Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
D-Day: Normandy 1944 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

The Vincent Price Collection (Blu-ray)
$43.99

My Hero Academia: Season Four: Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$44.99

Event Horizon (Blu-ray)
$27.96

Graveyards of Honor (Blu-ray)
$62.99

Whiplash 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99

3 from Hell 4K (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Once Were Brothers: Robbie Robertson and The Band (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Western Stars (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Weathering with You (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Ultraman Ace (Blu-ray)
$17.99

The Lighthouse (Blu-ray)
$10.00

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5

Old 06-17-2020, 11:23 PM   #21
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Simple

They are not trying to sell or market PS4 in PS5’s launch window. They want the focus to be around their next-gen console, & their next-gen only games.

You can disagree with that strategy, but that’s the path they’ve decided to go with.
I get that Derb but there's a difference between not emphasizing a certain feature in order to focus on other aspects of the console and purposely making the messaging convoluted and confusing to your userbase. Cerny could've simply said in his keynote "When you upgrade to PS5, your entire PS4 library comes with you" and then Sony could've not said another single word about it. I think everyone would've been perfectly happy with that, it would've avoided all the confusion, and no one would be complaining.
Thanks given by:
Derb (06-18-2020)
Old 06-17-2020, 11:29 PM   #22

Nov 2014

I also think MS has a more compelling reason than Sony. MS needs more content/compatibility because they were bleeding customers, Sony is basically on top of the world so most of their audience probably doesn't care. I'm just glad PS4/Pro compatibility is included as a capability of the GPU instead of a chip so they can just yank the chip down the road to save a buck, but I do wish they would just come out and say exactly what that capability will deliver.

If they can't deliver 100% 4/Pro BC, will they keep trying until they do? What if none of my PSVR games are in the top 100, does that mean they won't work or they just won't be "optimized?" I'm way more interested in their strategy than I am in the price, I have an awesome savings plan called "not having kids" so I don't really care what they charge as long as it has the games I want to play.
Old 06-17-2020, 11:48 PM   #23
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyadol View Post
I also think MS has a more compelling reason than Sony. MS needs more content/compatibility because they were bleeding customers, Sony is basically on top of the world so most of their audience probably doesn't care. I'm just glad PS4/Pro compatibility is included as a capability of the GPU instead of a chip so they can just yank the chip down the road to save a buck, but I do wish they would just come out and say exactly what that capability will deliver.

If they can't deliver 100% 4/Pro BC, will they keep trying until they do? What if none of my PSVR games are in the top 100, does that mean they won't work or they just won't be "optimized?" I'm way more interested in their strategy than I am in the price, I have an awesome savings plan called "not having kids" so I don't really care what they charge as long as it has the games I want to play.
As long as it's BC for the games that matter. I don't think too many will cry if Tembo The Badass Elephant doesn't run right on PS5.
Thanks given by:
heyadol (06-18-2020)
Old 06-18-2020, 03:25 AM   #24
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
I get that Derb but there's a difference between not emphasizing a certain feature in order to focus on other aspects of the console and purposely making the messaging convoluted and confusing to your userbase. Cerny could've simply said in his keynote "When you upgrade to PS5, your entire PS4 library comes with you" and then Sony could've not said another single word about it. I think everyone would've been perfectly happy with that, it would've avoided all the confusion, and no one would be complaining.
I 100% agree.

Itís not Sonyís style.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5