Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Mission: Impossible - 6-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
C$68.99

The Godfather Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
C$75.99

Uncharted (Blu-ray)
C$22.99

Wild Things 4K (Blu-ray)
C$57.20

Candyman 4K (Blu-ray)
C$34.99

Ghostbusters: Afterlife / Ghostbusters / Ghostbusters II (Blu-ray)
C$25.00

Sing 2 4K (Blu-ray)
C$26.00
3 hrs ago
West Side Story 4K (Blu-ray)
C$25.00

Willow (Blu-ray)
C$19.58

The King's Man (Blu-ray)
C$20.00

The Brain from Planet Arous (Blu-ray)
C$29.07

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings 4K (Blu-ray)
C$30.48

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Canada

Old 10-19-2010, 04:39 PM   #1

Oct 2010
Toronto
Canada Canadian Apocalypse Now shipping w/o 48 page booklet

As some of you may already know from a few previous posts I have made, I bought the full disclosure edition of Apocalypse Now this morning and when I got home and opened it, there was no 48 page booklet inside.

I returned it to future shop immediately and demanded a refund. They said that there is a shipping error with the booklets, and there is a notice in front of the store saying that they will be getting the booklets on Monday and I can pick it up then.

I said I am not making multiple trips to the store just for a booklet that possibly is going to be covered in french by the time it arrives (that would explain the delay), and that I want a refund. She gave me the refund in the end, but not without hassle.

I feel bad for all the people that bought this today, because there are tons of stores that dont have this shipping error notice up in their front window. Best buy for instance had no such information available, and their versions were locked up in plastic cases so you cant even feel the weight of the packaging.

It appears that this isnt a future shop only error, as every store I visited today didnt have the booklet inside. I could tell from the weight of the packaging, they felt rather light for something that should have a 48 page booklet inside. And also it seems like there is just a little bit of extra space inside the slip cover, where a booklet should fit.

Well, another week, another Canadian release that got ****ed up. Possibly due to french re-packaging. I would put my money on that booklet being smeared in french come Monday.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:15 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009

So, are they supposed to be delivered later, or do people who bought the Canadian version simply don't get the booklet? I might have to return my order, once it has arrived, and say to Axelmusic I prefer the American version. It might be a longer wait, but I really want this release complete.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:23 PM   #3

Dec 2009
ENGLAND

I too have it on order from Axel, have you e-mailed them to ask if it is in the box or if we get it sent seperatley, I don' t mind waiting as long as I get it, far too much grief to return really, it's their job to send it to me if it's incomplete
Old 10-19-2010, 05:28 PM   #4

Oct 2010
Toronto

To my understanding, they said the booklets will be delivered on Monday. But a friend of mine who also was duped into buying this said that his cashier informed him they would be in sometime this week, even as early as tomorrow. There seems to be a lot of confusion right now, with regards to the booklet.

One thing is for sure though, any release currently on shelves in Toronto has no booklet inside the packaging.

Also there is another big screw up with the Canadian release, this is confirmed by my friend who has just purchased the set and doesnt care that he has to wait for the booklet to come out in a week. He popped in his special features disc to watch the new interviews, and the movies are on the special features disc! So he pops in the disc which is supposed to have the movies on it, and it has the special features. So on top of missing the booklet, the discs are labeled wrong!!!!

This release has been a total disaster and its only been on shelves for about 4 hours. I guess this is what we should get used to when a Canadian company handles the distribution of an expensive US release. Se7en also comes to mind....
Old 10-19-2010, 06:04 PM   #5
Special Member

May 2010
Canada

I'm glad I read this thread before going to the store!
Old 10-19-2010, 06:33 PM   #6

Sep 2008

Does anyone know if we can get the booklet from Maple directly?
Old 10-19-2010, 06:45 PM   #7
Special Member

Mar 2009
Canada

Does the book only come with the 3 disc set?

I was thinking of getting the 2 disc anyways because I don't want the DVD size packaging...Is it safe to pick up the 2 disc or is it missing the book too?
Old 10-19-2010, 06:59 PM   #8
Power Member

Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm81 View Post
Does the book only come with the 3 disc set?

I was thinking of getting the 2 disc anyways because I don't want the DVD size packaging...Is it safe to pick up the 2 disc or is it missing the book too?
The 2 disc doesn't have and isn't supposed to have the booklet.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:10 PM   #9

Jan 2009
Montréal, Québec

Quote:
Originally Posted by choch View Post
As some of you may already know from a few previous posts I have made, I bought the full disclosure edition of Apocalypse Now this morning and when I got home and opened it, there was no 48 page booklet inside.

I returned it to future shop immediately and demanded a refund. They said that there is a shipping error with the booklets, and there is a notice in front of the store saying that they will be getting the booklets on Monday and I can pick it up then.

I said I am not making multiple trips to the store just for a booklet that possibly is going to be covered in french by the time it arrives (that would explain the delay), and that I want a refund. She gave me the refund in the end, but not without hassle.

I feel bad for all the people that bought this today, because there are tons of stores that dont have this shipping error notice up in their front window. Best buy for instance had no such information available, and their versions were locked up in plastic cases so you cant even feel the weight of the packaging.

It appears that this isnt a future shop only error, as every store I visited today didnt have the booklet inside. I could tell from the weight of the packaging, they felt rather light for something that should have a 48 page booklet inside. And also it seems like there is just a little bit of extra space inside the slip cover, where a booklet should fit.

Well, another week, another Canadian release that got ****ed up. Possibly due to french re-packaging. I would put my money on that booklet being smeared in french come Monday.
Apocalypse Now doesn't even have a french language track, so don't worry about your little book smeared in french.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:11 PM   #10
Special Member

Mar 2009
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by crs View Post
The 2 disc doesn't have and isn't supposed to have the booklet.
Sweet, then I'm safe to pick it up on Friday

You really gotta wonder why theres so many screwed up Canadian releases, Even if they don't always effect the releases i purchase it's still not right to have so many mistakes or delays
Old 10-19-2010, 07:25 PM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Canada

Mine just shipped from amazon.ca. Hopefully tomorrow I'll see which version they send and if it is all correct or not.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:37 PM   #12
Power Member

Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm81 View Post
Sweet, then I'm safe to pick it up on Friday

You really gotta wonder why theres so many screwed up Canadian releases, Even if they don't always effect the releases i purchase it's still not right to have so many mistakes or delays
Well, considering also the fact that supposedly the movie/bonus label artwork on the discs are switched, this could also affect the 2-disc release. I have no idea how widespread this issue is, though.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:49 PM   #13
Banned

Jul 2009
The O.C.

Is Lionsgate handling this release? Sound's like a typical Alliance job...
Old 10-19-2010, 08:08 PM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Canada

Maple Pictures distributes Lionsgate stuff in Canada from what I can tell so it's not actually Alliance...

Maple Pictures Corporation is a Canadian film and home video distribution company. It was formed on April 25, 2005 when Lionsgate spun off its Canadian distribution arm to two former executives of Lionsgate who created Maple Pictures Corp. Maple Pictures is the official distributor for Lionsgate's films and video library throughout Canada.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:16 PM   #15

Oct 2010
Toronto

It makes you wonder what kind of shit show they are running at Maple pictures. Do they have any quality control at all? How do you label the discs wrong, and also ship out the packages without the booklets?
Old 10-19-2010, 08:27 PM   #16
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Canada

Don't they just get these from their US counterparts and put some different labels on them? That is how I always though these Canadian companies worked but maybe it's not the case.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:30 PM   #17

Jun 2007
Altair 4
Canada Apocalypse Now disc's marked wrong

My disc 1 is actually disc 2 and disc 2 is disc 1. Any one else have this with the Full Disclosure version?
Old 10-19-2010, 08:34 PM   #18
Special Member

Jun 2008
Port Coquitlam B.C. Canada

Best Buy and HMV in Coquitlam had no notice about the missing booklet , but Future Shop did , but I desided to go with the 2 disc (from HMV it was cheaper) as I hate the dvd sized packaging for Blu-ray's (I did the same for the African Queen)
Old 10-19-2010, 08:41 PM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
wasteland

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBR View Post
My disc 1 is actually disc 2 and disc 2 is disc 1. Any one else have this with the Full Disclosure version?
Huh?
Old 10-19-2010, 08:45 PM   #20

Jan 2008

Is the Candian release any different than the U.S.A.'s?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Canada