Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
D-Day: Normandy 1944 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
 
The Vincent Price Collection (Blu-ray)
$43.99
 
My Hero Academia: Season Four: Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
 
Event Horizon (Blu-ray)
$27.96
 
Graveyards of Honor (Blu-ray)
$62.99
 
Whiplash 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
 
3 from Hell 4K (Blu-ray)
$11.99
 
Once Were Brothers: Robbie Robertson and The Band (Blu-ray)
$8.99
 
Western Stars (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Weathering with You (Blu-ray)
$22.99
 
Ultraman Ace (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
The Lighthouse (Blu-ray)
$10.00
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2020, 10:03 PM   #1
Mavrick Mavrick is offline
Gaming Moderator
 
Mavrick's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Wales
121
52
798
5
1
Default PS5 interface to be revealed soon, 100% overhaul over PS4

Matt MacLaurin the VP of UX Design at PlayStation has been replying to people on LinkedIn giving further details about the PS5











https://www.resetera.com/threads/ps5...econds.227455/
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 10:11 PM   #2
TecmoZack TecmoZack is offline
Active Member
 
TecmoZack's Avatar
 
Apr 2019
Texas
39
178
12
Send a message via Yahoo to TecmoZack
Default

Very cool.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 10:24 PM   #3
NARMAK NARMAK is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
NARMAK's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
United Kingdom
137
18
Default

On the one hand, i admire the enthusiasm. On the other i'm skeptical if we end up staggering around to figure the new UI out compared to the simplified UI from the XMB we've basically had 10+ years to get used to. I'll wait and see. The PS Button prompt during the PS5 event was probably the very first look at it but it had the PS3 & PS4 esque dust particle effect.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 10:27 PM   #4
Mavrick Mavrick is offline
Gaming Moderator
 
Mavrick's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Wales
121
52
798
5
1
Default

Total opposite approach to MS who have said the UI on XSX is identical to the current UI, no changes just carrying over.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 11:48 PM   #5
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
3
125
Default

I personally am not a fan of the horizontal list of games on the PS4's main selection menu. It's slow, clumsy and a pain trying to find one game of over a hundred in a horizontal list. I flick over to the library and try to find it that was faster. So I welcome this new interface they're hinting at, if it's better than the PS4's and the PS3's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 01:12 AM   #6
Derb Derb is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
45
3276
4
3
7
1
2
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
I personally am not a fan of the horizontal list of games on the PS4's main selection menu. It's slow, clumsy and a pain trying to find one game of over a hundred in a horizontal list. I flick over to the library and try to find it that was faster. So I welcome this new interface they're hinting at, if it's better than the PS4's and the PS3's.
I cap my list at 15 tiles. Even with SSD installed itís not lighting quick but I have had few issues with it.

Am curious to see what the UI team has in store for us. Will they part ways entirely away from XMB style?

If the final UI is clean & fast, I donít mind a switch up as long as they keep it simple. People like simple.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ratandjmt (06-15-2020)
Old 06-15-2020, 04:03 AM   #7
Talal86 Talal86 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Talal86's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
72
219
3
71
Default

The ps4 has the best console UI so far, if it's ainít broke..
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 03:17 PM   #8
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
3
125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
I cap my list at 15 tiles. Even with SSD installed it’s not lighting quick but I have had few issues with it.

Am curious to see what the UI team has in store for us. Will they part ways entirely away from XMB style?

If the final UI is clean & fast, I don’t mind a switch up as long as they keep it simple. People like simple.
15 games total on a rotation basis? Do you have the older, other digital games saved for a quick re-installation, or do they need to be redownloaded digitally online?

15 would be a lot easier to find quickly in that horizontal list, but I like the ability to quickly start a game I haven't played in awhile, having many on disc.

One thing I wish, is for a favorite list of games to have as the main list, and then everything else could be in a separate list. I hope Sony offers that option. Like being able to create your own games list folders to sort through on PS5.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 03:22 PM   #9
Steelmaker Steelmaker is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Steelmaker's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN
1
1
Default

100% overhaul? This makes me very nervous! I love the XMB! It didn't need to be overhauled completely! Just tweaked.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 03:31 PM   #10
Mavrick Mavrick is offline
Gaming Moderator
 
Mavrick's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Wales
121
52
798
5
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
15 games total on a rotation basis? Do you have the older, other digital games saved for a quick re-installation, or do they need to be redownloaded digitally online?

15 would be a lot easier to find quickly in that horizontal list, but I like the ability to quickly start a game I haven't played in awhile, having many on disc.

One thing I wish, is for a favorite list of games to have as the main list, and then everything else could be in a separate list. I hope Sony offers that option. Like being able to create your own games list folders to sort through on PS5.
I think Derb means on the PS4 menu you can cap the horizontal list at 15 and then open the library to see ALL games.

You can also create custom folders so you can make your own Favourites folder and place any games you want in it if that helps.

To be honest I have never bothered with the folders option although I know it was a greatly requested feature for a long time so it was a welcome addition.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Derb (06-15-2020), Zivouhr (06-15-2020)
Old 06-15-2020, 03:31 PM   #11
Blu Lemmy Blu Lemmy is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Blu Lemmy's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
On my sofa
17
740
58
8
2
Default

I'm all for new and fresh. Make me feel like I'm playing on a new console even whilst on the dash
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ratandjmt (06-16-2020)
Old 06-15-2020, 05:55 PM   #12
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
3
125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
I think Derb means on the PS4 menu you can cap the horizontal list at 15 and then open the library to see ALL games.

You can also create custom folders so you can make your own Favourites folder and place any games you want in it if that helps.

To be honest I have never bothered with the folders option although I know it was a greatly requested feature for a long time so it was a welcome addition.
That's an option now? I totally overlooked the updated features, but thank you, Mavrick. That's great to hear. I'll try it now on PS4. Cool!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Mavrick (06-15-2020)
Old 06-15-2020, 05:58 PM   #13
Mavrick Mavrick is offline
Gaming Moderator
 
Mavrick's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Wales
121
52
798
5
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
That's an option now? I totally overlooked the updated features, but thank you, Mavrick. That's great to hear. I'll try it now on PS4. Cool!
Here's a handy guide

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming...-game-library/
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Omegaice (06-15-2020), Zivouhr (06-16-2020)
Old 06-16-2020, 12:49 AM   #14
ratandjmt ratandjmt is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
ratandjmt's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
San Antonio, TX
80
601
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Lemmy View Post
I'm all for new and fresh. Make me feel like I'm playing on a new console even whilst on the dash
I feel the same. Mix it up with the new system.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 01:42 AM   #15
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
3
125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
That folder option is great. Wish I discovered that awhile ago. Very helpful! Thanks again, Mavrick. And thanks also to Derb for inspiring my request about folders. Awesome!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Derb (06-16-2020)
Old 06-16-2020, 06:37 AM   #16
kristoffer kristoffer is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
kristoffer's Avatar
 
May 2010
Denmark
Default

I just hope they include playtime for each title this time.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (06-16-2020)
Old 06-16-2020, 10:21 PM   #17
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
3
125
Default

That would be cool to know how long a game has been played, yes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 11:36 PM   #18
Mont Mont is offline
Junior Member
 
Mont's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Default

I wonder how they might leverage the PS5 capabilities into the UI. You could possibly move the cursor over a game selection. This triggers a "wheel" of icons: title screen, one player, MP, favorites, or saved games for examples. Making your choice pops you straight into your content directly from the interface.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 12:26 AM   #19
Hayabusa85 Hayabusa85 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Hayabusa85's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Canada 🍁
853
140
5836
1799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Total opposite approach to MS who have said the UI on XSX is identical to the current UI, no changes just carrying over.
Microsoft don't want console generations and Sony still do so not surprising that Sony would put effort into making something feel like a new console instead of the same old thing. Which is unfortunate because the one that needs the overhaul more won't get it. Have hated their UI's ever since they updated the 360 UI and got rid of the blades which were perfect short of the ads.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:16 AM.