Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Running Man 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
4 hrs ago
All Quiet on the Western Front 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.49
20 hrs ago
The Godfather Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.45
1 day ago
To Love Ru: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$73.96
1 hr ago
Shazam! Fury of the Gods 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

The Sorrow and the Pity (Blu-ray)
$24.80
20 hrs ago
Superman I-IV 5-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$97.99

Plane 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Star Trek: The Next Generation Motion Picture Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$77.99

The Italian Job 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.14
1 day ago
Planet of the Apes Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

View Poll Results: What is your favourite Friday the 13th film(s)?
Friday the 13th (1980) 585 24.43%
Friday the 13th Part II 482 20.13%
Friday the 13th Part 3 3D 342 14.28%
Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter 720 30.06%
Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning 143 5.97%
Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason lives 583 24.34%
Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood 191 7.97%
Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan 133 5.55%
Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday 84 3.51%
Jason X 167 6.97%
Freddy Vs. Jason 207 8.64%
Friday the 13th (2009) 128 5.34%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2395. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #1241
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britbuffguy View Post
That right there might be the dumbest thing I've read all year. You are aware you NEED earbuds to listen to an Ipod, but you do NOT need 3D to watch part 3 right? I hope you know this.
Actually, what you just said is the dumbest thing I've read all year. You need glasses to see it in 3D, Brainiac. That was my point.

And thanks for the insults people. Very mature thread we've got here. I wish the kids would go play so the grownups can talk.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:40 PM   #1242

Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixen of the Night View Post
If it doesn't include the unrated JGTH, then is one major **** up on Warner's part.
Just be happy it's getting a blu-ray release. We all are lucky that these even came out on DVD way back when. It's really too obscure of a franchise for them to spend all the money on a new 3-D transfer or worry about if JGTH is uncut or not. I don't know why everyone is rocking the boat when they are releasing this as a favor to us. They did not have to do this as there is no money to be made. How many people even know who Jason Voorhees is? Exactly - not very many. His name has died out along with big league chew gum and parachute pants. If you keep complaining, they might just not release it at all since the fan base isn't even big enough for them to make their money back on manufacturing costs alone. Again, there isn't much interest in this box set and there wasn't really much of a demand for it before they announced it. There would need to be an incentive for them to make sure it's definitive and quite frankly, the audience just isn't there. So I say to you if you don't get JGTH uncut, just smile and thank the Lord that you at least got to see the rated version in HD as WB has blessed us ALL with this release.

Can I get a hallelujah up in here!

Last edited by deepred; 06-25-2013 at 11:39 PM.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #1243

Nov 2009
Amsterdam

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepred View Post
Just be happy it's getting a blu-ray release. We all are lucky that these even came out on DVD way back when. It's really too obscure of a franchise for them to spend all the money on a new 3-D transfer or worry about if JGTH is uncut or not. I don't know why everyone is rocking the boat when they are releasing this as a favor to us. They did not have to do this as there is no money to be made. How many people even know who Jason Voorhees is? Exactly - not very many. His name has died out along with big chew gum and parachute pants. If you keep complaining, they might just not release it at all since the fanbase isn't even big enough for them to make their money back on maufacturing costs alone. Again, there isn't much interest in this boxset and there wasn't really much of a demand for it before they announced it. There would need to be an incentive for them to make sure it's definitive and quite frankly, the audience just isn't there. So I say to you if you don't get JGTH uncut, just smile and thank the Lord that you at least got to see the rated version in HD as WB has blessed us ALL with this release.

Ehh?? Everyone knows friday the 13th and jason voorhees? There's really nothing obscure about these movies

Old 06-25-2013, 06:44 PM   #1244
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoran View Post
Wbshop has ALWAYS put a hold on your method of payment. It will disappear in a few days. This is not an official charge just a "pending" hold to ensure funds are there to pay. Then the funds are released and you are officially charged when the item ships.
But be careful because even though it's just a "hold", if another charge goes through with the hold on, and you're account is low, it could overdraw your account. That's happened to me in the past with a hold I wasn't expecting.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #1245
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepred View Post
Just be happy it's getting a blu-ray release. We all are lucky that these even came out on DVD way back when. It's really too obscure of a franchise for them to spend all the money on a new 3-D transfer or worry about if JGTH is uncut or not. I don't know why everyone is rocking the boat when they are releasing this as a favor to us. They did not have to do this as there is no money to be made. How many people even know who Jason Voorhees is? Exactly - not very many. His name has died out along with big chew gum and parachute pants. If you keep complaining, they might just not release it at all since the fan base isn't even big enough for them to make their money back on manufacturing costs alone. Again, there isn't much interest in this box set and there wasn't really much of a demand for it before they announced it. There would need to be an incentive for them to make sure it's definitive and quite frankly, the audience just isn't there. So I say to you if you don't get JGTH uncut, just smile and thank the Lord that you at least got to see the rated version in HD as WB has blessed us ALL with this release.

Can I get a hallelujah up in here!

Well done.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #1246

Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny4 View Post
Ehh?? Everyone knows friday the 13th and jason voorhees? There's really nothing obscure about these movies
I don't know. I think we are pretty lucky.

Last edited by deepred; 06-25-2013 at 07:10 PM.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #1247
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny4 View Post

That's one. Let's see how many more we can get here.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:09 PM   #1248
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2013
Madison, WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar3o View Post
Actually, what you just said is the dumbest thing I've read all year. You need glasses to see it in 3D, Brainiac. That was my point.

And thanks for the insults people. Very mature thread we've got here. I wish the kids would go play so the grownups can talk.
BUT you don't NEED to watch Part 3 in 3D....the 2D is watchable. If you just have an IPOD with a way to listen to it, it's what...a paper weight?

You say stupid things, you should expect people to call you on it.

And PS...the 3D people are the ones that have ruined this thread. Like I said before, Warner is just releasing this as catalog films. They aren't going to pony up all this extra money for the 5-6 people that only want the 3D version. It's all about money.

And also like I said before, crying about it HERE is not going to get Warner to listen. Why don't you send some emails to their site or facebook page??

Old 06-25-2013, 07:09 PM   #1249
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2011
Crossville, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixen of the Night View Post
Actually the extended version of the remake is rated R! Warner re-submits all their 'extended/directors cut' versions now for a rating since they've stopped releasing unrated versions.

It will be a shame if JGTH is the R version only. However there is still one glimmer of hope. The ad sheet only lists the theatrical running times for all the films including the remake. But in the original announcement about the box set, it mentioned both versions of the remake being included. Of course it never mentioned anything about JGTH. But we'll see.

If it doesn't include the unrated JGTH, then is one major **** up on Warner's part.
The Friday remake that will be included is the same current disc that is already out only with new artwork on it, no reason to alter that. Freddy Vs. Jason will have its own disc but it is the 3 double feature discs that Warner Bros. were lazy with, they should have also put those 6 movies on separate discs to themselves.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #1250
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2013
Madison, WI

On a side note, when they did the big ELM STREET set last year, was FREDDY'S DEAD in 3D, and if not...was there 50 pages of crying for that too?? I haven't really jumped into that forum...if it's just page after page of crybabies, I'll avoid it!

Old 06-25-2013, 07:15 PM   #1251

Apr 2010

Quote:
On a side note, when they did the big ELM STREET set last year, was FREDDY'S DEAD in 3D, and if not...was there 50 pages of crying for that too?? I haven't really jumped into that forum...if it's just page after page of crybabies, I'll avoid it!
Last I checked, not many people even like Freddy's Dead and the 3-D for that was known to be horrible even in theatres. Nice comparison of apples to oranges.

Or maybe your logic is screw me once, screw me twice.

I can say judging by the HD transfers on netflix, that you all will be getting far nicer transfers for the Friday films than the Nightmare sequels got.

Last edited by deepred; 06-25-2013 at 07:17 PM.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #1252
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011

Quote:
BUT you don't NEED to watch Part 3 in 3D....the 2D is watchable. If you just have an IPOD with a way to listen to it, it's what...a paper weight?

You say stupid things, you should expect people to call you on it.

And PS...the 3D people are the ones that have ruined this thread. Like I said before, Warner is just releasing this as catalog films. They aren't going to pony up all this extra money for the 5-6 people that only want the 3D version. It's all about money.

And also like I said before, crying about it HERE is not going to get Warner to listen. Why don't you send some emails to their site or facebook page??
This thread has turned into a childish argument. I didn't say anything stupid at all - I said to watch part 3 in 3D requires glasses. If some people in this thread are lacking reading comprehension, that's not my problem.

And if I thought that Warner or Paramount actually gave a crap about their fans, I would email them. We all know how much they care about the fans here.

- multiple films on 1 disc
- no new extras
- no proper 3D version
- sleeves for the discs
- verdict is still out on part 9

But hey, we get a patch.

An no, it's not the 3D fans that are bringing down this thread. It's the whiners that don't like that we are talking about it that's bringing it down. 3D is a very valid discussion considering the circumstances.

Last edited by mar3o; 06-25-2013 at 07:23 PM.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:21 PM   #1253
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2007
Haddonfield, IL

I actually watched Part 3 last night on my LG passive set with the 3D upconversion on and it was pretty decent...and more watchable than the anaglithic version. I definitely noticed the depth, but I didn't get that pop-out effect.

I have seen quite a few 3D movies in theaters lately, and none of them have impressed me. However, I remember seeing My Bloody Valentine 3D in the theater and that was bar-none the best 3D experience I've ever had. There were thing popping out of the screen like crazy. The pick axe was right in front of my face.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #1254
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2009
Canada

Some people sound like they should be on suicide watch

Old 06-25-2013, 07:24 PM   #1255
Expert Member

Jan 2012
Washington
-
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
It's available in 3D on DVD in its original format (to my knowledge) - but only the final ten or so minutes are in 3D anyway (so the logistics are quite different) - and it's generally not considered to be good 3D. Compared to Friday the 13th Part 3 which is often praised as being one of the best 3D films of the 1980s.

There are so many factors that make Freddy's Dead in 3D a completely different subject that it's quite unreasonable to compare them in this regard.

Last edited by ashedmaniac; 06-25-2013 at 07:32 PM.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #1256
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus-Prime-Rox View Post
...but it is the 3 double feature discs that Warner Bros. were lazy with, they should have also put those 6 movies on separate discs to themselves.
As with the 3D, this is a cost issue. Warner probably saw no reason to waste the time on creating 2 separate BD25 for these six films, and just put them together on one BD50. 3 BD50s cost less than 6 BD25s, not by much but every penny counts when you've already laid out the money for access to Paramount's catalog.

They're not being lazy, it just an attempt to maximize their profits, which honestly could be tough with a set like this. (Hell, they probably are wasting at least $5-$10/unit on the stupid packaging, since it has to be a specific run. The tins aren't cheap to make.)

But, then again... Logic will probably be overlooked, since it seems many of today's consumers just feel "it should all be cheap, and done the way I want it."

fitprod

Old 06-25-2013, 07:26 PM   #1257
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011

Quote:
Yes, that film has been previously released with the 3D ending in anaglyph - which is exactly how it was filmed as released. It was one of the rare films that actually was released in anaglyph. So yeah, they got it just as it was originally released. It wouldn't make sense to release it any other way because it was filmed , released, and intended to be seen in anaglyph. I know this because I saw it in anaglyph in the theatre, and it's easy to do a search and see how it was released. It was also only the last few minutes of the film that was in 3D.

Friday fans, however, aren't getting it released properly - because Friday 3 was not filmed in anaglyph. Big difference there.

Last edited by mar3o; 06-25-2013 at 07:29 PM.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #1258

Jan 2008
NC

Look, we all have gripes whenever any catalog title comes out. Lord of the Rings extended edition was green, Star Wars scenes and sounds were changed, Equilibrium wrong OAR, some movie doesn't have a fricken slipcover or my steelbook doesn't have inside artwork. I could go on and on. Our wanting true 3D for a movie presented in 3D is just as important to us as those arguments are/were to others. I also want the best for this series. I love the Friday the 13th series. I have bought on VHS, Laserdisc, DVD, and Blu ray. I have the means to watch 3D movies and I want my Jason in full true 3D.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:32 PM   #1259
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008
US of A

No 3DBD = No sale for me
[Show spoiler]until a huge price drop.

I already own the Crystal Lake Memories book and I'm not a huge fan of the tin case. The "brand new, official Camp Crystal Lake embroidered Counselor Patch" looks very enticing though.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:35 PM   #1260
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by leem6453 View Post
I actually watched Part 3 last night on my LG passive set with the 3D upconversion on and it was pretty decent...and more watchable than the anaglithic version. I definitely noticed the depth, but I didn't get that pop-out effect.

I have seen quite a few 3D movies in theaters lately, and none of them have impressed me. However, I remember seeing My Bloody Valentine 3D in the theater and that was bar-none the best 3D experience I've ever had. There were thing popping out of the screen like crazy. The pick axe was right in front of my face.
The 3D upconversion your tv does isn't even anywhere close to even attempting to replicate the actual depth of the film in true 3D. I've played around with the conversion feature of my set too, but it's very disappointing, as expected.

I agree about My Bloody Valentine in 3D. I saw it in the theatres and it is still one of the better 3D films released so far since the new wave of 3D films hit Hollywood. In fact, I just ordered it from Amazon the other day. Be warned - it was originally released on blu-ray in green/purple anaglyph format, before they re-released it in the proper blu-ray 3D format. For those who order it, be sure to get the right 3D version. It's the one that doesn't come with glasses and has the blu-ray 3D logo.

See, some studios do learn - they originally released it in anaglyph and re-released it in full blu-ray 3D.

Closed Thread
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America