Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Red Sparrow (Blu-ray)
€15.00

The Fortress (Blu-ray)
€15.55
7 hrs ago
Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Blu-ray)
€14.99

Game of Thrones: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
€24.99

Saving Private Ryan 4K (Blu-ray)
€19.69

Tomb Raider (Blu-ray)
€16.40

Twin Peaks: The Third Season (Blu-ray)
€29.99
12 hrs ago
Black Panther (Blu-ray)
€20.00

The X-Files: Season 11 (Blu-ray)
€22.24
9 hrs ago
The Flash: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
€21.55

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (Blu-ray)
€18.99

Blade Runner 2049 3D (Blu-ray)
€14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > France

Old 06-09-2012, 10:47 PM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2009
France Alain Delon on BD

Wondering: how many Delon films released on BD format out there?
Old 06-09-2012, 10:49 PM   #2

May 2011
England

https://www.blu-ray.com/Alain-Delon/71067/?show=bluray
Old 06-10-2012, 12:52 AM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmo78 View Post
19 blu ray releases ???
Old 06-10-2012, 07:03 AM   #4
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

This one is missing from the list

Pro-B
Old 06-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2009

RED SUN on blu-ray ????

This is fantastic, amazing movie.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:49 PM   #6

Feb 2011
UK

There are a few more missing too:

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-L...Blu-ray/17988/

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Spiri...Blu-ray/13523/

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Le-Ce...Blu-ray/11183/ (and all the versions released in other countries).

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Le-Sa...Blu-ray/30494/

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Un-am...Blu-ray/45104/ (forthcoming)

Damn, I really wish 'The Last Adventure' and 'Mort D'un Pourri' were English friendly.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:27 PM   #7
Blu-ray Insider

Dec 2008

also in France by Pathé (only on carrefour Stores)
Le Battant
Trois hommes à abattre
Pour la peau d'un film
Old 06-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #8
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
This one is missing from the list

Pro-B
Pro,i have a question.Why aren't you (and other reviewers,as well) reviewing more Region B movies?I mean,apart from UK,there are very few reviews of German,French and especially Australian and Japanese releases.A plenty of classics are only available in these specified countries,and i'd love to hear something regarding PQ quality,etc(e.g Red Sun,Summertime,La Dolce Vita;lots of Koch Entertainment moviesl;Sould Media editions,etc).Cheers.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #9
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akijama View Post
Pro,i have a question.Why aren't you (and other reviewers,as well) reviewing more Region B movies?I mean,apart from UK,there are very few reviews of German,French and especially Australian and Japanese releases.A plenty of classics are only available in these specified countries,and i'd love to hear something regarding PQ quality,etc(e.g Red Sun,Summertime,La Dolce Vita;lots of Koch Entertainment moviesl;Sould Media editions,etc).Cheers.
Well, actually we are reviewing a pretty large number of Region-B releases, just about everything worth noting. As far as Australia is concerned, there is no Australian Amazon so we cannot afford it. As far as France and Germany are concerned, we could pick only the high-priority titles. Also, we cannot review non-English friendly releases, for obvious reasons.

All in all, if you look around you will see that we have the largest in-depth coverage of Region-B releases. But we cannot review every single Region-B release because it economically does not make sense.

Pro-B
Old 06-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #10
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
Well, actually we are reviewing a pretty large number of Region-B releases, just about everything worth noting. As far as Australia is concerned, there is no Australian Amazon so we cannot afford it. As far as France and Germany are concerned, we could pick only the high-priority titles. Also, we cannot review non-English friendly releases, for obvious reasons.

All in all, if you look around you will see that we have the largest in-depth coverage of Region-B releases. But we cannot review every single Region-B release because it economically does not make sense.

Pro-B
Got it.Thx for your answer
Old 06-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #11
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

You are welcome
Old 06-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #12
Blu-ray Insider

Dec 2008

two of the french Blu-Ray Discs just released last month by Pathé

Old 06-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #13

Jun 2011
London: England.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDA View Post
There are a few more missing too:

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-L...Blu-ray/17988/

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Spiri...Blu-ray/13523/

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Le-Ce...Blu-ray/11183/ (and all the versions released in other countries).

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Le-Sa...Blu-ray/30494/

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Un-am...Blu-ray/45104/ (forthcoming)

Damn, I really wish 'The Last Adventure' and 'Mort D'un Pourri' were English friendly.
Not blu, but The last adventure is available on DVD with English subs. Korean release via eBay.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #14

Feb 2009

Plein Soleil on Blu was available for pre-order last year at Amazon UK. The date came and went and I got one of those ubiquitous notes from Amazon saying "there has been a delay from the manufacturer..." So I emailed the distributor's sales department asking when it was going to be released, and they answered with "we have no plans to release it at this time." Which was weird, because it had been available as pre-order on Amazon UK for quite a few months. You'll find the old thread here in the Foreign section of the Forums. THAT is a movie that's just made for Blu-Ray: the colors, the photography... a proper restoration would be a stunner.

Kirby
Old 06-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #15

Feb 2011
UK

I'm sure 'Plein Soleil' will be released on blu-ray sooner or later. The StudioCanal Collection posted a list of maybe 20-25 films about 18 months ago, and many of them have now been released or announced as an SCC release or regular release.

Le Samourai - thanks for the info on 'The Last Adventure'. It appears that 'Comme Un Boomerang' and 'Any Number Can Win' are available there too.. Might pick all 3 of them up.

Jerome - do any of the Pathe blu-rays have English subtitles? Or any subtitles? Would be really cool if they could be added to the database.. Also, is there anywhere they can be bought online?

Last edited by RDA; 06-11-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #16
Blu-ray Insider

Dec 2008

no subtitles on the pathé Blu-Ray.
impossible to buy them on line, only in carrefour store, and it was for a limited time.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #17

Jun 2011

Quote:
I'm sure 'Plein Soleil' will be released on blu-ray sooner or later. The StudioCanal Collection posted a list of maybe 20-25 films about 18 months ago, and many of them have now been released or announced as an SCC release or regular release.

Le Samourai - thanks for the info on 'The Last Adventure'. It appears that 'Comme Un Boomerang' and 'Any Number Can Win' are available there too.. Might pick all 3 of them up.
Any number can win has a very soft image on the Korean DVD. Id still recommend it as a fan of Mr Delon. Is Comme Un Boomerang any good? Synopsis I've read makes it sound a bit dry and earnest...?
Old 06-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #18

Feb 2011
UK

Le Samourai - I just ordered all of them. I've only seen 'The Last Adventure' of the 3 I've ordered, so am looking forward to checking the others out. But I'm expecting 'Comme Un Boomerang' to be good as I enjoyed the previous Giovanni / Delon collaborations 'Le Gitan' and 'Two Men In Town'. If you want, I'll post here when it arrives and let you know my thoughts?

Jerome - Thanks for the info. Are they still available in Carrefour stores or do you mean that they were only available for a limited time? And would you expect Pathé to release them in other French stores at a later date?
Old 06-11-2012, 07:56 PM   #19
Blu-ray Insider

Dec 2008

I don't think they are still available. I am sure, Pathé will release them in other stores some day, they were part of a larger selection (15-20 titles).
Very nice PQ.

some HD caps

Old 06-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #20

Jun 2011

Quote:
Le Samourai - I just ordered all of them. I've only seen 'The Last Adventure' of the 3 I've ordered, so am looking forward to checking the others out. But I'm expecting 'Comme Un Boomerang' to be good as I enjoyed the previous Giovanni / Delon collaborations 'Le Gitan' and 'Two Men In Town'. If you want, I'll post here when it arrives and let you know my thoughts?

Jerome - Thanks for the info. Are they still available in Carrefour stores or do you mean that they were only available for a limited time? And would you expect Pathé to release them in other French stores at a later date?
Please do.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > France