Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.96
9 hrs ago
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Godzilla vs. Kong 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99

Dragonheart: 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The New Mutants 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.27
49 min ago
Godzilla vs. Kong (Blu-ray)
$34.99
1 day ago
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.49

The Father (Blu-ray)
$21.99

Saving Silverman (Blu-ray)
$13.29

Dead & Buried 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.99

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Nobody 4K (Blu-ray)
$30.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 05-14-2011, 02:52 PM   #141
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baraka X View Post
All will see a proper release of Buio Omega. Complete, properly framed, and from the Super 16 negatives!
When will you announce your next release? I got Alien 2 last week and I must say its a stunning release! Good job! The PQ is amazing, and although the movie is stupid it was still better than I feared, and an awesome curiosity to have in my collection.. I want to own a whole shelf of these movies with matching spines..

How many BD's are you planning on releasing a year?
Old 05-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #142

Mar 2010
Netherlands

Quote:
All will see a proper release of Buio Omega. Complete, properly framed, and from the Super 16 negatives!
Would this be ML #2?
Old 05-14-2011, 03:04 PM   #143

Mar 2009

@Baraka

So you guys are actually working on it?
I just wonder, because doesn't MB still have the rights in NA?
Old 05-14-2011, 03:29 PM   #144

Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiShuryou View Post
@Baraka

So you guys are actually working on it?
I just wonder, because doesn't MB still have the rights in NA?
The rights expire very soon.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:32 PM   #145

Mar 2009

Great news, how about the rights of Zombie Holocaust and Burial Ground?
I would love to see those two getting the ML treatment as well.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:42 PM   #146

Nov 2007

The new update has MB saying that it's uncut as a frame by frame analysis was done and that there is no way 25 seconds is missing. Unreal that they really have no clue!!!
Old 05-14-2011, 03:42 PM   #147

Aug 2010

Quote:
The rights expire very soon.
No they do not I renewed them all. How is that next release coming? Alien 2 rocks! Can not find it anywhere but a few onlne places.

Last edited by jsirabella; 05-14-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:51 PM   #148

Aug 2010

Quote:
The new update has MB saying that it's uncut as a frame by frame analysis was done and that there is no way 25 seconds is missing. Unreal that they really have no clue!!!
Dolp so when will you release buio omega, burial ground and zh?
Old 05-14-2011, 04:07 PM   #149

Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsirabella View Post
Never said anything about the other 2, but Buio is definitely cut. More qc in titles, less time making false claims about completeness of releases. As a few more people get the disc, more will confirm what is missing.

I guess we'll see in the next few days. In the meantime, it might be a good idea to double check it yourself.

It's cut!
Old 05-14-2011, 04:07 PM   #150

Aug 2010

Quote:
Just to give you a clue Dolp, it is called a different opening sequence. This was the one on the negative and not the IP we used for the DVD release. We included the DVD so you get both opening sequences.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #151

Aug 2010

Quote:
Never said anything about the other 2, but Buio is definitely cut. More qc in titles, less time making false claims about completeness of releases. As a few more people get the disc, more will confirm what is missing.

I guess we'll see in the next few days. In the meantime, it might be a good idea to double check it yourself.

It's cut!
Different opening sequence. We went back to the negative and made a new IP and than did the transfer. The IP used for the DVD had too much damage so we spent the extra money to get the new IP which took all the extra time.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:33 PM   #152

Nov 2007

"Different opening" or not, footage is still missing when compared to all previous versions.

If footage was damaged, it should have been reinstated from an alternate source, not just left off. Also, to clue you in John, the only alternate opening has black footage instead of the majority of the opening van ride. The missing footage has been included on EVERY release this film has seen, including the cut US tape here titled Buried Alive.

Cut is cut!

Last edited by Baraka X; 05-14-2011 at 05:17 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:44 PM   #153
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
Denmark

Quote:
Different opening sequence. We went back to the negative and made a new IP and than did the transfer. The IP used for the DVD had too much damage so we spent the extra money to get the new IP which took all the extra time.
That makes sense.. Why is this available only at a few places?
Old 05-14-2011, 05:03 PM   #154
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2007
Mpls, MN

I assume the opening sequence is the only portion missing footage? I read recently on IMDB.com that the opening is different depending on which film print is out there.

Also the guy's link who first brought up the issue also points out that the title is incorrect, yet this film has been know as "Beyond the Darkness" in the US for a long period of time. I guess he was expecting a foreign title card?
Old 05-14-2011, 05:11 PM   #155
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008
R-Point

Quote:
Hey, John, why don't you release your movies on time and give us quality releases instead of the junk quality like the Blu-ray for Ichi the Killer? You made us wait almost a year for Buio Omega. That's ridiculous and you should be ashamed.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:21 PM   #156

Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowellPressburger View Post
I assume the opening sequence is the only portion missing footage? I read recently on IMDB.com that the opening is different depending on which film print is out there.

Also the guy's link who first brought up the issue also points out that the title is incorrect, yet this film has been know as "Beyond the Darkness" in the US for a long period of time. I guess he was expecting a foreign title card?
The true title is Buio Omega, which is what would be on the negative, not Beyond The Darkness. The opening credits are in English and not newly created, giving much weight to the fact that this release was not sourced from the original Super 16 negative. The grain structure also lends to this arguement as the grain is minor, which is impossible for Super 16 filmstock.

I find it funny that some people still rationalize cuts in ANY fashion.

Dolph
Old 05-14-2011, 06:05 PM   #157
Banned

Jul 2009

I really don't think we should trust anything this "Dolph" guy has to say. He obviously has an agenda and has a really bad reputation else where.

We should probalby wait for the DVDBeaver review or something before people jump to conclusions on what is actually going on here.

Last edited by J-Syxx; 05-14-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:06 PM   #158

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoEastwood View Post
Hey, John, why don't you release your movies on time and give us quality releases instead of the junk quality like the Blu-ray for Ichi the Killer? You made us wait almost a year for Buio Omega. That's ridiculous and you should be ashamed.
I agree Ichi the Killer sucked! When I screw up I can fess up. But I will fix it. I went back to Hong Kong and told them to do a new transfer. They supplied us HD masters and we had it done out of house as we did not have the equipment. Now we do. I will get a new supervised transfer as I am trying to use Bey Logan out there to work with them. I will do a trade-in.

Now for Beyond the Darkness, the year delay was cause of Italy. I mean it. They gave us three transfers and they all were pretty bad. We found out they were using a CRI as there equipment could not handle 16mm film as you will get all the cuts and splices. We went to their IP and it was not great so we than had to create a new IP and do the transfer. If the film is shot 35mm than you are fine with the equipment but for 16mm it does not work.

Now as for the opening sequence, that was on the negative. There were different opening sequences and credits depending on the materials you look. We could have tried to splice in inferior footage but it would look like crap. On a blu-ray I can not do that, DVD like zombi 3, ok but not a blu ray. Infact we will be announcing zombi 3 soon and I know some of those scenes we got on vhs will not be there. We will have to deal with it.

-js
Old 05-14-2011, 06:09 PM   #159

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Syxx View Post
I really don't think we should trust anything this "Dolph" guy has to say. He obviously has an agenda, and has a really bad reputation else where.

We should probalby wait for the DVDBeaver review or something before people jump to conclusions on what is actually going on here.
Dolph is a hater for MB and Shriek Show. He uses the mask of "I only care about the films" but he wants to license our films as he worked for me in the past and still pissed off.

I do admit though he loves these films but the hater stuff I do not get.

-js

Last edited by jsirabella; 05-14-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:16 PM   #160

Aug 2010

Quote:
"Different opening" or not, footage is still missing when compared to all previous versions.

If footage was damaged, it should have been reinstated from an alternate source, not just left off. Also, to clue you in John, the only alternate opening has black footage instead of the majority of the opening van ride. The missing footage has been included on EVERY release this film has seen, including the cut US tape here titled Buried Alive.

Cut is cut!
Your cut, cut scream is simple hater speach. You always wanted to license these film, you worked for me and you keep telling folks how you will release our films eventually. Let it go man.

-js

Last edited by jsirabella; 05-14-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America