Best Xbox SX Games Deals

Best Xbox SX Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Outriders (Xbox XS)
$14.47

Judgment (Xbox XS)
$19.99

Aliens: Fireteam Elite (Xbox XS)
$19.99

NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$7.49

Scarlet Nexus (Xbox XS)
$21.83

The Falconeer - Day One Edition (Xbox XS)
$14.46

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (Xbox XS)
$19.88
1 day ago
Werewolf: The Apocalypse Earthblood (Xbox XS)
$19.99

Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance (Xbox XS)
$19.99

Watch Dogs: Legion (Xbox XS)
$38.41
23 hrs ago
Greedfall (Xbox XS)
$18.73

Halo Infinite (Xbox XS)
$43.49

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X

Old 01-07-2022, 10:10 AM   #161
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
alternates between Papua New Guinea and Pennsylvania

Seasonal Championship: Come Rain or Shine - RJ Anderson 886 084 648. This cross country series was fairly easy. Minimal rewinding and was able to place first in all three races.

Seasonal Championship - Grand Gesture - 2013 BMW M6 Coupe 132 111 950. Like the previous seasons, I found the street race to be the easiest of the three.

Seasonal Championship - A Mini Adventure - 2018 JCW Countryman All4 624 376 503. This dirt series was by far the hardest of the three seasonal. The first race was Montana Trail which was already one of my least favorites. On the city circuit, the weather was foggy. This naturally makes it even more difficult for the human players as they do not have the entire course programmed into their memory unlike the drivatars.

Trial - Winner Winner - 1969 Ferrari Dino 152 402 933. This week's Trial wasn't too bad. Three attempts. The first we lost the first race and then everyone dropped out of the second. I finished 4th by myself in that one. Second attempt had some a few bad teammates and the lead two dropped out in the second while the guy at the back stayed in costing us too many points. The last time we had a good team and easily won both of the first two races. Never saw the third race.
Old 01-11-2022, 07:24 PM   #162
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
Default Upcoming bug/issue fixes

From Playground games

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

We hope you all had a safe and wonderful holiday break! With our teams back in the office, we’ve begun working on game fixes and improving the overall game experience – a process that will continue throughout 2022 and which could not happen without your continued feedback and support.

Here is an update on some of the areas that we’re currently working on with our goal being to roll them out as soon as we can:

Accolades - We know players have experienced issues with Accolades not unlocking or resetting and we understand how frustrating this can be. We’re also aware of misleading descriptions that are confusing for players. We’re continuing to work through addressing these and you’ll see more fixed in the next update.

EventLab - Based on the feedback we have received from you, our top priority is introducing the ability to save and edit EventLab content post-creation. We’re currently working on this and hope to release in an upcoming update.

Festival Playlist - We know the Festival Playlist has been an area of concern for Forza Horizon 5 players. We’re taking the necessary steps to ensure that future challenges and objectives can be completed by all players. In addition, we’re working on a solution to retroactively apply points for bugged Daily Challenges and Treasure Hunt events in Series 1 and Series 2. This will also unlock the “Min, Meet Max” achievement for those who had completed all other events and challenges within a series. Stay tuned for additional details.

In the meantime, we’re aware of an issue that shows the incorrect total value of Series Points earned by some players when viewing a previous Series Playlist. Our team has identified that this is caused by the auto-completion of the Horizon Tour in each season and we’re currently investigating a solution.

Wheels - We’re investigating numerous issues around wheel support in Forza Horizon 5, especially for the PC version. These include a crash when closing pop ups or Wheelspins with a Fanatec wheel, missing wheel mapping on the Hori Force Feedback wheel and a lack of rumble functionality that is separate to force-feedback.

We’re also looking into why the handbrake for Thrustmaster and Fanatec models does not work consistently for some users, as well as a specific Logitech wheel issue in which there is no longer any force feedback produced after suspending the title.

Leaderboards - We’re investigating a solution to remedy erroneous lap times and high scores being posted to Rivals and PR Stunts leaderboards. This remains a high priority for our team and we hope to introduce new safeguards to tackle the situation around cheating in the future. We don’t expect this to be a quick fix but we’re committed to ensuring the leaderboards are fair and not compromised.

There are many more issues being worked on alongside these. As always, your feedback and input has been invaluable in tracking down and fixing the issues. We want to thank you all for your patience!
Old 01-13-2022, 05:41 AM   #163
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
Default Series 3 Autumn Weekly Challenge

My fuller breakdown of the Series 3 Autumn playlist will come later but for the weekly challenge, you will need to own and drive a Bentley Blower. it's a 4 million credit car that is going for 20 million in the Auction House. The kicker is chapter 4 where you are expected to drive for 100 miles. That is not a type and has been confirmed by a developer on the Forza forums.

I suggest you upgrade the tune. It will take about 40 minutes to make 6-1/2 round trips up and down the divided highway to meet this objective if you do it in free travel with an S1 tune. But you could just find a 3 lap Goliath with no drivatars.

I created a tune and livery that you can download if you want.

Share codes
Pic 113 826 434
Tune 944 905 137 (S1 873)
Livery 521 019 751

Last edited by cricepng; 01-13-2022 at 06:12 AM.
Thanks given by:
emailking (01-13-2022)
Old 01-14-2022, 12:14 AM   #164
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
Default Series 3 Autumn

Rewards
Zenova ST1 120 series pts
1971 Ford Mustang 200 series pts
Donkervoort GTO 25 pts
Toyota AT37 45 pts

Forzashop
Koenigsegg CCGT 600 FP
Red Round Shades 75 FP
Wah Wah Wah Wahhh car horn 75 FP
Ford Supervan 3 400 FP
Super Wheelspin 300 FP
Wheelspin 80 FP

Weekly Challenge: Bentley Blower Reward: 5 pts, 80 FP
Own*and*drive*the*1931 Bentley 4-1/2 Litre Supercharged wins.
Earn a total of 9 stars at Speed Zones.
Win 3 Road Racing Series Events*in the*4-1/2 Litre '31.
Drive 100 miles (160.9 km)

Daily Challenges
Getting Started Drive 10 miles in Horizon Tour Events Reward 1 pt, 10 FP
Playception Complete any Festival Playlist Activity Reward 1 pt, 10 FP
Rawrsome Win 2 Road Racing Events in any Jaguar Reward 1 pt, 10 FP
Ultimate Talent Earn and bank an Ultimate Skill Chain Reward 1 pt, 10 FP
Waterways Take a picture at Sierra Verde Dam Reward 1 pt, 10 FP
Taking Stock Spend 50,000 credits on upgrades Reward 1 pt, 10 FP
Lightning Speeds Reach 100 mph in any Expedition Reward 1 pt, 10 FP

Online Challenges
Seasonal Playground Games: Temple Runner Retro Rally B700 Reward 1999 Mitsubishi Lancer GSR, 3 pts
Horizon Arcade Complete any Horizon Arcade Event Reward 3 pts
Horizon Open: Clean Up Nicely Earn 3 Clean Racing Skills in Horizon Open Racing Reward White skinny jeans, 2 pts
Eliminator: Battle Royale Finish 30th or better Reward Gong car horn, 2 pts
Horizon Tour: Co-Op Championships Complete a Horizon Tour Session Reward 3 pts

PR Stunts
Danger Sign: Eagle's Perch Mitsubishi B700 767.7 ft Reward Wheelspin, 2 pts
Speed Trap: Swamplands Ferrari F40 A800 148mph Reward Wheelspin, 2 pts
Speed Zone: Watersplash Classic Rally B700 82mph Reward Wheelspin, 2 pts

Races
Trial: Baja California Unlimited Offroad A800 Reward Super Wheelspin, 10 pts 2004 Nissan Pickup #23 Rally Raid 150 319 639
Seasonal Championship: Welcome to the Jungle (cross country) Jeep Trailcat A800 Reward Tiger Roar car horn, 5 pts
Seasonal Championship: Calm Before the Storm (street) Extreme Track Toys S2998 Reward Ariel Atom, 5 pts
Seasonal Championship: Underground, Underground (dirt) Hot Hatch B700 Reward Volkswagen Scirocco R, 5 pts

Other
Photo Challenge: #Purfect Photograph a 1999 Ford Racing Puma in La Selva Reward "I'm in the zone" Forza Link, 2 pts
Treasure Hunter: Lucky Skills Cause a wreck in the 2017 Nissan Gt-R Reward 50,000 credits, 3 pts

Monthly Rivals: Plaza Circuit Post a clean lap Reward: 4 pts Initiate from within the Festival Playlist

For today's Daily Challenge I ended up getting the Rule Britannica Horizon Tour as soon as I checked what was available. I quickly found a random A800 tune for the Bentley Blower and it was able to win 2/3 races (my controller stopped vibrating the first race and it messed with me mentally).

I also used the Bentley for a Drift Arcade. Doing all I can to use it to help get the 100 miles for the weekly challenge. Forza is giving everyone 100 FP as a token of remorse at making everyone have to drive 100 miles in the Bentley.

The Trial was pretty easy this week. Two attempts. On both I had some bad teammates. The first attempt there were only three of us. One was in a Merc-Benz Truck FE and I knew it would be "fun". He cost us any hope of winning due to wrecking into and through everyone at the start. The second attempt I had a skilled teammate who rammed me at the end of the first race so he could place 1st (knocking me to 4th) and in the 2nd race knocked me outside a gate and I could only recover to 7th thanks to my rewind freezing. We barely won that race but we did and I never saw the 3rd one. I wish people would learn that the Trial and Tours are not about you personally winning but about the team winning.

The speed trap is difficult this week. You will need a good tune. Approach from the north. Take the second closest corner a little wide so you are lined up to not have as sharp a turn going onto the bridge at the end. And pray for no traffic on the bridge. It took about a dozen attempts to get it and I only had 0.7 mph to spare.

For this week's treasure hunt. Get in the Nissan and perform a bunch of wrecking skills. The chest should be on a ledge near the Eliminator spot. When I first went, the chest wasn't there. I went back after the Trial and it appeared. A minor bug but at least I eventually got it.

I still need to do the three seasonal championships and the seasonal playground games.
Old 01-14-2022, 05:53 AM   #165
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

Seasonal Championship: Welcome to the Jungle (cross country) Jeep Trailcat 367 163 057; 812 955 590;
Seasonal Championship: Calm Before the Storm (street) 1989 Ferrari F40 Competizione 139 351 329
Seasonal Championship: Underground, Underground (dirt) 2016 Vauxhall Corsa VXR 150 639 465

The seasonal championships were a mixed bag. The Street and Dirt races weren't too bad.

But the drivatars and weather on the Cross Country were horrible. Driving rain, poor lighting, and drivatars that probably could do the races blindfolded in a hurricane with no impact on their performance. I used two different tunes (first for the starting sprint and the other for the other two races). A lot of rewinding. A lot of frustration. A lot of restarts for each race.

All that remains except the Daily Challenges is driving another 7 miles in the Bentley and the Playground Games mission. Save something for day 2 as the day 2 challenge is doing an activity on the festival playlist.
Old 01-17-2022, 11:55 AM   #166

Dec 2009

You could actually do a Daily to get the Daily requiring something from the Festival playlist. I had a problem with the Calm Before the Storm Seasonal in my convoy group so we ended up just doing it solo and was able to get it done. Usually use Paperheartzero and XIII90's tunes and they have always seemed to work well.

So all I need is 40 points next Season to get the 200 points needed for the Series.
Thanks given by:
cricepng (01-17-2022)
Old 01-17-2022, 04:09 PM   #167
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

I was really looking forward to this but so far have spent very little time with it. I'm tired of the overly complex menu systems and the rubber banding seems MUCH more severe on this title than past entries.
Thanks given by:
neoz (01-18-2022)
Old 01-17-2022, 10:26 PM   #168
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

I've redone this season's Trial and dirt and cross country championships numerous times this week.

I continue to be amazed at how easy the Trial and Underground Overground championships are. I've only lost the Trial twice and that was in large part due to teammates inabilities or selfish driving.

The cross country championship with the Jeep has gotten easier as I've figured out the tricks as to when to brake and how much acceleration. But far too often the lead car just gets out to too huge of a lead right from the start in the two sprints. I think the circuit race is the easiest. I can usually take the lead halfway through the 2nd lap if not by the end of the 1st lap. My suggestion is to do the circuit second and then you will know how far ahead of which drivatars you need to finish to win the championship. If toward the end of the race it looks like you are too far back, you can then restart the race.

I have heard of one person on Twitter who said he did everything on day 1 and had issues getting the #2 daily on day 3 but he was able to get it on day 4.
Old 01-18-2022, 04:50 AM   #169

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
I was really looking forward to this but so far have spent very little time with it. I'm tired of the overly complex menu systems and the rubber banding seems MUCH more severe on this title than past entries.
The rubber banding is so bad. I play FH5 just to get the seasonal stuff but then usually go back to FH4 and drive around lol.
Old 01-18-2022, 06:58 AM   #170
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
The rubber banding is so bad. I play FH5 just to get the seasonal stuff but then usually go back to FH4 and drive around lol.
I agree about the rubber banding being bad. It is a constant topic on the Forza forums.

But there are occasional races like this week's Trial where it isn't as noticeable. I found it so easy on unbeatable that I decided to use the second race and the Nissan Rally truck to finish getting my win 10 races against unbeatables in cross country accolade. I needed 6 more wins and got them all in less than 30 minutes and didn't need to use rewind once and that was with the weather being a tropical rainstorm.
Old 01-20-2022, 11:26 PM   #171
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
Default Series 3 - Winter

Rewards
Zenova ST1 120 series pts
1971 Ford Mustang 200 series pts
Porsche Carrera 25 pts
Toyota AT38 45 pts

Forzashop
Bugatti Chiron 700 FP
Pink Blazer Jacket 75 FP
Pop 'N' Lock emote 75 FP
Dodge Challenger SRT Demon 400 FP
Super Wheelspin 300 FP
Wheelspin 80 FP

Weekly Challenge: Ultimate Offroader Reward: 5 pts, 80 FP
Own and drive the 2016 Jeep Trailcat
Win 3 Dirt Trail events in the Trailcat
Earn 15 Air Skills in a Trailcat
Win 3 Cross Country events in the Trailcat

Daily Challenges
Dry Run Reach 140 mph in any Dirt racing Event Reward 1 pt, 10 FP
Plot Twist Earn 5 Drift Skills in any Horizon Story Chapter Reward 1 pt, 10 FP
Taco This Smash a Taco Cart Reward 1 pt, 10 FP
In Reverse Complete a Drift theme Horizon Arcade in any Drift car Reward 1 pt, 10 FP
Hyper Equipment Win a Road Race in a Hypercar Reward 1 pt, 10 FP
Play by the Rules Play an Event Blueprint that was created by another player Reward 1 pt, 10 FP
A Little Something Send a Gift Drop to another player Reward 1 pt, 10 FP

Online Challenges
Seasonal Playground Games: Cat and Mouse Horizon Specials: David Vs Goliath A800 Reward GMC Vandura, 3 pts
Horizon Arcade Complete any Horizon Arcade Event Reward 3 pts
Horizon Open: Third Time Lucky Secure 3 car drops in the same game of Eliminatpr "Kinda sus" Forza Link, 2 pts
Eliminator: Battle Royale Finish in the top 30 Reward "I have the high ground" Florza Link, 2 pts
Horizon Tour: Co-Op Championships Reward 3 pts

PR Stunts
Danger Sign: La Cruz 702.1 ft, Bentley Bentayga A800 Reward Wheelspin, 2 pts
Speed Trap: Bypass 195 mph, Anything Goes S2 Class S2998 Reward Wheelspin, 2 pts McLaren F1 from the north
Trailblazer: Over the Dune 25 secinds, #25 Ford Brocky Bronco A800 Reward Wheelspin, 2 pts

Races
Trial: Grand Finale Classic Racers S1900 Reward Super Wheelspin, 10 pts 1966 Jaguar XJ13 968 946 589
Seasonal Championship:Cross Country Skiing (cross country) Unlimited Buggies A800 Reward Ariel Nomadn, 5 pts "RACE #1 - LAS DUNAS CROSS COUNTRY
RACE #2 - URBAN CROSS COUNTRY CIRCUIT
RACE #3 - COPPER CANYON CROSS COUNTRY
Ariel Noman 589 887 197"
Seasonal Championship: Speed Skating (street) Super Saloons S1900 Reward 2012 BMW M5, 5 pts "RACE #1 - Festival Gatecrash
RACE #2 - Cruce del Valle
RACE #3 - Costa Rocosa
Mercedez-AMG 2018 GT 4-Door Coupe 660 009 416"
Seasonal Championship: Athletes (road) Horizon Specials: Cars Named Super Sport S2998 Reward Classic Running Man emote, 5 pts "RACE #1 - Estadio Circuit
RACE #2 - Sierra Verde Sprint
RACE #3 - Gran Pantano Sprint
2011 Bugatti Veron Super Sport untuned"

Other
Photo Challenge: #BigCityLights Photograph Guanajuato at night Reward "Action" Forza Link, 2 pts
Collectibles: Light the Beacons! Smash 50 Floating Chinese Lanterns in the Dunas Blancas Reward "Eat my dust" Forza Link, 3 pts

Monthly Rivals: Plaza Circuit Post a clean lap Reward: 4 pts Initiate from within the Festival Playlist

I still need to do the Playground and Trial. The Playground could be interesting if they bring back some sort of Cat & Mouse type event from earlier versions of Forza.

The PR Stunts were fairly straightforward. I used the McLaren F1 with a tune that was heavy on Launch and Acceleration. The Trailblazer is more than doable if you know the fastest (not most direct) way to the finish on the beach.

The Championships were all pretty easy. I did the Cross Country first and found the third race hardest. Then I did the Street races and discovered part way through that I had forgotten to change my settings from the Drift Arcade that I had done earlier in the morning. 1st place was pretty easy to accomplish in all of the races.

I'll post my thoughts on the Trial later.

Last edited by cricepng; 01-21-2022 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Added Trial car and tune
Old 01-20-2022, 11:49 PM   #172
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2018
Seattle

Games been out for 2 months and they still havent fixed the LOD and Texture issues for PC. SMH.
Old 01-21-2022, 03:48 AM   #173
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

Playground was just a normal Playground Games.

The Trial is more difficult. Classic Racers tend to be high powered and hard to control. I originally tried a Lola a couple of times but it had no grip or brakes and my team of two did miserably on the time when the drivatars weren't too out of control.

Then I tried a '66 Jag XJ13. It was much easier to control. It could do full acceleration through small bends and didn't need quite as much braking as some of the other cars that I observed being used by the team. The tune is now in my post above.

The drivatars are much faster and more aggressive than they were in last season's Trial. On one of my attempts with the Lola, a drivatar was on the right side by the cement wall. Out of nowhere it did a full 90 turn and made me go sliding way off the course. I just quit that attempt having seen that three Ai were way out in front and the team had no hope of getting out of the pack and I was already way behind the last person.
Old 01-22-2022, 09:52 PM   #174
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Let Me In!

I just got the free Ferrari from the car pass. The game locks up & crashes when I try to go and paint it. Am I the only one with this issue?
Old 01-23-2022, 04:25 AM   #175
Special Member

Dec 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
I just got the free Ferrari from the car pass. The game locks up & crashes when I try to go and paint it. Am I the only one with this issue?
I believe that's a known issue at the moment.
Thanks given by:
Grim Reaper (01-28-2022)
Old 02-02-2022, 10:00 AM   #176
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

Back after 10 days in a remote village with very limited mobile data (barely fast enough to do basic email on my phone). Missed two Daily Challenges from Series 3: Winter. But I was able to get most of Spring in. Still need to do the last Daily when it is available and try to win a Horizon Open event.

Did the Trial and dirt Championship in the same tuned 2010 Audi. The off-road portions were fun trying to maintain control as I bounced and turned at speed but was a great place to overtake the Drivatars. Was able to do everything in the first attempt (except the Speed trap PR stunt which took a couple of tries going from the Danger Sign area).

Even won the Eliminator and I was only half trying. Started at the old airstrip and immediately got a Level 7 AMG. Didn't have a head-to-head opportunity until it was on the paved switchbacks and beat someone in a 300-yard dash. Then beat someone else in a 100-yard dash. Got a good line down the crease toward the final destination and easily won despite my Level-9 Hoonigan flipping sideways once when I hit a small rock.

There was a hotfix this morning but it didn't do anything about making up for the bugged Trailblazer which caused a lot of people to miss out on 100-percenting the series.
Old 02-03-2022, 01:57 AM   #177
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Unsure if this was mentioned already but to promote the new OPI Nail Polish XBOX Spring 2022 Collection, they are offering an exclusive in-game car if you purchase $20+ of their new polish when purchased from ULTA Beauty Stores. Each bottle runs about $11 plus tax so you would need to purchase two bottles to qualify. The colors are all video game slang as their titles. You then submit a copy of your receipt and in a few days you will receive a code to unlock the car. So long as you don't open the nail polish you could technically return them back to the store, or you can give as gifts. More info at the link below:

https://ulta.opixboxrewards.com/
Thanks given by:
cricepng (02-10-2022), emailking (02-04-2022)
Old 02-03-2022, 09:22 PM   #178
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
Default Series 4: Summer Wet Season

Rewards
Saleen S7 100 series pts
Koenigsegg Jesko 160 series pts
Nio EP9 25 pts
Hoonicorn v2 40 pts

Forzashop
Zenvo TSR-S 600 FP
Koenigsegg CC8S 400 FP
Macarena emote 75 FP
Countdown Timer car horn 75 FP
Super Wheelspin 300 FP
Wheelspin 80 FP

Weekly Challenge: Triathlon of Racing Reward: 5 pts, 80 FP
Own and drive any car from France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the UK, or the USA (everything in the weekly has to be the same car)
Win a Road Circuit in your chosen car
Win a Dirt Scramble Race event in your chosen car
Win any Cross Country Race Event in your chosen car

Daily Challenges
Put on a Show Win a Showcase Reward 1 pt, 10 FP
That was Intensa Reach 200 mph in the 2018 Apollo Intensa Emozione Reward 1 pt, 10 FP
Elite Athlete Drive a level 4 car in The Eliminator Reward 1 pt, 10 FP
Pass, Shoot, Score Score 3 flags in Flag Rush or Team Flag Rush Reward 1 pt, 10 FP
Push Start Win 2 Road Racing Circuit Events in any Volkswagen Reward 1 pt, 10 FP
Crafted for Greatness Earn a total of 5 Stars from Trailblazers in an Alumi Craft vehicle Reward 1 pt, 10 FP
Doesn't Ring a Ball Smash a football Reward 1 pt, 10 FP

Online Challenges
Seasonal Playground Games: Ahead of the Game (C600) Horizon World Cup Countries Reward Land Rover Velar, 3 pts
EventLab: X Dead Zeppelin Presents Temple of Doom 2: Circuit (B700) Modern Rally Reward 1995 Corvette, 5 pts

Races
Trial: Just Waming Up (C600) Horizon World Cup Countries Reward Lambo Miuras, 10 pts Ford Mustang Boss 471 840 587
Seasonal Championship:Sky's the Limit (road) (C600) Horizon World Cup Countries Reward 1993 Nissan GT-R, 5 pts 1987 Buick Regal GNX 184 307 591 Volcan Sprint, Panoramica Sprint, Lookout Circuit
Seasonal Championship: Off Track (dirt) (C600) Horizon World Cup Countries Reward Megane R26.Rs, 5 pts 1992 Ford Escort Cosworth RS 112 140 436 Desierto Trail, Baijo Trail, Mangrove Scramble
Seasonal Championship: Turbo Charged (cross country) (C600) Horizon World Cup Countries Reward 2019 Porsche Macan Turbo, 5 pts 2021 Ford Bronco (automatic tune to C600) Airfield Cross Country Circuit, Las Ranas Cross Country, Tropico Cross Country

Other
Photo Challenge: #CountrySports Photograph the 1969 Chevy Camaro Super Sport at the Tiera Prospera fields Reward Breaking Shatter car horn, 2 pts
Showcase Remix: Opening Ceremony Reward Announcer Countdown car horn, 3 pts

Monthly Rivals: Estadio Circuit Post a clean lap Reward: 4 pts Initiate from within the Festival Playlist

Super7 Complete the Super7 Reward KTM X-Bow R

This is a different type of seasonal events. There are no PR stunts, Horizon Arcade, Eliminator or Open events. Everything is pretty much limited to cars from certain countries. In the Championships and Trial, each of the countries has one car that you can choose from. I went with all USA cars (although the Escort Cosworth should be classified as British) and mostly went with random tunes except for the Trial.

The weather is wet which makes the driving a little trickier but they really nerfed down the drivatar difficulty. I was able to complete the Championships with 1st place in every race on the first try with no rewinding. In the Trial, my team easily won the first two races. In both races I held the drivatars back so my teammates could catch up and pass. We took the top three places in the first race and the top four in the second with me placing 3rd in each.

Last edited by cricepng; 02-03-2022 at 10:38 PM. Reason: corrected redemption amount for Hoonicorn 2
Old 02-03-2022, 11:57 PM   #179
Special Member

Dec 2019

Overall there's a lot to like about FH5 but a few things I've noticed over time that are bugging me (I know):

- Lobbies are just too small; you can't see many other players to find a random unofficial convoy, etc. I'd love a return to the way they did it for FH4.
- All content should be in the "Autoshow" so you know what cars are in the game. I shouldn't need to look in Autoshow, Car Pass, and Auction House in order to know all the cars I should even be working towards. This was also an issue in FH4.
- As with FH4, I also really haven't learned to appreciate having cars locked behind chance (wheelspins) or exorbitantly high prices in the auction house. If I want an Aventador J for example, I should be able to work for it (including needing to throw out a few million dollars), not hope I can get it in a wheelspin or a chance low price.
- Sameness of the car list was something I tried to be optimistic about leading up to the game, but yeah, that has set in. Really should've had more cars by this point, and over the lifespan of the game it's unlikely in my opinion that enough "new" vehicles will be added.
- This may not actually be their "fault", but some brands have bizzarely small car lists considering their heritage and library of iconic/popular vehicles. Mercedes is one. Audi has very few current-generation vehicles, as another example.

Really a fun game, but I was more ready for a new Motorsport as opposed to Horizon. Hopefully that comes before too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5 View Post
Unsure if this was mentioned already but to promote the new OPI Nail Polish XBOX Spring 2022 Collection, they are offering an exclusive in-game car if you purchase $20+ of their new polish when purchased from ULTA Beauty Stores. Each bottle runs about $11 plus tax so you would need to purchase two bottles to qualify. The colors are all video game slang as their titles. You then submit a copy of your receipt and in a few days you will receive a code to unlock the car. So long as you don't open the nail polish you could technically return them back to the store, or you can give as gifts. More info at the link below:

https://ulta.opixboxrewards.com/
I could be misreading, but this and articles about it don't suggest you get an exclusive car.
Old 02-04-2022, 12:25 AM   #180
Special Member

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigop1ayer View Post

I could be misreading, but this and articles about it don't suggest you get an exclusive car.
It looks like you get an exclusive coat of paint you can put on your cars.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X