Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
SeaQuest DSV: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
8 hrs ago
The Northman 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Six Million Dollar Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99
9 hrs ago
Dual (Blu-ray)
$16.59
13 hrs ago
The Last Duel 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
1 day ago
The King's Man 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

The French Dispatch (Blu-ray)
$8.99

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Charlie's Angels: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.06
21 hrs ago
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Blu-ray)
$5.99
1 hr ago
Nana: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$57.99
6 hrs ago
Black Widow 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray PCs, Laptops, Drives, Media and Software

Old 12-27-2006, 08:39 PM   #21

Dec 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by phloyd View Post
Can people who have been successful with the DVDit HD please post which version/build they are using? Should be in the 'About' dialog box I believe...

Thanks!
My version is: 6.3 630B91A
Old 12-27-2006, 08:42 PM   #22
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2003
California

Thanks for the prompt answer

Cheers!
Old 12-28-2006, 10:22 PM   #23

Dec 2006
Australia

My version is 6.3 630891A. I am getting all the right files onto the BD-RE disk (when compared with a commercially recorded BD-J), but can't find any software to play back the disk on the PC (Sony AR series laptop with Matsushita BD-MLT UJ-210S burner). Intervideo WinDVD BD for VAIO player came installed, but does not work despite vehement denials for Sony.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:09 AM   #24

Dec 2006
Glendale, AZ
Default 4gb file size limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentfry View Post
Pixel: I took the route you suggest, and failed. DVDit decided that the 1080 50i file was not right and converted the audio. It then attempted to convert the video, but failed part way through. The system seems to have some kind of 4Gb limit on re-encoding, even though I have exclusively NTFS disks. The error code is -10003. I am writing to Roxio to see if they can help.
Hi, I'm having the same problem. Did you ever hear anything or figure out a work-around? David Ice

```
Old 12-29-2006, 04:21 AM   #25

Dec 2006
Glendale, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentfry View Post
Pixel: I took the route you suggest, and failed. DVDit decided that the 1080 50i file was not right and converted the audio. It then attempted to convert the video, but failed part way through. The system seems to have some kind of 4Gb limit on re-encoding, even though I have exclusively NTFS disks. The error code is -10003. I am writing to Roxio to see if they can help.
Hi, don't know if my earlier message went through....I'm having the same 4gb file size limitation thrown at me and I have all NTSF drives with nearly 1TB of free space. Did you ever hear any answers from Roxio? David Ice
Old 12-29-2006, 05:06 AM   #26

Dec 2006
Australia

No, still no answer from Roxio. I guess they are still on the Christmas turkey.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:54 PM   #27

Dec 2006

Where is your content stored in relation to the application? Can you put the 4GB file at the Root level of your drive and try again? at D:/ not at D:/mycontent/file.avi
Old 12-29-2006, 08:35 PM   #28
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2003
California

It looks like VideoLan Client (vlc) can play back the .m2ts files that are generated on a PC (and I presume other platforms also).
Old 12-30-2006, 08:08 PM   #29

Dec 2006
Glendale, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Scott View Post
Where is your content stored in relation to the application? Can you put the 4GB file at the Root level of your drive and try again? at D:/ not at D:/mycontent/file.avi
Hmmm....thanks, Scott! I'll try it. My avi file was on G drive in a folder, and my application temp files, etc. were on the J drive. (Of course, the DVDit Pro is on the C drive....or should I re-install it on the J drive?) Thanks for your insights, and I'll let you know what happens! Dave Ice
Old 12-30-2006, 08:24 PM   #30

Dec 2006
Glendale, AZ
Default My own tests and travails

I recently got the Panasonic Blu Ray DMP BD10 (NTSC) as well as DVDit Pro HD.

I'm still working out some issues with the DVDit Pro, BUT....

The 3 minute test BD-R I was able to get DVDit Pro HD to author and burn DOES play back beautifully on the Panasonic. In fact, it looks better than it did feeding the source HDV via firewire into the TV! So I'm greatly encouraged. Now to just get over the 3 minute time limits/4gb file limits/"DVDit Pro has encountered problems and must shut down" issues.

Oddly enough, DVDit Pro HD simply WOULD NOT load onto my Canopus editing computer. After trying every trick I could think of I still got the same error codes, missing lines of code, etc. I tried loading it to different drives, antivirus/firewalls on/off, etc. Nothing would work. But it did load on an older 3.2Ghz computer (with Canopus software) without a hitch.

Also, I edit HDV using Canopus Edius. They have just released a software patch that will allow virtually any video application to read their proprietary Canopus HD avi files. And DVDit Pro HD had no problem reading the Canopus files. (I prefer the Canopus system over Cineform as its rendering/capturing is real time with no transcoding necessary.)

Canopus Free Playback-only codecs at
www.canopus.com

David Ice
Old 12-30-2006, 11:20 PM   #31

Dec 2006
Default Playback on Samsung Blu-Ray Player

I am using the Sony Blu-ray burner with Cyberlink software and playing authored discs on the Samsung Blu-ray player. Here's what I found out: When I authored a disc to a BD-RE disc, it would play fine on the Samsung player, but when I authored to a BD-R disc, it would NOT play on the Sumsung Blu-Ray player. I opened up the "Nero info tool" and discovered that the discs that did play were "closed" while the discs that would not play (BD-R) were reported as "open" by Nero info tool. Since there is no way to finalize or close a BD-R disc and no option to do so in Cyberlink, you can not play a BD-R authored by Cyberlink and played in the Samsung Blu-ray player. This must be a bug in Cyberlink Power Producer. I have also found no settings in the Samsung player that would allow me to play a disc that is not "closed".
Old 12-31-2006, 02:04 AM   #32

Jun 2006
Los Angeles
Default Is your Samsung player recent or upgraded?

Note that in the opening post, Cyberlink PowerProducer for BD to BD-RE discs did not play on the local retailer's (early) BDP1000. Is yours of recent manufacture (August or after) or otherwise firmware upgraded? [I'm still waiting for my Sony BDP-S1 firmware upgrade]
Old 12-31-2006, 10:09 PM   #33

Dec 2006
Australia
Default 4Gb limit

I tried putting all files in the D:\ directory. The same 4Gb limit still applies. Still waiting for Roxio to answer me on this issue.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:06 PM   #34

Dec 2006

Kentfry,

Someone from Roxio has been responding to you (me)...though not off of your tech support request.

That said, I am a bit stymied by your situation. Perhaps if the application was on C: and your temp directory was on C: and your content was coming from your external hard drive? Rather than one being on C: one on J: and one on D: . I don't know. something about your setup, but I do not no what. How many hard drives do you have??

Friday, I double checked and had QA burn a 20 GB disc. no problems whatsoever. I just answered a question for someone at forums.support.roxio.com who just completed an 18 GB one hour twenty minute disc (though he did that with legal MPEG-2 assets created with Procoder)

Can you post over at the Roxio support forum and see how some of these other users are being successfull? In the meantime, we'll keep checking on QA, but your configuration sounds different from what we test on.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:45 AM   #35

Dec 2006
Australia
Default 4Gb limit

Thanks for answering. System is an AR series Sony VAIO laptop with BD-MLT UJ-210S burner. Has 2*80Gb disks in Raid 0 configuration (drives C and D), a further 80 Gb disk in docking station, and a couple of 1Tb LaCie 1394B Raid 0 disks attached via PC card. I have tried putting the temp disk on all but the C drive where there is not enough space.
Files should be compliant, generated from Cineform HD in Premiere Pro 2, using Cineform m2ts converter, or Adobe converter, or MainConcept converter. All are 50i (PAL system) files. Works OK for very short pieces and burns to disc OK. However, can't get a longer piece (1hr 5mins), about 12Gb past the 4Gb limit. All disks are NTFS. The only FAT things on the laptop are slots for memory stick and SD cards.

I have another bigger faster PC, but can't load DVDit on - gives me an error message when I start up, as described in my tech support message to Roxio.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:12 PM   #36

Dec 2006
Glendale, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by banders100 View Post
I am using the Sony Blu-ray burner with Cyberlink software and playing authored discs on the Samsung Blu-ray player. Here's what I found out: When I authored a disc to a BD-RE disc, it would play fine on the Samsung player, but when I authored to a BD-R disc, it would NOT play on the Sumsung Blu-Ray player. I opened up the "Nero info tool" and discovered that the discs that did play were "closed" while the discs that would not play (BD-R) were reported as "open" by Nero info tool. Since there is no way to finalize or close a BD-R disc and no option to do so in Cyberlink, you can not play a BD-R authored by Cyberlink and played in the Samsung Blu-ray player. This must be a bug in Cyberlink Power Producer. I have also found no settings in the Samsung player that would allow me to play a disc that is not "closed".
Oddly, I found the exact opposite to be true on the Panasonic. A BD-R disc successfully burned by DVDit Pro HD would play, but a Cyberlink Power Producer BD-RE would not play. Go figure....

David Ice
Old 01-01-2007, 10:21 PM   #37

Dec 2006

Kentfry,

I think I can help you with the error on startup on your other computer. Can you provide me with a cloaked email address so I can contact you directly? (yournameatyourdomaindotcom). If I get it today, I may be able to get you up and running by days end. If not, it will have to wait until the end of the week as I will be out of town.

Scott
Old 01-02-2007, 04:51 AM   #38

Dec 2006
Glendale, AZ
Default Finally! Success with DVDit PRO HD and the Panasonic BD player

I have been able to burn BD-RE (haven't tried BD-R yet as I"m still testing) using Canopus Pro Corder Express (which comes with Edius 4.) I used Pro Corder Express to make a HD MPEG 2 file, which cuts a lot of transcoding time from DVDit Pro.

Pro Corder Express Settings are:

MPEG 2 HD 1920x1080i

Generic ISO MPEG stream
MPEG-2 Elementary Stream
Width 1920
Height 1080
29.975 Frame Rate NTSC
Upper/Top Field First
16x9
High Quality Encoding
Use Closed GOP (checked)
CBR
1 pass
18300 bitrate (you can play around with this)
Prolile/Level MP@HL
Intra DC Precision 9
Use Strict GOP bitrate control (checked)
Use Audio if Exist
Audio Stream Type PCM/WAV
Sample rate 48.0
Channels 2 ch
Bits/Sample 16

This worked flawlessly and DVDit Pro HD encoded the show in rapid fashion.

I had all the files (including menu photos) on my I drive (the application is on the C drive) at the root level; i.e. it was I: New Zealand MPEG, not I: My videos/vacation/New Zealand MPEG. I got no error messages at all, and DVDit Pro finally didn't give me the 4GB file size limit!

And a BIG THANKS to everybody who answered my requests for help!!!

David Ice
Old 01-02-2007, 06:38 AM   #39

Dec 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpdude View Post
I have been able to burn BD-RE (haven't tried BD-R yet as I"m still testing) using Canopus Pro Corder Express (which comes with Edius 4.) I used Pro Corder Express to make a HD MPEG 2 file, which cuts a lot of transcoding time from DVDit Pro.

Pro Corder Express Settings are:

MPEG 2 HD 1920x1080i

Generic ISO MPEG stream
MPEG-2 Elementary Stream
Width 1920
Height 1080
29.975 Frame Rate NTSC
Upper/Top Field First
16x9
High Quality Encoding
Use Closed GOP (checked)
CBR
1 pass
18300 bitrate (you can play around with this)
Prolile/Level MP@HL
Intra DC Precision 9
Use Strict GOP bitrate control (checked)
Use Audio if Exist
Audio Stream Type PCM/WAV
Sample rate 48.0
Channels 2 ch
Bits/Sample 16

This worked flawlessly and DVDit Pro HD encoded the show in rapid fashion.

I had all the files (including menu photos) on my I drive (the application is on the C drive) at the root level; i.e. it was I: New Zealand MPEG, not I: My videos/vacation/New Zealand MPEG. I got no error messages at all, and DVDit Pro finally didn't give me the 4GB file size limit!

And a BIG THANKS to everybody who answered my requests for help!!!

David Ice

You can also use 1440x1080i. Its also working with DVDit Pro HD...
Old 01-03-2007, 12:54 AM   #40

Dec 2006
Glendale, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixel View Post
You can also use 1440x1080i. Its also working with DVDit Pro HD...
Pro Corder Express doesn't give that option...only 1920x1080. But no problem.

I've also discoverd that DVDit Pro HD will also transcode a program stream audio to AC-3 (Dolby Digital) without using an elemental stream, allowing Pro Corder Express to do a 2 pass variable bit rate Highest Quality encode. But be aware it's VERY slow, even on a fast machine. I'm averaging about .7 realtime. 30 minutes takes about 6 hours.

David Ice
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray PCs, Laptops, Drives, Media and Software