Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Trading Places (Blu-ray)
$16.99
20 hrs ago
Big Fish 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.50
1 day ago
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96
1 day ago
Rick and Morty: The Complete Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
$63.50
1 day ago
The Daydreamer (Blu-ray)
$19.89
11 hrs ago
Black Clover: Season 1 and 2 Complete (Blu-ray)
$149.99
1 day ago
Mission: Impossible: The Original TV Series (Blu-ray)
$79.99
1 day ago
Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

All My Life (Blu-ray)
$19.99

John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

My Hero Academia: Season Four: Part Two (Blu-ray)
$33.98

Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-23-2015, 07:53 PM   #381
Blu-ray Duke

Jan 2008

Darby O'Gill
The Three Lives of Thomasina
Never Cry Wolf
The Journey of Natty Gann
Old 01-23-2015, 08:04 PM   #382

Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruityOatyBar View Post
I second that emotion!
And I'll add the following:

Pollyanna
Old Yeller
Pollyanna
Old Yeller
Old 01-24-2015, 04:16 AM   #383

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by rljnunez View Post
Its too bad they are really mucking up these releases with Disney Movie Club. I am still baffled how they decide what gets a wide release, such as Bedknobs & Broomsticks, and what doesn't.

I am still confused why they never released the planned Pollyanna, Flubber & Absent-Minder Prof/Son of Flubber blu-rays in 2013. I forget the exact response WDSHE gave me at the D23 expo but I think it may have been due to concerns about them selling or not. They guy at the expo had also told me they had a Witch Mountain 2-film that was maybe going to come out 2014 if they figured it out - but obviously that didn't happen.

What confuses, saddens and maddens me about the DMC exclusives is the sheer LACK of ANY bonus features where several of these were once on 2-disc DVDs. They couldn't even include the stellar commentaries with the actors.

The menus are super basic with only Play Movie and Scene Selection. Which means you can't even select the subtitles that are included unless you use the remote.

Why they chose to change the cover and font for Pollyanna is beyond me. It is even more confusing when you put the disc in and the menu has the cover image and font from the originally planned blu-ray that matched the Vault collection DVD. Not making this up.

Earlier releases had clever loading images when the disc first loads such as Herbie's tire. Polly and Old Yeller just have a generic opening scroll Disney castle. Was there nothing better to put there or did they forget to change it?

I was planning to ask at the upcoming shareholder meeting about the whole mess with the lack of USA 3D blu-rays. I may have to try and slip this in there. If they are going to relegate these classics to DMC exclusives - they ought to be released with the same quality and care as if they were going wide - especially when they tag the cover with "55th Anniversary Edition" like on Pollyanna.

Sorry, that got a bit long - I'm just a bit fired up about the way Disney is treating these releases.
Thanks given by:
Ernest Rister (01-24-2015), Snoops (01-26-2015)
Old 01-24-2015, 04:58 AM   #384

Jun 2013

Quote:
I second that emotion!

Pollyanna
Third Man on the Mountain
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Treasure Island
Swiss Family Robinson
Candleshoe
Summer Magic
Follow Me Boys
The Happiest Millionaire
The Moon Spinners
Old Yeller
I want all them plus Black Beards Ghost. I also have a vague memory of seeing a Disny movie that had two comedians who had to go into a cave and kill a dragon. Could have been Laural and Hardy? Can anyone tell me the name of the movie? I just remember them shaking in their armour as they entered the tunnel.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:23 AM   #385
Expert Member

Sep 2012
Pacific City, Oregon
Send a message via Yahoo to Mason_Ireton Send a message via Skype™ to Mason_Ireton

You're thinkin of Pete's Dragon Robbie, the characters were Hoagy (Red Buttons) who was a con artist, and Lampie (marvelously played by Mickey Rooney) the town's Lighthouse keeper/drunk, there's a scene where Lampie meets Hoagy after Lampie tries explains to Jim Dales' character, dr terminus bout Elliot (the title) and Hoagy goes with Lampie to see Eliott in his cave

On topic: do you think Thunderbolt's new short will use the exact same effect that Get A Horse used to look like an old film (recreating the Dalmatain Animation)

Last edited by Mason_Ireton; 01-24-2015 at 03:07 PM.
Thanks given by:
Robbie The Robot (01-28-2015)
Old 01-24-2015, 12:19 PM   #386

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshansen View Post
I was planning to ask at the upcoming shareholder meeting about the whole mess with the lack of USA 3D blu-rays. I may have to try and slip this in there. If they are going to relegate these classics to DMC exclusives - they ought to be released with the same quality and care as if they were going wide - especially when they tag the cover with "55th Anniversary Edition" like on Pollyanna.

Sorry, but lack of 3D Blu-rays is a low priority/non-issue. If you're planning that as the main issue you want to ask at the shareholder meeting, I would seriously rethink your priorities. The issue with the live-action Blu-rays is an infinitely a bigger one. I would even inquire about the future of Disney Home Video's future Blu-ray releases in general, like will we see a Shorts collection and "Walt Disney Treasures" type stuff on Blu-ray. Once the feature films are finished being released on Blu-ray, what catalog Blu-ray releases will be next? Those are all top priorities.
Old 01-24-2015, 02:45 PM   #387
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2011

Any idea on the extras for this? I want to know if I can safely unload my DVD copy.
Old 01-24-2015, 03:50 PM   #388
3D Moderator

Jul 2007
Oh I come from a land, from a faraway place...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Iceflash View Post
Sorry, but lack of 3D Blu-rays is a low priority/non-issue. If you're planning that as the main issue you want to ask at the shareholder meeting, I would seriously rethink your priorities. The issue with the live-action Blu-rays is an infinitely a bigger one. I would even inquire about the future of Disney Home Video's future Blu-ray releases in general, like will we see a Shorts collection and "Walt Disney Treasures" type stuff on Blu-ray. Once the feature films are finished being released on Blu-ray, what catalog Blu-ray releases will be next? Those are all top priorities.

Lack of 3D releases is a very important issue to many. Especially for major titles like Big Hero 6, Frozen and Maleficent. Catalog titles are also a big deal. No reason why they both can't be a priority.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:25 PM   #389

Jan 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWayFilms View Post
The Black Hole
Okay, the internet thinks I'm insane, but I can tell you, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that The Black Hole is available on blu ray. I work at Barnes and Noble in the music and movies section, and I see it every single day when I'm doing an inventory sweep. I work this afternoon so I'll try and get a picture of it if at all possible and get some info on it. It's a bargain title too, priced at $9.99 last time I checked.

As for the animated features, I desperately want a blu release of Black Cauldron and Saludos Amigos/Three Caballeros. I adored Three Caballeros when I was growing up. No idea why but I watched it constantly, and it just sucks that they haven't given it a blu ray yet. Black Cauldron I've only seen a handful of times but I want it in my blu collection. I'm patiently waiting for the scheduled Aladdin release later this year, and it will bother me to no end to have all the other classic Disney features without those two next to them.

The live action features? I'll admit that I only saw a few of those growing up, but I still enjoyed them. I can't even remember the name but I recall one about a cat from outer space that I found incredibly charming. If Disney is worried about them not selling, I don't see why they don't try to minimize their losses and just release a large blu ray box set of classic live action features. Obviously some of the bigger ones like a Witch Mountain 2-pack, Parent Trap and Pollyanna should get a seperate release, but if they don't think things like The Apple Dumpling Gang or So Dear To My Heart would sell well enough on their own, I think that'd make a wonderful solution. Price it reasonably, make sure the films are given good transfers, give us a few bonus discs with some history of the live action films and fun little tidbits, and the set would be flying off shelves for people who want them. I personally would buy it just to see all of the disney classic stuff I missed out on when I was little simply because I preferred animated films.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:34 PM   #390
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2012
US of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKPhage View Post
Okay, the internet thinks I'm insane, but I can tell you, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that The Black Hole is available on blu ray. I work at Barnes and Noble in the music and movies section, and I see it every single day when I'm doing an inventory sweep. I work this afternoon so I'll try and get a picture of it if at all possible and get some info on it. It's a bargain title too, priced at $9.99 last time I checked.

As for the animated features, I desperately want a blu release of Black Cauldron and Saludos Amigos/Three Caballeros. I adored Three Caballeros when I was growing up. No idea why but I watched it constantly, and it just sucks that they haven't given it a blu ray yet. Black Cauldron I've only seen a handful of times but I want it in my blu collection. I'm patiently waiting for the scheduled Aladdin release later this year, and it will bother me to no end to have all the other classic Disney features without those two next to them.

The live action features? I'll admit that I only saw a few of those growing up, but I still enjoyed them. I can't even remember the name but I recall one about a cat from outer space that I found incredibly charming. If Disney is worried about them not selling, I don't see why they don't try to minimize their losses and just release a large blu ray box set of classic live action features. Obviously some of the bigger ones like a Witch Mountain 2-pack, Parent Trap and Pollyanna should get a seperate release, but if they don't think things like The Apple Dumpling Gang or So Dear To My Heart would sell well enough on their own, I think that'd make a wonderful solution. Price it reasonably, make sure the films are given good transfers, give us a few bonus discs with some history of the live action films and fun little tidbits, and the set would be flying off shelves for people who want them. I personally would buy it just to see all of the disney classic stuff I missed out on when I was little simply because I preferred animated films.
I think you're mistaking it for some other title or the DVD. There is no Black Hole Blu-ray.

It's one of many flawed Disney live action classics and it's a shame it hasn't received the treatment it deserves.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:01 AM   #391

Sep 2010
USA

just found video of unboxing
Thanks given by:
bruno_wbt (01-28-2015), Disbchris (01-28-2015), DJMcNiff (01-28-2015), Dubliner1 (01-30-2015), FilmEntertainment (01-28-2015), KACENAID (01-28-2015), Mason_Ireton (01-28-2015), Phil92 (01-28-2015), singingtiger1500 (01-28-2015), stevemcqueen83 (01-28-2015)
Old 01-28-2015, 05:28 AM   #392
Expert Member

Sep 2012
Pacific City, Oregon
Send a message via Yahoo to Mason_Ireton Send a message via Skype™ to Mason_Ireton

Thanks for the post shadow, lil disappointed that Disney stopped the lil guidebook/upcoming booklets, guess we'll wait til next mon/tues for laugingplace's review Though somebody here will confirm long before next mon

Last edited by Mason_Ireton; 02-10-2015 at 06:04 AM.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:02 AM   #393
Special Member

Oct 2008

great to hear Aladdin has been confirmed for Autumn!!
Old 01-28-2015, 07:31 AM   #394

Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelPrince1986 View Post
Did I miss this confirmation so where?
Old 01-28-2015, 07:32 AM   #395
Special Member

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by rljnunez View Post
Did I miss this confirmation so where?
the trailer is on the 101 Dalmatians Blu-ray
Old 01-28-2015, 07:33 AM   #396

Apr 2009

Quote:
the trailer is on the 101 Dalmatians Blu-ray
Yessss!!! Hope someone uploads it soon!!
Old 01-28-2015, 07:51 AM   #397
Expert Member

Apr 2009

Quote:
I can't wait!!
Old 01-28-2015, 08:50 AM   #398

Sep 2011
U.S. - Michigan

Quote:
I second that emotion!

Pollyanna
Third Man on the Mountain
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Treasure Island
Swiss Family Robinson
Candleshoe
Summer Magic
Follow Me Boys
The Happiest Millionaire
The Moon Spinners
Old Yeller
Like to also add:

The Journey Of Natty Gann
Old 01-28-2015, 12:18 PM   #399
Blu-ray Duke

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hair-Metal View Post
Like to also add:

The Journey Of Natty Gann
I've been tempted to get that on Disney Movies Anywhere, but there's no information on the aspect ratio. Natty Gann was shot in Scope, I'm not spending money on a pan and scan digital copy of the DVD. Unless you imported the European DVD or some other import...no one in America has seen Natty Gann in its OAR since it displayed in theaters in 1985.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:03 PM   #400
3D Moderator

Jul 2007
Oh I come from a land, from a faraway place...
Default 101 Dalmatians on Blu-ray Feb 10 Pre-order

Duplicate post, sorry.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
101, dalmatians, diamond edition, disney