Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Borderlands Legendary Collection (Switch)
$39.99
3 hrs ago
The Outer Worlds (Switch)
$45.99
56 min ago
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (Switch)
$49.94

Overpass (Switch)
$39.99
1 hr ago
Gods & Monsters (Switch)
$49.94

LEGO DC Super-Villains (Switch)
$19.99

Monster Jam Steel Titans (Switch)
$33.88

Lego Jurassic World (Switch)
$18.39

Moving Out (Switch)
$33.07

Deadly Premonition Origins (Switch)
$42.90

LEGO City Undercover (Switch)
$19.99

Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing In Disguise (Switch)
$49.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 06-18-2020, 12:34 PM   #21
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
There’s so many people on here with "steel" in their name that I confuse them all. Are you the one that called Animal Crossing a "baby" game or was that someone else?
It's not a baby game in terms of the actual gameplay loop but it's definitely packaged as one. You have to admit, the graphical presentation of Animal Crossing is very akin to something that Fisher Price would come up with. Mario is one thing, but Animal Crossing is VERY "toddler-esque" visually. It's like Tele-Tubbies the videogame. I just cannot get past that along with the annoyingly inaudible mumbling the characters do. Plus farm sims are just about at the top of the list of game genres I don't like. They could've easily titled that game "Annoy Steelmaker: The Videogame."

Anyway, back on topic. I enjoyed Snap well enough when I was young. But in 2020 I just don't see what there is to be excited for with this game outside of pure, unadulterated nostalgia. The game play loop of finding Pokémon in the wild and snapping pictures of them, how do you find that even remotely appealing as a grown person? How do you find that even mildly amusing?

I haven't played my Switch since Luigi's Mansion came out last year, outside of a few rounds of Tetris 99. If Nintendo doesn't hurry up and show me SOMETHING that appeals to me I'm selling the damn thing. I'm tired of waiting.

Last edited by Steelmaker; 06-18-2020 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-19-2020, 12:39 AM   #22
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
It's not a baby game in terms of the actual gameplay loop but it's definitely packaged as one. You have to admit, the graphical presentation of Animal Crossing is very akin to something that Fisher Price would come up with. Mario is one thing, but Animal Crossing is VERY "toddler-esque" visually. It's like Tele-Tubbies the videogame. I just cannot get past that along with the annoyingly inaudible mumbling the characters do. Plus farm sims are just about at the top of the list of game genres I don't like. They could've easily titled that game "Annoy Steelmaker: The Videogame."

Anyway, back on topic. I enjoyed Snap well enough when I was young. But in 2020 I just don't see what there is to be excited for with this game outside of pure, unadulterated nostalgia. The game play loop of finding Pokémon in the wild and snapping pictures of them, how do you find that even remotely appealing as a grown person? How do you find that even mildly amusing?

I haven't played my Switch since Luigi's Mansion came out last year, outside of a few rounds of Tetris 99. If Nintendo doesn't hurry up and show me SOMETHING that appeals to me I'm selling the damn thing. I'm tired of waiting.
Definitely don’t agree, I’ve been playing & loving my Switch ever since I first got it last summer. Animal Crossing may not be my type of game but I get why people like it. As for Pokémon Snap, I liked it as a kid & sometimes I want to play a game that doesn’t require too much & I think Pokémon Snap Switch will fill that good nicely.
Old 06-19-2020, 01:12 AM   #23
Special Member

Jan 2017
USA

The appeal is more than just taking pictures. It’s about the challenge of getting that “perfect” shot. Whether it’s to progress or just for fun. It’s about interacting with stuff to trigger other characters or actions to photograph.

The N64 game did a good job making it feel like a Pokémon safari/tour. The graphics were not super detailed but it was well constructed. This will obviously have more and the updated graphics add to the presentation.

As for the cute factor that’s up to the individual. I personally love it. I think a lot of people do. We naturally find cute or playful looking things appealing. It’s why many franchises have some element of cuteness. Pokémon clearly leans into it.

In the context of Animal Crossing I think it fits perfectly for that tone and type of game. Have not played the latest one though.
Old 06-19-2020, 02:34 AM   #24
Special Member

Aug 2017

Stuff I would like to see in this game

Shiny Pokémon that rarely appear on the tour get the perfect shot of one for a great prize

The ability to catch some of these Pokémon to transfer to the main games or get prize Pokémon as gifts for certain challenges

At least more than 20 levels with each level having many alternate routes

Multiplayer to score the highest count on your pictures

Camera upgrades different lenses and taking pictures with different filters like “get a black and white picture of gengar”
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch