by other companies including MantaLabs, HDZeta, and U'mania along with numerous regular steelbooks. Really hoping they go a bit more off the beaten path with future choices.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:45 AM   #54
Expert Member

Feb 2011
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom

I have asked them outright and they have not confirmed either way but would assume they will be limited to Warner Bros catalogue items.

Films we are likely to see:- The Matrix, various Batman and/or DC films, nothing before the 1980s, Christopher Nolan films, A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Harry Potter (collection, maybe?), 300, I Am Legend, Watchmen (yes another one!!), Pacific Rim

Films I'd like to see:- The Postman, The Neverending Story, Battlefield Earth (never gonna happen), Interview with the Vampire, The Polar Express, The Book of Eli, Sucker Punch
Old 05-29-2020, 07:33 AM   #55

Aug 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by russgup View Post
I have asked them outright and they have not confirmed either way but would assume they will be limited to Warner Bros catalogue items.

Films we are likely to see:- The Matrix, various Batman and/or DC films, nothing before the 1980s, Christopher Nolan films, A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Harry Potter (collection, maybe?), 300, I Am Legend, Watchmen (yes another one!!), Pacific Rim

Films I'd like to see:- The Postman, The Neverending Story, Battlefield Earth (never gonna happen), Interview with the Vampire, The Polar Express, The Book of Eli, Sucker Punch
Neverending story is a good shout! I'd hope for the trilogy was included, the second one was first film I saw at the cinema.

I hope we don't get the matrix films, I love them, but we had the 4k steelbooks recently.

There are loads from before 1980 I would like to see...Casablance, Citizen Kane, The Big Sleep, Rebel Without a Cause, Robin Hood, The Jazz Singer, Ben Hur, Dr Zhivago, Bullitt, Cool Hand Luke, One Flew over the cukcoos nest, around the world in 80 days...I could go on!
Old 05-29-2020, 08:22 AM   #56
Expert Member

Feb 2011

I agree on the pre-80s stuff would love to see some of them, bit with them already doing a 2018 film, I get the impression they might not go back that far. Hope I am wrong.

And also from my wishlist how could I have missed a true cult classic......Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
Old 05-29-2020, 10:18 AM   #57

May 2019

All we need is one company to focus solely on cult movies, not blockbusters, not star wars related, not comic book movies.

You'd think with the name Titans of Cult would be exactly that but 3 out of 4 of their releases are pretty much blockbusters.
Only bladerunner is the cult film here as it gained it's mass following well after the theatrical release.
Old 05-29-2020, 11:14 AM   #58

Aug 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreasp19 View Post
All we need is one company to focus solely on cult movies, not blockbusters, not star wars related, not comic book movies.

You'd think with the name Titans of Cult would be exactly that but 3 out of 4 of their releases are pretty much blockbusters.
Only bladerunner is the cult film here as it gained it's mass following well after the theatrical release.
If Blade Runner is a cult film, then I think Ready Player One and Mad Max may be future cult films? They performed in a similar way at the box office, all three were outside the top 20 hits for their year of release, only Wonder Woman ranked highly.
Old 05-29-2020, 12:00 PM   #59
Expert Member

Feb 2011

Out of the four films released only one is a true Cult film - Blade Runner. For sure Mad Max Fury Road is a definite future Cult film. Wonder Woman is pure blockbuster and Ready Player One is borderline due to Spielberg (leaning it towards blockbuster/mainstream AND/OR cult depending on what measure you use).

That was part of my concern with my wishlist above - I want to see under represented films (especially in the now repetititve (cough zavvi cough) steelbook market), but feel instead we are going to get another Matrix release and another Inception release.....
Old 05-29-2020, 01:39 PM   #60
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2013
The Forbidden Valley of NE Ohio

My Titans of Cult Wonder Woman edition has been dispatched by Zavvi.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks