Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rampage (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$14.96
5 hrs ago
The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Chappaquiddick (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The House of the Devil (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00

Venom 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

A Quiet Place (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Equalizer 2 (Blu-ray)
$26.34
1 hr ago
Mission: Impossible - Fallout (Blu-ray)
$19.99
5 hrs ago
The Martian (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Oculus (Blu-ray)
$6.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries

Old 02-17-2010, 04:24 AM   #1
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
Florida
Default Rob71's Theater/Media Room

I finally got around to throwing up a few pics. I still have a lot to do, mostly paint and additional cabinetry. It's been a slow process, but I thought I'd start a thread and maybe light a fire to get things finished.

My current equipment:

TV: Samsung LN-T4042H
Receiver: Yamaha RX-V661
Blu-ray player: PS3 60GB
Speakers: Polk RTi8's front / CSi3 center / FXi3's rear
Sub: Velodyne DPS-10
Extras: AT&T HD DVR / Roku Netflix Player

1.JPG

2.JPG

4.JPG

Last edited by Rob71; 02-17-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:25 AM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2008

Looking nice! It is going to make a "killer" horror room.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:03 PM   #3
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Louie View Post
Looking nice! It is going to make a "killer" horror room.
Thanks, I have the crown to put up and another set of cabinets along the back wall. Then I can spray everything(ceiling, crown, shelf, cabinets, entertainment center, floor/door trim) black. I may change the wall color, haven't made my mind up on that yet.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:23 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Massachusetts

Lookin' good, Rob!

What's that collectible next to Hannibal, is that the Wishmaster?
Old 02-17-2010, 12:29 PM   #5
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDon1969 View Post
Lookin' good, Rob!

What's that collectible next to Hannibal, is that the Wishmaster?
Correct. I am still amazed at the detail they put into these figures. Mine are all the 8" ones, Except for Pumkinhead which is 18" and the Chucky doll which is 12"-14".
Old 02-17-2010, 01:46 PM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Wherever I may roam....

Cool collection, Rob. Question: I realize colors don't look the same in photos, but baby-shit brown on the walls?

You need to build a custom cabinet for your TV and AV gear (and I imagine it will be awesome when you do). Or have you, and you just aren't showing it?
Old 02-17-2010, 02:08 PM   #7
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricshoe View Post
Cool collection, Rob. Question: I realize colors don't look the same in photos, but baby-shit brown on the walls?

You need to build a custom cabinet for your TV and AV gear (and I imagine it will be awesome when you do). Or have you, and you just aren't showing it?
The color is coming out a little darker in the pictures, the color is called Papyrus, but I really need to change it. The room used to be my Aquarium room. I had a 125 gal and a 75 gal. The room was done up "Hawiian style". Bamboo trim, Tiki's hanging on the wall, I even made a Tiki table. But then Blu-ray came out.

I built a stand, but I can't find a good shot of it, I know I took more pictures, I just have to find them. I had a "mishap" with my camera. On a fishing trip it went overboard... in my pocket.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:10 PM   #8
Blu-ray Champion

May 2008
Washington, DC Metro

Looks good!

Looking forward to seeing the progress as it transforms into the HT room you desire.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:14 PM   #9
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Wherever I may roam....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob71 View Post
I had a "mishap" with my camera. On a fishing trip it went overboard... in my pocket.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:26 PM   #10
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009
Clayton, North Carolina

Love the Room.
The custom Shelving and Cabinetry is Exceptional

Not to mention,that anyone with the full DVD Collection of all 5 Seasons of Babylon 5.
Then Adds the Complete Collection of the
Original 1978/1979 Series of Battlestar Galactica
(along with a Great Line-Up of Si-Fi,Horror,
and General Movies and TV Series
)

Has Exceptional Taste in What they Watch.
And also what they Use to Provide the Thrilling Theater Surround Sound Effect(With Both Polk Audio Speakers and a Yamaha AVR).

I look forward to following your Progress,in transforming a
Wonderful Foundation into the Home Theater You are Looking to Achieve.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:43 PM   #11

Jan 2009
Positioning myself in front of the crease, getting slashed behind the knees by Billy Smith! :(

Great job in there Rob........Lil' Louie is right about being a great horror room.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:47 PM   #12
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricshoe View Post
Thought you'd get a kick out of that, and even I can laugh about it now.

I also found a better shot of my TV stand. It's an older shot, and I've since put a back panel on it to hide the wiring a little better. And I also policed the wiring a little better also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talstarone View Post
Love the Room.
The custom Shelving and Cabinetry is Exceptional

Not to mention,that anyone with the full DVD Collection of all 5 Seasons of Babylon 5.
Then Adds the Complete Collection of the
Original 1978/1979 Series of Battlestar Galactica
(along with a Great Line-Up of Si-Fi,Horror,
and General Movies and TV Series
)

Has Exceptional Taste in What they Watch.
And also what they Use to Provide the Thrilling Theater Surround Sound Effect(With Both Polk Audio Speakers and a Yamaha AVR).

I look forward to following your Progress,in transforming a
Wonderful Foundation into the Home Theater You are Looking to Achieve.
Thanks. I love wood working and hope to add a few more cabinets, and possibly add an in-wall component rack in the future. I am also re-watching Babylon 5 an episode or two a day. Just starting season 3. It's amazing the pacing and writing J. Michael Straczynski did to set-up seasons 4 and 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fors* View Post
Great job in there Rob........Lil' Louie is right about being a great horror room.
Thanks alot.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:51 PM   #13
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Wherever I may roam....

Quote:
I also found a better shot of my TV stand. It's an older shot, and I've since put a back panel on it to hide the wiring a little better. And I also policed the wiring a little better also.
Nice!
Old 02-17-2010, 02:53 PM   #14
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2007
Iowa

Looks good Rob. I agree on changing the color in the room though. It just doesn't seem fitting. Good job though regardless!
Old 02-17-2010, 04:41 PM   #15
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMF View Post
Looks good Rob. I agree on changing the color in the room though. It just doesn't seem fitting. Good job though regardless!
I'll repaint eventually, even though the colors coming through a little wierd in the pictures. I plan on using an eggshell or flat, not sure on the color though. Maybe a lighter brown/tan or a red/burgundy. I'll probably wait until I get all the black done to see how dark the room becomes.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:25 AM   #16
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
Florida

The next project will more than likely be installing the crown and door trim. This will be a dedicated theater room(with projector eventually) so the question is has anyone painted their ceiling black? I am going to paint all my cabinets, shelves, TV stand, door and base trim black. I'm considering just painting the crown and ceiling black also, but am a little gunshy. Mainly looking for opinions and any first hand accounts. Any regrets after the change?
Old 02-19-2010, 01:52 AM   #17
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2007
Iowa

Quote:
The next project will more than likely be installing the crown and door trim. This will be a dedicated theater room(with projector eventually) so the question is has anyone painted their ceiling black? I am going to paint all my cabinets, shelves, TV stand, door and base trim black. I'm considering just painting the crown and ceiling black also, but am a little gunshy. Mainly looking for opinions and any first hand accounts. Any regrets after the change?
Since I'm currently renting I have black curtains and black sheets (on the ceiling...going to add acoustic foam black panels to cover the sheets) and it makes all the difference. I did half my room enclosed in black for my projector setup (check my ht gallery) and it did the job. I didn't want the whole room black as it felt like a dungeon. I'd have it painted if I wasn't renting the place. Go for a dark grey and ceiling black. That's my recommendation colorwise for a ht room.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:21 AM   #18
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009
Clayton, North Carolina

Quote:
Thanks. I love wood working and hope to add a few more cabinets, and possibly add an in-wall component rack in the future. I am also re-watching Babylon 5 an episode or two a day. Just starting season 3. It's amazing the pacing and writing J. Michael Straczynski did to set-up seasons 4 and 5.

Thanks alot.
I think Season Three may be my Favorite Season from beginning to end.
There only seems to be a couple of episodes that dont contribute to the build up of the Coming of the Shadows(and reveiling just what the Vorlons are).

All while prepping things back on Earth for another Great Quest after the encounters with the First One and all the remaining First Races finally end.

I really want to get all the TV Movies that they made for that show(Which are available on DVD).

Just a shame Crusade never took off,so to speak.
I think,much like B5,if given the time.After using Season One to set everything up;the following Seasons would be simply Amazing.
But I suppose we will Never Know.

Its great finding another B5 Fan.

And your Room and System have a Lot of Charecter and Soul in its appearance.

You have done an amazing job.
Just wish you lived about an hour away.
I would love to pay you to make my closet into a Media Center/Collectible Display Area.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:54 PM   #19
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMF View Post
Since I'm currently renting I have black curtains and black sheets (on the ceiling...going to add acoustic foam black panels to cover the sheets) and it makes all the difference. I did half my room enclosed in black for my projector setup (check my ht gallery) and it did the job. I didn't want the whole room black as it felt like a dungeon. I'd have it painted if I wasn't renting the place. Go for a dark grey and ceiling black. That's my recommendation colorwise for a ht room.
Thanks for the help. Going that dark is a big commitment, but I think it will pay off in the end. I may also take your advice with the grey. I was thinking a red or maroon, mainly because thats what a lot of the theaters around me have. But grey may be the way to go. If I do, you'll get the credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talstarone View Post
I think Season Three may be my Favorite Season from beginning to end.
There only seems to be a couple of episodes that dont contribute to the build up of the Coming of the Shadows(and reveiling just what the Vorlons are).

All while prepping things back on Earth for another Great Quest after the encounters with the First One and all the remaining First Races finally end.

I really want to get all the TV Movies that they made for that show(Which are available on DVD).

Just a shame Crusade never took off,so to speak.
I think,much like B5,if given the time.After using Season One to set everything up;the following Seasons would be simply Amazing.

But I suppose we will Never Know.

Its great finding another B5 Fan.

And your Room and System have a Lot of Charecter and Soul in its appearance.

You have done an amazing job.
Just wish you lived about an hour away.
I would love to pay you to make my closet into a Media Center/Collectible Display Area.
I am planning on getting the movie set, just waiting on Best Buy to have another sale. I got the seasons for $20 each. Will also be getting Crusade, really wish they had given it a chance. As far as your Media Center, just give me an idea what you are looking for and I'll bounce some ideas off of you. I'll also be doing a closet equipment rack and will post up pics when I begin.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:26 PM   #20
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
Florida

Opinions needed.

I'm going to be installing the crown soon and want a few opinions. Would crown run straight to the corners be better looking or would using a corner block like this be better?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg crownmoldingcorners-main_Full.jpg (27.4 KB, 10 views)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries