Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The General's Daughter (Blu-ray)
$16.99
8 hrs ago
In the Mouth of Madness (Blu-ray)
$18.98
5 hrs ago
Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (Blu-ray)
$27.99
20 hrs ago
The Basher Box (Blu-ray)
$22.99
20 hrs ago
Career Opportunities (Blu-ray)
$17.99
1 day ago
Major Dundee (Blu-ray)
$59.95

Donnie Darko 4K (Blu-ray)
$32.99

Indiana Jones: 4-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$79.99

Half Baked (Blu-ray)
$17.99
1 day ago
The Hot Spot (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
Weird Wisconsin: The Bill Rebane Collection (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Switchblade Sisters (Blu-ray)
$27.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 12-14-2013, 04:41 AM   #1
Expert Member

Mar 2013
arizona
Default Roll-In Reels Cinema build

Hey guys

Its been awhile since I posted to this thread. Lots of changes have happened since my last post. I ended up selling the house that I was building my "Non-Dedicated Living Room Theater" in. I did this over a year ago. Now I have a house that actually has a room for a theater. Those of you who frequent AVS may have seen my build. The name of the room is "Roll In Reels Cinema". Its 90% completed, I'm watching movies in it as I slowly creep to that 100% done moment. Once it's complete I'll start a gallery thread, and use a real camera. Right now pics are from a Iphone/Galaxy s6 edge. the new build pics start at post POST #25

The room will feature Dolby Atmos setup. (7.2.4)

Here's the gear list for the room:

AUDIO EQUIPMENT
L/C/R Speakers - Procella P8s
Surround Speakers - Procella P6Vs
Atmos Ceiling Speakers - 4x Procella P6IWs (will be mounted on ceiling though)
Subs - 2x SVS PB12+
AVR - Yamaha Aventage Rx - A3040
Amp - Parasound Z-amp v.3 2 channel amp

VIDEO EQUIPMENT
Projector - JVC RS-57
Screen - Seymour AV 2.35 110" wide
Blu Ray - Oppo 103D

POWER CONDITIONING/SURGE PROTECTOR
SurgeX XR115
APC J25B

Last edited by lpnaz480; 05-29-2016 at 04:56 PM. Reason: changed from old house to new
Old 12-14-2013, 04:41 AM   #2
Expert Member

Mar 2013
arizona

I haven't been on to much, I find it easier to save money this way. Looking through collectibles, movie posters, and limited editions others have gives me an itch. To avoid that itch and focus on what I want I stayed away, till now.

My setup will include my tv for daytime viewing as well as video games. I'll have a 16:9 120" diagonal screen and a 2.35:1 115" diagonal screen. Both motorized and both hidden above my tv in a soffit. The soffit and screen wall will be painted black, a plush black rug will be laid on my tile in front of the tv/screens, new blinds will be added on my 2(!) sliding doors (they're side by side) and black out curtains will be hung in front of blinds to kill all light. The same curtains will be hung in the doorway leading to my kitchen, and the cutout that looks into the kitchen sink. Finally to cover my bedroom door, yet keep it white, a nice velvet curtain.

Anyways if you're still reading my story, phase 1 started today. All pics are taken via iphone 4s, so not to sexy.

Here's is a before taping certain measurements

Another before showing the full size of my wall

Prepped and moved everything

Moved the biggest portion in

Soffit textured and mounted (view from kitchen)

Head on:

From the kitchen. (the wallwith the art is a blue grey color, doesnt look that similar in person)

Looking up to where the screens will be

the three can lights on

Last edited by lpnaz480; 06-18-2015 at 12:40 AM.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:42 AM   #3
Expert Member

Mar 2013
arizona

Victorian Molding

Painted Upclose w/ lights on

Entire ceiling ":stage"
Old 12-14-2013, 05:06 AM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

This looks awesome, did I miss the projector you are using?
Old 12-14-2013, 05:06 AM   #5

Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave

Welcome to the HT Galleries lpnaz480!

You're off to a great start and I look forward to seeing the progression take shape!
Old 12-14-2013, 05:20 AM   #6
Expert Member

Mar 2013
arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by roar View Post
This looks awesome, did I miss the projector you are using?
on preorder for the jvc rs57. however i'll be spacing out the screens and pj in phases to make it financially affordable. plus i want to add velvet 5' out on the ceiling, drop the 3 recessed lights about an inch or two, changing them to black as well. the soffit was my goal for 2013, just making it in time.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008

Looking good. Congratulations on the new room.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:14 PM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpnaz480 View Post
on preorder for the jvc rs57. however i'll be spacing out the screens and pj in phases to make it financially affordable. plus i want to add velvet 5' out on the ceiling, drop the 3 recessed lights about an inch or two, changing them to black as well. the soffit was my goal for 2013, just making it in time.
Those all sound like great idea's, you are really making the most of the space. That JVC is going to be a beauty, enjoy it. I'd say my upgrade to a JVC was the best upgrade I've made, they make great projectors.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:44 PM   #9
Expert Member

Mar 2013
arizona

Thanks! I'm lucky as I don't have to worry about the wife acceptance factor. Although really the black wall looks amazing. Keeping the white trim and and the blue grey wall next to it really makes everything pop. I can't wait for that jvc to show up but it'll probably be awhile for my first screen though sadly.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #10
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2013
Somewhere Between Heaven ↑ & Hell ↓ ......

Looks fantastic my friend!
Old 12-15-2013, 02:44 PM   #11
Expert Member

Apr 2008
AZ

Nice job so far, good to see another HT enthusiast in AZ. I'm looking forward to seeing updates. BTW I hate painting walls out here, they suck with all the damn texture...lol
Old 12-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #12
Expert Member

Mar 2013
arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyknoxsvill View Post
Nice job so far, good to see another HT enthusiast in AZ. I'm looking forward to seeing updates. BTW I hate painting walls out here, they suck with all the damn texture...lol
Yup fellow Arizonan here. I hard the dust more then the textured walls. After spending a couple hours cleaning the speakers (deep cleaning ie: grille off ect) dust will be back in five minutes. But then again can't complain to much when it's December and 71 outside
Old 12-15-2013, 09:25 PM   #13
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2013
Somewhere Between Heaven ↑ & Hell ↓ ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyknoxsvill View Post
You're from AZ as well? 3 of us in a row....
Old 12-16-2013, 03:22 AM   #14
Expert Member

Mar 2013
arizona

Nice seeing Arizonans in here.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #15
Expert Member

Mar 2013
arizona

Man once construction is done, things sure slow down. I'm waiting on my projector which looks to be pushed a couple of weeks. In the meantime I'm slowly adding ideas and improvements I can do in my head and making a list of it. I've started measuring out screen sizes and getting quotes so I can start a savings plan. I did get some velvet drape swatches from Half Price Drapes (20% off velvet drapes until Jan. 1st )

I was originally going for a dark purple or blue but against the black wall the black velvet and dark blue velvet look identical. I went with the burgundy and these will hang to the right and left of my soffit. The left just for making it symmetrical with the right, that will be covering my white bedroom door.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:50 PM   #16
Expert Member

Mar 2013
arizona

Well this week was fun. Started on Monday morning when my projector was suppose to be delivered, UPS status update said due to adverse weather won't be delivered until Tuesday. Crazy thing was it was 75 and sunny in AZ all week and all weekend. Plus the package was scanned as arrival on Sunday. So one day it was pushed no biggie. Come home from work and open my door to see smoke in my house and electrical burning somewhere. My boxer going crazy and me realizing my nightmare is coming true trying to find the source of burning, couldn't find anything. Called 911 and the Calvary came. Three trucks, two chiefs, ambulance and crisis manager. Turns out my lower element on my water heater burned. So had to get a new water heater Tuesday. And some iffy electrical wiring was brought to our attention due to the water heater so now an electrician is coming out tomorrow to change all my breakers. Since he's there I threw in some dimmers though I'd rather wait until I could really afford them, I'm now getting my stage lights put on Lutron Maestro ir remotes as well as other rooms. But because the firefighters recommended not turning on the electricity until the electrician comes out I've been at my parents. So there's been that for a week and now I'm finally opening my package. First pic (due to disability I can't really do much more till help comes)

Old 01-17-2014, 12:06 AM   #17
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpnaz480 View Post
Well this week was fun. Started on Monday morning when my projector was suppose to be delivered, UPS status update said due to adverse weather won't be delivered until Tuesday. Crazy thing was it was 75 and sunny in AZ all week and all weekend. Plus the package was scanned as arrival on Sunday. So one day it was pushed no biggie. Come home from work and open my door to see smoke in my house and electrical burning somewhere. My boxer going crazy and me realizing my nightmare is coming true trying to find the source of burning, couldn't find anything. Called 911 and the Calvary came. Three trucks, two chiefs, ambulance and crisis manager. Turns out my lower element on my water heater burned. So had to get a new water heater Tuesday. And some iffy electrical wiring was brought to our attention due to the water heater so now an electrician is coming out tomorrow to change all my breakers. Since he's there I threw in some dimmers though I'd rather wait until I could really afford them, I'm now getting my stage lights put on Lutron Maestro ir remotes as well as other rooms. But because the firefighters recommended not turning on the electricity until the electrician comes out I've been at my parents. So there's been that for a week and now I'm finally opening my package. First pic (due to disability I can't really do much more till help comes)

[Show spoiler]
Wow... that sucks... sounds like no one was hurt. You've got a fantastic projector I predict it will be worth all the wait and effort and expense
Old 01-17-2014, 12:12 AM   #18
Expert Member

Mar 2013
arizona

Yea it was scary moment but thankfully nothing to extreme. We sell water heaters and have never seen that happen before.

Very nice indeed. I can't wait to pull it out of its box. More pics later
Old 01-18-2014, 01:49 AM   #19
Expert Member

Mar 2013
arizona

The newest baby to entertain

Thanks given by:
wilfredent (12-18-2020)
Old 01-18-2014, 12:40 PM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

May 2011
Earth

Very nicely done. Excellent choice in projectors. I love my X35, so this one must be amazing.

Have you ever heard of elunevision screens? I have a tab tensioned 4k screen of theirs and it gives an amazing picture.

There is no diffusion of light from the screen or refraction which i love.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Construction