Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$41.24
16 hrs ago
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
19 hrs ago
Dead & Buried 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.99
21 hrs ago
Baise-moi (Blu-ray)
$19.99
20 hrs ago
Saving Silverman (Blu-ray)
$13.29
17 hrs ago
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.49
20 hrs ago
The Father (Blu-ray)
$21.99
15 hrs ago
Smile (Blu-ray)
$23.49
20 hrs ago
Wildcats (Blu-ray)
$19.99
9 hrs ago
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99

Evita (Blu-ray)
$8.99
4 hrs ago
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$77.97

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 09-17-2011, 05:58 AM   #3001
Banned

Jan 2010

that slipcover is wicked. way better than the $hitty steelbook.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:01 AM   #3002
Special Member

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluChron View Post
that slipcover is wicked. way better than the $hitty steelbook.
No doubt.

I was planning on picking up the SteelBook a couple of weeks ago, but after looking at it in person I wasn't too fond of the overall design.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:56 AM   #3003
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD 335 View Post
And like almost everyone here in the forums, the BD most of us have been waiting for... even with all the sh*t changes.
[Show spoiler]

The case looks like a 6 discs type. Where would you be keeping your other 3 discs?
Old 09-17-2011, 12:35 PM   #3004
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2007
Norway

Just a small haul today, it looked so lonely all alone in the mailbox

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3051-2.jpg (88.0 KB, 434 views)
Old 09-17-2011, 01:54 PM   #3005

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonite1970 View Post
Envy is deadly sin! They have cash to burn so just admire from afar.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk
The people that blow their cash on non-essentials are usually the ones that are financially awful.

I just stated I could never do that, but yeah it is better than the silly guys buying first class 3 times for some.............SLIPS!
Old 09-17-2011, 02:19 PM   #3006
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2007
Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch22 View Post
I will never know why people do this.....

Same with the people buying 3 copies of first class for the slips..
Quote:
The people that blow their cash on non-essentials are usually the ones that are financially awful.

I just stated I could never do that, but yeah it is better than the silly guys buying first class 3 times for some.............SLIPS!
Im am buying all 3 Starwars releases too as it is my all time favorite films, and the individuals will look awesome on display.

I also have 4 copies of Sucker Punch and 3 Dark Knight's for display purposes only.

This is a forum by and for collectors, and no 2 are the same. Many people here have different priorities in their collecting than I have, ex. Slips or Steelbooks, but calling them silly or finacially awful is just childish IMO.

Last edited by Shallow_; 09-17-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:24 PM   #3007
Special Member

May 2008

Quote:

i'm not going to try to brag or anything and I will knock on wood

I spend the most money out of anyone I know on the most useless things yet I am the best when it comes to money amongst anyone I know. Now I dont buy 3 copies of titles for slips or anything but I have bought more than 1 copy of a movie simply to have in another home, steelbook version, etc.

I've also blown money though in some terrible ways but am far from financially awful and I doubt some of the posters could be considered such as well.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:44 PM   #3008

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow_ View Post
Im am buying all 3 Starwars releases too as it is my all time favorite films, and the individuals will look awesome on display.

I also have 4 copies of Sucker Punch and 3 Dark Knight's for display purposes only.

This is a forum by and for collectors, and no 2 are the same. Many people here have different priorities in their collecting than I have, ex. Slips or Steelbooks, but calling them silly or finacially awful is just childish IMO.
I said that because the guy told me not to be envious of his spendings. In most cases it's the truth. But I digress. Seems you can't say anything on here without it getting twisted into me being jealous or poor or whatever.

Lol at silly being a terrible word.

silly guy.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:08 PM   #3009
Trading Moderator

Sep 2008
橙子, 加州

Quote:

Please explain. Your post does not make any sense at all
Old 09-17-2011, 03:08 PM   #3010
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2007
Norway

Quote:
I said that because the guy told me not to be envious of his spendings.
He told you not to be envious of their spendings, not his, and that is a huge difference.
I have had a comment or 2 about my priorities, and while it is to be expected from people who dont share my interests, getting it from like minded people is something I dont understand.

I am not calling you poor or jealous, just pointing out that different people spend their money in different ways, and it is (usually) their money

And yes, silly is a silly word
Old 09-17-2011, 03:31 PM   #3011

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidef al View Post
Please explain. Your post does not make any sense at all
The people that have no money are the people that buy smart water when they could get it from a water cooler. They buy from mcdonalds instead of making their own food.

They buy the same movie twice for the packaging instead of buying it to watch.

I humbly bow out of this thread.

Old 09-17-2011, 03:32 PM   #3012

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow_ View Post
He told you not to be envious of their spendings, not his, and that is a huge difference.
I have had a comment or 2 about my priorities, and while it is to be expected from people who dont share my interests, getting it from like minded people is something I dont understand.

I am not calling you poor or jealous, just pointing out that different people spend their money in different ways, and it is (usually) their money

And yes, silly is a silly word
Honestly I just wanted to point something out.

You guys are silly
Old 09-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #3013
Trading Moderator

Sep 2008
橙子, 加州

Quote:
The people that have no money are the people that buy smart water when they could get it from a water cooler. They buy from mcdonalds instead of making their own food.

So why do you care how people send their money? I spend my money wisely and have an awesome job but at the same time I pay my bills. So that's why I can spend more than others and get three or four copies of the same title.

I remember you now. You're that one member that was causing trouble in the slipcover thread.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:02 PM   #3014
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010

Quote:

"buy food from mcdonalds instead of making their own food"
hilarious! first of all i am sure some people wouldn't even consider mcdonalds
food in the first place, but CHEAPER to make own food? CHEAPER than mcdonalds?? is that even possible
but jokes aside, if your examples revolve around water and mcdonalds you must be rather poor
well, since you're only 22 you'll have plenty of opportunity to make money and
not be envious of people who buy four copies of a movie
don't compare your income to others! bunch of blurays might be complete petty cash to some people. maybe thats you spending 50 cent on a hamburger in comparison.
believe me, if the income is good, hundreds of movies could be nothing.
don't be naive or narrow headed when it comes to things like that.
yes, maybe some people here overspend their budgets on movies, but for others hundred dollars are simply laughable! maybe your imagination can't grasp it, but i know people that buy cars like movies! if you only make 1000 bucks per month and spend 500 on movies, thats probably a lot, but if you make in the 100s of thousands or millions, seriously whats movies! at the end of the day, let people do whatever makes them happy. live and let live! don't be ignorant just because you can't understand it in terms of your own life.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:03 PM   #3015

Jun 2011

Quote:
So why do you care how people send their money? I spend my money wisely and have an awesome job but at the same time I pay my bills. So that's why I can spend more than others and get three or four copies of the same title.

I remember you now. You're that one member that was causing trouble in the slipcover thread.
I just pondered (aloud) why couldn't you buy the slip for like $1 instead of spending $20.

Ugh, I give up. I guess I'll never understand amirite.

Sidenote: I was actually gonna post a humongous haul but I lost my camera cord. One day, one day.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:10 PM   #3016
Banned

Feb 2008
Sherman Oaks, Cali

Quote:

I missed the trouble! What what is? lol

Anyway, just like Hidef al stated, I'm one of the members that bought the tree copies of Star Wars. Why? because I simply adore the series. Fortunately, I have a job that pays very, very well and have the money to spend freely. So I can assure you that I am nowhere near being in an awful financial situation lol I don't waste my money, but if it is on something that means a lot to me? Then I don't mind spending at all. It is of course, my money. Like a member posted in this thread or the slipcover thread, there are people that waste money on weed, all sorts of other drugs. There are people that spend all their money sitting in front of a Slot Machine. That is a lot more wasteful, but to each his own. I don't go pointing it out to them, because I respect what they want to do with their lives. I only write about this when someone takes their time to let everyone know how stupid, pathetic or how those people are financially in awful situations. To each his own, Live and let live, or however you want to see it.

Last edited by ranitasus; 09-17-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:26 PM   #3017
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2007
Norway

Quote:
I just pondered (aloud) why couldn't you buy the slip for like $1 instead of spending $20.
One thing I expect the slip collectors have found out, is that you never know which slips will go oop fast. And that if one waits they can easily come into a situation where they have to pay double to get hold of one. And then not have the chance to choose the condition its in.
Think many of them sell the extra copies of the movies so the amount paid for slips is lower.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #3018
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2011
Toronto, Canada
Send a message via AIM to Forever Knight Send a message via MSN to Forever Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Forever Knight

Old 09-17-2011, 04:33 PM   #3019

Jul 2011
Switzerland

Here's what I got over the last few weeks...

Old 09-17-2011, 05:34 PM   #3020
Blu-ray Jedi

Aug 2011
At The Movie Theater Again Hopefully May 14th

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolfoc View Post
dont you mean shoulders?
Yeah, see what i mean. Dur.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America