Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The Flash, Season 5 (iTunes)
$9.99
 
Fox 4K HDR Drama Collection (iTunes)
$14.99
 
Life of Pi (iTunes)
$4.99
15 hrs ago
Parks and Recreation: The Complete Series (iTunes)
$24.99
 
Wonder Wheel (iTunes)
$4.99
15 hrs ago
Sony Pictures 4K HDR Drama Collection (iTunes)
$14.99
 
Twins (iTunes)
$4.99
15 hrs ago
What Dreams May Come (iTunes)
$4.99
15 hrs ago
EDtv (iTunes)
$4.99
15 hrs ago
National Lampoon's Animal House (iTunes)
$4.99
 
WB 4K HDR Drama Collection (iTunes)
$14.99
 
Dirty Harry Collection (iTunes)
$22.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2019, 10:58 AM   #421
ManOfTheForest ManOfTheForest is offline
Expert Member
 
May 2010
-
-
-
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsung122212 View Post
Worst case, Disney just tells Apple to remove all the current fox titles in 4k from the store and gives them new copies only in hd to sell. Similarly to what they did with Iron Man 2, Thor and Cap1 when paramount lost/sold rights of Marvel to Disney. They still remain, but wonít be searchable like other content removed from the store.
Do you mean they might leave 4K for people for people who have already purchased but not allow 4K in sales to continue?

Maybe Disney will see the light and bring 4K to their stuff on iTunes
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 02:11 PM   #422
unsung122212 unsung122212 is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Dec 2012
1034
106
2278
277
184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfTheForest View Post
Do you mean they might leave 4K for people for people who have already purchased but not allow 4K in sales to continue?

Maybe Disney will see the light and bring 4K to their stuff on iTunes
Thatís what I expect to happen if Disney wonít allow current Fox titles be as they are. Since Apple likes to tell people whenever something has a potential to leave their store that they should or should have downloaded the title, it would be against Appleís interest to not keep 4k since the Studios wonít allow 4k downloads on most digital retail outlets. They have specifically placed 4k banners on sales and promos, so it would be grounds for people to ask for refunds, on purchases when it was currently in 4k and not via free upgrade, if they were forced to remove them entirely by Disney, not just from new purchases.

Unfortunately, Disney thinks their content should be premium price, especially with 4k content. So, I donít think they will budge, especially with Foxís bigger titles now under their control.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 04:34 PM   #423
crackedknee crackedknee is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
crackedknee's Avatar
 
Nov 2014
685
210
149
1499
407
Default

I don't have iTunes, but someone on another site is reporting missing many titles in iTunes and several 4K. Is anyone else having this problem?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 06:33 PM   #424
-Gonzo- -Gonzo- is online now
Active Member
 
Apr 2017
267
64
357
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedknee View Post
I don't have iTunes, but someone on another site is reporting missing many titles in iTunes and several 4K. Is anyone else having this problem?
All fine with mine.
Without knowing much more about the particular titles involved like which titles, were they purchases, redeems, ports from MA etc and what this person has or hasn’t done it’s not so easy to offer advice on such things.
Do you have a link to where this discussion is?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 02:11 PM   #425
asosrocky asosrocky is offline
Junior Member
 
May 2017
46
6
Default

For those who are having the DV/HDR blue screen issues, my case has now been escalated to the engineering team.

Apparently it could be anything from days to weeks before I hear anything else, which doesn’t help really in the meantime. Still no real acknowledgement of the issue
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 06:25 PM   #426
ManOfTheForest ManOfTheForest is offline
Expert Member
 
May 2010
-
-
-
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asosrocky View Post
For those who are having the DV/HDR blue screen issues, my case has now been escalated to the engineering team.

Apparently it could be anything from days to weeks before I hear anything else, which doesnít help really in the meantime. Still no real acknowledgement of the issue
So Apple are dealing with as a problem for certain customers and not as a problem with iTunes as a whole?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 06:27 PM   #427
Bobcat2112 Bobcat2112 is offline
Junior Member
 
Mar 2019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asosrocky View Post
For those who are having the DV/HDR blue screen issues, my case has now been escalated to the engineering team.

Apparently it could be anything from days to weeks before I hear anything else, which doesnít help really in the meantime. Still no real acknowledgement of the issue
Pretty much the same response I got this week too.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
asosrocky (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 06:42 PM   #428
asosrocky asosrocky is offline
Junior Member
 
May 2017
46
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfTheForest View Post
So Apple are dealing with as a problem for certain customers and not as a problem with iTunes as a whole?
Your guess is as good as mine to be honest man.

The cynic in me thinks that no one has actually watched the clips that I sent them. The first lines of their tech support is basically for the people that canít understand why their films have black bars on the picture; I think after I went into extreme detail about the issues they just bumped me to engineer as it isnít their ballpark.

I also donít think theyíll ever acknowledge the issue to be honest, at best we can hope for a fix in a future update (if itís hardware issue which Iím not convinced it is). Aside from the always on HDR issue that they acknowledged and fixed early in the Apple TVís life, they are usually slow to react to anything that isnít an immediate concern for them.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ManOfTheForest (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 06:48 PM   #429
Bobcat2112 Bobcat2112 is offline
Junior Member
 
Mar 2019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asosrocky View Post
Your guess is as good as mine to be honest man.

The cynic in me thinks that no one has actually watched the clips that I sent them. The first lines of their tech support is basically for the people that canít understand why their films have black bars on the picture; I think after I went into extreme detail about the issues they just bumped me to engineer as it isnít their ballpark.

I also donít think theyíll ever acknowledge the issue to be honest, at best we can hope for a fix in a future update (if itís hardware issue which Iím not convinced it is). Aside from the always on HDR issue that they acknowledged and fixed early in the Apple TVís life, they are usually slow to react to anything that isnít an immediate concern for them.
Lol this sounds identical to my experiences this week with them. They've tried to refund me for a movie that I don't even have a problem with!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
asosrocky (03-15-2019), ManOfTheForest (03-14-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 09:52 AM   #430
Rik1138 Rik1138 is offline
Expert Member
 
Aug 2008
LA, CA
267
163
41
525
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asosrocky View Post
Your guess is as good as mine to be honest man.

The cynic in me thinks that no one has actually watched the clips that I sent them. The first lines of their tech support is basically for the people that canít understand why their films have black bars on the picture; I think after I went into extreme detail about the issues they just bumped me to engineer as it isnít their ballpark.

I also donít think theyíll ever acknowledge the issue to be honest, at best we can hope for a fix in a future update (if itís hardware issue which Iím not convinced it is). Aside from the always on HDR issue that they acknowledged and fixed early in the Apple TVís life, they are usually slow to react to anything that isnít an immediate concern for them.
Can you provide the info I asked for in my previous post?
It would help to have specific details of when/where this happens, and the setup involved...
Post the video clip on YouTube or something so we can all see what it's doing.

If the problem can't actually be duplicated, they won't be able to help you... And so far I think I've counted 4 people that have experienced it? As it might be a very specific situation, the details might be important...
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ManOfTheForest (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 10:10 AM   #431
asosrocky asosrocky is offline
Junior Member
 
May 2017
46
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik1138 View Post
Can you provide the info I asked for in my previous post?
It would help to have specific details of when/where this happens, and the setup involved...
Post the video clip on YouTube or something so we can all see what it's doing.

If the problem can't actually be duplicated, they won't be able to help you... And so far I think I've counted 4 people that have experienced it? As it might be a very specific situation, the details might be important...
It’s easy to duplicate it, I’m 99.9% certain it affects everyone with a 4k HDR OR DV capable TV. One of the worst offenders is the first Mission Impossible film which I believe you said you have? On playing, the screen will display blue compression errors and then switch to a 4:3 cropped aspect ratio. I haven’t tried it in a few days but I assume this is still the case.

I think the reason that you don’t see more people reporting the error is that 1) the films are affected to different levels of severity and 2) not many people rewatch films, at least not in a reliatvely short time frame.

As an example On the new Crimes of Grindlewald, which is affected by the blue screen errors, the problem goes away after the introduction. The majority of people will happily watch the rest of the film and think nothing of it. It’s not until you run into this issue with some other films that you start to see the issues on a much broader scale. Same with the people that have watched the films months ago so report that they are fine, this is a very recent issue.

If you look at the iTunes reviews for Mortal Engines you’ll see others reporting the issue; there are also posts on reddit, A V forums and A V S forums. Unfortunately as I’ve said before, unless your actively aware of the issue it’s easy to dismiss it which is what seems to currently be the case
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Bobcat2112 (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 10:55 AM   #432
ManOfTheForest ManOfTheForest is offline
Expert Member
 
May 2010
-
-
-
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asosrocky View Post
It’s easy to duplicate it, I’m 99.9% certain it affects everyone with a 4k HDR OR DV capable TV. One of the worst offenders is the first Mission Impossible film which I believe you said you have? On playing, the screen will display blue compression errors and then switch to a 4:3 cropped aspect ratio. I haven’t tried it in a few days but I assume this is still the case.

I think the reason that you don’t see more people reporting the error is that 1) the films are affected to different levels of severity and 2) not many people rewatch films, at least not in a reliatvely short time frame.

As an example On the new Crimes of Grindlewald, which is affected by the blue screen errors, the problem goes away after the introduction. The majority of people will happily watch the rest of the film and think nothing of it. It’s not until you run into this issue with some other films that you start to see the issues on a much broader scale. Same with the people that have watched the films months ago so report that they are fine, this is a very recent issue.

If you look at the iTunes reviews for Mortal Engines you’ll see others reporting the issue; there are also posts on reddit, A V forums and A V S forums. Unfortunately as I’ve said before, unless your actively aware of the issue it’s easy to dismiss it which is what seems to currently be the case
Another reason is that only a small portion of customers actually report problems.

People have a tendency to assume someone else will report it or it will get fixed eventually.

Complaining about a technical problem in an iTunes review is pointless. Apple doesn't monitor those.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
asosrocky (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 09:57 PM   #433
ManOfTheForest ManOfTheForest is offline
Expert Member
 
May 2010
-
-
-
7
Default

Earlier this week I bought the digital code for the complete series of the The Night Of.

The first episode is not showing in my TV show iCloud library and when I look up the show on the store all episodes except the first are available to download and stream.

I had previously bought (or got for free - I don't remember) the first episode and I fairly certain I had it hidden in my purchases when I bought the series.

Anyone know why it might not be visible?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:25 PM   #434
-Gonzo- -Gonzo- is online now
Active Member
 
Apr 2017
267
64
357
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfTheForest View Post
Earlier this week I bought the digital code for the complete series of the The Night Of.

The first episode is not showing in my TV show iCloud library and when I look up the show on the store all episodes except the first are available to download and stream.

I had previously bought (or got for free - I don't remember) the first episode and I fairly certain I had it hidden in my purchases when I bought the series.

Anyone know why it might not be visible?
Are you sure it’s not still hidden, have you looked in Hidden Purchases to unhide it?

Last edited by -Gonzo-; 03-15-2019 at 10:34 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ManOfTheForest (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 10:53 PM   #435
ManOfTheForest ManOfTheForest is offline
Expert Member
 
May 2010
-
-
-
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gonzo- View Post
Are you sure itís not still hidden?
Okay this is odd.

I checked and it was not hidden so for want of something to do I hide the complete series. I looked it up in the hidden section and no episode one.

I unhid it and nothing seemed to happen to I checked my library. It was there so I looked in Hidden again and it still showed the thumbnail. I switched to episode view and it was the first episode

I checked other shows I know I marked for hiding and one of them doesn't show either.

Anyways thank you.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
-Gonzo- (03-15-2019)
Old 03-16-2019, 09:51 AM   #436
asosrocky asosrocky is offline
Junior Member
 
May 2017
46
6
Default

Received my reply from Apple support, in a nutshell says the Tech Support would like me to try the movies again.

Booted up Mission Impossible and it seems fine now? First time the HDR layer didnít stick so everything was blown out, a simple restart of the stream sorted this. Played the beginning a few times and it seems to me that itís fixed ...

There was no explanation in the Apple email, just if it happens again hereís a more direct phone number for tech support. I might reply and ask what the issue was but Iím sure Iíll never get a response.

But yeah, fingers crossed it looks to be sorted. Whether all the films affected are fixed I guess only time will tell.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Bobcat2112 (03-16-2019), ManOfTheForest (03-16-2019)
Old 03-16-2019, 11:42 AM   #437
ManOfTheForest ManOfTheForest is offline
Expert Member
 
May 2010
-
-
-
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asosrocky View Post
Received my reply from Apple support, in a nutshell says the Tech Support would like me to try the movies again.

Booted up Mission Impossible and it seems fine now? First time the HDR layer didnít stick so everything was blown out, a simple restart of the stream sorted this. Played the beginning a few times and it seems to me that itís fixed ...

There was no explanation in the Apple email, just if it happens again hereís a more direct phone number for tech support. I might reply and ask what the issue was but Iím sure Iíll never get a response.

But yeah, fingers crossed it looks to be sorted. Whether all the films affected are fixed I guess only time will tell.
Some of the tech people do like to explain if a customer is interested on the phone.

The people on the live chat are the ones that don't - I think they look uo the same help guides we can get on apple.com

I've never seen 4K in operation. What do you mean by "the HDR layer didnít stick so everything was blown out"?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 01:11 PM   #438
asosrocky asosrocky is offline
Junior Member
 
May 2017
46
6
Default

Very occasionally when loading a HDR stream the TV flicks to HDR mode but the stream appears to be an SDR stream. This means the contrast, brightness and colours are all wrong. Imagine you were to take your standard tv picture and increase the contrast and colour to 100 and itís kinda like that. Restarting the stream usually fixes it and to be honest itís only happened a handful of times.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ManOfTheForest (03-17-2019)
Old 03-16-2019, 03:03 PM   #439
twobelowpar twobelowpar is online now
Senior Member
 
twobelowpar's Avatar
 
Mar 2013
84
3
701
50
Default

Has anyone ever redeemed a code before the iTunes release date? I got a Bumblebee code and redeemed it and it is only showing in SD. The pre-order screen still shows $19.99 but I can watch it in SD. I’m quite worried it won’t correct itself on Tuesday (the actual iTunes release date)
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 03:36 PM   #440
-Gonzo- -Gonzo- is online now
Active Member
 
Apr 2017
267
64
357
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobelowpar View Post
Has anyone ever redeemed a code before the iTunes release date? I got a Bumblebee code and redeemed it and it is only showing in SD. The pre-order screen still shows $19.99 but I can watch it in SD. Iím quite worried it wonít correct itself on Tuesday (the actual iTunes release date)
Are you sure you didnít redeem an SD code?
What does it show it your purchase history under View Apple ID? If itís redeemed as the full HD/4K It should show film(HD) under the directors name.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:41 PM.