Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Watcher (Blu-ray)
$14.99
9 hrs ago
DC League of Super-Pets 4K (Blu-ray)
$32.99
1 day ago
The Halloween 4K Collection (Blu-ray)
$104.99

Interspecies Reviewers (Blu-ray)
$39.99
21 hrs ago
The Lost Boys 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99

The Return of the Living Dead 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Green Lantern: Beware My Power (Blu-ray)
$14.99
2 hrs ago
Downton Abbey: A New Era 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
5 hrs ago
Where the Crawdads Sing (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Lost Highway 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Phantasm 5 Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.99

The A-Team: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$63.49

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology

Old Yesterday, 07:33 PM   #37641
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2011
The Shady Rest Hotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panson View Post
I do like westerns, and have Open Range (2003) on a decent DVD.

Waiting for BD, which could be a long (Disney) wait.
Open Range is available on blu-ray in 7 other countries (U.K, Germany, France, Norway, Finland, Sweden, and Italy) and at very affordable prices. They are probably all Region B locked, so you need either a region free blu-ray player or the ability to rip the disc to your own server or computer.

This is the German one and it has English audio and subtitles:

Last edited by Vilya; Yesterday at 07:56 PM.
Thanks given by:
cheez avenger (Today), gotmule (Today)
Old Yesterday, 07:56 PM   #37642
Special Member

Feb 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
Open Range is available on blu-ray in 7 other countries (U.K, Germany, France, Norway, Finland, Sweden, and Italy) and at very affordable prices. They are probably all Region B locked, so you need either a region free blu-ray player or the ability to rip the disc to your own server or computer.

This is the German one and it has English subtitles:

Yes, thank you. Should've clarified--no Region A or region-free BD, which is what I need.
Old Yesterday, 09:38 PM   #37643
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2007
BJ's Wholesale Club

I tried the region trick on my Panasonic UB9000 the other day.

I have a Region 2 Blu Ray of The Big Blue.

Put in the disc and hit play ... it went back to the main menu. Hit Top Menu and I was at the disc main menu like it was nothing special.

In short .... it worked ! ... I don't have many region 2 blu rays (maybe only the one that I know works) but I can dig out lots of old Region 2 Dvds to try if I ever want to.
Thanks given by:
gotmule (Today)
Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM   #37644
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2011
The Shady Rest Hotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhampton View Post
I tried the region trick on my Panasonic UB9000 the other day.

I have a Region 2 Blu Ray of The Big Blue.

Put in the disc and hit play ... it went back to the main menu. Hit Top Menu and I was at the disc main menu like it was nothing special.

In short .... it worked ! ... I don't have many region 2 blu rays (maybe only the one that I know works) but I can dig out lots of old Region 2 Dvds to try if I ever want to.
I love that movie! I need to import the blu-ray as I only haz the DVD.

Just an fyi, Blu-rays have lettered regions: A, B, and C. The Big Blue is Region B.
DVDs have numerical codes: 0-9.

I'm glad that the Panny trick worked for you, but you should own a dedicated region free blu-ray player. They are very inexpensive and they play all DVDs with no need to switch from one region to another, but you do have to choose which blu-ray region you want to view as needed. I just set mine to Region B and forget about it. I use my main players for all Region A stuff. I have never encountered a Region C disc.
Old Today, 12:15 AM   #37645
Special Member

Feb 2010

Quote:

This is the German one and it has English audio and subtitles:

Maybe with the popularity of Costner in Yellowstone, there would be interest in finding a way to have it released here. I too have the dvd and always remembered the gunfight was dynamic as hell for back in the day.
Old Today, 06:13 AM   #37646
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchav21 View Post
Attachment 279864

I know all you guys like Westerns, well this one is one of the Best. It's on Sale for $5 on Vudu. Lots of other ones too!
I have the French import BD. It's a great film.
Thanks given by:
bhampton (Today)
Old Today, 11:00 AM   #37647
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2007
BJ's Wholesale Club

Quote:
I'm glad that the Panny trick worked for you, but you should own a dedicated region free blu-ray player. They are very inexpensive and they play all DVDs with no need to switch from one region to another, but you do have to choose which blu-ray region you want to view as needed. I just set mine to Region B and forget about it. I use my main players for all Region A stuff. I have never encountered a Region C disc.
Thank you, I may do that.

I rarely watch DVDs anymore with so much HD and UHD content available and I celebrate any of me existing DVDs that arrive on a better format. I have one of my favorite guilty pleasure films Earth Girls Are Easy pre-ordered on Blu Ray finally.

I also like to keep the theater system as simple as possible and currently I'm back to only 2 source components. My disc player and my streamer.

I would prefer to have the theater be for disc only and when my youngest leaves for collage next year maybe I'll set that up. Younger folks love the ease of streaming and don't care much about the quality.

Who knows, .... with streaming being the future and all maybe a high quality streaming will arrive by then. Apple music really surprized me when they upgraded all the online streaming to lossless audio and if they added lossless audio for video it would certainly inspire me to keep the ATV4K (or ATV8K) in the loop.

I put my own 40 TB media server system away for the moment. I found a few bugs in the playback of my Zidoo Z9X and after lots of time I realized the server wasn't capable of anything that I couldn't use the discs for directly.

I found the 4 NAS units which are almost full use 0.5KW and with current prices if I was still paying for electricity that would be $30 a month or enough to buy 2 full priced UHD BDs each month.

Thankfully, I haven't paid for electricity since installing solar panels but if I get more electric stuff (car for example) it could be an issue.

I've got lots of great stuff pre-odered and I'm happy so many great new titles are coming to disc. I woudn't mind at all if my disc player was my one and only source component. I figure I can watch streaming anywhere so no need to watch it on my system which is currently capable of much higher quality.

-B
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology