Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Columbia Classics Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Waterworld (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Black Adam (iTunes)
$12.99
1 day ago
Buddy Comedy Pack (iTunes)
$19.99

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Must-Watch Comedy 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Double Indemnity (iTunes)
$4.99

The Finest Hours (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Must-Watch Sci-Fi 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Patriot Games (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Clear and Present Danger (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Must-Watch Classics 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 08-24-2014, 01:35 AM   #2261
Expert Member

Jan 2014
The Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonic View Post
To split the code, both people can go to Digitalcopyplus and one person does the itunes+DMA and the other chooses from the options below that, right?
Correct.
Thanks given by:
Jasonic (08-24-2014)
Old 08-24-2014, 01:51 AM   #2262
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
Athens, Greece

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollypartons View Post
So I finally got my iTunes and DMA accounts linked, and now I'm downloading The Little Mermaid in HD. In my purchased items page in iTunes, it says the download is 2.97 GB, but the file downloading now is 2.77 GB. I know it's supposed to have iTunes extras, but I'm starting to think my copies don't include iTunes extras because they're not in the queue, nor did it ask me if I wanted to download the movie only or the movie and iTunes extras like my copies of Les Mis and Oz The Great And Powerful do. Do the movies synced to iTunes from DMA not come with the iTunes extras or what?
For some weird reason, the itunes linked from DMR do not show up with iTunes Extras. What you could do some time before though is go to your purchased list on Your Account and download the movie from there. That would initiate 2 separate downloads, one for the movie and one for the extras. It's a huge pain though cause if you already have the movie, it means you have to delete and download it anew (unless there is an easier way I am missing).
Old 08-24-2014, 03:26 AM   #2263

Mar 2013
Kentucky, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnds500 View Post
For some weird reason, the itunes linked from DMR do not show up with iTunes Extras. What you could do some time before though is go to your purchased list on Your Account and download the movie from there. That would initiate 2 separate downloads, one for the movie and one for the extras. It's a huge pain though cause if you already have the movie, it means you have to delete and download it anew (unless there is an easier way I am missing).
None of the DMA-linked titles are showing up in my purchase history. I'm wondering if it's because I'm still on iTunes 10. (I had to install iTunes 11 on another computer to even link my accounts - I have my own personal reasons for not wanting to upgrade.) They only show up in my cloud.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:28 AM   #2264
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2013
I live where you vacation

Quote:
None of the DMA-linked titles are showing up in my purchase history. I'm wondering if it's because I'm still on iTunes 10. (I had to install iTunes 11 on another computer to even link my accounts - I have my own personal reasons for not wanting to upgrade.) They only show up in my cloud.
When I checked monthsss ago they weren't in my purchase history either, but if you think about it they never were.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:33 AM   #2265

Mar 2014

Rather then clicking on the purchases tab in your iTunes go to the store, scroll down a little bit on the right and click purchases there. You should see them all.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:42 AM   #2266
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WenRob View Post
Rather then clicking on the purchases tab in your iTunes go to the store, scroll down a little bit on the right and click purchases there. You should see them all.
yeah, but that is not proof nor is a receipt/invoice that you own said movie in iTunes. If something goes wrong you need an order number...
Old 08-24-2014, 03:47 AM   #2267

Mar 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlanga View Post
yeah, but that is not proof nor is a receipt/invoice that you own said movie in iTunes. If something goes wrong you need an order number...
I guess I misunderstood, I thought the issue was that the movies couldn't be found. My understanding is that any movie obtained with a redemption code does not have a receipt. It's why I keep downloaded copies on an EHD.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:19 AM   #2268

Mar 2013
Kentucky, USA

I guess it's not a big huge deal if I can't get the iTunes extras for these. It'd just be nice. But I'm not gonna go crazy trying to figure it out. I'll just be grateful that I can grab the movies from iTunes now.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:36 AM   #2269

Mar 2013
Kentucky, USA

Oh, and one other question. When I signed up for my Disney Movies Anywhere account, I noticed some movies that I don't ever recall redeeming the digital copies for in my account - namely Prince Caspian, High School Musical 3, Alice In Wonderland (Burton), and The Nightmare Before Christmas. Did others get multiple free movies for signing up, or could these simply be from redeeming the DMR codes many moons ago? (I haven't purchased but one of those on DVD, and I didn't redeem the digital copy at the time because I didn't have any Apple devices or real use for iTunes digital copies, but I redeemed the DMR points. The others were likely given to me by people who don't do DMR or digital copies.)
Old 08-24-2014, 05:46 AM   #2270
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WenRob View Post
I guess I misunderstood, I thought the issue was that the movies couldn't be found. My understanding is that any movie obtained with a redemption code does not have a receipt. It's why I keep downloaded copies on an EHD.
All the movies that I have redeemed inside iTunes show a receipt w the movie and $0 cost and order number.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:22 AM   #2271
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2012
AZ, USA
Default Disney Digital Service, Disney Anywhere Official Thread

Quote:
Movies in your DMA library solely due to DMR redemption are never in the iTunes purchase history, only movies directly redeemed or purchased in iTunes.

Quote:
I guess it's not a big huge deal if I can't get the iTunes extras for these. It'd just be nice. But I'm not gonna go crazy trying to figure it out. I'll just be grateful that I can grab the movies from iTunes now.

I think in order to use the new version of iTunes Extras (which is cloud based), you need iTunes 11. And it's possible you can't download the old style iTunes Extras because you are using iTunes 10 (as some Disney movies may not have their old version of extras available and are only available thru the new version of iTunes Extras).

For a while after the new version of iTunes Extras was introduced, I was unable to download the old style iTunes Extras for Frozen. A few days ago, I was able to download the old version of Frozen's iTunes Extras by using iTunes 11.

The new version of iTunes Extras is cloud based, so you access it by clicking the blue iTunes Extras button on the right of the description.

Last edited by disneywildcat; 08-24-2014 at 06:43 AM.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:26 AM   #2272
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2012
AZ, USA

Quote:
Oh, and one other question. When I signed up for my Disney Movies Anywhere account, I noticed some movies that I don't ever recall redeeming the digital copies for in my account - namely Prince Caspian, High School Musical 3, Alice In Wonderland (Burton), and The Nightmare Before Christmas. Did others get multiple free movies for signing up, or could these simply be from redeeming the DMR codes many moons ago? (I haven't purchased but one of those on DVD, and I didn't redeem the digital copy at the time because I didn't have any Apple devices or real use for iTunes digital copies, but I redeemed the DMR points. The others were likely given to me by people who don't do DMR or digital copies.)

Yes, if it was in your DMR account history and the code was from a DC edition, then it is in your DMA library.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:48 PM   #2273
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013

Last week of DMA's Pixar Summer sale, all Pixar movies from the summer sale for $14.99 on iTunes.

Only Ratatouille does not have a currently available digital copy code.

Note this does not include "Pixar Short Films Vol I and II" and "The Pixar Story", bummer, this is a lost opportunity for them (and us).

Shout out to BillyGreen23 for cataloging the titles in "Pixar Short Films".
Thanks given by:
redboxcar (08-26-2014)
Old 08-26-2014, 04:03 PM   #2274
Expert Member

Mar 2008

I can't wait until this Pixar summer goes away. We need some good sales ($9.99) on Disney classics. I would even accept decent sales ($12.99), but no more of this!
Old 08-26-2014, 04:41 PM   #2275
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
Athens, Greece

Quote:
Originally Posted by redboxcar View Post
I can't wait until this Pixar summer goes away. We need some good sales ($9.99) on Disney classics. I would even accept decent sales ($12.99), but no more of this!
Seriously, 14,99 per movie is nothing to write home about when the combo packs cost, what, 20?
Old 08-26-2014, 04:58 PM   #2276
Power Member

Mar 2010
McKinney, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnds500 View Post
Seriously, 14,99 per movie is nothing to write home about when the combo packs cost, what, 20?
or 9 for $89

[Official] Disney Movie Club Thread - 9 Blu's for $89.70 (possibly less)
Old 08-26-2014, 06:44 PM   #2277
Power Member

Aug 2014
TN

Hi guys! I'm new to the site and just finished adding all my blu rays and movies. I have a question maybe one of you can help me with. I recently started trying to upgrade my Disney collection to blu ray. I purchased a copy of The Lion
King Diamond Edition 3D Combo with digital copy from a seller on ebay. In the item description, he says the code has not been used. But when i try to redeem it, i get a message saying it has already been used. Now i have an item not as described case open. He still swears he hasn't used the code but i'm more inclined to believe Disney. I sent an email to the Disney Digital Copy website hoping maybe they could shed some light on it. To me it seems very open and shut case. He either blatantly lied about it not being used or he or a family member used it and he doesn't remember. Either way, the item is not as described. I guess in the future i will just have to buy unopened blu rays period, even if they are more expensive. Anyways, i just wanted to see if anyone has had a similar problem. I welcome any additional suggestions as well. Thanks!
Old 08-26-2014, 07:04 PM   #2278
Special Member

Mar 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAL4U2C View Post
Hi guys! I'm new to the site and just finished adding all my blu rays and movies. I have a question maybe one of you can help me with. I recently started trying to upgrade my Disney collection to blu ray. I purchased a copy of The Lion
King Diamond Edition 3D Combo with digital copy from a seller on ebay. In the item description, he says the code has not been used. But when i try to redeem it, i get a message saying it has already been used. Now i have an item not as described case open. He still swears he hasn't used the code but i'm more inclined to believe Disney. I sent an email to the Disney Digital Copy website hoping maybe they could shed some light on it. To me it seems very open and shut case. He either blatantly lied about it not being used or he or a family member used it and he doesn't remember. Either way, the item is not as described. I guess in the future i will just have to buy unopened blu rays period, even if they are more expensive. Anyways, i just wanted to see if anyone has had a similar problem. I welcome any additional suggestions as well. Thanks!
Did you try in Tunes with the disc you got and in the DMA app?
Old 08-26-2014, 07:20 PM   #2279
Power Member

Aug 2014
TN

I tried at DMR but not at iTunes. I currently don't have a working computer as my Mac that has all my other movies is non-working. If the code had not been previously used though, i would still have gotten points for it as well as the digital copy wouldn't i? So i have no way to use the digital copy disc itself right now. But the code should still have given me points and unlocked the movie.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:23 PM   #2280
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAL4U2C View Post
I suggest one of two things when buying items from eBay that come with digital content:
  1. Expect the digital content to be already used or not there at all.
  2. Don't do it.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies