Best PS Vita Game Deals

Best PS Vita Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Aegis Of Earth: Protonovus Assault (PS Vita)
$29.99

Death Mark (PS Vita)
$39.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 12-31-2009, 02:13 AM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009
Orlando, FL GO GATORS
Default PSP + Digital Copy

What do I need to get a Windows Media file to work on my PSP? I have movies from my digital copy of Blu-Rays.

Thanks
Old 12-31-2009, 02:57 AM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007
AB, Canada PSNetwork: Rike255

Prepare to be sorely disappointed:

Digital Copy movies only really work when there's a PSP copy explicitly included (Many Sony movies, all Sony releases from now on).

Unfortunately, most other studios release digital copies for iTunes/PC (Windows Media Player). Neither of those will play on the PSP and the digital copy is copy protected, meaning you can't convert it to a format the PSP can read. (There is DRM remover you can buy. I tried a number of trial versions including Tunebite and they all "worked" but the movie was very choppy...unwatchable in fact...not sure if I did it wrong, just selected "PSP conversion").

It's EXTREMELY annoying.

On top of this, even WITH Sony digital copies here are all the problems I've run into:

- My old PSP I bought a memory stick pro duo adapter and 2 SD Micro cards (8GB each for total 16GB). Because of this Sony digital copies won't work on my old PSP memory stick. They think the card is fraudulent.
- Next I buy a PSP Go! Great it's got internal memory so I can FINALLY put all my Sony digital copies on. Well apparently you can't put the digital copy onto the internal 16GB storage. It HAS to go on an external memory card, meaning I have to buy extra (useless) memory that I already own.
- Next District 9 comes out. This movie uses a new procedure for copying to PSP (it doesn't have the same issue as above according to the digital copy card). Now I can copy it to my PS3 first using the Blu-Ray disc. Well I put in the District 9 code and it says "invalid". I email support, they give me another code..."invalid". I email them AGAIN, they give another code and say if it doesn't work to call. Of course it didn't so I call them. The rep says he's never seen anything like it, they have no idea why my digital copy won't go onto my PS3. There's nothing they can do.

I own 6 digital copy movies for my PSP, not 1 of them can go onto either of my 2 PSP's.

I hope your experience goes better, I've had nothing but problems and have more or less given up.

Last edited by Rike255; 12-31-2009 at 03:00 AM.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:44 AM   #3

Sep 2007

I agree, this is incredibly annoying.

I too purchased District 9 and was very happy at first to finally have a digital copy that could go on my PSP. But of course my code was invalid as well.

I believe its because we're both in Canada and its related to the fact that the PSN does not supply movie rental/purchases in our region yet.

Canada gets the shaft again.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:49 AM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Mirage View Post

I too purchased District 9 and was very happy at first to finally have a digital copy that could go on my PSP. But of course my code was invalid as well.

I believe its because we're both in Canada and its related to the fact that the PSN does not supply movie rental/purchases in our region yet.

Oh my god that's the problem? That's ridiculous! **** this, Sony Pictures is the worst, at least up until the damn video store their idiocy didn't affect my PS3 experience...now that's over too.

They didn't even know at customer support that being in Canada makes it not work and I spent hours with them trying to figure this crap out.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:23 AM   #5

Dec 2009
Canada
Canada

Quote:

Mine wouldn't work either and i'm in Canada aswell. I was really happy when I saw District 9 had this feature to copy to PSP, however than I got really frustarted when it wouldn't accept my code.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:40 AM   #6
Expert Member

Jun 2008
CoMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rike255 View Post
Oh my god that's the problem? That's ridiculous! **** this, Sony Pictures is the worst, at least up until the damn video store their idiocy didn't affect my PS3 experience...now that's over too.

They didn't even know at customer support that being in Canada makes it not work and I spent hours with them trying to figure this crap out.
Canadian or not, Sony really needs to do SOMETHING about a fix for PSPs so that they can view ALL Digital Copies. I bought a new memory card for the express purpose of putting a few 3gb movies on it, but found out there isn't anything that can "fix" the problems here in the U.S., either. Despite the number of techies on this site and the Playstation Underground, nobody has any idea (short of things a non-techie has no idea of how to do) to fix the big DC issue....
Old 12-31-2009, 05:09 AM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

I've been having ongoing talks with sony pictures support. I know nothing will come of it, but at least they know of the issues and that we are disappointed.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:54 AM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009
Orlando, FL GO GATORS

This stinks! I tried copying a digital copy to my ps3 and it says unsupported file and it's broken!

Thanks for all the input fellas, I appreciate it.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:57 PM   #9

Jan 2009
Default Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rike255 View Post
Prepare to be sorely disappointed:

Digital Copy movies only really work when there's a PSP copy explicitly included (Many Sony movies, all Sony releases from now on).

Unfortunately, most other studios release digital copies for iTunes/PC (Windows Media Player). Neither of those will play on the PSP and the digital copy is copy protected, meaning you can't convert it to a format the PSP can read. (There is DRM remover you can buy. I tried a number of trial versions including Tunebite and they all "worked" but the movie was very choppy...unwatchable in fact...not sure if I did it wrong, just selected "PSP conversion").

It's EXTREMELY annoying.

On top of this, even WITH Sony digital copies here are all the problems I've run into:

- My old PSP I bought a memory stick pro duo adapter and 2 SD Micro cards (8GB each for total 16GB). Because of this Sony digital copies won't work on my old PSP memory stick. They think the card is fraudulent.
- Next I buy a PSP Go! Great it's got internal memory so I can FINALLY put all my Sony digital copies on. Well apparently you can't put the digital copy onto the internal 16GB storage. It HAS to go on an external memory card, meaning I have to buy extra (useless) memory that I already own.
- Next District 9 comes out. This movie uses a new procedure for copying to PSP (it doesn't have the same issue as above according to the digital copy card). Now I can copy it to my PS3 first using the Blu-Ray disc. Well I put in the District 9 code and it says "invalid". I email support, they give me another code..."invalid". I email them AGAIN, they give another code and say if it doesn't work to call. Of course it didn't so I call them. The rep says he's never seen anything like it, they have no idea why my digital copy won't go onto my PS3. There's nothing they can do.

I own 6 digital copy movies for my PSP, not 1 of them can go onto either of my 2 PSP's.

I hope your experience goes better, I've had nothing but problems and have more or less given up.
Wow I am not the only one i was really excited to get D9 for the DC so i could watch on my psp and same problem you have isnt it just ridiculous how these things are setup so frustrating but i think the best thing we can do is to inendate sony and other studios with email stating our displeasure with this crap start a thread and see if we can get some support im sure others are tired of this too neway take her easy

Last edited by EaglesFan80012; 12-31-2009 at 10:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-01-2010, 01:55 AM   #10
Banned

Oct 2008
Maine

if any of you nice Canadians would like to share your inusable code with me that'd be great
Old 01-13-2010, 03:04 AM   #11

Jan 2010

cloudy with a chance of meatballs code for the digtal copy does not work either
i am also from canada

what can you do

oh well

unless some one has an idea

Last edited by luffy005; 01-13-2010 at 01:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-03-2010, 03:21 AM   #12

Sep 2007
Default Zombieland Digital Copy

Well, I just tried my Zombieland PSP digital copy code and surprise it doesn't work either. I am very updset at this and I don't even know who to complain to, the CRTC or Sony.

Very frustrating.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:37 PM   #13

Apr 2007
California

Quote:
Well, I just tried my Zombieland PSP digital copy code and surprise it doesn't work either. I am very updset at this and I don't even know who to complain to, the CRTC or Sony.

Very frustrating.
How did you enter the redemption code? The instruction states to download the Digital Copy via the PS3 if i remember correctly.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:17 PM   #14

Aug 2009

does anyone have a digital copy code for cloudy with a chance of meatballs that they don't want to use that i could have?
Old 02-13-2010, 03:31 PM   #15
Power Member

May 2007
NYC

Quote:

Very frustrating.
I had no problem with mine. There is two different codes. One for pc's with a DVD and then one for the blu-ray that you use on the ps3
Old 05-12-2010, 02:28 AM   #16
Special Member

Oct 2006
St. Louis, MO

is there a list of digital copies that work with PSP?

so far i've just got district 9 and zombieland
Old 05-12-2010, 08:34 PM   #17

Jan 2008

Does anyone have a PSP digital copy code for Zombieland that they're not going to use? I picked this up used the other day and would like to get the PSP digital copy. If someone is willing, please PM me.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:01 PM   #18
Special Member

Sep 2007
Scottsdale

I haven't done this, but can't you just take the digital copy file on your computer and change it into a divx file (with the appropriate program)?
Old 08-29-2011, 07:56 PM   #19

Sep 2010

Quote:

Very frustrating.
When redeeming the digital copy codes for the PSP digital copy of a movie, you need to enter the code 48 hours in advance because the PlayStation Store's clock is 3 hours ahead of the time that is displayed on any clocks or watches inside the house.

If you wait until the day before the expiration date of the PSP digital copy, the digital copy will not download. I know this because I had this problem with the PSP digital copy of 2012.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable