Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$41.24

Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.96
20 hrs ago
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99
2 hrs ago
Godzilla vs. Kong 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99

The Groove Tube (Blu-ray)
$14.99
2 hrs ago
Drive (Blu-ray)
$31.99
10 hrs ago
Dragonheart: 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Saving Silverman (Blu-ray)
$13.29

The Father (Blu-ray)
$21.99

Godzilla vs. Kong (Blu-ray)
$34.99
1 day ago
Infinite Dendrogram: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$65.37
15 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 12-09-2019, 02:57 PM   #1
Power Member

Jul 2011
Default Where To Land -- Hal Hartley Kickstarter

Quote:
Joseph Fulton, a well-regarded fifty-eight year-old director of romantic comedies, wants to become assistant groundskeeper at a local cemetery. He wants to work outdoors and be close to nature. Meanwhile, he thinks it’s important to have his last will and testament drawn up. But his highly dramatic actress girlfriend thinks he must be dying and that he is just too brave to tell anyone. The rumor spreads and soon everyone he knows—and some he doesn’t—are crowded in to his small apartment to say their last farewells.

During my Kickstarter campaign for the Henry Fool Trilogy in 2017 I suggested I would also include in that boxed-set edition a documentary film reflecting on my life and career. This was to be called, Where To Land.

But I could not do it. I am not a gifted documentary filmmaker and I'm not crazy about writing my autobiography either.

However, I am not bad at making up stories! So I started making up a story about a guy, kind of like me, and what he thinks about. Specifically—what he thinks he should do with the rest of his life.

I'm sixty-years-old now and have been making films professionally for thirty of those years. I do sometimes wonder if I want to continue—even though I know it’s the only thing I can do halfway well. But might there not be other ways of engaging with the world and continuing to learn—even new ways of supporting myself? The unbelievable truth of it all is: one keeps changing. I'm asking myself the same questions I asked at twenty: What do I want to be? How do I want to achieve that? When—if ever—will I know I've arrived? Where will I land?

As I thought about these things, the story became a series of portraits of the different people our hero, Joseph Fulton, knows and loves: his girlfriend, Muriel, who is a famous television actress eager for some deeper artistic commitment; his friend Eric who is an aging rocker concerned with putting his daughter through graduate school; his college age niece, Veronica; his ex-wife, Clara, who is still his best friend; his lawyer, Laura; his 100-year-old friend, the philosopher, Elizabeth; and others…

I think it’s the best thing I’ve written.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...where-to-land/
Old 02-14-2021, 07:39 AM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2007
Hawaii
-
-
-

Very disappointing, but Hal Hartley is refunding all of us who contributed to his kickstarter. Due to the pandemic, he does not see a definitive date when he can proceed with filming. These past months, he had been keeping us informed of scouting shooting locations, as well as sampling some original music for the film. He is offering some replacement products for those who would prefer that to a refund.

Sad, but sounds like he plans to proceed when things are back to "normal".
Thanks given by:
Aclea (02-14-2021), Stoicdelon (04-11-2021)
Old 04-11-2021, 04:56 PM   #3

Mar 2020
Stockholm, SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPlay View Post
Very disappointing, but Hal Hartley is refunding all of us who contributed to his kickstarter. Due to the pandemic, he does not see a definitive date when he can proceed with filming. These past months, he had been keeping us informed of scouting shooting locations, as well as sampling some original music for the film. He is offering some replacement products for those who would prefer that to a refund.

Sad, but sounds like he plans to proceed when things are back to "normal".
Extreme bummer. I was really looking forward to this as I just started watching Hartley's films about 6 months ago, and I'm all out of Hartleys to watch (not really, since they're so rewatchable). At least it gives me a chance to contribute to his next Kickstarter (hopefully). I pre-ordered the book "Where to Land and other screenplays" though.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies