Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The LEGO Movie 2 Videogame (Switch)
$27.99

Just Dance 2019 (Switch)
$19.99

LEGO DC Super-Villains (Switch)
$29.49
6 hrs ago
Monster Energy Supercross 2 (Switch)
$44.99

Paw Patrol On A Roll! (Switch)
$35.00

Hello Neighbor: Hide & Seek (Switch)
$29.75
6 hrs ago
Runbow (Switch)
$19.19

The LEGO NINJAGO Movie Videogame (Switch)
$22.50
8 hrs ago
NBA 2K18 (Switch)
$12.06

Snk Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy (Switch)
$21.43
10 hrs ago
LEGO Worlds (Switch)
$21.50
9 hrs ago
Gear Club Unlimited 2 (Switch)
$32.16

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 02-15-2019, 08:41 PM   #8221

Aug 2014
Orlando

lmao fates is great
Old 02-15-2019, 10:25 PM   #8222
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

The Direct was pretty good. From what we saw, the following are must-plays or high priority for me.

Super Mario Maker 2 - Never played the original or the 3DS version (never had a Wii U and sold off my 3DS long ago), but one that I've always been interested in trying out. It was a great surprise announcement. I mean, we knew it was coming, but I didn't expect it so soon.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - So I never played a proper Fire Emblem game, and was never really interested in the series for the longest time. But I played Fire Emblem Heroes for a bit when it came out for mobile (I deleted it after a month since I didn't want to become a slave to it, lol), and have been interested in trying out a proper game ever since. Since the Switch is the only console I own now, I've been looking forward to this new entry, and while the whole school setting threw me off a bit, it still looks interesting to me.

Dragon Quest XI S - I've always loved the Dragon Quest series, so I'm really excited to play this. It's been a longer wait than I expected given that the original will have been out for two years (in Japan) by the time this is released, but I've had more than enough games to play in the meantime, so whatever.

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Personally, I love the look of the game. Breath of the Wild was essentially my first Zelda game and got me interested in the series. While I know this is an entirely different type of game, it looks like the type of thing I'd be into. Considering it's a remake of a GB game though, I agree about the price point. But being full price probably won't sway me from getting it.

And as a side note, y'all are insane. Animal Crossing is amazing. It's the #1 game I'm looking forward to this year, and I don't care who knows it!
Thanks given by:
BlueberryWaffles (02-19-2019), Daveismyhero (02-18-2019)
Old 02-15-2019, 10:27 PM   #8223
Banned

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticmoon View Post
And as a side note, y'all are insane. Animal Crossing is amazing. It's the #1 game I'm looking forward to this year, and I don't care who knows it!
I agree with this statement.
Thanks given by:
BlueberryWaffles (02-19-2019), Daveismyhero (02-18-2019), drdare (02-20-2019), professorwho (02-15-2019)
Old 02-16-2019, 01:48 AM   #8224
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-

Things I will definitely be buying at launch:
  • Link's Awakening
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Things I will definitely be buying but may possibly wait for a sale:
  • Mario Maker 2
  • Yoshi's Crafted World
  • Ultimate Alliance 3
  • Final Fantasy IX

Things I will be keeping my eye on for potential buy:
  • Astral Chain
  • Oninaki

For the other games we already know are coming:

Pokemon I need to see first, I haven't cared for the new creatures since Gen 4 ended. I would buy a fully 3D Gen II and Gen IV remake day one if they release them.

Luigi's Mansion I am interested in but need to see more.

No Bayonetta, Animal Crossing or Metroid for me; for Metroid it is mostly because I hate first person games.
Old 02-16-2019, 02:23 AM   #8225
Banned

Oct 2012
New York

^ From that list, the only ones I have pre-ordered are:

Link's Awakening
Mario Maker 2
Yoshi's Crafted World

And also Animal Crossing and Luigi’s Mansion 3.
Old 02-16-2019, 02:47 AM   #8226
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-

Anything that goes up for pre-order later that I am interested in I may put one in and decide by release if I will keep since my GCU expires mid-June.

I have 2 days of membership after E3, so they need to get anything big announced up quick
Old 02-16-2019, 03:04 AM   #8227
Banned

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
Anything that goes up for pre-order later that I am interested in I may put one in and decide by release if I will keep since my GCU expires mid-June.

I have 2 days of membership after E3, so they need to get anything big announced up quick
Yep, I’m just waiting for things to go up so I can pre-order before my GCU expires.

I won’t be buying as many games when it does.
Old 02-16-2019, 03:20 AM   #8228
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-

Still bummed that they canceled the program a few days or so before I went to extend
Old 02-17-2019, 02:30 PM   #8229
Banned

Oct 2012
New York

Everyone I asked told me the DS version was better, and I found a still sealed copy on Amazon for a reasonable price. So I bought both the DS and Switch versions of The World Ends With You. They just arrived.

Old 02-17-2019, 04:36 PM   #8230
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2013
Gotham City

I got preordered:

Yoshi
Links Awakening
Luigi’s Mansion3
Old 02-18-2019, 12:25 AM   #8231
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada

How do you guys find the wear and tear of the joy con thumbsticks? Did you put thumb grips on them?
Old 02-19-2019, 01:37 AM   #8232
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2011

Rumors going around that the cancelled game Nintendo is reviving is Scalebound.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:25 PM   #8233
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2011

Shovel Knight and it's Amiibo are now backed up several more months. I think I've had the Amiibo 3-pack on order now for 2 years.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...several-months

Quote:
Shovel Knight's final Treasure Trove update and its accompanying amiibo will now launch "several months" after its previous 9th April release date.

The game was also due to launch complete with the update in new physical editions - these have also been delayed.
Quote:
In a blog post on the holdup, developer Yacht Club Games reassured fans it was "not a major delay" but would also not set a new date until everything was lined up and ready to go.
Sucks but YCG's really is an amazing story all around. They will have finally finished what they set out to do.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:11 PM   #8234
Banned

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Shovel Knight and it's Amiibo are now backed up several more months. I think I've had the Amiibo 3-pack on order now for 2 years.

Sucks but YCG's really is an amazing story all around. They will have finally finished what they set out to do.
I was going to wait until closer to April, but since it will be "several more months" I pre-ordered it now to lock in the GCU discount before it expires in June.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:49 PM   #8235
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Curry View Post
How do you guys find the wear and tear of the joy con thumbsticks? Did you put thumb grips on them?
I got my hands on this in store finally a few weeks back. My pinky finger covers up all 4 face buttons. The sticks felt a little cheap & small too. I want a Switch for the handheld mode. This feels toooooo small. Everything feels like it’s for 9 year olds. Shame, cuz I like a lot of games on Nintendo but don’t wanna buy this for a tv setup.
Thanks given by:
Blu-Curry (02-20-2019)
Old 02-19-2019, 05:30 PM   #8236

Feb 2016

So I'm thinking about getting the Switch soon, but I'd like to ask some questions before I do so. I plan to have the Switch stay in a charging dock the whole time and I'd like to get a couple of pro controllers and another joy con controller so my girlfriend can play games with me. And for the Switch I am also looking for a dockable protector case and tempered glass screen protector. Anything you'd all recommend? Also, I plan on getting Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and I am also trying to figure out how to protect/store the Switch wheel controllers.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:15 PM   #8237
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by samadams12pack View Post
So I'm thinking about getting the Switch soon, but I'd like to ask some questions before I do so. I plan to have the Switch stay in a charging dock the whole time and I'd like to get a couple of pro controllers and another joy con controller so my girlfriend can play games with me. And for the Switch I am also looking for a dockable protector case and tempered glass screen protector. Anything you'd all recommend? Also, I plan on getting Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and I am also trying to figure out how to protect/store the Switch wheel controllers.
Mine has left my dock a handful of times and the only thing I bought was a dock "sock" on etsy. It slips over the front part and has microfiber on its back that touches the screen. Cost less than $10. It's red and has a Mario symbol so it looks like his hat.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ActivePatch

I also got a tempered glass screen cover but have yet to put it on. I always figure I'll get bubbles or dust and that would bug me.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:13 AM   #8238
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada 🍁

Quote:
Rumors going around that the cancelled game Nintendo is reviving is Scalebound.
Was one of the only non-Forza games I was looking forward to on Xbox so would be nice to see it revived. But with all the performance issues it was having on stronger hardware it is hard to imagine a smooth Switch version.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:10 PM   #8239
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

I cannot for the life of me get any higher than 5th

Old 02-20-2019, 02:21 PM   #8240

Aug 2014
Orlando

Quote:

ah, i'm just glad they can take as long as they need, no reason to rush.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Tags
nintendo, switch™