Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
4 hrs ago
Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$157.50
19 hrs ago
Happy Death Day 2U (Blu-ray)
$7.50
1 hr ago
World of Wong Kar Wai (Blu-ray)
$159.99

Groundhog Day 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
1 day ago
Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$81.99

Tenet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
5 hrs ago
Accepted (Blu-ray)
$8.99
1 day ago
Rick and Morty: Season 4 (Blu-ray)
$13.99

Love and Monsters 4K (Blu-ray)
$20.32

Wonder Woman 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
12 hrs ago
Come Play (Blu-ray)
$19.99
6 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Old 09-23-2009, 06:06 PM   #1
Expert Member

Dec 2008
Planet Vega
India/Bollywood Bollywood Blu-ray - EROS BD

Who authored EROS BDs. Those folks need to touch base with Sunny Shahran or Prasad Labs to get the specifications. This is really pathetic.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:31 PM   #2
Expert Member

Dec 2008
Planet Vega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bollywood Blu-ray View Post
all eros 4 new titles authoring was Done by ,

Digital Entertainment (P) Ltd
36, 2nd Floor, Heera Panna, Oshiwara, Andheri(w),
Mumbai-400053 India

Mr chandana

We had seen the quality and he was informed of our thoughts.....
Can you plz confirm with Mr. Chandana if the authoring was done directly from DI. I think it was not authored directly from DI and that's the issue, plus ask them not to include those cheesy EROS 480i intro's on a 1080p material. Really looks crappy and sub standard.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:46 PM   #3

Sep 2009

Have there been any reports of problems with any of these blu-rays? I got all four but Billu just shows me the warning label then hangs at a blank screen and won't start. The other three work fine. I'm using a Slim PS3 system.

Last edited by Yes Boss!; 09-23-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:24 AM   #4

Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes Boss! View Post
Have there been any reports of problems with any of these blu-rays? I got all four but Billu just shows me the warning label then hangs at a blank screen and won't start. The other three work fine. I'm using a Slim PS3 system.
You might need to update the firmware on your ps3 slim
since is four bluray aren't bd+
these are AACS mkb ver 14 which might need update on firmware or sometimes if u just jump or skip to menu might work
Old 09-24-2009, 02:43 AM   #5

Sep 2009

Yeah,

I'm updated on 3.01. My remote is dead after the initial screen. Can't even chapter or menu forward. What is strange is that the other three Eros DVDs work fine. I am on the new slim version of the PS3 that came out a few weeks ago so maybe the title wasn't tested on that machine. Anybody else playing Billu on Slim PS3?

Guess I'll contact nehaflix and see if I can get a replacement...not sure if they will do that.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:50 AM   #6
Expert Member

Dec 2008
Planet Vega

Quote:
Yeah,

I'm updated on 3.01. My remote is dead after the initial screen. Can't even chapter or menu forward. What is strange is that the other three Eros DVDs work fine. I am on the new slim version of the PS3 that came out a few weeks ago so maybe the title wasn't tested on that machine. Anybody else playing Billu on Slim PS3?

Guess I'll contact nehaflix and see if I can get a replacement...not sure if they will do that.
If I were you, I would return it and get a refund. Not worth it.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:18 AM   #7

Sep 2009

Quote:
same is happening for me too. it hangs on a black screen after the warning sign. i also got partner which works fine but billu barber doesnt work. i got it form nehaflix also.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:18 AM   #8

Sep 2009

Yeah,

Thinking a new one won't work either. It is a shame since Billu was the one of the four I was really interested in. I don't mind the PQ on these either...certainly much better than the original shitty discs. I've got all the bolly/tamil discs so I really do want this one in my collection.

Last edited by Yes Boss!; 09-24-2009 at 03:40 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:43 AM   #9
Expert Member

Dec 2008
Planet Vega

Quote:
Yeah,

Thinking a new one won't work either. It is a shame since Billu was the one of the four I was really interested in. I don't mind the PQ on these either...certainly much better than the original shitty discs. I've got all the bolly/tamil discs so I really do want this one in my collection.
Not worth it man shelling out $25 on this upconverted DVD print.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:49 AM   #10

Sep 2009

The quality is quite nice...and well worth it. I've got no problem with these titles. I really enjoy that they give a "play song" option finally.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:52 AM   #11
Expert Member

Dec 2008
Planet Vega

Quote:
The quality is quite nice...and well worth it. I've got no problem with these titles.
What quality is quite nice. What are you talking about man! Its the worst BD I have ever seen
Old 09-24-2009, 04:02 AM   #12

Sep 2009

Quality is nice for what it is. I'm not interested in stacking this up against other blu-ray discs. I'm comparing it to what I saw in the theater and the previous DVDs. Quite nice with that in mind. This is Eros, what do you expect from them? Seriously. It is not like OSO and Heyy Babyy were mind-blowing. Don't like, don't buy...but others might be fine with them.

I'll buy every title Eros puts out.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:04 AM   #13
Expert Member

Dec 2008
Planet Vega

Quote:
Quality is nice for what it is. I'm not interested in stacking this up against other blu-ray discs. I'm comparing it to what I saw in the theater and the previous DVDs. Quite nice with that in mind. This is Eros, what do you expect from them? Seriously. It is not like OSO and Heyy Babyy were mind-blowing. Don't like, don't buy...but others might be fine with them.

I'll buy every title Eros puts out.
you should definetly buy..good job...

Last edited by kailashu; 09-24-2009 at 05:08 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:32 PM   #14

Sep 2009

Yep,

Glad to be part of the problem, I guess. I buy all the blu-rays and the quality is certainly better than most hollywood DVDs. I'll buy all eleven YRF discs...blind.

Vote with your money...buy if you like (as I do), don't buy if you dislike. Not too difficult.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:28 PM   #15

Aug 2009
Scotland UK

I have seen Billu barber, Partner, Bhool Bhulaiya & New York on blu ray!

New york is the best from the lot! Clear crisp quality!

I thought the eros blu rays were of the same quality as Heyy Babyy and Om Shanti Om! In fact Billu Barber & Partner are better than Bhool Bhulaiyaa! Bhool Bhulaiyaa is the weakest!

But I can say that eros blu rays are not as good as New york & Jodhaa Akbar (French Release)

New york on the other hand is not your normal yash raj film, I just wish it was Veer Zaara or dhoom 2 that had been released first in order to appreciate the colours and the typical yash raj songs!

The best bollywood blu ray released till date is Saawariya ( I know it was a crap film) but the quality was awesome! New York & Jodhaa Akbar follow after Saawariya!

I will be buying 5/6 yash raj blu rays when they release in november! I just wish the forthcoming blu rays from Eros are of a yash raj standard!

Last edited by Munciple; 09-25-2009 at 01:56 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:36 PM   #16

Sep 2009

YessBoss,

did you get a reply back from nehaflix about the replacement of billu, because i still havent recieved a reply back from them.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:35 PM   #17

Oct 2009
Red face

Hello every one I am new to this forum and yes i am having same problem with Eros BD, i just bought all 4 blurays from Eros website, parter and munna bhai worked fine but billu and bhool bhoolaiyan would not play , i have two different sony bd players and firware fully updated but still these discs would not work , I called erosentertainment and the lady name Anita who attended my call said to send these both BDs back and she will send replacement back to me, but after reading every ones comments looks like i am going to have same crap again, so today i am calling eros again and ask for refund.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:34 AM   #18

Sep 2009
Central Perk
Send a message via MSN to Raul07

^ Yea they dont play in PowerDVD as well.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:33 AM   #19

Nov 2009

Yes I'm having the same problem with Bhool Bhulaiya it starts and hangs at a blank screen.......I think we should stop supporting Eros and wasting our money until they fix PQ,Sound and disc playback issues. It's not the player firmware issue.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:20 AM   #20

Dec 2009

i thk in other forum Ms.Chandana informed the BD processed from her comp would be better than Ayngaran's.....
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India