Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.93

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Murder! (Blu-ray)
$19.98
9 hrs ago
Men in Black: International 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Local Hero (Blu-ray)
$27.37
16 hrs ago
Conjuring Universe Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.48

The New Scooby-Doo Movies: The (Almost) Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$30.38

My Hero Academia: Season Three Part Two (Blu-ray)
$45.69

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Bourne Classified Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 01-22-2015, 04:51 PM   #21
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2007
Iowa

I've never really had any bad roommates, but I did have an issue at one house I lived in during college. We lived in a house that was technically three apartments. We had the main floor and upstairs but there was a small one bedroom apartment in the basement. The guy that lived there was constantly playing his guitar and singing (horribly) until late in the night. It wasn't too loud in my room but the two people in the house who had rooms over the basement apartment could hear it crystal clear. Every couple of weeks they'd go talk to him and it'd get better for about a week but then he would start up again.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:08 PM   #22
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2008
Savannah GA

Had one that was pretty cool until he started drinking. Then he just blasted the same 3 songs on repeat, wanted to argue about stupid advanced calculus problems. The one I remember was how many cats would it take to fill the Superdome? Every drunken rampage usually ended with him saying "i'll just get my .45!".. After 3 months I moved out. Haven't talked to him since.

I own a house now and don't ever plan on ever having a roommate again.
Thanks given by:
Reeper1976 (03-04-2015)
Old 03-04-2015, 07:23 PM   #23
Expert Member

Jun 2008
Florida
Send a message via AIM to Reeper1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpDeskjet600C View Post
I had a roommate who had a katana. I would come home from class and I would find him practicing swinging at this big wooden board. Ever since he got the sword, I would make sure I would never make him upset or avoid getting into arguments with him even though he was a pretty calm and mellow guy. And I prayed that he wouldn't slash me while I was asleep. Glad I'm still alive haha.
I lived with my best friend at one point for a year. He was barely home, as he traveled for work, but he was such a pain in the @ss. He'd always complain about this or that, and since both of us are strong headed, it just led to arguments.

One night, I came home late from my girlfriend's house. I head upstairs to my room, which is just past his. I'm putting down my wallet and stuff, and I head to the bathroom. In the hallway, there's my friend, in his boxers, with a sword.

He had a few he collected because he became obsessed with Highlander. Now, he sees me, knows it's me, and yet is still in a Ninja Turtle pose ready to strike for some reason.

Me: Dude? What are you doing?
Him: I heard a noise. Didn't know who it was.
Me:.....Ok, well it was me. You're safe now. There, there.
Him:.....
Me: Dude?
Him: Yeah?
Me: Put the f&!king sword down!
Him: Oh yeah..(lowers his weapon)...Ok, g'night

Yeah, that wasn't the best year of my life, I'll be honest. Love the kid, but good grief. Not easy to live with.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:30 PM   #24
Expert Member

Jun 2008
Florida
Send a message via AIM to Reeper1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt View Post
I found the girl to be a bit.. disgusting. Was also crazy tired. such a bad night..
You could have just scared them by whispering in his ear "Ooh, thanks for including me. I like the Poke-N-Choke game. You wanna be first?"

You would have had the bachelor life for the rest of the semester.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:02 PM   #25
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2014

Maybe it's more of a reflection on me than the people I have shared with but in my last six or so years of moving from shared accommodation to the next (I can't afford to go at it alone) I've had so many terrible experiences.

In my first year of Uni there was this woman who moved into our floor - don't even remember her name - but she was clearly a bit of a princess and assumed that she would never have to do anything for herself throughout her whole life. She pretty much just assumed me her slave from the word go and when I wasn't having any of it she became extremely nasty to the point where I had to get the RA to move me to another floor.

In my third year of Uni I moved in with two friends and I realised that no matter how much time you spend with someone living with them is very different. I'm not a heavy drinker but these guys went out about five times a week and partied all through the night. With my room above the living room where they blared their bass thudding pop until 6am I barely slept for that entire academic year. At some points I was travelling two hours on the train to go home for a few days just to sleep it got that bad.

Since I finished Uni I've lived in a shared house with strangers and being that I'm just down the road from Warwick Uni I get a lot of foreign students and whatever the reason is, these Warwick Foreign exchange students have universally abysmal hygiene. One person ate food so rotten it turned our fridge black. Another actually caused a maggot infestation in our bathroom. There was one guy and his room smelt so bad like this stale, cloying, ground in filth of a smell, I once vomited. Oh and there is this girl who I swear has about three generations of her family living in one room, I have no idea how that works but it makes the bathroom a pain in the arse first thing in the morning.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat