Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Peter Pan (Blu-ray)
$11.65
14 hrs ago
A Quiet Place (Blu-ray)
$8.98

Lady and the Tramp (Blu-ray)
$13.10
11 hrs ago
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (Blu-ray)
$8.79
20 hrs ago
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Blu-ray)
$14.75
19 hrs ago
Coco (Blu-ray)
$14.74

Moana (Blu-ray)
$13.46
17 hrs ago
Avengers: Infinity War 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.34
21 hrs ago
Ant-Man and the Wasp 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.17
21 hrs ago
Finding Nemo (Blu-ray)
$13.49
11 hrs ago
Wreck-It Ralph 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.34

Tomb Raider (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Region C

Old 08-16-2010, 08:44 PM   #61
Expert Member

Feb 2008
great britain
Send a message via MSN to johndoyle123

when can we expect stalker and solaris

im rubbing my hands in anticipation
Old 09-01-2010, 04:27 AM   #62

Nov 2007

Hello. Just curious, does anybody know about how long it takes to get this disc from Kniga? It's been about three weeks and I'm starting to worry a little bit. On my order page, it says "Собран на складе", which seems to translate as "in stock." Doesn't say anything about shipping, though. A co-worker translated a letter for me that had my address. I never got a reply or a shipping confirmation, although my CC has been charged. Should I write to Kniga and inquire about the status?

Thanks.

Last edited by flashback8; 09-01-2010 at 04:31 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:18 AM   #63
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashback8 View Post
Hello. Just curious, does anybody know about how long it takes to get this disc from Kniga? It's been about three weeks and I'm starting to worry a little bit. On my order page, it says "Собран на складе", which seems to translate as "in stock." Doesn't say anything about shipping, though. A co-worker translated a letter for me that had my address. I never got a reply or a shipping confirmation, although my CC has been charged. Should I write to Kniga and inquire about the status?

Thanks.
Hello flashback8,

Firstly, I would wait at least another week before doing anything; my discs took about three weeks, but that was in Spring and early Summer. If, after the fourth week the order still has not arrived, I would enlist your co-worker (if she/he doesn't mind), to communicate with zakaz@kniga.ru in Russian on your behalf, as Kniga are only semi-responsive to English at best.

Best,
McCrutchy
Old 09-01-2010, 06:16 AM   #64

Feb 2010
Saint-Petersburg, Russia

flashback8, Andrei Rublev seems to be temporary OOS. Status on its page is "Ожидается" ("Waiting").
Old 09-01-2010, 12:23 PM   #65

Nov 2007

Hello. Thanks for the info, everybody. I should've mentioned that I've ordered stuff from Russia before and know that it can take awhile. I was going to wait at least another week before writing. In any event, if it's out of stock, it's fine. I'll wait it out.

While we're on the subject, does anybody know of any B&M shops in Russia that might carry Mosfilm Blus? I'm seriously considering spending 2-3 weeks in Russia next year and wouldn't mind bringing a few Blus home, export restrictions be damned.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:59 AM   #66

Jun 2010

Here are the pictures of the blu-ray, which I made for our Russian forum

Old 09-10-2010, 04:04 AM   #67

Nov 2007

Hey everybody. Just wanted to let you all know the disc arrived yesterday in perfect condition. It shipped on Aug. 12, so that's ~3 1/2 weeks in transit. I guess the heat, fires and August vacationing in Russia slowed the postal service down even more than normal. Oh well. A few random facts for those who are curious.

-It was sent via Registered Mail.
-The packaging was pretty good. In all likelihood, your goods will arrive undamaged.
-There's paperwork on and in the package. If you live in a country where shipments get hit with VAT, you're probably going to have to pay.
-When buying stuff from Kniga, they include 18% VAT on goods and shipping (!) in the final price. My understanding is that Russian exports aren't supposed to be subject to VAT. It's not a big deal since eBay is more expensive, but still, in the case of this disc, ~1/6 of the price shouldn't be there.

Later.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:50 AM   #68
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

Quote:
Hey everybody. Just wanted to let you all know the disc arrived yesterday in perfect condition. It shipped on Aug. 12, so that's ~3 1/2 weeks in transit. I guess the heat, fires and August vacationing in Russia slowed the postal service down even more than normal. Oh well. A few random facts for those who are curious.

-It was sent via Registered Mail.
-The packaging was pretty good. In all likelihood, your goods will arrive undamaged.
-There's paperwork on and in the package. If you live in a country where shipments get hit with VAT, you're probably going to have to pay.
-When buying stuff from Kniga, they include 18% VAT on goods and shipping (!) in the final price. My understanding is that Russian exports aren't supposed to be subject to VAT. It's not a big deal since eBay is more expensive, but still, in the case of this disc, ~1/6 of the price shouldn't be there.

Later.
Glad to hear it!

Enjoy the disc.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:02 AM   #69
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010

it looks to me like this is currently out of stock at kniga.ru. Can anyone confirm please?
Old 10-03-2010, 09:17 AM   #70
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin View Post
it looks to me like this is currently out of stock at kniga.ru. Can anyone confirm please?
It seems to be "Expected", but no date is specified.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:12 AM   #71

Nov 2007

Hello. Just thought I'd help you all out a bit. When I ordered from Kniga, I got an e-mail that, according to Google, was a request to confirm the delivery address. A Russian co-worker was kind enough to draft a reply. Feel free to use the following text if you end up having to do the same thing.

---ORIGINAL TEXT---
Hello. My name is Stan Marsh. On Aug. 13, I placed order №123-456-789 for "Андрей Рублев" on Blu-Ray. I received an e-mail this morning stating that I need to confirm my address. Here it is. Please format my address as shown.

Stan Marsh
100 Main St.
South Park, CO 70707

Thank you, and have a good day.

Yours truly,
Stan Marsh

---TRANSLATION---
Здравствуйте.
Меня зовут (your name). (Day/Month) я оформил заказ
№(order no.) (name(s) of disc(s)).

Подтверждаю адрес доставки.

Используйте пожалуйста следующий формат:

(Your address here.)

Спасибо,
(Your name)
Old 10-04-2010, 05:36 PM   #72

Feb 2009

Quote:
Hello. Just thought I'd help you all out a bit. When I ordered from Kniga, I got an e-mail that, according to Google, was a request to confirm the delivery address. A Russian co-worker was kind enough to draft a reply. Feel free to use the following text if you end up having to do the same thing.

---ORIGINAL TEXT---
Hello. My name is Stan Marsh. On Aug. 13, I placed order №123-456-789 for "Андрей Рублев" on Blu-Ray. I received an e-mail this morning stating that I need to confirm my address. Here it is. Please format my address as shown.

Stan Marsh
100 Main St.
South Park, CO 70707

Thank you, and have a good day.

Yours truly,
Stan Marsh

---TRANSLATION---
Здравствуйте.
Меня зовут (your name). (Day/Month) я оформил заказ
№(order no.) (name(s) of disc(s)).

Подтверждаю адрес доставки.

Используйте пожалуйста следующий формат:

(Your address here.)

Спасибо,
(Your name)
Is it annoying to have the name of a tv character?
Old 10-31-2010, 03:03 AM   #73

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by papamarg View Post
Criterion hasn't released The Mirror. Moreover, the AE disc Of The Mirror that i own, has subtitles for all dialogue.
I know this is an old discussion, but I recently saw Zerkalo in what I assume to be a 35mm print, and even that seems to be missing parts of the dialogue in subtitles. In certain exchanges a reply simply is not accompanied by text.

And to touch back on the fact that Tarkovsky has stated to prefer the shortest cut and therefore it is "better" in some sense, I still disagree. Not to disrespect the great director, but he also felt unhappy with Ivan's Childhood, which is well regarded by everyone else. Adding the fact that at that point he probably hasn't seen his original cut for some years, and that he cut the film twice against his volition, it's clear that the 186 min cut was not as he intended.

I feel strongly regarding this because the Tartar raid sequence, which in the original cut is immensely memorable, has been atrociously shortened to the point of being relatively unremarkable to the rest of the film.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:25 AM   #74

Aug 2010

I watced the Russian Blu last night and was very pleased with it. I wrote some notes on the disc on my blog

Last edited by Wes M.; 03-26-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:54 PM   #75

Oct 2011
Detroit MI, USA

So, Kniga still lists it as out of stock. Any suggestions on where I could find this? I would love to see this in high-def.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:28 AM   #76

Oct 2011
Detroit MI, USA

There are copies on eBay right now for those looking.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:27 PM   #77

Feb 2010
Kiev

Old 12-18-2011, 07:40 PM   #78
Power Member

Nov 2009
USA

Is this the same transfer as the out of stock one? English subtitles?

Thanks for adding this!!
Old 01-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #79

Feb 2010
Kiev

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedliniv View Post
Is this the same transfer as the out of stock one? English subtitles?

Thanks for adding this!!
Transfer the same. Done more restoration, the picture is not so hard twitches, and in some episodes, added more contrast. No English subtitles.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #80
Expert Member

Nov 2009
7800 Namsos

Where can this blu-ray be bought today?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Region C