Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Star Trek: The Original Motion Picture 6-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
£69.20
 
Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£30.65
 
The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£33.99
 
Black Adam 4K (Blu-ray)
£14.64
 
The Owl Service: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
£12.99
1 day ago
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£42.49
 
The Intruder: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
£12.99
1 day ago
The Royal Tenenbaums (Blu-ray)
£13.49
3 hrs ago
Westworld: Season Four - The Choice (Blu-ray)
£14.99
 
Star Trek: Discovery: Season Four (Blu-ray)
£21.24
 
Written on the Wind (Blu-ray)
£12.59
4 hrs ago
Play for Today: Volume Three (Blu-ray)
£24.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 04-13-2018, 01:18 AM   #11741
pEgLeG pEgLeG is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
pEgLeG's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Uranus
1
259
1329
48
9
2
Default

Any idea when Seeding of a Ghost will be back in stock?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 04:43 AM   #11742
mattyl149 mattyl149 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
mattyl149's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
Old Hill, West Midlands
448
8275
1045
133
1
Send a message via AIM to mattyl149
Default

I've been waiting to find something else to pair Super Inframan with as it would cost 2.99 postage. I saw that Grizzly is now available so decided to order those together, but the postage is 4.60 for two items. That seems quite a lot. I'm sure the postage was never that much before for two items

I'd been waiting for Black Magic 2, Spiritual Boxer and Gifted to go live, so I could get it over 30, but they're taking ages. So I tried adding another item to take it over 30 just to see what the postage would be, and it appears that free postage over 30 doesn't exist anymore
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
John.Gotti (04-13-2018)
Old 04-13-2018, 04:45 AM   #11743
pEgLeG pEgLeG is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
pEgLeG's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Uranus
1
259
1329
48
9
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyl149 View Post
I've been waiting to find something else to pair Super Inframan with as it would cost 2.99 postage. I saw that Grizzly is now available so decided to order those together, but the postage is 4.60 for two items. That seems quite a lot. I'd been waiting for Black Magic 2, Spiritual Boxer and Gifted to go live, so I could get it over 30

I tried adding another item just to see, and it appears that free postage over 30 doesn't exist anymore. I'm sure the postage was never that much before
I placed an order just a couple of days ago and got free shipping. And the website still says they have free shipping over 30.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 04:54 AM   #11744
mattyl149 mattyl149 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
mattyl149's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
Old Hill, West Midlands
448
8275
1045
133
1
Send a message via AIM to mattyl149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pEgLeG View Post
I placed an order just a couple of days ago and got free shipping. And the website still says they have free shipping over 30.
I've just found it, and it says it's free postage over 50. If those three items go live, then I'll have enough for free postage, otherwise I'll be paying 9.20 as I'll have to place two orders

I've checked an order from January and I only paid 2.99 postage for two items and that was first class. The 4.60 is for second class
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
John.Gotti (04-13-2018)
Old 04-13-2018, 04:57 AM   #11745
pEgLeG pEgLeG is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
pEgLeG's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Uranus
1
259
1329
48
9
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyl149 View Post
I've just found it, and it says it's free postage over 50. If those three items go live, then I'll have enough for free postage, otherwise I'll be paying 9.20 as I'll have to place two orders

I've checked an order from January and I only paid 2.99 postage for two items and that was first class. The 4.60 is for second class
I'm looking at their delivery policy right now and it says 30. Where are you seeing 50?

Edit: I just found it at the top of the page. Interesting that their delivery policy still says 30.

Last edited by pEgLeG; 04-13-2018 at 05:01 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 06:20 AM   #11746
mattyl149 mattyl149 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
mattyl149's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
Old Hill, West Midlands
448
8275
1045
133
1
Send a message via AIM to mattyl149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pEgLeG View Post
I'm looking at their delivery policy right now and it says 30. Where are you seeing 50?

Edit: I just found it at the top of the page. Interesting that their delivery policy still says 30.
I contacted them about the postage increase (not the fact the the free delivery limit has gone up)
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:12 AM   #11747
Brutalizer79 Brutalizer79 is offline
Special Member
 
Brutalizer79's Avatar
 
Apr 2015
Northeast Ohio
45
2344
803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyl149 View Post
I've been waiting to find something else to pair Super Inframan with as it would cost 2.99 postage. I saw that Grizzly is now available so decided to order those together, but the postage is 4.60 for two items. That seems quite a lot. I'm sure the postage was never that much before for two items

I'd been waiting for Black Magic 2, Spiritual Boxer and Gifted to go live, so I could get it over 30, but they're taking ages. So I tried adding another item to take it over 30 just to see what the postage would be, and it appears that free postage over 30 doesn't exist anymore
I'm in the same boat. I was going to place an order and couldn't get enough to get the free shipping now that its at 50. Hopefully Black Magic 2, Spiritual Boxer, and/or Amazonia go live soon as at least one of those would get me to the threshold with what is already in my cart.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:19 AM   #11748
CDexWard CDexWard is offline
Member
 
Mar 2018
Default

I asked a couple of pages before but no one replied. Does anyone know what is up with the insanely low prices all of a sudden? There's so much on sale, even new releases. The next two Shaw titles with slipcases are listed for 9.99. That seems very odd given that new releases cost 15 pounds until very recently.

Last edited by CDexWard; 04-13-2018 at 08:31 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:56 AM   #11749
CavebobSpongeman CavebobSpongeman is offline
Power Member
 
CavebobSpongeman's Avatar
 
Apr 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDexWard View Post
I asked a couple of pages before but no one replied. Does anyone know what is up with the insanely low prices all of a sudden? There's so much on sale, even new releases. The next two Shaw titles with slipcases are listed for 9.99. That seems very odd given that new releases cost 15 pounds until very recently.
Don't knock it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 09:14 AM   #11750
Brutalizer79 Brutalizer79 is offline
Special Member
 
Brutalizer79's Avatar
 
Apr 2015
Northeast Ohio
45
2344
803
Default

Just FYI, but it looks like Diabolik DVD has some copies of Blood Harvest available:

https://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/...ay-all-region/
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 11:23 AM   #11751
Killer Meteor Killer Meteor is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jan 2013
-
-
-
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markgway View Post
Any other problem titles?
Hex had the problem of a Cantonese track with subs timed for Mandarin. It resulted in a off-screen conversation where the Master says something and the subs say "Master, don't beat me!"
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 12:15 PM   #11752
mattyl149 mattyl149 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
mattyl149's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
Old Hill, West Midlands
448
8275
1045
133
1
Send a message via AIM to mattyl149
Default

I asked about the postage and this is the reply I received:

It is really difficult for us as we have never fully covered our postage costs before. we pay a company to fulfil our orders for us and for that service we have to pay a pick fee per item a pack fee and a postage fee.

We dropped the prices on our website recently for a little sale and most titles are now 8.99. at the higher prices we were able to absorb some of the packing and postage fees but we have decided to leave the titles selling at 8.99 and have adjusted the postage to cover our costs fully.

Hope this is not too off putting. i understand it looks like a big jump at 1.61 increase but you should still save money over us increasing the prices back to 11, 12 and 14.99 from 8.99.

you are a really good customer and we obviously don't want to lose customers over this so we will see how it goes
in the meantime here is a free shipping voucher for you for being a loyal customer
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
horrorslash80s (04-13-2018), pEgLeG (04-13-2018)
Old 04-13-2018, 01:07 PM   #11753
Jaymole Jaymole is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jaymole's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
NYC
-
-
-
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDexWard View Post
I asked a couple of pages before but no one replied. Does anyone know what is up with the insanely low prices all of a sudden? There's so much on sale, even new releases. The next two Shaw titles with slipcases are listed for 9.99. That seems very odd given that new releases cost 15 pounds until very recently.
Those goddamn bastards!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 01:12 PM   #11754
Bes30 Bes30 is offline
Senior Member
 
Sep 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markgway View Post
The BBFC don't cut stuff like that anymore, horrible as it is.


EDIT. Well, what Calum said.
True, although Human Centipede 2 notably suffered cuts to
[Show spoiler]the squishing of the baby foetus
; I think they do cut such footage if it is deemed to be callous or has the potential to desensitize the audience. Run & Kill definitely has a good chance of passing uncut though, but I'm not 100% sure about it. The aforementioned sexual violence portrayals from the other films certainly won't get through intact though; I'd put money on it in fact.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:24 PM   #11755
logboy logboy is offline
Power Member
 
logboy's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
UK
Default

i only want one release. even at 8.99, adding the inflated postage doesn't convince me.

now, if someone bought on behalf of a group ... and only charged cost for postage ...

as it is, i am waiting for somewhere else to get to that price.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 03:11 PM   #11756
horrorslash80s horrorslash80s is offline
Active Member
 
horrorslash80s's Avatar
 
Jan 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyl149 View Post
I asked about the postage and this is the reply I received:

It is really difficult for us as we have never fully covered our postage costs before. we pay a company to fulfil our orders for us and for that service we have to pay a pick fee per item a pack fee and a postage fee.

We dropped the prices on our website recently for a little sale and most titles are now 8.99. at the higher prices we were able to absorb some of the packing and postage fees but we have decided to leave the titles selling at 8.99 and have adjusted the postage to cover our costs fully.

Hope this is not too off putting. i understand it looks like a big jump at 1.61 increase but you should still save money over us increasing the prices back to 11, 12 and 14.99 from 8.99.

you are a really good customer and we obviously don't want to lose customers over this so we will see how it goes
in the meantime here is a free shipping voucher for you for being a loyal customer
88 have been more than fair especially with the 30 free shipping they had going for so long. I'm in the UK and when I buy from companies in the US I'm looking at around 110 -145 to get free shipping so 88 were being incredibly generous. They also lowered the prices on some of their newer release titles recently and always have offers going on so they can't keep that up forever without making a loss. 50 free shipping is still a good deal for people overseas

Last edited by horrorslash80s; 04-13-2018 at 07:17 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Pete S (04-13-2018)
Old 04-13-2018, 06:16 PM   #11757
splintersan splintersan is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
splintersan's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
10
486
11
19
Default

The free shipping increase is a huge bummer, if they had let us know here I would have place an order before they raised it, now it just costs the same as ordering from diabolik for me so that kinda sucks. I was waiting for Spiritual Boxer to go up for sale.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
gobad2003 (04-13-2018)
Old 04-13-2018, 07:30 PM   #11758
El_Fez El_Fez is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
El_Fez's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
Funkytown
23
1733
405
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pEgLeG View Post
Has anyone in here ordered (with basic shipping) from the pacific northwest? If so, around how long did it take to arrive?
I'm in Seattle and I've ordered 3 or 4 times now. It usually takes just slightly under a week for my package to reach me.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
pEgLeG (04-13-2018)
Old 04-13-2018, 08:19 PM   #11759
oddbox83 oddbox83 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
oddbox83's Avatar
 
Sep 2013
UK
Default

I got impatient and rented The Super Inframan from iTunes. You know, just because I fancied seeing the love child of Chinese martial arts movies and Japanese Tokusatsu* for my Friday night.

What worries me is that it has that pixelated look in the fine details that has plagued some Shout titles and the old Suspiria disc. I hope that's not on the new BD.

Tokusatsu range please, 88 Films! Hopefully sales on this will be a good measure of possible interest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 04:41 AM   #11760
pEgLeG pEgLeG is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
pEgLeG's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Uranus
1
259
1329
48
9
2
Default

I just watched Human Lanterns last night on Prime. Wow! What an awesome flick. I hope it gets a blu release. I'd surely buy it.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Ste7en (04-14-2018)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:23 PM.