Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Full Metal Jacket 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Scream: 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Twins (Blu-ray)
$16.79

From Dusk Till Dawn (Blu-ray)
$10.69

The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Kevin Smith: 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$16.59

Star Trek: Stardate Collection (Blu-ray)
$53.99

Swamp Thing: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$12.99

The Brides of Dracula (Blu-ray)
$25.99

The Crow (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Shutter Island 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo (Blu-ray)
$13.27

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping

Old 12-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Default Is there any way to tell who purchased an item from your Amazon Wish List?

My Wish List from Amazon is only meant for my own use so I can organize all the movies I plan to buy and order when the price drops to my liking. One of the movies on my wish list just dropped and I want to order it. The problem is, I get this warning on the item:

Quote:
Somebody may have bought this for you recently.

Tell me if it was purchased.
When I click on the Tell me if it was purchased, it says, "Yes, this item was purchased for you."

I have NEVER told anyone about my Amazon Wish List nor have I told my friends or relatives that I'm an active shopper there. I did, however, make the mistake of not setting my Wish List to Private. So, anyone can see it. But still, I never gave my Wish List to anyone....ever!!!

Now, I really want to purchase this movie now because it's on sale. But now I'm afraid to because maybe for the first time ever, one of my friends or relatives decided to surprise me. I don't know. But somehow, I doubt it because everyone I know just gives me money for Christmas. Nothing else. So, maybe some stranger out there just happen to run into my Wish List while browsing through Amazon and ordered the item for himself. I don't know and I'm at a loss for words because I've had my Wish List for years and have never encountered this before.

So, is there any way to find out who purchased it? I'm not trying to ruin surprises, but I need to know if this is a legitimate gift purchase for me because like I said, my friends and relatives are not savvy enough to look up my name, find my wish list and purchase from there.

And one more thing... the sale on my movie started today. My Wish List says it was purchased yesterday. Yesterday, it was 3x the price. So, whoever ordered this got ripped off big time.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:44 PM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010

Wow... Nothing?????
Old 12-12-2013, 12:20 AM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

You can try calling family or friends who may use Amazon too. Explain to them the situation and see if anybody admits to it. You could also go ahead and buy the product, just don't open it yet until you know someone did not buy it for you. That way it can be returned just in case. Just don't tell anyone you still bought it.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:35 AM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeklo View Post
You can try calling family or friends who may use Amazon too. Explain to them the situation and see if anybody admits to it. You could also go ahead and buy the product, just don't open it yet until you know someone did not buy it for you. That way it can be returned just in case. Just don't tell anyone you still bought it.
I actually did and went as far as to tell them that I already own it. That way, they'd be forced to admit it if they're lying. They all reacted in a puzzled manner and didn't know what I was talking about.

This is so weird and mysterious at the same time. As of now, my Wish List is going to remain Private, which is what I should have done in the first place. It's kind of crazy that Amazon doesn't reveal the name of the purchaser.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2011
Virginia, US

Anyone who knows your email address can see it. It's how I buy gifts for my family members.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:45 PM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010

I use a special email address for ordering online. I have a separate email for family and friends. I do this because of spam issues.

I guess the only true way is to wait until Christmas. If I don't receive that product from anyone by then, then that means it was a stranger that purchased from my wish list.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:48 PM   #7
Banned

Oct 2012

What movie is it?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping