Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
SeaQuest DSV: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
8 hrs ago
The Northman 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Six Million Dollar Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99
9 hrs ago
Dual (Blu-ray)
$16.59
13 hrs ago
The Last Duel 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
1 day ago
The King's Man 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

The French Dispatch (Blu-ray)
$8.99

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Charlie's Angels: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.06
21 hrs ago
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Blu-ray)
$5.99
59 min ago
Nana: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$57.99
6 hrs ago
Black Widow 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray PCs, Laptops, Drives, Media and Software

Old 02-21-2007, 11:35 PM   #41
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2003
California
Default What is compatible with DVDit Pro HD

I have been experimenting with a number of broadcast streams and have found a couple of 'barriers' to compatibility with DVDit.

Bitrate: If the bitrate header is too high, DVDit will transcode the video, even if it is not the real peak bitrate. This can be fixed using Restream. An example is that HDNet Movies sets the bitrate header to 65 but that is not the real bitrate.

GOP Length: I gather that the GOP length should be no more than 24 frames for progressive and 30 frames for interlaced data on a BD. It is not clear where DVDit Pro HD draws the line but it is apparent that my ABC and NBC local broadcasts (28 frames in a GOP) and Showtime, Starz and Universal HD (29 frames in a GOP) are not acceptable to DVDit and it will transcode these streams. It is not clear to me how to get around this since I don't think it can be done without some additional I frames so some level of recoding is needed.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:47 PM   #42
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2003
California

As a followup, I found that the VideoRedo tool has a function to reduce the GOP length on writing.

For PS and Elemental output, this can be accessed in the Options on the Save dialogue box.

I found that for Showtime HD data, the GOP of 29 frames could be fixed by setting a maximum of 17 frames. This resulted in one extra I frame being added per GOP. So it takes some time to recode that frame for every GOP - but I think it is worth it since it is not a complete transcoding.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:58 PM   #43

Jul 2007
Folsom, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpdude View Post
Pro Corder Express doesn't give that option...only 1920x1080. But no problem.
Procoder Express has various encoding options depending on how you navigate the dialog boxes: you should be able to do MPEG2-HD at 1440x1080 with full control over other settings if you get to the right place. I'm looking into this now and will be testing output compatibility with Adobe CS3.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:01 AM   #44

Jun 2006
Los Angeles
Default DVDit Pro HD version number used...

I have been on v6.3 [Build 631b04a] since late March 07. It is updated enough to recognize NFTS filesystems on volumes other than "C". I also use the "PS3 patch" so they play there as well as on my Sony BDP-S1. [The latter is a special version of the "MonteCarlo.dll" file]......
Old 11-19-2007, 10:57 AM   #45

Oct 2007

I have successfully burned a BD-RE disk and played it back on a Samsung BDP-1000 quite a few times now.

I used a Sony BWU-100 (with latest firmware update), and Cyberlink PowerProducer 3.7 and 4.1.

The Samsung BDP-1000 also has the latest firmware update.

Hope this is helpful,

TenEighty
Old 11-19-2007, 05:15 PM   #46

Jun 2006
Los Angeles

So....does your PowerProducer 4.1 project have menus (BDMV) or just projects without menus (BDAV)? I'd moved on to DVDit Pro HD and haven't kept up on Cyberlink updates.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray PCs, Laptops, Drives, Media and Software