Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Avengers: Age of Ultron 3D (Blu-ray)
€13.44

Venom 4K (Blu-ray)
€32.99

Hidden Figures 4K (Blu-ray)
€9.00

The Meg 4K (Blu-ray)
€18.39

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Blu-ray)
€85.84

The GodFather / The Godfather: Part II / The Godfather: Part III (Blu-ray)
€12.40

Westworld: Season One 4K (Blu-ray)
€22.00

Paddington (Blu-ray)
€3.00

Deadpool 2 (Blu-ray)
€12.99

Deadpool 2 (Blu-ray)
€15.69

Ocean's 8 (Blu-ray)
€14.99

Gomorra - la serie: Stagione 1-2 (Blu-ray)
€35.30
2 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Italy

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 08:31 PM   #1
Special Member

Sep 2013
Italy Studio 4K - The Italian Eureka?

Given the buzz around the Studio 4K release of The Third Man in the Italian market, I thought it might be worthwhile starting a thread where all Studio 4K blurays can be discussed.

With an impressive list of titles already available (with beautiful original artwork) and with Welles' Macbeth and The Lady from Shanghai and the Lon Chaney version of Phantom of the Opera released in the next few weeks, this could be a studio to watch and it makes sense to me to have a dedicated thread.

I haven't got any of the titles yet but have ordered The Third Man, The Thief of Bagdad, The Stranger and The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934 version, confirmed by Jesse_James to use the same master as the Criterion version). Will report back once they have arrived.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:47 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010
San Jose, CA

I was not able to locate any info about this company. There are those that are rumbling that this studio may not be legit on this site and elsewhere as well.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:57 PM   #3

Jun 2011
London: England.

That's rubbish, they are all licenced releases.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:08 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2013
Germany

only ordered "the third man" . got it in a group buy with someone else for ~19$ incl shipping. compared to the price of the criterion release thats pretty good.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:11 PM   #5
Special Member

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tama View Post
I was not able to locate any info about this company. There are those that are rumbling that this studio may not be legit on this site and elsewhere as well.

Nonsense. Others here and elsewhere have confirmed that The Third Man is definitely legitimate. I have no doubt the others are too.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:14 PM   #6
Special Member

Oct 2008
Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by tama View Post
Be careful what you say, don't want you to end up in an Italian jail.

They have a lot of impressive titles. I am pretty curious about the transfers for Rebecca, Notorious, and Spellbound, if they are the same as the MGM transfers. Looking forward to The Adventures of Robin Hood and The Lady From Shanghai since there is a good chance both will be better than their US releases.

It is too bad they only have Italian subs for non-English films.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:25 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010
San Jose, CA

To clarify I'm not saying that. My order of The Third Man should be here soon. Just saying that there are those that keep bringing this up.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:57 AM   #8
Expert Member

May 2013

Have all of there titles been region free?

Old 02-22-2014, 04:14 AM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Send a message via AIM to deepbreathsanddeath Send a message via MSN to deepbreathsanddeath Send a message via Skype™ to deepbreathsanddeath

I'm trying to organize a group buy for Aussies. Please visit the Australian forum or PM me if interested.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:03 AM   #10
Special Member

Jun 2011
Yorkshire

If Jesse James gets to read this thread, it'd be nice to have a bit more information.

Will Studio 4K get a website at any point?

Do they intend to release more films on Blu-ray Disc?

If so, how many and how often?

Any hints as to what titles are to be released in the future?

Will the non-English language titles like M and Nosferatu have English subtitles?

Cheers.

Steve W

Old 02-22-2014, 09:20 AM   #11
Special Member

Sep 2013
Default Studio 4K - The Italian Eureka?

Good questions Steve. Especially about the English subtitles - I was very excited about The Seventh Seal until I realised there is no English on the disc.

Chris

Old 02-22-2014, 09:53 AM   #12

May 2011
England

Hi gap,

I think it's a great idea to start a thread for Studio 4K releases, but could you (or a mod) put images and links to the discs in the first post so that members can see what is available? e.g. https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=235912

Old 02-22-2014, 09:58 AM   #13
Power Member

Jan 2014
Lipari, Aeolian Islands, Italy
Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecker View Post
If Jesse James gets to read this thread, it'd be nice to have a bit more information.

Will the non-English language titles like M and Nosferatu have English subtitles?

Cheers.

Steve W
They are probably cutting as many corners as they can to be able to deliver good quality releases, blu rays in Italy do not sell very well in the first place so I'm not surprised we are not seeing a website.

Old 02-22-2014, 10:25 AM   #14
Special Member

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by James78 View Post
Hi gap,

I think it's a great idea to start a thread for Studio 4K releases, but could you (or a mod) put images and links to the discs in the first post so that members can see what is available? e.g. https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=235912

Good idea. I'm away for a few days but will attempt to add some pics when I get back home.

Mods - if you want to add pics before I get around to it, great.

Old 02-22-2014, 11:53 AM   #15

Feb 2014
Italy
Unhappy

Quote:

Cheers.

Steve W
we still have very little information about Studio 4K. they don't have a web site at the moment but i'm quite sure they'll have one soon if the quality of their releases will go ahead as the ones we have today. So no news about future products, except those we already know, just type Studio 4k on amazon.it and you'll see (19 titles at the moment, 10 available, 9 coming out in March). anyway they started publishing in december with first 5 titles, then in february with other 5 and then 9 in march, so it's a nice schedule titles are ALL region free at the moment and guess the next ones are going to be the same. they use orginal language and italian language for every release, along with the only italian subtitles (not forced!!!) but i guess that if they start selling many titles abroad they'll start putting at least english subtitles as well (and i'd like that too).

Old 02-22-2014, 12:27 PM   #16
Special Member

Jun 2011
Yorkshire

One of the problems at the moment is language.

At Amazon UK if you type in a search for 'Third Man' in Blu-ray Disc, the Italian version doesn't come up:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s?url=node%3...ords=third+man

Type in 'il terzo uomo' and:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s?url=node%3...Ail+terzo+uomo

If they included the English language title and mentioned the superior PQ they'd sell a hell of a lot more copies.

Same with A Fistful Of Dynamite. Blu-ray search by English title:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s?url=node%3...ul+Of+Dynamite

Search by 'giu la testa':

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s?url=node%3...3Agiu+la+testa

Steve W

Old 02-22-2014, 02:42 PM   #17

Feb 2014
Italy

you're right, probably they're still unaware of the fact the putting also the international title they would sell much more than this in other countries.
on the other hand i tried to type "the third man blu ray" on amazon.it (not uk) and immediately pop up Studio 4k release

Old 02-23-2014, 12:27 AM   #18

Dec 2010
Italy

Quote:

Cheers.

Steve W

...Hello Steve

...Like my other friends and colleagues have you already responded, unfortunately we do not have yet much information about this extraordinary Italian Label STUDIO 4K, and also their (until now) do not have even a web site or email to contact them, in any case, I promise that I will do my best and everything possible to groped and find out who they are so to be able to contact them, I have some very important contacts that I could use to get more information on this label, I should make some phone calls, I groped , but unfortunately I can assure you nothing .

...What is for sure (I'm pretty sure it) is that for sure in the future, we will delight with other extraordinary Titles, Beautifully Transferred on Blu Ray Disc .
...Of Titles already announced for the 26/27 of March, I can not wait to see "THE LADY FROM SHANGHAI", because for surely they will use the Magnificent Restored and Brand New Master from the Original C Negative Scanned at 4K resolution, in this By the way, I can tell you from now that the new Transfer of "THE LADY FROM SHANGHAI" published by STUDIO 4K, it will be surely and definitely MUCH MUCH better than the recent U.S. release edited by the Tuner Classic Movie (TCM), which as we know, has made an AWFUL transfer , with audio from divx, obsolete encoding in vc-1 and very low bit rate, like a BAD mkv ......

... As for the Titles who have already been released in their Original NON English audio tracks (and I'm referring to: Friz Lang's M - THE SEVENTH SEAL - and the next NOSFERATU), unfortunately I have to tell you that they DO NOT have the English Subtitles ...and this really is a real shame ... because the transfers are REALLY Amazing !

...Anyway however, as soon as possible , i analyze this Titles here, and I will propose some interesting comparisons with screen-caps, because I really think that there is just so much to discover in these Beautiful and Interesting Transfers, especially on certain specific Titles...

...So, see you later !

...And sorry for my bad English ...

Nicola

alias: Jesse James

Old 02-23-2014, 12:36 AM   #19
Special Member

Sep 2013
Default Studio 4K - The Italian Eureka?

Thanks Nicola, it's great to have someone who has some idea of what's going on. Keep us up to date!!

Chris

Old 02-23-2014, 09:53 AM   #20
Special Member

Jun 2011
Yorkshire

Trust me, your English is better than my Italian.

I only know two words in Italian - Bella and Bella.

Steve W

Closed Thread
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Italy