Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Game of Thrones: The Complete Collector's Set (Blu-ray)
$249.95

American Horror Project Vol. 2 (Blu-ray)
$66.09
23 hrs ago
The Universal Horror Collection: Volume 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99
14 hrs ago
Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.42

Alien 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$17.99
16 hrs ago
Planet Earth (Blu-ray)
$9.99
11 hrs ago
Lost Highway (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Space: 1999: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$95.45

Titans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
17 hrs ago
Underworld: Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.96
6 hrs ago
Silent Hill (Blu-ray)
$19.99
17 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > Movies Anywhere

Old 04-19-2019, 04:37 PM   #8801
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2017
Cow Country

The only movie I have problems with on Itunes is The Wolverine. MA and Vudu have the regular and extended as two separate titles. Itunes has the extended as the theatrical with a different cover. Who knows.
Old 04-19-2019, 11:32 PM   #8802

Feb 2019
Puerto Rico

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_dave View Post
Iím going to be nice when saying this:

Leave the issue alone and Movies Anywhere will sort itself out on its own. I didnít contact MA for any issue besides missing Groundhog Day and asking for the unrated versions of Truth or Dare & Breaking In so theyíll be in iTunes. Iíve had no issues with other films. If they disappear, they come back.

Now if it has been two days or more then panic. But if its less than 24 hours, let it be. Everyone should heed this advice.
Thatís why Iím asking; I donít know when they disappeared. But itís not like this is the first time itís happened. These 5 movies seem disappear and reappear every couple of months for me, and only in iTunes. Must be because they were disc-based redemptions . Time to play the waiting game and see when they come back.
Old 04-20-2019, 11:23 AM   #8803

Apr 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by raze464 View Post
Thatís why Iím asking; I donít know when they disappeared. But itís not like this is the first time itís happened. These 5 movies seem disappear and reappear every couple of months for me, and only in iTunes. Must be because they were disc-based redemptions . Time to play the waiting game and see when they come back.
Yes, disc-based redemptions are the ones this happens to. That's why it's happening in iTunes and not elsewhere. If you need to watch one, try Vudu or the MA app.
Old 04-20-2019, 11:22 PM   #8804

Jun 2011
West Des Moines, IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskersports View Post
The commentary feature on The Lego Movie 2 is locked out. The lock symbol is on that Extra. I e-mailed movies anywhere and "Thanks for reaching out to us about this! It does appear that the commentary for "The Lego Movie 2" is currently locked. I will inform our content team about this right now. Though I can't provide a time estimate at when it will resolved, please check back periodically."

You can play it through iTunes, though.
Now, the bonus features for Can You Ever Forgive Me? have been replaced with the bonus features for Vice. Sent an e-mail to MA and got the same template response as the above response for Lego 2. Same rep responded and everything.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:02 AM   #8805

Feb 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHurd View Post
If you redeem your codes in Vudu before Vudu has them in UHD, then you will be stuck with the HDX versions. It's best to redeem them in Movies Anywhere or wait until Vudu has them in UHD.
Just FYI, I just redeemed them on Vudu and they are in my MA transaction history in 4K! (Thatís what i wanted) obviously I cannot play them on Vudu in UHD, but civil war is already 4K HDR on MA.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:16 AM   #8806
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009
Virginia

I don’t buy digital movies, but I have a question. If I buy a movie thru the Microsoft store, do they give me a code to use in Moviesanywhere? Or does it go into my Microsoft account? The site mentions MA and different devices, but I wasn’t sure. Was wanting to buy a digital code as a gift for someone. Thanks for any info.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:24 AM   #8807

Dec 2018
Manchester, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgon View Post
I donít buy digital movies, but I have a question. If I buy a movie thru the Microsoft store, do they give me a code to use in Moviesanywhere? Or does it go into my Microsoft account? The site mentions MA and different devices, but I wasnít sure. Was wanting to buy a digital code as a gift for someone. Thanks for any info.
If you buy a digital movie on the MS store and it's a MA title, and if your MA and MS accounts are linked, the movie appears automatically in your MA account.

You're better off buying Digital Credit as a gift.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:36 AM   #8808
Special Member

May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsy456 View Post
Just FYI, I just redeemed them on Vudu and they are in my MA transaction history in 4K! (Thatís what i wanted) obviously I cannot play them on Vudu in UHD, but civil war is already 4K HDR on MA.
Vudu has them in 4K now, which is why they transferred to MA in 4K. Had Vudu not yet added the 4K versions, they would have only redeemed in HDX. I've had a few 4K codes redeem in HDX because I redeemed them in Vudu before they were available in 4K. Whenever you're not sure how a digital copy will redeem, it's best to look at 4ksheet.com before redeeming it.
Old 04-21-2019, 02:00 PM   #8809
Special Member

Feb 2011

Is it possible for MA to have a different version of a film compared to iTunes/Google?

I was watching Guardians of the Galaxy on MA last night and noticed that every time there was a scene change it would bring up a closed caption indicating where they were (Knowhere as an example), but if I view said same scene on iTunes/Google the same scene change would come up within the film itself (like it would on the disc)...
Old 04-21-2019, 04:13 PM   #8810
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2008
Durham, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHurd View Post
Vudu has them in 4K now, which is why they transferred to MA in 4K. Had Vudu not yet added the 4K versions, they would have only redeemed in HDX. I've had a few 4K codes redeem in HDX because I redeemed them in Vudu before they were available in 4K. Whenever you're not sure how a digital copy will redeem, it's best to look at 4ksheet.com before redeeming it.
Vudu is streaming The Winter Soldier and Civil War in 4K now?!
Old 04-21-2019, 07:41 PM   #8811
Special Member

May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman View Post
Vudu is streaming The Winter Soldier and Civil War in 4K now?!
I redeemed the codes from my 4K copies in Movies Anywhere yesterday, and they immediately upgraded in VUDU to UHD.
Thanks given by:
Jumpman (04-21-2019)
Old 04-24-2019, 01:33 PM   #8812
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2009

Looks like the phone app has changed a bit, looks like it's had an upgrade.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:17 PM   #8813
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2009
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Looks like the phone app has changed a bit, looks like it's had an upgrade.
Know it changed on the iPad, saw that yesterday. Explore - Daily Deals is nice, but the ones I've checked into are iTunes. Hopefully we'll see Amazon deals as well, if they happen.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > Movies Anywhere