Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Jurassic Park 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.59
9 hrs ago
Jivaro 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.82

Fascination Coral Reef 3D: Mysterious Worlds Underwater (Blu-ray)
$9.49
5 hrs ago
Dr. Seuss' The Grinch 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.97

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.07

The Maze 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.72

Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.00

Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.14

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.07

Ice Age: Collision Course 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.69

Monster House 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.49

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 11-12-2018, 06:40 PM   #1
Special Member

Nov 2012
Kentwood, LA.
Paramount Wonder Park (2019) 3D

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...%3d2%26ghc%3d1

I sure hope they push the 3D cause this looks to have great potential for pop-outs!

Last edited by dartfrog298; 11-12-2018 at 08:52 PM.
Thanks given by:
Paul H (11-13-2018), robtadrian (11-13-2018), Zivouhr (02-28-2019)
Old 11-13-2018, 09:15 AM   #2

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartfrog298 View Post
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...%3d2%26ghc%3d1

I sure hope they push the 3D cause this looks to have great potential for pop-outs!
I sure hope you can speak Spanish, because my expectation is that if this gets a 3D Blu-ray release at all (it's being released by Paramount) it will be Spanish-only like Tad The Lost Explorer 2
Old 11-13-2018, 09:33 AM   #3

Sep 2017

Paramount=No Blu-ray 3D
Old 11-13-2018, 01:47 PM   #4
Special Member

Nov 2012
Kentwood, LA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sera_fin1985 View Post
Paramount=No Blu-ray 3D
Sad. As time goes on we're getting more screwed.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:29 AM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Omaha NE
-
-

After seeing the Super Bowl preview for this movie, it is looking a lot better than I originally though it would be. Hopefully this will get a 3D Blu-ray release somewhere.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (02-28-2019)
Old 02-05-2019, 02:06 AM   #6
Special Member

Jan 2010

I guess I just don’t understand why they’re still making movies in 3D if they’re not going to have them for purchase in the U.S.
Thanks given by:
8traxrule (02-05-2019)
Old 02-05-2019, 05:13 AM   #7

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
I sure hope you can speak Spanish, because my expectation is that if this gets a 3D Blu-ray release at all (it's being released by Paramount) it will be Spanish-only like Tad The Lost Explorer 2
I recently bought both Tad Jones 2 and Capture the Flag from spain and also got the german and uk discs of those movies so I can remux 3D with english audio. Will gadly do the same with Wonder Park to have the 3D with english audio.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:06 PM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2014
Southeast U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehill View Post
I guess I just don’t understand why they’re still making movies in 3D if they’re not going to have them for purchase in the U.S.
Paramount is starting to not have them for purchase ANYWHERE.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:28 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehill View Post
I truly do not understand this line of thought.

US BD 3D sales might add a few thousand dollars to their sales. Worldwide 3D sales maybe 3-5 times that. Even if the profit margin was anywhere close to 10% which I doubt, it's a drop in the bucket.

US theatrically 3D probably adds a few million dollars to their Box Office and possibly a few tens of millions worldwide.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:40 PM   #10
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

I saw the 3D trailer for the first time before yesterday's 'How to Train Your Dragon 3' and wow, even in only two and half minutes in length - I cannot wait to see the full movie - the 3D looks particularly strong.
Thanks given by:
dartfrog298 (02-27-2019), pickit60 (02-27-2019), stardragon9 (02-27-2019), Zivouhr (02-28-2019)
Old 02-28-2019, 04:21 AM   #11
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstar View Post
I saw the 3D trailer for the first time before yesterday's 'How to Train Your Dragon 3' and wow, even in only two and half minutes in length - I cannot wait to see the full movie - the 3D looks particularly strong.
Thanks Dubstar.
You just spiked my interest in seeing this. It already looked like potential fun with the whole theme park setting, but after you mentioned strong 3D, it's on my list for movies to see in 3D theaters. I also saw the trailer before HTTYD3 3D, but Cinemark only showed it in 2D disappointingly, only showing Secret Life of Pets 2's trailer in 3D.
Thanks given by:
dartfrog298 (02-28-2019), Dubstar (03-02-2019), Paul H (02-28-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 03:03 AM   #12

Feb 2019
Default Double darn!

So when I went to my local Cinemark to see "How to Train your Dragon 3 (3d)" and "Marvel" (3d).. they both showed the trailer for "Wonder Park (in you guessed it 3d) but as the movie premieres this weekend there is not one showing in 3d.

Sadly before I saw the 3d trailer I had no intention of seeing it but the 3d looked pretty good and I intended to take the four kids. Now I may sit on it until Bluray.

Sad dad.

UGH! even more maddening... there is just one showing near me (40 min away) in 3d at 11:50am Friday and then that is it! No more 3d viewings the whole weekend. One showing at a time when all my kids have school.

Last edited by sidds; 03-15-2019 at 03:11 AM.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (03-16-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 01:42 PM   #13
Power Member

Feb 2011
Southern NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidds View Post
So when I went to my local Cinemark to see "How to Train your Dragon 3 (3d)" and "Marvel" (3d).. they both showed the trailer for "Wonder Park (in you guessed it 3d) but as the movie premieres this weekend there is not one showing in 3d.

Sadly before I saw the 3d trailer I had no intention of seeing it but the 3d looked pretty good and I intended to take the four kids. Now I may sit on it until Bluray.

Sad dad.

UGH! even more maddening... there is just one showing near me (40 min away) in 3d at 11:50am Friday and then that is it! No more 3d viewings the whole weekend. One showing at a time when all my kids have school.
Not all houses in a theater can do 3D and I am sure they are dedicating them to mostly captain marvel and maybe HTTYD 3 I was already expecting this to be a hard find in 3D.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (03-16-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 03:09 PM   #14

Jan 2017

They are showing it in RealD 3D at several theaters here in the Houston area.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:59 PM   #15

Jul 2012

Regal Theatres aren't showing Wonder Park in 3-D at all. There are a few
3-D shows at AMC, Cinemark and Harkins theatres here in Colorado. I might
try to see it tonight.
With the issues Paramount had firing the director, I suspect they'll want
Wonder Park to quickly and quietly go away. See it while you can.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:21 PM   #16
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Mar 2009
Denver, CO

My AMC 2 minutes from me has 2 3D showtimes. But yeah no Regal theaters in Denver do.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:03 PM   #17
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

hmmm, where to start ... I thought the two aspects that impressed me the most was the overall animation design and animation itself, but as I expected the 3D is where visually really takes it over the finish line. There are countless scenes were the 3D adds a fantastic layering effect; a floating piece of paper is within arms length; when June finds the coaster car particles floating in the air seem to wander out and off of the screen; the Chimpanzombies cracking a glass floor and essentially destroying it and sending our title protagonists all over the place - I could on for another paragraph. For animation/3D fans this is just a visual treat - the story and script, eh ... it's pretty one-note, takes no risks, predictable and let's the visuals mask that fact.

It also didn't help that two under three year old children were screaming, running around entire the auditorium, I was able to zone them out, but come on (dear mothers: it's over 75 degrees outside, go find a playground, they had zero patience to be at the movies - end of quable).
Thanks given by:
br3ttD (03-16-2019), bud_brigman (03-16-2019), Chaotic (03-15-2019), dartfrog298 (03-16-2019), easyread (03-15-2019), EVERRET (03-16-2019), the13thman (03-16-2019), Zivouhr (03-16-2019)
Old 03-16-2019, 12:56 AM   #18
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidds View Post

Sad dad.

I hear what you're saying. All of my theater chains are only playing the 2D shows only. Not a single 3D show. Yeah, the theaters are going barebones on the 3D shows since mid 2018 lately. Apparently not as many people are supporting the 3D shows in theaters (as much as the theaters would like) if this is the new trend, as theaters are there to make money from tickets sold, and popcorn/soda/candy. But when I go to see the 3D films they show, the theaters are usually packed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLMN View Post
Not all houses in a theater can do 3D and I am sure they are dedicating them to mostly captain marvel and maybe HTTYD 3 I was already expecting this to be a hard find in 3D.
Good point and you're right, my theaters have all the 3D for Captain Marvel, which was worthwhile, but they should spare at least one 3D show for Wonder Park 3D. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oled3D>4kBD>2kBD View Post
They are showing it in RealD 3D at several theaters here in the Houston area.
That's good to hear some theaters have 3D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstar View Post
hmmm, where to start ... I thought the two aspects that impressed me the most was the overall animation design and animation itself, but as I expected the 3D is where visually really takes it over the finish line. There are countless scenes were the 3D adds a fantastic layering effect; a floating piece of paper is within arms length; when June finds the coaster car particles floating in the air seem to wander out and off of the screen; the Chimpanzombies cracking a glass floor and essentially destroying it and sending our title protagonists all over the place - I could on for another paragraph. For animation/3D fans this is just a visual treat - the story and script, eh ... it's pretty one-note, takes no risks, predictable and let's the visuals mask that fact.

It also didn't help that two under three year old children were screaming, running around entire the auditorium, I was able to zone them out, but come on (dear mothers: it's over 75 degrees outside, go find a playground, they had zero patience to be at the movies - end of quable).
Thanks for the 3D review Dubstar. The 3D sounds promising. Hopefully the movie is generally entertaining.

Sorry to hear about the kids screaming during the film. That is distracting, I agree. When I went to see Captain Marvel 3D last weekend, one kid was by the side wall steps, hitting the walkway lights to blot them out for probably the first 10 minutes of the film from my side view as the father sat there allowing it, while the movie played in 3D. The father could've said, Hey, the movie's starting! Take a seat.
Old 03-16-2019, 04:41 AM   #19
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
I hear what you're saying. All of my theater chains are only playing the 2D shows only. Not a single 3D show. Yeah, the theaters are going barebones on the 3D shows since mid 2018 lately. Apparently not as many people are supporting the 3D shows in theaters (as much as the theaters would like) if this is the new trend, as theaters are there to make money from tickets sold, and popcorn/soda/candy. But when I go to see the 3D films they show, the theaters are usually packed.

Good point and you're right, my theaters have all the 3D for Captain Marvel, which was worthwhile, but they should spare at least one 3D show for Wonder Park 3D. Oh well.

That's good to hear some theaters have 3D.

Thanks for the 3D review Dubstar. The 3D sounds promising. Hopefully the movie is generally entertaining.

Sorry to hear about the kids screaming during the film. That is distracting, I agree. When I went to see Captain Marvel 3D last weekend, one kid was by the side wall steps, hitting the walkway lights to blot them out for probably the first 10 minutes of the film from my side view as the father sat there allowing it, while the movie played in 3D. The father could've said, Hey, the movie's starting! Take a seat.
oh it's entertaining, but light on plot or the depth of say Pixar quality script writing - although the 'song' about Pi was pretty funny. Not only were these two kids at my screening screaming randomly at points during the movie but at one time one was jumping up and down on the recliner's arm but one also ran in between the row I happened to be sitting in, oh the evil thought of tripping the kid or hurling some of my popcorn at the tyke's head was tempting.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (03-16-2019)
Old 03-16-2019, 01:07 PM   #20

Jul 2017
central New Jersey

My local AMC has 4 3D showings a day for the first week. I'll be going to the first showing on Tuesday and hopefully all the kids will be in school and most adults will be at work. I'm hoping for some good on-ride coaster footage in 3D.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies