Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.45
13 hrs ago
Shazam! Fury of the Gods 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
23 hrs ago
The Godfather Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$49.99
22 hrs ago
The Skulls Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$5.99
8 hrs ago
Pasolini 101 (Blu-ray)
$199.99
20 hrs ago
The Italian Job 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.14
11 hrs ago
Plane 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96
1 day ago
Superman I-IV 5-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$97.99
 
The Whale (Blu-ray)
$15.99
1 hr ago
Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
1 day ago
Star Trek: The Next Generation Motion Picture Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$77.99
 
Planet of the Apes Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

View Poll Results: What is your favourite Friday the 13th film(s)?
Friday the 13th (1980) 585 24.43%
Friday the 13th Part II 482 20.13%
Friday the 13th Part 3 3D 342 14.28%
Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter 720 30.06%
Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning 143 5.97%
Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason lives 583 24.34%
Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood 191 7.97%
Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan 133 5.55%
Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday 84 3.51%
Jason X 167 6.97%
Freddy Vs. Jason 207 8.64%
Friday the 13th (2009) 128 5.34%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2395. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 02:49 AM   #8041
Chloenator Chloenator is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Chloenator's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
-
-
-
-
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleHBK View Post
You should have ordered it a few weeks ago then when it was being purchased for $69.99 - 74.99. I have a hard time believing this will ever be available for cheaper then $54.99, and I wouldn't expect that price for at least 2 more years following in the steps of how long it took for the Alien anthology and Matrix Collections to finally drop to an affordable level.

The other thing to consider is that Warner only has the distribution rights of these films for a few years, so it's entirely possible that we'll never see a huge price cut as Warner May just let the distribution deal end without doing a 50% off type of pricing. I'll be surprised if we EVER get another complete set like this. My guess... when the distribution deal ends, and Paramount regains the movies, they'll release their own set of 1-8 and along with the Remake and the remakes new sequel. So if you really want all the films together, it'd be wise to bite that bullet and purchase the set in the next year.
I agree. I also don't see this set being on sale around Black Friday, so don't be disappointed if it's not. There are just some sets that don't get discounted that often, if at all. I have a feeling this will be one of them.
 
Old 10-14-2013, 03:26 AM   #8042
RyanPom RyanPom is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jun 2013
240
1383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcr View Post
We might aswell make this the all things friday the 13th forum.

this thread is refusing to die .... we all keep coming back ( like jason )

5 random favourite friday moments -

1.) the bond opening in jason lives

2.) the unmasking and death of jason in the final chapter

3.) dream sequence for chris at the end of part 3

4.) jason chasing ginny at the end of part 2

5.) the machette in the back of trey in bed freddy vs jason


there are plenty of more moments of course thats just five random favourites...

please share ...
Wheelchair guy death in Part 2.
 
Old 10-14-2013, 03:48 AM   #8043
JaseT JaseT is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
JaseT's Avatar
 
May 2009
Colorado, USA
-
2
Default

I was momentarily excited tonight when I saw four of these sets at Best Buy with a price tag of $9.99 on the shelf.
 
Old 10-14-2013, 09:58 AM   #8044
cropsy cropsy is offline
Power Member
 
cropsy's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Manchester, Uk
663
1
Default

Had an absolute nightmare with this boxset. I pre-ordered as soon as it went up, $121(78) with expedited shipping to the UK to avoid customs and it shows up scraped and dented. So i inform Amazon.com(US) and they say they will send me out a replacement, all fine and good you would think, no. 3 weeks later no boxset though it says delivered on my Amazon account. I then rang up royal mail thinking it might be at my nearest sorting office but after a little digging they tell me it was sent through Yodel. So then i ring Yodel and they tell me it was delivered through my letterbox nearly 3 weeks ago, the boxset is more than twice the thickness of any letterbox in the UK so that is a flat out lie. Anyway the upshot is is that Amazon US have refunded me my money and have now stopped selling the boxset themselves because of many complaints and it is currently under review. So nearly 5 weeks after release i still have no boxset. Bollocks. My halloween Digi-book has also not shown up after nearly 3 weeks either.

Last edited by cropsy; 10-14-2013 at 10:11 AM.
 
Old 10-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #8045
Zombie Dude Zombie Dude is offline
Special Member
 
Zombie Dude's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
Australia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cropsy View Post
Had an absolute nightmare with this boxset. I pre-ordered as soon as it went up, $121(78) with expedited shipping to the UK to avoid customs and it shows up scraped and dented. So i inform Amazon.com(US) and they say they will send me out a replacement, all fine and good you would think, no. 3 weeks later no boxset though it says delivered on my Amazon account. I then rang up royal mail thinking it might be at my nearest sorting office but after a little digging they tell me it was sent through Yodel. So then i ring Yodel and they tell me it was delivered through my letterbox nearly 3 weeks ago, the boxset is more than twice the thickness of any letterbox in the UK so that is a flat out lie. Anyway the upshot is is that Amazon US have refunded me my money and have now stopped selling the boxset themselves because of many complaints and it is currently under review. So nearly 5 weeks after release i still have no boxset. Bollocks. My halloween Digi-book has also not shown up after nearly 3 weeks either.
That sucks. I was wondering why Amazon weren't listing it anymore, but this explains it. I've had a package or two signed off when no one was home here in Australia. I've started complaining when it happens now. I don't want me stuff sitting out the front for the weather to ruin or people to steal, especially seeing as you pay more for that service.
 
Old 10-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #8046
Ragna Ragna is offline
Active Member
 
Ragna's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
U.K.
334
3086
Default

It's available to order now on Amazon
 
Old 10-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #8047
Spooked Spooked is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Spooked's Avatar
 
Aug 2013
Washington
2
105
653
112
79
3
3
11
3
Default

I was kind of hoping that Amazon would light a fire under WB's ass to get more retail-friendly packaging. I'm waiting on this till 2014. Maybe someone will get both a clue and some initiative. Hope is such a fragile thing...
 
Old 10-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #8048
cropsy cropsy is offline
Power Member
 
cropsy's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Manchester, Uk
663
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna View Post
It's available to order now on Amazon
Back up now yeah, wondering wether to just re-order from them.
 
Old 10-14-2013, 02:12 PM   #8049
Ragna Ragna is offline
Active Member
 
Ragna's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
U.K.
334
3086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cropsy View Post
Back up now yeah, wondering wether to just re-order from them.
Go for it.
 
Old 10-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #8050
Kryptonic Kryptonic is offline
Suspended
 
Kryptonic's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
That sucks. I was wondering why Amazon weren't listing it anymore, but this explains it. I've had a package or two signed off when no one was home here in Australia. I've started complaining when it happens now. I don't want me stuff sitting out the front for the weather to ruin or people to steal, especially seeing as you pay more for that service.
It probably has more to do with Amazon shipping them in mailers instead of boxes and people returning them due to dents on the tin. If they just shipped everything in boxes or in those cardboard wraps, they wouldn't have to deal with so many returns.
 
Old 10-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #8051
Rocklandsboy Rocklandsboy is offline
Special Member
 
Rocklandsboy's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
Wirral, England
416
1972
337
Default

Received this in the UK today. Not happy.

Packaging was perfect, tin wasn't dented, etc. But half the discs have very visible hairline marks on them (GOD I HATE CARDBOARD SLIPS!) and the Friday 13th remake disc is missing entirely!

I paid a ton of Customs to get this in - ok, it was part of a bigger order but still - and now I risk paying another huge amount for a replacement (for the missing disc) I've contacted Amazon.

Great.
 
Old 10-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #8052
rickah88 rickah88 is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
rickah88's Avatar
 
May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-
-
93
Default

I'll never understand how, over the years, I've rented ~1000 BDs from Netflix and maybe a dozen showed any trace of scratches while viewed under a lighted lens. AND, of those scratched discs, all of them played with no problems at all.

Guess I'm just lucky.
 
Old 10-14-2013, 07:52 PM   #8053
Rocklandsboy Rocklandsboy is offline
Special Member
 
Rocklandsboy's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
Wirral, England
416
1972
337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
I'll never understand how, over the years, I've rented ~1000 BDs from Netflix and maybe a dozen showed any trace of scratches while viewed under a lighted lens. AND, of those scratched discs, all of them played with no problems at all.

Guess I'm just lucky.
These particular scratches go around the discs... i.e. the path of the laser. Caused entirely by wretched packaging.
 
Old 10-14-2013, 08:01 PM   #8054
rickah88 rickah88 is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
rickah88's Avatar
 
May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-
-
93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklandsboy View Post
These particular scratches go around the discs... i.e. the path of the laser. Caused entirely by wretched packaging.
Uhm, last time I checked cardboard packaging is more protective than just a bare, paper envelope...but I digress...
If, in fact, you have "circular scratches", that implies that some debris was trapped, in the sleeve, on the read-side, of the disc...and during transit spun around that disc due to gravity.
I hate to break this to ya, but the same thing can happen(and has) with plastic hubs when a piece of plastic breaks during shipment.
Every set I have that houses discs in card board sleeves are flawless. I find it hard to believe that I'm that lucky.
 
Old 10-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #8055
Rocklandsboy Rocklandsboy is offline
Special Member
 
Rocklandsboy's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
Wirral, England
416
1972
337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Uhm, last time I checked cardboard packaging is more protective than just a bare, paper envelope...but I digress...
If, in fact, you have "circular scratches", that implies that some debris was trapped, in the sleeve, on the read-side, of the disc...and during transit spun around that disc due to gravity.
I hate to break this to ya, but the same thing can happen(and has) with plastic hubs when a piece of plastic breaks during shipment.
Every set I have that houses discs in card board sleeves are flawless. I find it hard to believe that I'm that lucky.
Never had a scratched disc on a plastic hub. Ever. Out of 1000s of BDs and DVDs. Cardboard is a disc wrecker.
 
Old 10-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #8056
rickah88 rickah88 is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
rickah88's Avatar
 
May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-
-
93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklandsboy View Post
Never had a scratched disc on a plastic hub. Ever. Out of 1000s of BDs and DVDs. Cardboard is a disc wrecker.
Well there you have it. I get broken hubs, which destroys the disc while in transit, because it becomes unseated. Cardboard flawless.
 
Old 10-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #8057
bookcase bookcase is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
bookcase's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Boston, MA
276
536
1011
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklandsboy View Post
Never had a scratched disc on a plastic hub. Ever. Out of 1000s of BDs and DVDs. Cardboard is a disc wrecker.
You may want to actually play the BDs to see if they work or not.
 
Old 10-14-2013, 08:21 PM   #8058
tommynorcal tommynorcal is offline
Special Member
 
tommynorcal's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Brooklyn, NY
56
1
Default

Got mine from amazon in a regular ass box and everything was intact. the tin, the discs, everything. im just gonna assume the first run had a lot of manufacturing issues.
 
Old 10-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #8059
rybev rybev is offline
Power Member
 
Feb 2008
1
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Well there you have it. I get broken hubs, which destroys the disc while in transit, because it becomes unseated. Cardboard flawless.
Yeah, I've had plenty of discs delivered that we're loose in the case because of not being placed in securely enough or have broken spindles.
I've never had any problems with discs in cardboard holders.
 
Old 10-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #8060
Rocklandsboy Rocklandsboy is offline
Special Member
 
Rocklandsboy's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
Wirral, England
416
1972
337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookcase View Post
You may want to actually play the BDs to see if they work or not.
Well the disc that's completely missing doesn't play, that's for sure!
 
Closed Thread
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:59 AM.