Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rampage (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$14.96
5 hrs ago
The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
 
Chappaquiddick (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
The House of the Devil (Blu-ray)
$8.99
 
Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00
 
Venom 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
A Quiet Place (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
The Equalizer 2 (Blu-ray)
$26.34
1 hr ago
Mission: Impossible - Fallout (Blu-ray)
$19.99
5 hrs ago
The Martian (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Oculus (Blu-ray)
$6.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 04:24 AM   #1
Rob71 Rob71 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Rob71's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Florida
13
295
5
Default Rob71's Theater/Media Room

I finally got around to throwing up a few pics. I still have a lot to do, mostly paint and additional cabinetry. It's been a slow process, but I thought I'd start a thread and maybe light a fire to get things finished.

My current equipment:

TV: Samsung LN-T4042H
Receiver: Yamaha RX-V661
Blu-ray player: PS3 60GB
Speakers: Polk RTi8's front / CSi3 center / FXi3's rear
Sub: Velodyne DPS-10
Extras: AT&T HD DVR / Roku Netflix Player

1.JPG

2.JPG

4.JPG

Last edited by Rob71; 02-17-2010 at 10:07 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:25 AM   #2
STARKILLER--1138 STARKILLER--1138 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jan 2008
Default

Looking nice! It is going to make a "killer" horror room.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:03 PM   #3
Rob71 Rob71 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Rob71's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Florida
13
295
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Louie View Post
Looking nice! It is going to make a "killer" horror room.
Thanks, I have the crown to put up and another set of cabinets along the back wall. Then I can spray everything(ceiling, crown, shelf, cabinets, entertainment center, floor/door trim) black. I may change the wall color, haven't made my mind up on that yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:23 PM   #4
SDon1969 SDon1969 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
SDon1969's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Massachusetts
32
745
1
1
Default

Lookin' good, Rob!

What's that collectible next to Hannibal, is that the Wishmaster?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:29 PM   #5
Rob71 Rob71 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Rob71's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Florida
13
295
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDon1969 View Post
Lookin' good, Rob!

What's that collectible next to Hannibal, is that the Wishmaster?
Correct. I am still amazed at the detail they put into these figures. Mine are all the 8" ones, Except for Pumkinhead which is 18" and the Chucky doll which is 12"-14".
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:46 PM   #6
My_Two_Cents My_Two_Cents is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
My_Two_Cents's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Wherever I may roam....
40
490
19
1
4
Default

Cool collection, Rob. Question: I realize colors don't look the same in photos, but baby-shit brown on the walls?

You need to build a custom cabinet for your TV and AV gear (and I imagine it will be awesome when you do). Or have you, and you just aren't showing it?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:08 PM   #7
Rob71 Rob71 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Rob71's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Florida
13
295
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricshoe View Post
Cool collection, Rob. Question: I realize colors don't look the same in photos, but baby-shit brown on the walls?

You need to build a custom cabinet for your TV and AV gear (and I imagine it will be awesome when you do). Or have you, and you just aren't showing it?
The color is coming out a little darker in the pictures, the color is called Papyrus, but I really need to change it. The room used to be my Aquarium room. I had a 125 gal and a 75 gal. The room was done up "Hawiian style". Bamboo trim, Tiki's hanging on the wall, I even made a Tiki table. But then Blu-ray came out.

I built a stand, but I can't find a good shot of it, I know I took more pictures, I just have to find them. I had a "mishap" with my camera. On a fishing trip it went overboard... in my pocket.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:10 PM   #8
Hammie Hammie is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Hammie's Avatar
 
May 2008
Washington, DC Metro
53
545
12
10
Default

Looks good!

Looking forward to seeing the progress as it transforms into the HT room you desire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:14 PM   #9
My_Two_Cents My_Two_Cents is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
My_Two_Cents's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Wherever I may roam....
40
490
19
1
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob71 View Post
I had a "mishap" with my camera. On a fishing trip it went overboard... in my pocket.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:26 PM   #10
talstarone talstarone is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
talstarone's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
Clayton, North Carolina
88
363
3
54
Default

Love the Room.
The custom Shelving and Cabinetry is Exceptional
.

Not to mention,that anyone with the full DVD Collection of all 5 Seasons of Babylon 5.
Then Adds the Complete Collection of the
Original 1978/1979 Series of Battlestar Galactica
(along with a Great Line-Up of Si-Fi,Horror,
and General Movies and TV Series
)


Has Exceptional Taste in What they Watch.
And also what they Use to Provide the Thrilling Theater Surround Sound Effect(With Both Polk Audio Speakers and a Yamaha AVR).

I look forward to following your Progress,in transforming a
Wonderful Foundation into the Home Theater You are Looking to Achieve.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:43 PM   #11
Fors* Fors* is offline
Moderator
 
Fors*'s Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Positioning myself in front of the crease, getting slashed behind the knees by Billy Smith! :(
145
130
11
Default

Great job in there Rob........Lil' Louie is right about being a great horror room.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:47 PM   #12
Rob71 Rob71 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Rob71's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Florida
13
295
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricshoe View Post
Thought you'd get a kick out of that, and even I can laugh about it now.

I also found a better shot of my TV stand. It's an older shot, and I've since put a back panel on it to hide the wiring a little better. And I also policed the wiring a little better also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talstarone View Post
Love the Room.
The custom Shelving and Cabinetry is Exceptional
.

Not to mention,that anyone with the full DVD Collection of all 5 Seasons of Babylon 5.
Then Adds the Complete Collection of the
Original 1978/1979 Series of Battlestar Galactica
(along with a Great Line-Up of Si-Fi,Horror,
and General Movies and TV Series
)


Has Exceptional Taste in What they Watch.
And also what they Use to Provide the Thrilling Theater Surround Sound Effect(With Both Polk Audio Speakers and a Yamaha AVR).

I look forward to following your Progress,in transforming a
Wonderful Foundation into the Home Theater You are Looking to Achieve.
Thanks. I love wood working and hope to add a few more cabinets, and possibly add an in-wall component rack in the future. I am also re-watching Babylon 5 an episode or two a day. Just starting season 3. It's amazing the pacing and writing J. Michael Straczynski did to set-up seasons 4 and 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fors* View Post
Great job in there Rob........Lil' Louie is right about being a great horror room.
Thanks alot.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:51 PM   #13
My_Two_Cents My_Two_Cents is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
My_Two_Cents's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Wherever I may roam....
40
490
19
1
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob71 View Post
I also found a better shot of my TV stand. It's an older shot, and I've since put a back panel on it to hide the wiring a little better. And I also policed the wiring a little better also.
Nice!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:53 PM   #14
SeanMF SeanMF is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
SeanMF's Avatar
 
Apr 2007
Iowa
70
1428
2
83
Default

Looks good Rob. I agree on changing the color in the room though. It just doesn't seem fitting. Good job though regardless!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:41 PM   #15
Rob71 Rob71 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Rob71's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Florida
13
295
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMF View Post
Looks good Rob. I agree on changing the color in the room though. It just doesn't seem fitting. Good job though regardless!
I'll repaint eventually, even though the colors coming through a little wierd in the pictures. I plan on using an eggshell or flat, not sure on the color though. Maybe a lighter brown/tan or a red/burgundy. I'll probably wait until I get all the black done to see how dark the room becomes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:25 AM   #16
Rob71 Rob71 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Rob71's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Florida
13
295
5
Default

The next project will more than likely be installing the crown and door trim. This will be a dedicated theater room(with projector eventually) so the question is has anyone painted their ceiling black? I am going to paint all my cabinets, shelves, TV stand, door and base trim black. I'm considering just painting the crown and ceiling black also, but am a little gunshy. Mainly looking for opinions and any first hand accounts. Any regrets after the change?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:52 AM   #17
SeanMF SeanMF is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
SeanMF's Avatar
 
Apr 2007
Iowa
70
1428
2
83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob71 View Post
The next project will more than likely be installing the crown and door trim. This will be a dedicated theater room(with projector eventually) so the question is has anyone painted their ceiling black? I am going to paint all my cabinets, shelves, TV stand, door and base trim black. I'm considering just painting the crown and ceiling black also, but am a little gunshy. Mainly looking for opinions and any first hand accounts. Any regrets after the change?
Since I'm currently renting I have black curtains and black sheets (on the ceiling...going to add acoustic foam black panels to cover the sheets) and it makes all the difference. I did half my room enclosed in black for my projector setup (check my ht gallery) and it did the job. I didn't want the whole room black as it felt like a dungeon. I'd have it painted if I wasn't renting the place. Go for a dark grey and ceiling black. That's my recommendation colorwise for a ht room.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:21 AM   #18
talstarone talstarone is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
talstarone's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
Clayton, North Carolina
88
363
3
54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob71 View Post
Thanks. I love wood working and hope to add a few more cabinets, and possibly add an in-wall component rack in the future. I am also re-watching Babylon 5 an episode or two a day. Just starting season 3. It's amazing the pacing and writing J. Michael Straczynski did to set-up seasons 4 and 5.



Thanks alot.
I think Season Three may be my Favorite Season from beginning to end.
There only seems to be a couple of episodes that dont contribute to the build up of the Coming of the Shadows(and reveiling just what the Vorlons are).

All while prepping things back on Earth for another Great Quest after the encounters with the First One and all the remaining First Races finally end.

I really want to get all the TV Movies that they made for that show(Which are available on DVD).

Just a shame Crusade never took off,so to speak.
I think,much like B5,if given the time.After using Season One to set everything up;the following Seasons would be simply Amazing.
But I suppose we will Never Know.

Its great finding another B5 Fan.

And your Room and System have a Lot of Charecter and Soul in its appearance.

You have done an amazing job.
Just wish you lived about an hour away.
I would love to pay you to make my closet into a Media Center/Collectible Display Area.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:54 PM   #19
Rob71 Rob71 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Rob71's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Florida
13
295
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMF View Post
Since I'm currently renting I have black curtains and black sheets (on the ceiling...going to add acoustic foam black panels to cover the sheets) and it makes all the difference. I did half my room enclosed in black for my projector setup (check my ht gallery) and it did the job. I didn't want the whole room black as it felt like a dungeon. I'd have it painted if I wasn't renting the place. Go for a dark grey and ceiling black. That's my recommendation colorwise for a ht room.
Thanks for the help. Going that dark is a big commitment, but I think it will pay off in the end. I may also take your advice with the grey. I was thinking a red or maroon, mainly because thats what a lot of the theaters around me have. But grey may be the way to go. If I do, you'll get the credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talstarone View Post
I think Season Three may be my Favorite Season from beginning to end.
There only seems to be a couple of episodes that dont contribute to the build up of the Coming of the Shadows(and reveiling just what the Vorlons are).

All while prepping things back on Earth for another Great Quest after the encounters with the First One and all the remaining First Races finally end.

I really want to get all the TV Movies that they made for that show(Which are available on DVD).

Just a shame Crusade never took off,so to speak.
I think,much like B5,if given the time.After using Season One to set everything up;the following Seasons would be simply Amazing.

But I suppose we will Never Know.

Its great finding another B5 Fan.

And your Room and System have a Lot of Charecter and Soul in its appearance.

You have done an amazing job.
Just wish you lived about an hour away.
I would love to pay you to make my closet into a Media Center/Collectible Display Area.
I am planning on getting the movie set, just waiting on Best Buy to have another sale. I got the seasons for $20 each. Will also be getting Crusade, really wish they had given it a chance. As far as your Media Center, just give me an idea what you are looking for and I'll bounce some ideas off of you. I'll also be doing a closet equipment rack and will post up pics when I begin.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:26 PM   #20
Rob71 Rob71 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Rob71's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Florida
13
295
5
Default

Opinions needed.

I'm going to be installing the crown soon and want a few opinions. Would crown run straight to the corners be better looking or would using a corner block like this be better?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg crownmoldingcorners-main_Full.jpg (27.4 KB, 10 views)
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
New Media Room Build! Home Theater Galleries EMAGDNIM 25 08-02-2012 08:46 PM
Scooby Blu's Media Room !! Home Theater Galleries Scooby Blu 35 04-07-2011 10:28 PM
Footloose301's Theater Room and Bedroom Theater Home Theater Galleries Footloose301 4 02-12-2010 03:58 PM
Help me build my new media room! Home Theater General Discussion Sylin 49 02-19-2009 03:10 AM
Thoughts on Sound Proofing a Media Room? Home Theater General Discussion krizzz 15 04-04-2008 01:08 AM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:52 AM.