Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Bourne: The Ultimate Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99

The Killing 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.52
18 hrs ago
The Green Planet 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.95
2 hrs ago
Dune 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00

No Time to Die 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00

Wild Things 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.99

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.49
18 hrs ago
X (Blu-ray)
$19.96
8 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99

Zack Snyder's Justice League 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Halloween Kills 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00

Maniac Cop 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60
4 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders

Old 11-22-2021, 08:57 PM   #1
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2016
Eastern Maryland
Default Help: Code E2000 Error, Region Free BDP S1700

I have a region-free BDP S1700 player and am constantly getting this when trying to eject a disc that I have inside. I've tried all the steps listed in the "The disc tray doesn't eject when I press the OPEN/CLOSE button" but nothing helps. In another help article on Sony's website I see it says:

Quote:
May occur if a disc isn't properly inserted or if there's a problem with the media being used causing the disc to be stuck.

Perform a system reset and then eject the disc.
Though, if I do this, will it mess up the region-free mod on my player? Or am I safe in doing a system reset? When I bought the player from 220 via their eBay storefront in February 2019 which has had no difficulties until now, it was a region-free player I assume via their modification. IDK what to do to get the disc I have inside out. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 11-22-2021, 10:41 PM   #2
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2016
Eastern Maryland

1st Update: It seems I was able to resolve this. I was able to press and hold Stop multiple times and it seemed to work. When I was doing it before I must have been doing it wrong:

Quote:
Immediately after POWER ON appears on the display, press the STOP button on the front of the player.
  • Only use the STOP button on the front of the Blu-ray Disc player. The remote control won't work for this operation.
  • The disc tray should eject and the Blu-ray Disc player will turn off. If it doesn't eject, repeat steps above.
  • It may be necessary to press the STOP button in the third step two or three times.

Last edited by StarDestroyer52; 11-23-2021 at 03:51 AM.
Old 11-23-2021, 04:41 AM   #3
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2016
Eastern Maryland

OK, it looks like my luck isn't going all too well and I think the player has failed. Earlier, when I was watching a disc, it started skipping before the player froze and restarted. When it restarted, my player showed this message

[Show spoiler]

Later, I would get the following message when trying to play a disc, even if there was no disc in the player when I press the Open/Close button on my remote. I rechecked my disc that I was playing when the player froze, and there were no scratches on it and this would show up even if there was no disc inside the player when I pressed the Open/Close button:

[Show spoiler]

I think the player failed because earlier today when I was trying to get my disc ejected, which I ultimately did get safely removed from the player after a few hours, it was making a lot of noise like the player was under strain. However, when the disc I was playing skipped and froze, the player made no sounds like it was straining, nor did it when I tried to insert a disc after it froze all that would happen is it would give me the message shown in Attachment 2.

At this point, IDK what is wrong with the player, but at this point it's probably easier just for me to buy another player than try to troubleshoot and diagnose whatever is wrong. It probably means I will be without Region B playback until I can get another player
Old 11-23-2021, 08:37 PM   #4
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Oct 2010
Wales

It doesn't sound good!
Old 11-23-2021, 10:04 PM   #5
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2016
Eastern Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
It doesn't sound good!
Yeah, it's a hot mess, and just a day after I got a new Region B set from Eureka. Oh well, I can get another player at the beginning of the month, and at least for now I still have plenty to watch with the Criterion and Arrow Channels + Hulu. I could put my PS3 or PS4 in my room so I could the least watch Region A BluRays until then, but it's a hassle to have to plug it in, more so I really don't want to do it right now.
Thanks given by:
chip75 (11-23-2021)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders