Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Harry Potter: 8 Film Dark Arts Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
£117.12
1 day ago
Reservoir Dogs 4K (Blu-ray)
£19.54
1 day ago
Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£30.65
 
Fast & Furious: 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
£41.07
9 hrs ago
Rocky: The Knockout Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
£50.99
1 day ago
House of the Dragon 4K (Blu-ray)
£32.00
1 day ago
The Alfred Hitchcock Classics Collection Vol 2 4K (Blu-ray)
£43.21
1 day ago
Paranormal Activity: The Ultimate Chills Collection (Blu-ray)
£39.96
1 day ago
Flash Gordon 4K (Blu-ray)
£38.55
9 hrs ago
Westworld: The Complete Series 4K (Blu-ray)
£66.65
22 hrs ago
Middle-Earth: The Ultimate Collector's Set 4K (Blu-ray)
£151.21
22 hrs ago
Snowtown (Blu-ray)
£9.99
12 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 07-23-2018, 10:30 AM   #12541
Pikylechu Pikylechu is offline
Senior Member
 
May 2017
Aberdeen, Scotland
23
1512
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz2810i View Post
Just received a copy of Bloodsucking Pharaohs in Pittsburgh in the post and it has a different case to the others, in the Slashers collection, I have brought. Is this normal?

I had a tough time tracking it down and needed to purchase of Amazon Marketplace... Any particular reason why? It's not even listed on 88 films website. However, I am in the process of building the entire Slasher and Italian collections and couldn't live without this one lol
As long as its still red, you should be good. I forget their exact names, but the cases for the slasher classics collection changed from a reasonably transparent red case to a more solid scarlet at some point. The change is minor but noticeable.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 05:11 PM   #12542
Fnord Prefect Fnord Prefect is offline
Banned
 
Jul 2015
Isle of Albion
924
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz2810i View Post
Just received a copy of Bloodsucking Pharaohs in Pittsburgh in the post and it has a different case to the others, in the Slashers collection, I have brought. Is this normal?

I had a tough time tracking it down and needed to purchase of Amazon Marketplace... Any particular reason why? It's not even listed on 88 films website. However, I am in the process of building the entire Slasher and Italian collections and couldn't live without this one lol
There was a cock up at the manufacturers who provided the wrong type of case and 88 Films decided not to go through with the hassle/delay/expense of recalling the item.

If it's really bothering you personally I'd pick up a cheap secondhand/sale copy of a title you already have, switch the cases and then flog the spare on Ebay to get back most of your costs.

EDIT: Anyone any thoughts on Deadtime Stories? Worth a pre-order?

I blow hot and cold over 80's horror and definitely prefer the more violent, twisted, imaginative even genuinely funny stuff over R rated silliness like Critters. Which isn't to say I don't like any R rated level stuff (Return of the Living Dead 1 - 3 and Waxwork come immediately to mind)

Last edited by Fnord Prefect; 07-23-2018 at 05:49 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 05:43 PM   #12543
gaz2810i gaz2810i is offline
Active Member
 
Dec 2017
127
Default

Thanks everyone... Someone on another forum Said they thought there may have been an issue with the first printing of the Bloodsucking Pharaohs... release but did not know details. Is this true and how would I know if I have the right or wrong one. Apologies if I come across Paranoid.

Fnord Prefect... That sounds like a great idea, I might just do that!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Fnord Prefect (07-23-2018)
Old 07-23-2018, 07:33 PM   #12544
rapta rapta is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
rapta's Avatar
 
Mar 2013
Hants, UK
7
4312
1
6
Default

So after asking HMV online why One-Armed Swordsman, The Dragon Missile and Sea Fog weren't in their 5 for £30 offer yet despite being £8.99 each, I found all three in Fopp Bristol for £6 each. So now I have those, each with slips too.

Weirdly, The Mercenary and Navajo Joe were £12 each in Fopp, but 5 for £30 in HMV Bristol Broadmead. I'll have to order those online soon instead (and The Mercenary was OOS in Fopp anyway).
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 12:02 PM   #12545
Tiger Tanaka Tiger Tanaka is offline
Senior Member
 
Tiger Tanaka's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
Belgium
Default

i guess chances are very slim that these might one day get a blu-ray release but 88 films, if you are reading this, you would make a happy camper if you could release some of these gems:

shaw:

- king boxer
- buddha's palm

HK

- the last blood aka hard boiled 2
- the mission (the one from johnnie too)
- running out of time 1 + 2
- extreme crisis
- the seventh curse
- duel to the death (best martial arts flick ever)

bollywood:

- don
- jaani dushman
- shaan


spaghetti:

- Il pistolero dell'Ave Maria

horror / sci-fi / action

- the curse 1 + 2
- the hidden (warner, i know)
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 01:38 PM   #12546
Fnord Prefect Fnord Prefect is offline
Banned
 
Jul 2015
Isle of Albion
924
9
Default

88 Films have said on social media that a few years back they looked into a Bollywood line but for various reasons not specified (probably producers wanting too much money) it went the same way as their aborted after one sales disaster title* British sex comedies line.

Arrow Video also looked into licensing Bollywood titles around the same time but that obviously never happened either which no disrespect whatsoever to 88 Films is perhaps an even bigger shame.

* Said sales disappointment was Eskimo Nell which as the best of it's kind and unlike 97% of it's type a genuinely funny and charming film. If they couldn't flog that what hope the lesser titles that aren't with Sony or StudioCanal or haven't yet been snaffled up by Screeenbound for one of their mediocre vanilla DVDs?

Last edited by Fnord Prefect; 07-24-2018 at 01:45 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Aficionado (07-25-2018)
Old 07-24-2018, 02:21 PM   #12547
jono3000 jono3000 is offline
Power Member
 
jono3000's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
204
204
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnord Prefect View Post
* Said sales disappointment was Eskimo Nell which as the best of it's kind and unlike 97% of it's type a genuinely funny and charming film. If they couldn't flog that what hope the lesser titles that aren't with Sony or StudioCanal or haven't yet been snaffled up by Screeenbound for one of their mediocre vanilla DVDs?
Along those lines I would buy the Confessions of.. or Adventures of.. films if they were released on Blu-ray. The DVD boxsets are nicely done.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
OgamiittoMcJ (07-29-2018)
Old 07-24-2018, 03:16 PM   #12548
logboy logboy is offline
Power Member
 
logboy's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
UK
Default


i'm very surprised that 'sea fog' didn't cause a stir, both on it's original release in korea and with the recent 88 disc. have (had?) high hopes for their korean stuff, because of physical releases always having been short on supply over there - and being virtually dead in the water now, pretty much everywhere.

wonder if we can expect more frequency with 88 releasing these films that are probably getting good masters for streaming services that aren't making it to physical, because i agree with the above video that it's causing lots of films to be lost under the radar that should be capable of much more exposure.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Sea-Fog-Blu-ray/188698/
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Fnord Prefect (07-24-2018)
Old 07-24-2018, 04:14 PM   #12549
leoganzi leoganzi is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
leoganzi's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
34
364
77
1
Default

Going by Korean stuff, would love to see a new transfer of A Tale of Two Sisters now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 04:31 PM   #12550
Ben_C Ben_C is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Ben_C's Avatar
 
Mar 2015
UK
427
2563
Default

I was a bit disappointed with Sea Fog, despite the talent involved and having wanted to see it since it came out on dvd in Korea. It looked great, both PQ and cinematography, but it just didnít do it for me.
[Show spoiler]Characters turned from happy-go-lucky fishermen to deranged, would-be rapists in the space of a few short minutes.


Hansel and Gretel has already had a blu-ray release, so another one seems a bit of a waste (unless the old one is OOP?)

Iris is another strange one. Much as I like Lee Byung-hun, does it even work as a stand-alone film, or do you miss out on loads of plot/character development from the tv series?

Thereís plenty of great Korean stuff out there, so hopefully more will be announced soon...
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:25 AM   #12551
gaz2810i gaz2810i is offline
Active Member
 
Dec 2017
127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste7en View Post
Yep, it wasn't a store exclusive.

My copy arrived from Amazon this morning as well
I received it from Amazon with slip too.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Ste7en (07-25-2018)
Old 07-25-2018, 08:12 AM   #12552
logboy logboy is offline
Power Member
 
logboy's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
UK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoganzi View Post
Going by Korean stuff, would love to see a new transfer of A Tale of Two Sisters now.
great film, but not a priority for me - i would rather see labels tracking and releasing new films that are unsung and a bit more of an unknown quantity in how well they'll do.

too much comes and goes, and despite how it might often seem to be about great films being obvious and everywhere, there's far too much that's simply reliant upon people getting a chance to see it themselves (without festivals, reviews, releases in other countries) before it has a chance to get a reputation that makes it the kind of film like 'tale of two sisters' that's remembered and worth another generation getting a chance to see.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 04:37 PM   #12553
leoganzi leoganzi is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
leoganzi's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
34
364
77
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logboy View Post
great film, but not a priority for me - i would rather see labels tracking and releasing new films that are unsung and a bit more of an unknown quantity in how well they'll do.

too much comes and goes, and despite how it might often seem to be about great films being obvious and everywhere, there's far too much that's simply reliant upon people getting a chance to see it themselves (without festivals, reviews, releases in other countries) before it has a chance to get a reputation that makes it the kind of film like 'tale of two sisters' that's remembered and worth another generation getting a chance to see.

I know where you're coming from, in fact, A tale of Two Sisters is one of my few favorite Korean movies and I personally need a new version of the film because the initial Tartan release is abysmal. I know there's the Korean release which is a better release, but it was taken from an older master(IP).
Since a 4k remaster version of Memories of Murder has just come out from France, that just popped into my head.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 05:56 PM   #12554
Fnord Prefect Fnord Prefect is offline
Banned
 
Jul 2015
Isle of Albion
924
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono3000 View Post
Along those lines I would buy the Confessions of.. or Adventures of.. films if they were released on Blu-ray. The DVD boxsets are nicely done.
I'd definitely upgrade my Confessions DVD set. They're with Sony though so over to you Indicator/Powerhouse...

Frankly I'm intrigued as to what other titles 88 Films were planning, especially as most of the famous ones are either long since licensed or simply unobtainable.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 06:01 PM   #12555
splintersan splintersan is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
splintersan's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
10
486
11
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoganzi View Post
Since a 4k remaster version of Memories of Murder has just come out from France, that just popped into my head.
really?!?!? I love that film. Do you have it? Does it have Eng subs?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 06:19 PM   #12556
leoganzi leoganzi is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
leoganzi's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
34
364
77
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by splintersan View Post
really?!?!? I love that film. Do you have it? Does it have Eng subs?

No, I don't, but no English subs for the main feature on the new French release. Sorry.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=304160
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 02:03 PM   #12557
splintersan splintersan is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
splintersan's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
10
486
11
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoganzi View Post
No, I don't, but no English subs for the main feature on the new French release. Sorry.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=304160
Bummer. Maybe we'll get a new Korean release with the new scan in the near future then.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 05:56 PM   #12558
RiFiFi1955 RiFiFi1955 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
RiFiFi1955's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Albany, NY
18
1544
Default

Anyone else here waiting for the price on Eyeball to drop to at least around 15 pounds? I have never bought a 88 release for more than 12 if memory serves me correctly.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 07:46 PM   #12559
horrorslash80s horrorslash80s is offline
Active Member
 
horrorslash80s's Avatar
 
Jan 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiFiFi1955 View Post
Anyone else here waiting for the price on Eyeball to drop to at least around 15 pounds? I have never bought a 88 release for more than 12 if memory serves me correctly.
I doubt it will drop below £15 because it's a more deluxe edition with the lobby cards and poster. I think £15.99 is a great price for it and wanted to jump on it quickly because there are only 3000 copies. Who knows it might drop in price
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
dawnofthediscs (08-04-2018), RiFiFi1955 (07-27-2018)
Old 07-27-2018, 08:07 PM   #12560
Cinema84 Cinema84 is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2012
NJ
-
-
-
135
Default

So this is the extravagant release of EYEBALL that Waddell said was coming? Looks like a regular edition to me. Glad to see it's region free.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:04 PM.