Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

12 Days of Deals, Day 10 is Live »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$79.99
15 hrs ago
Westworld: Season One (Blu-ray)
$16.99
15 hrs ago
Mission: Impossible - Fallout 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Hunter Killer 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
7 hrs ago
Audition (Blu-ray)
$29.33
14 hrs ago
Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99

Gotham: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Meg 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Crazy Rich Asians 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Mummy: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Oliver! (Blu-ray)
$15.05
5 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 05-23-2015, 01:34 AM   #81
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2008
Durham, NC

So yeah, I bumped up this thread from 8 years ago because I'm in stunned silence right now.

Long story short, I'm watching UNDERWORLD the theatrical cut (the much preferred cut of the film, mind you) on Netflix and the flashbacks that Michael has through the film start to pop up and what in the hell do I see?

They've spliced in the footage from UNDERWORLD RISE OF THE LYCANS with Rhonda Mitra as Sonya instead of the original actress (who was blond) that played the character in 2003.

Will this ever get a Blu release? I pray to the heavens that this happens because I can't stand the unrated version of UNDERWORLD. I want this theatrical badly and now with this bit of sly editing, this changes the entire thing.

Has this been reported on before and I just missed it?
Old 05-23-2015, 01:41 AM   #82
Power Member

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman View Post
So yeah, I bumped up this thread from 8 years ago because I'm in stunned silence right now.

Long story short, I'm watching UNDERWORLD the theatrical cut (the much preferred cut of the film, mind you) on Netflix and the flashbacks that Michael has through the film start to pop up and what in the hell do I see?

They've spliced in the footage from UNDERWORLD RISE OF THE LYCANS with Rhonda Mitra as Sonya instead of the original actress (who was blond) that played the character in 2003.[/B]
Wow, that's very Lucas! The original theatrical version of Underworld (not this new hybrid you've just seen, but the one with the original flashbacks) is available on a Region free Dutch BluRay. However, it is in 50Hz, so it won't be easy to play. It might not be in print anymore too. I've thought about buying it now and then but the differences are so slight. There may also be a Russian one, but the English track is lossy and no one knows if it is region coded, and you wouldn't be able to find a place to buy it anyway.

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparison....php?fid=11752
UPDATE: Hey, it didn't list Japan.

...I am curious about this new edit you've seen. I'd probably buy it if it is ever released on BluRay too.

Last edited by willbfree; 05-23-2015 at 02:02 AM.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:45 AM   #83

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Titan View Post
Wow I have noticed a lot of people with nice finding of early releases. How bout Fantastic Four anywhere?
Wow ~ You are off topic
Old 05-23-2015, 01:55 AM   #84
Special Member

Apr 2011
The Gulf

Theatrical from Japan, less than 15$, listed as 1.78 instead of 2.39 ratio.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:58 AM   #85
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2008
Durham, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecalm_7 View Post
Theatrical from Japan, less than 15$, listed as 1.78 instead of 2.39 ratio.
But not this new version of the theatrical.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:13 AM   #86
Banned

Apr 2014

Quote:

They've spliced in the footage from UNDERWORLD RISE OF THE LYCANS with Rhonda Mitra as Sonya instead of the original actress (who was blond) that played the character in 2003.

Will this ever get a Blu release? I pray to the heavens that this happens because I can't stand the unrated version of UNDERWORLD. I want this theatrical badly and now with this bit of sly editing, this changes the entire thing.

Has this been reported on before and I just missed it?
That is quite amazing, akin to Warner's stealth editing of the first Sherlock Holmes to include Jared Harris's voice as Moriarty.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:17 AM   #87
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2008
Durham, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscoggins View Post
That is quite amazing, akin to Warner's stealth editing of the first Sherlock Holmes to include Jared Harris's voice as Moriarty.
Wait, WHAT?! When?
Old 05-23-2015, 02:23 AM   #88
Banned

Apr 2014

Quote:
Wait, WHAT?! When?
This is news to you?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0988045/trivia?ref_=tt_ql_2

Quote:
In the original theatrical release of the film, Professor Moriarty, seen only in shadow, is voiced by an unknown actor. This was done before the official casting of Jared Harris as Moriarty in the film's sequel, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011). However, since the release of the latter, Harris's voice has been dubbed over the original actor's voice as to preserve continuity on all new DVD and BluRay copies, as well as any televised showings.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:24 AM   #89
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2008
Durham, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscoggins View Post
How about that? Never noticed at all.
Old 05-23-2015, 03:06 AM   #90
Trading Moderator

Sep 2008
City of Orange, Ca.

Love the AQ!! Especially the first 15 minutes (Subway scene)
Old 07-24-2016, 01:11 AM   #91
Power Member

Sep 2013

Just watched this from the legacy collection. It's the unrated version. The sound and picture are amazing!!! I think the last time I watched this was on DVD, and it was like seeing it for the first time. So glad I finally got this set - can't wait to watch the rest...

Regarding Lucian's/Michael's flashbacks: Sonja was still the blonde actress.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:15 AM   #92

Feb 2012
Denmark

So it seems Sony are re-releasing these movies to coincide with the new one coming out. I wonder if the new release of the first movie will include this "Netflix cut"
Old 01-14-2017, 12:48 AM   #93

Jul 2008

Has anyone bought this re-release? Apparently the extended BD that comes with the UHD is the same as the original release, so this would be the last hope of getting the Rise of the Lycans footage in the extended cut, at least for the time being.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:42 AM   #94
Power Member

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTBlack View Post
Has anyone bought this re-release? Apparently the extended BD that comes with the UHD is the same as the original release, so this would be the last hope of getting the Rise of the Lycans footage in the extended cut, at least for the time being.
The new flashbacks are only in the Revised Theatrical Cut (which is what the UHD presents).

The Extended Cut has the old flashbacks (which is what the BluRay included with the UHD presents).

As for the BluRay which is being sold by itself with a new cover art, I don't know what is in that.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America