Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£30.65

The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£33.99

Black Adam 4K (Blu-ray)
£14.64
23 hrs ago
Play for Today: Volume Three (Blu-ray)
£24.99
19 hrs ago
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker 4K (Blu-ray)
£5.89

Shawscope Volume One (Blu-ray)
£66.99

Two Films by Lino Brocka (Blu-ray)
£14.99
21 hrs ago
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£42.49

Westworld: Season Four - The Choice (Blu-ray)
£14.99

Plunderer: Season One Part One (Blu-ray)
£14.99
8 hrs ago
Star Trek: Discovery: Season Four (Blu-ray)
£21.24

Fast & Furious: 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
£41.07

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 08-24-2018, 10:41 PM   #41

Dec 2017

Wonder if they'll finally include the complete version of Time Crash or if it'll be the incomplete one they've kept releasing with the series 4 specials.
Old 08-25-2018, 11:25 AM   #42

Apr 2012

'Time Crash' was incomplete on DVD? I know the UK Series Two discs all have an early edit of the 2005 CiN special with an unfinished sound mix, but this is the first I've heard of anything being wrong with TC.

Series Four was missing the online TC Confidential episode, so that would be a nice inclusion, and I expect it'll be an upscale and thus have better PQ than the SD encoding on the Series Four BD.
Old 08-26-2018, 07:35 AM   #43
Power Member

Jul 2010
Shangri-La

Philip Morris may have stuff, i dunno how much but you forget that he said that he i thinks blames himself for web part 3 getting stolen. he had told the wrong people about it and than it was gone when he went to go look.

he also admitted that in his words revealing those too soon hurt him some and he i think regrets doing that really only cause i think he thinks and he may be right i dunno but deals he was trying to do i think he said it hurt that. i could be wrong on what all he said but some i do recall. They are doing replacement discs by the way.

We will be offering replacements for the errors on Disc 3 (The Sontaran Experiment) and Disc 5 (Revenge of the Cybermen) in the Doctor Who The Collection Season 12 Blu-ray release.

In order to obtain a replacement, please email your name and address and proof of purchase to the appropriate DVD Support line in the form of a receipt from the retailer. If you do not have a receipt from the retailer, then please email a picture of the product with your full name and postal address in view in the picture. This is for fraud prevention reasons.

If you have the UK version, please email DVDSupport@bbc.com.
If you have the US version, Region A replacements, please email DVDSupport.NA@bbc.com directly.
If you have the Australian version and are based in Australia, please email ConsumerCare@roadshow.com.au directly.

The estimated time frame for the replacement to be available is 2-3 weeks.
Please allow some time for the replacement disc to reach you.
We have a high volume of emails and customers to deal with, please bear with us.

Replacement requests and proof of purchase emails should only be sent to these email addresses and not the DVD Enquiry line.

If you have sent your proof of purchase already we will not respond to your email unless there is an issue with your proof. Please await the replacements as outlined above.

Please be assured that we have logged every proof and will get around to replacing all customers discs.

Owing to an administrative issue, some customers erroneously did not receive the correct replacement of Revenge of the Cybermen; DVD Support have apologised for the error, and advise:
If you have received the incorrect Disc 5, we will re-send it when available please re-email the DVD Support line only once with your postal address only. You do not need to resend your proof of purchase.
Thanks given by:
Buddy Ackerman (08-26-2018), Walrus Gumboot (08-28-2018)
Old 08-26-2018, 07:36 AM   #44
Power Member

Jul 2010
Shangri-La

that's from a doctor who fan site i belong too i hope this helps you folks. i was just watching some of the extra's for Robot tonight in fact. and i love the behind the couch part. man Liz Sladen daughter is one hell of a looker guys, i had to think about who she was for a moment cause i hadn't seen what she looks like as an adult she looks pretty damn good just like her mom did in her day.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:11 PM   #45

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhoney66 View Post
Philip Morris may have stuff, i dunno how much but you forget that he said that he i thinks blames himself for web part 3 getting stolen. he had told the wrong people about it and than it was gone when he went to go look.

he also admitted that in his words revealing those too soon hurt him some and he i think regrets doing that really only cause i think he thinks and he may be right i dunno but deals he was trying to do i think he said it hurt that. i could be wrong on what all he said but some i do recall. They are doing replacement discs by the way.

We will be offering replacements for the errors on Disc 3 (The Sontaran Experiment) and Disc 5 (Revenge of the Cybermen) in the Doctor Who The Collection Season 12 Blu-ray release.

In order to obtain a replacement, please email your name and address and proof of purchase to the appropriate DVD Support line in the form of a receipt from the retailer. If you do not have a receipt from the retailer, then please email a picture of the product with your full name and postal address in view in the picture. This is for fraud prevention reasons.

If you have the UK version, please email DVDSupport@bbc.com.
If you have the US version, Region A replacements, please email DVDSupport.NA@bbc.com directly.
If you have the Australian version and are based in Australia, please email ConsumerCare@roadshow.com.au directly.

The estimated time frame for the replacement to be available is 2-3 weeks.
Please allow some time for the replacement disc to reach you.
We have a high volume of emails and customers to deal with, please bear with us.

Replacement requests and proof of purchase emails should only be sent to these email addresses and not the DVD Enquiry line.

If you have sent your proof of purchase already we will not respond to your email unless there is an issue with your proof. Please await the replacements as outlined above.

Please be assured that we have logged every proof and will get around to replacing all customers discs.

Owing to an administrative issue, some customers erroneously did not receive the correct replacement of Revenge of the Cybermen; DVD Support have apologised for the error, and advise:
If you have received the incorrect Disc 5, we will re-send it when available please re-email the DVD Support line only once with your postal address only. You do not need to resend your proof of purchase.
what's the problem with Sontaran and Revenge ? I watched them both and didn't notice anything.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:27 PM   #46
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottedfeather View Post
what's the problem with Sontaran and Revenge ? I watched them both and didn't notice anything.
Sontaran has some audio mixing issues; Revenge has missing (optional) CG effects and typos in the credits.

Personally, I hate the new CG effects, but it's worth getting the replacements to have the most "complete" version.
Old 08-31-2018, 05:24 PM   #47

Apr 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliconvoy View Post
Wonder if they'll finally include the complete version of Time Crash or if it'll be the incomplete one they've kept releasing with the series 4 specials.
I think you maybe confusing Time Crash with Music of the Spheres. Time Crash doesn't have any problems AFAIK, but Music of the Spheres is missing both opening and closing titles. A copy did appear on YT years ago although it was poor quality.
Old 08-31-2018, 09:18 PM   #48

Oct 2017
Arequipa, Perú

Wasn't Born Again (the Children in Need special that connects The Parting of the Ways and The Christmas Invasion together) the one that was incomplete?
Old 08-31-2018, 10:51 PM   #49
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
In a rubbish part of England
Send a message via MSN to Billz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter1998 View Post
Wasn't Born Again (the Children in Need special that connects The Parting of the Ways and The Christmas Invasion together) the one that was incomplete?
It was complete.
It just has the wrong audio on the home releases.

The BBC seems to deny all knowledge of the audio (the correct audio) from the TV transmission though.

Asked a few reps about it before, but I always given the same response.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:14 AM   #50
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
In a rubbish part of England
Send a message via MSN to Billz

Release date changed to November 26th, according to the update email from HMV.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:23 PM   #51

Dec 2017
Reading, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billz View Post
Hopefully it's not a repeat of the last season which had its date changed.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:49 AM   #52
Expert Member

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billz View Post
HMV still showing the 19th but ZOOM has the 26th November now.
Old 09-22-2018, 07:39 PM   #53

Jun 2018
Co.Cork, Ireland

Still in time for Christmas, so it's all good.
Old 09-23-2018, 06:35 AM   #54

Nov 2016
Time, And Relative Dimensions In Space
Question

Can anyone suggest a good place to preorder the Peter Davison UK LE set?

When I say "Good Place", I mean the CHEAPEST available, or are they all pretty much the same price right now at all the sites?

I found it on Zavvi for the preorder price of £39.99 - $52.00 to me as I live in the U.S.

I made a series of mistakes that lost me the opportunity to purchase the Tom Baker UK LE set, including delaying buying the Australian version off of Ebay that was still until recently available for less then $90 American Dollars. I was told I should take the chance, and wait, and see if the set comes up as a second printing rather than buy it for $90, and I suppose that information could still prove to be a reality, but I rather doubt there will ever be a second printing now (for reasons I won't go into). Still I listened to that advice, and regret it now, as the seller that was still selling them on Ebay, and shipping to the U.S. is now completely out of stock. Though I blame no one, but myself for delaying in buying it.

I digress...I won't make the same mistakes with the Peter Davison UK LE set, and will preorder it asap, but was looking for any deal that may be better than the one I saw on Zavvi.

DOC
Old 09-23-2018, 11:11 PM   #55
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-

First question - cheapest that ships to the US appears to be Amazon. Zavvi is the same price and the 10% Welcome Discount applies, but since they don't remove VAT and their shipping isn't any better than Amazon now, it's £40 shipped at Zavvi vs £36.50 at Amazon. Zoom/HMV etc don't ship to the US that I can tell. Amazon shipped is approx $48USD assuming the price doesn't drop anymore though 39.99 is the best price AmazonUK ever dropped. I can't remember if Zavvi ever dipped below that during preorder.

Don't give up yet on S12. The critical point is going to be within a couple weeks after the corrected discs are actually available and see if Steve Roberts gets any new information from BBC.

At worst there is [was] the one AUS site that appears to be selling/shipping for around $80USD shipped. EDIT: Apparently WhoCentral didn't have their own copies. I finally broke down and placed an order with them which initially went through, but Paypal sent me a notice a few hours later that I had been refunded and now the link appears dead so maybe they were drop shipping or hadn't updated their site in a few weeks.

Then there's always a surprise re-supply that can show up randomly

Last edited by hariseldon; 09-24-2018 at 01:29 AM.
Thanks given by:
The 4th Doctor (09-24-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 02:13 AM   #56

Nov 2014
New Yorker in Netherlands

I truly believe the UK Season 12 Blu-ray set will be back in print soon. Makes very little sense to create this new line, slowly roll them out, and not have them available. This might be tied to the defective discs and/or change of packaging. Is the U.S. release limited?
Thanks given by:
Old 09-24-2018, 03:38 AM   #57
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Fredericks View Post
Is the U.S. release limited?
It doesn't appear to be -- certainly not labelled that way.
Thanks given by:
Old 09-24-2018, 06:18 AM   #58

Nov 2016
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Fredericks View Post
I truly believe the UK Season 12 Blu-ray set will be back in print soon. Makes very little sense to create this new line, slowly roll them out, and not have them available. This might be tied to the defective discs and/or change of packaging. Is the U.S. release limited?

LOL I see the U.S. version most everywhere it seems...and these days at its lowest price! As most Whovians want the UK / Aussie LE Edition.

DOC
Old 09-24-2018, 06:20 AM   #59

Nov 2016
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
First question - cheapest that ships to the US appears to be Amazon. Zavvi is the same price and the 10% Welcome Discount applies, but since they don't remove VAT and their shipping isn't any better than Amazon now, it's £40 shipped at Zavvi vs £36.50 at Amazon. Zoom/HMV etc don't ship to the US that I can tell. Amazon shipped is approx $48USD assuming the price doesn't drop anymore though 39.99 is the best price AmazonUK ever dropped. I can't remember if Zavvi ever dipped below that during preorder.

Don't give up yet on S12. The critical point is going to be within a couple weeks after the corrected discs are actually available and see if Steve Roberts gets any new information from BBC.

At worst there is [was] the one AUS site that appears to be selling/shipping for around $80USD shipped. EDIT: Apparently WhoCentral didn't have their own copies. I finally broke down and placed an order with them which initially went through, but Paypal sent me a notice a few hours later that I had been refunded and now the link appears dead so maybe they were drop shipping or hadn't updated their site in a few weeks.

Then there's always a surprise re-supply that can show up randomly

Thank You for that additional info.
Old 09-24-2018, 06:41 AM   #60

Nov 2016
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post

Are you sure it's $48USD?

I just checked the price conversion to American Dollars, and it's currently $52.

Unless I was misunderstanding your meaning?

Also I wanted to find what the AmazonUK site is charging to ship to the U.S. but I couldn't find that info anywhere. I would've thought the International / U.S. Shipping Fees would've been easier to find.

I may just go with Zavvi as I've dealt with them before, and their Shipping, and other fees seem to be out in the open where you can find them. Amazon seems to hide some of that from view for whatever reason.

DOC
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland