Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Universal Classic Monsters: Icons of Horror Collection Vol. 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.99
9 hrs ago
House of Psychotic Women Rarities Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.56
13 hrs ago
The Fly Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

The Wizard of Oz 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.99
1 day ago
The Italian Job 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.66
1 hr ago
Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
9 hrs ago
The Notebook (Blu-ray)
$19.99
9 hrs ago
Bones and All (Blu-ray)
$22.99
1 day ago
48 Hrs. / Another 48 Hrs. 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.99

The Conjuring Universe 7-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
9 hrs ago
Flashdance 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99

Rick and Morty: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$22.77
3 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Asia

Old 05-27-2013, 03:36 AM   #141
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney Jackson View Post
Isn't this the same version put out on DVD by Platinum?
It looks like they used the Platinum DVD as a base, with some snippets from the Hong Kong Legends DVD (the final fight shot as well as the extreme close up on Chan after he's been bandaged). My guess is they used the English dub from the TV version (which has a longer version of the final fight compared to the 90 minute cut, but isn't as long as the HK cut), but had to use some shots of the HK cut to fill in the missing spots. Why they didn't just use the HKL transfer to begin with is beyond me... but only, of course, if they properly converted the framerate.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #142
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2010
France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken81 View Post
This makes me really curious indeed But have you bought the blurays yourself and seen the quality? Anyone else bought these? Maybe someone can provide screenshots?

This could mean that we finally get a real HD version of the Project A movies
OK, I'm sorry, I spoke too fast!?

Those french discs are the same upscales as the K&R ones

Project A (FR)
http://nsa34.casimages.com/img/2013/...3630964063.png
http://nsa34.casimages.com/img/2013/...3728836157.png
http://nsa34.casimages.com/img/2013/...6380443147.png

Project A 2 (FR) :
http://nsa33.casimages.com/img/2013/...2204972989.png
http://nsa33.casimages.com/img/2013/...2259384909.png

Project A 2 (HK) :
http://www.imagebam.com/image/8f5278153572923
http://www.imagebam.com/image/cbb8e4153572962
http://www.imagebam.com/image/f61a40153572991
http://www.imagebam.com/image/bb9af6153573026

French disc: 24.4 Go / 28,974,664,693 bytes / Cantonese DTS HD MA 5.1 / VF DTS HD MA 2.0
(same as the second movie)

HK discs : 20 Go / Cantonese DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 / 48 kHz / 16-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 16-bit) / Mandarin Dolby Digital EX Audio 5.1-EX / 48 kHz / 640 kbps
Old 07-05-2013, 11:16 PM   #143
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009

I haven't updated this section in a while However, there's a second "Fist Collection" box set coming out in Japan soon, which I believe had the rest of the Lo Wei Jackie Chan films, such as New Fist of Fury, To Kill With Intrigue... and, if I read correctly, it MAY even have a true 3D Blu-ray of Magnificent Bodyguards. I'll be back with more details later!
Old 09-22-2013, 08:47 PM   #144
Banned

May 2011

* Bump

I don't know if I missed it, but did Armour of God 2 also have an International english print/dub included? I love those dubs made in Hk with mostly british actors.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:33 PM   #145

Jan 2013

Has anybody actually bought the boxset which includes the bonus disk with 3D version of Magnificent Bodyguards? I wonder if this is a true 3D version, or just the anaglyph version dumped onto the disk. Too bad they don't sell it as a single version, only part of the pricey boxset
Old 02-19-2014, 10:41 PM   #146

Feb 2014

Hey there, got my hands on Police Story Japanese Cut Bluray and I was wondering if anyone could send me english subtitles for it on PM or something? I'd really appreciate it.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:54 PM   #147
Expert Member

Jan 2009
QLD, Australia

I know this is probably the wrong thread but has anyone heard if they will be releasing.
Shaolin Wooden Men
Spiritual Kung-Fu
Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin
Half a Loaf of Kung Fu
Dragon Fist
Gorgeous
Twin Dragons

In HK anytime soon Id really like to get these but I am annoyed by the fact the JP versions have no eng subs

Last edited by Vintrus; 05-28-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:19 PM   #148
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintrus View Post
I know this is probably the wrong thread but has anyone heard if they will be releasing.
Shaolin Wooden Men
Spiritual Kung-Fu
Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin
Half a Loaf of Kung Fu
Dragon Fist
Gorgeous
Twin Dragons

In HK anytime soon Id really like to get these but I am annoyed by the fact the JP versions have no eng subs
It is indeed the wrong thread But I'll quickly say that I haven't seen any plans for HK blus of these films yet. Kam and Ronson has gone a bit quiet with the Fortune Star titles.

But back to the Japanese blus, apparently there will be Japanese blu-rays of Master With Cracked Fingers, Fantasy Mission Force, and Island of Fire soon. Here's a trailer:

Old 06-01-2014, 09:34 AM   #149
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2013
-

I posted in the other thread but I highly recommend the box set of Snake in the Eagles Shadow with Drunken Master. I would guess that JC on blu ray is probably a dead subject now unless Fortune Star were to have a change of heart and really remaster his films in true HD. But, they may have done themselves in with their shoddy blu releases so far.

I am waiting for my blu ray player to come in the mail and I will load some screenshots once I get it all set up and everything.
Old 06-08-2014, 11:50 AM   #150
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2013
-

Got some pictures up over in this thread on page 3:

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=229887
Old 07-02-2014, 05:34 PM   #151

Jan 2013

Just had a look at the Japanese blu-ray of Twin Dragons:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/PPWB-300308

Good news is that this one includes a true HD print of the Japanese version of Twin Dragons with Cantonese audio (LPCM track). It has Japanese hard-subs on the bottom of the picture and some scratches on the picture, just like the Jap version of Game of Death and Police Story. But it looks better than the actual main version which I believe also was used on the French blu-ray. The blu-ray also got 2 Japanese trailers for Twin Dragons, but in SD quality. Overall highly recommended.

The only difference I could spot between the HK and Jap version of the movie, is that the Jap version shows scenes from Police Story 1 & 2 during the ending credits. Kind of weird though. Oh, and after the credits, they show a preview of Police Story 3 with some unseen footage before.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:27 PM   #152
Banned

Oct 2013
-
-
-

Quote:
Jap version is that the Jap version
Old 07-03-2014, 08:28 AM   #153

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseY0ur1llusi0n View Post
Hehe ok..what a constructive comment.. I don't get it.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:59 AM   #154
Banned

Oct 2013
-
-
-

Quote:
Hehe ok..what a constructive comment.. I don't get it.
Of course you don't. "Jap" can be seen as derogatory slang. What's more amusing is that you actually took the time to spell out the full word "Japanese" multiple times in your post, but obviously couldn't be troubled to do it later I guess. How difficult would have it been to just go with JA, JP, JPN, or even Japan? Those are all perfectly suitable abbreviations.
Old 07-04-2014, 04:14 PM   #155

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseY0ur1llusi0n View Post
Of course you don't. "Jap" can be seen as derogatory slang. What's more amusing is that you actually took the time to spell out the full word "Japanese" multiple times in your post, but obviously couldn't be troubled to do it later I guess. How difficult would have it been to just go with JA, JP, JPN, or even Japan? Those are all perfectly suitable abbreviations.
Oh ok, oops I didn't know that, didn't mean to insult anybody. I just got tired of writing "Japanese" multiple times.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:46 AM   #156
Banned

Oct 2013
-
-
-

Quote:
Oh ok, oops I didn't know that, didn't mean to insult anybody. I just got tired of writing "Japanese" multiple times.
It's cool, I know it wasn't intentional. But it's just good to be aware for common courtesy
Old 08-10-2014, 11:46 PM   #157

Oct 2011

The Police Story Ultimate Edition steelbook Blu-Ray has been reduced over at Amazon Japan. I picked it up for 20 including postage to the UK. Does anyone here have any English subtitles for the HD Japanese cut that they would be willing to share?
Old 08-15-2014, 05:07 AM   #158
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

Paramount Japan will release a the first three Police Story films in a new Blu-ray box on November 12th. These are versions with completed Japanese dubbed audio tracks.

What is interesting, is that Supercop will have the English dubbed audio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon.co.jp
[Show spoiler]内容紹介
◎商品内容
「ポリス・ストーリー/香港国際警察〈完全日本語吹替版〉」 2012/12/7発売 PPWB300188「ポリス・ストーリー アルティメット・エディション完全日本語吹替版(スチールブック仕様)」と同仕様
「ポリス・ストーリー2 九龍の眼」
「ポリス・ストーリー3」

●「ポリス・ストーリー/香港国際警察」製作30周年を記念して、ファン必携のコンプリート版ブルーレイBOXが登場!
●豪華デジパック仕様!
●日本劇場公開時プレス&パンフレット復刻版<縮刷版>封入! (3作品すべて)
●ジャッキー・チェン=石丸博也氏による日本語吹替音声を収録!
●貴重なエンディグで「我要冲霄」が流れる香港公開版本編や日本公開版エンディング、日本版劇場予告編(「 ポリス・ストーリー2 九龍の眼」)、ジャッキー本人による英語吹替音声が楽しめる「SUPERCOP」(米国版本編)や日本公開 特報・日本版TV CM(「ポリス・ストーリー3」)など、新たな特典映像を多数初収録

●日本劇場公開時プレス&パンフレット復刻版<縮刷版>
「ポリス・ストーリー/香港国際警察」
「ポリス・ストーリー2 九龍の眼」
「ポリス・ストーリー3」!

【封入特典】 日本劇場公開時プレス&パンフレット復刻版 「ポリス・ストーリー/香港国際警察」 「ポリス・ストーリー2 九龍の眼」 「ポリス・ストーリー3」

【ポリス・ストーリー/香港国際警察 収録】
日本公開時本編(HD)現存する日本公開時フィルム(第25回東京国際映画祭 上映版)より
HDテレシネ(字幕版 音声:オリジナル<広東語> 2.0chモノラル、字幕:ON/OFF不可)
日本公開時本編(吹替版 音声:1.日本語吹替、 2.日本語吹替<新録、全編吹替入り>、字幕:吹替用日本語字幕)
グッズ・フォトギャラリー
予告編集(オリジナル/最新版/英国版/香港版/日本版劇場予告編)
ジャッキー・チェンが語る「ポリス・ストーリー」
<音声:1.ジャッキー本人の声に字幕 2.石丸博也による吹替>
ジャッキー・チェン ヒストリー
<音声:1.英語ナレーションに字幕 2.石丸博也によるナレーション>
撮影現場潜入
予告編集(オリジナル予告編/最新版予告編)
フォトギャラリー(写真集/スライドショー)
ジャッキー・チェン スタント・スペシャル

【ポリス・ストーリー2 九龍の眼 収録】
香港公開版本編 【音声:広東語 字幕:日本語字幕】
インタビュー(ベニー・ライ<スタントマン>)
日本公開版エンディング
日本版劇場予告編/日本版TV CM
オリジナル予告編/最新版予告編
フォトギャラリー(写真集/スライドショー)

【ポリス・ストーリー3  収録】
「SUPERCOP」(米国版本編) 【音声:英語 字幕:日本語字幕】
インタビュー(スタンリー・トン<監督>)
NGショット(無音にて収録されています)
日本公開版特報 1・2/日本版ビデオ予告編/日本版TV CM 1・2
オリジナル予告編/最新版予告編
フォトギャラリー(写真集/スライドショー)

は初収録
Quote:
[Show spoiler]Contents introduction
◎ commodity content
Same specification "Police Story Ultimate Edition full Japanese dub version (Steel Book specification)" and "Police Story / Hong Kong international police <fully Japanese dub version>" 2012/12/7 released PPWB300188
"Eye of 2 Kowloon Police Story"
"Police Story 3"

● To commemorate the 30th anniversary of "Police Story / Hong Kong International Police" Production, Complete version of Blu-ray BOX fan must-have appeared!
● luxury digipak!
● Press & Brochures reprint Japan theaters when <pocket edition> sealed! (All three works)
● The recorded Japanese dub voice by Jackie Chan = Ishimaru Hiroya Mr.!
● can enjoy ("eye of 2 Kowloon Police Story") Japan public version and ending Hong Kong public version main, Japan version theater trailer that "I needed 冲霄" flows through a valuable Endigu,
English dub voice by Jackie himself "SUPERCOP" (the first recorded public dispatch numerous Japan-Japan version of TV CM and the United States version of this volume, etc.) ("Police Story 3"), a new special video

[Show spoiler]

● Press & Brochures reprint Japan theaters when <pocket edition>
"Police Story / Hong Kong International Police"
"Eye of 2 Kowloon Police Story"
"Police Story 3"!

[Benefits inclusion] Japan theaters during Press & brochure reprint "Police Story / Hong Kong International Police", "eye of 2 Kowloon Police Story," "Police Story 3"

[Police Story / Hong Kong international police recorded]
Released in Japan at the time of this volume released in Japan at the time to (HD) ... than existing film (25th Tokyo International Film Festival screenings Version)
(Original: <Cantonese> 2.0ch mono, subtitles: ON / OFF not subtitled version voice) HD telecine
(.: 1 Japanese dub, Japanese dub 2. <newly recorded, full-length dub containing>, Subtitles: Japanese subtitles for dub dub version voice) main Japan when publishing
Goods Photo Gallery
Edit notice (Original / latest / British version / Hong Kong Version / Japanese Version theater trailer)
Jackie Chan talks about "Police Story"
<Audio: The dub with subtitles 2. Ishimaru Hiroya to the voice of one person Jackie.>
Jackie Chan History
<Audio: The narration by subtitle 2. Ishimaru Hiroya 1 English narration.>
Shooting infiltration
Edit notice (Original Trailer / Trailer latest version)
Photo Gallery (Photos / Slideshow)
Jackie Chan Stunt Special

[Eye recording of 2 Kowloon Police Story]
Hong Kong public version main [Audio: Cantonese Subtitles: Japanese subtitles]
Interview (Benny Lai <Stuntman>)
Japan public version ending
Japan version Theater Trailer / Japan version of TV CM
Original Trailer / latest trailer

[Police Story 3 recorded]
"SUPERCOP" (US version of this volume) Audio: English[,] Subtitles: Japanese subtitles]

[Show spoiler]Interview (Stanley Tong <director>)
(Has been recorded in silence) NG shot
1 2 / Japan version video trailer / Japan version of TV CM Japan dispatch public version 1 and 2
Original Trailer / latest trailer
Old 08-17-2014, 03:32 AM   #159
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009

I read about this... apparently "Supercop" is supposed to be a bonus as opposed to the main feature. It's probably the same HD transfer that Echo Bridge used (the 2.35 one, hopefully). Also, the "Japanese version ending" for Police Story 2 means the alternate outtakes.

Also, the one who posted this elsewhere said that Police Story 2 is supposed to come with a bonus HK cut, but it's probably going to be in SD. Basically, this is meant to be the original Hong Kong theatrical cut, as opposed to being the WAY too long extended version.

I'd still love to see someone make a composite of PS3 using the Dimension cut as a base for the HD footage, and then adding in the upscale footage where need be... lord knows we'll probably never get a legit HD transfer of the HK cut
Old 08-17-2014, 12:49 PM   #160

Aug 2014
Reading, PA
Smile Which releases are HD and which are upscale?

Can we have these individually listed for the releases that are true HD V.s. upscale?

Does anyone know when we'll get the original uncut version to Drunken Master II and the first one? Also, a release date to Snake in Eagle's Shadow, Who Am I, Mr. Nice Guy, Jackie Chan's First Strike, Twin Dragons, Rumble in the Bronx, Fuk sing go jiu - Uncut?

And what do people think of the transfer to Miracles - Mr. Canton and Lady Rose? I love that movie!

Last edited by AudioWarrior; 08-17-2014 at 12:52 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Asia