Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Coco 3D (Blu-ray)
£11.99
 
You Were Never Really Here (Blu-ray)
£7.49
 
The Professionals: MkI (Blu-ray)
£8.92
7 hrs ago
Justice League 3D (Blu-ray)
£12.99
 
Born of Fire (Blu-ray)
£14.99
16 hrs ago
Coco (Blu-ray)
£9.99
 
Justice League (Blu-ray)
£7.49
 
Loveless (Blu-ray)
£7.49
 
Paddington 2 (Blu-ray)
£9.99
22 hrs ago
Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
£17.99
 
Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge 3D (Blu-ray)
£11.99
 
Papillon (Blu-ray)
£7.00
1 hr ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2014, 05:32 AM   #281
Scorpio.RGc1 Scorpio.RGc1 is offline
New Member
 
Dec 2014
Default

I just bought this set; can someone confirm whether it is indeed region-free and will play on an American PlayStation 3 or 4?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 11:53 AM   #282
Indiana Jones Indiana Jones is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Aug 2009
Bristol, England
39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio.RGc1 View Post
I just bought this set; can someone confirm whether it is indeed region-free and will play on an American PlayStation 3 or 4?
Yes it is region free and will work fine on a US player.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 07:56 PM   #283
njroddy njroddy is offline
Member
 
Jul 2012
Default

53 now on Amazon lightning deal
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:33 AM   #284
atvs atvs is offline
Active Member
 
Jun 2012
Michigan
1322
2
Default

If you don't have to pay the VAT (like if you are importing it to the US), it's only 54.17 from Amazon. This doesn't look like the best deal it's been at, but with basic shipping it came out to $90.63 so I'm happy. With the shipping added in, it comes out $11.38 a season, $2.32 a disc, or $0.51 an episode, depending on which comparison you think justifies the purchase the best
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 07:55 AM   #285
Buzz201 Buzz201 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Sep 2012
486
48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvs View Post
If you don't have to pay the VAT (like if you are importing it to the US), it's only 54.17 from Amazon. This doesn't look like the best deal it's been at, but with basic shipping it came out to $90.63 so I'm happy. With the shipping added in, it comes out $11.38 a season, $2.32 a disc, or $0.51 an episode, depending on which comparison you think justifies the purchase the best
And if people in the UK/EU want it for 54.99 they can look to our friends at Zavvi...
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:56 AM   #286
insomniac013 insomniac013 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
insomniac013's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Gravity Falls
664
156
1
1
Default

Even if it's with lossy audio only, I hope Universal will someday release a complete blu ray set of The Office.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
AmishParadise (11-30-2016)
Old 02-14-2015, 11:02 PM   #287
Buzz201 Buzz201 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Sep 2012
486
48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac013 View Post
Even if it's with lossy audio only, I hope Universal will someday release a complete blu ray set of The Office.
I doubt they will. It looks like they need all of Europe to make the economics, I don't know about the rest of Europe but The Office: An American Workplace was not successful over here at all (it was retitled for the ITV2 broadcasts and DVD releases in the UK, to avoid confusion with the original version of The Office, but I think Comedy Central UK call it The Office (U.S.))...
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 08:13 PM   #288
admiral_akbar admiral_akbar is offline
Expert Member
 
admiral_akbar's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
UK
44
1030
88
1
8
Default

Managed to pick this up for 49.99 from Zavvi using their 5OFF50 code. Lightning fast delivery too!
Lounge: Sony KD-55X8509CBU; Panasonic DMP-UB900; Sky Q; Xbox One S; Sony HT-CT380; Audio-Technica AT-LP120-USB
Kitchen: Samsung UE32J5100; Sky Q
Loft: Panasonic TX-32LMD70; Sony BDP-S360; Roku Streaming Stick; Sony PlayStation 3


My Blu-ray Collection; My Ebay Profile (100% Positive Feedback)
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 12:44 AM   #289
quack724 quack724 is offline
Member
 
Dec 2011
10
Default broken hinges in cases

I live in the US. I received my box set fairly quickly from Amazon UK but 5 out of 8 cases have their hinges broken . I assume the root cause being the air mail.

I'd hate to ask Amazon UK to send another box set as the disks themselves look OK. Maybe Amazon could send replacement cases? I am not familiar with the these types of cases though. Here is a link from a different poster that shows a sample case Anyone know the case type ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 01:15 AM   #290
Viper187 Viper187 is offline
Banned
 
Oct 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quack724 View Post
I live in the US. I received my box set fairly quickly from Amazon UK but 5 out of 8 cases have their hinges broken . I assume the root cause being the air mail.

I'd hate to ask Amazon UK to send another box set as the disks themselves look OK. Maybe Amazon could send replacement cases? I am not familiar with the these types of cases though. Here is a link from a different poster that shows a sample case Anyone know the case type ?
Those cases are shit anyway. Just get some Viva Elite cases.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
merkman (02-24-2015)
Old 02-24-2015, 01:25 AM   #291
mikezilla2 mikezilla2 is offline
Special Member
 
Feb 2011
939
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper187 View Post
Those cases are shit anyway. Just get some Viva Elite cases.
Viva Elite cases?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 02:11 AM   #292
Viper187 Viper187 is offline
Banned
 
Oct 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezilla2 View Post
Viva Elite cases?
Google it. They're the standard for blu-ray cases in the US. Most studios here use them. The *******s use Vortex.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 02:58 AM   #293
quack724 quack724 is offline
Member
 
Dec 2011
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper187 View Post
Google it. They're the standard for blu-ray cases in the US. Most studios here use them. The *******s use Vortex.
Thanks for the reply. I will look into Viva Elite. But first I want to make sure I request the proper dimensions.

I looked at the cases House MD came in and they look to be Amaray.

Froma Amaray's website I looked up 4-6 blu ray disc cases and found this link that shows the spine to be 24mm. can anyone please confirm 24mm is the correct width of spine? Sorry to ask such a basic question but I actually don't have a way to measure myself at the moment.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:03 AM   #294
Thane Thane is offline
Active Member
 
Thane's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
UK
671
Default

Yeah that's correct. It looks more like 25mm to me, but I'm sure 1mm won't really matter
"Amonkira, Lord of Hunters, grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass, grant me forgiveness."
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 12:00 PM   #295
mikezilla2 mikezilla2 is offline
Special Member
 
Feb 2011
939
Default

so wait were can i get them ? and do they come in 8-10 disc sets ? i ask because i also have a funimation boxset that was smashed in the post some time ago
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:36 AM   #296
Ill_Be_Back Ill_Be_Back is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Ill_Be_Back's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
Northern Ireland
1557
31
Default

This is currently at 28.00 on ebay, excellent price I just bought one.
He'll Be Back...
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Thane (03-02-2015)
Old 03-02-2015, 01:24 PM   #297
Thane Thane is offline
Active Member
 
Thane's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
UK
671
Default

My word... and I thought 50 was a steal. That's 3.50 per season
"Amonkira, Lord of Hunters, grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass, grant me forgiveness."
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:25 AM   #298
mikezilla2 mikezilla2 is offline
Special Member
 
Feb 2011
939
Default

i don't see it
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:53 AM   #299
merznoise merznoise is online now
Member
 
Nov 2011
1618
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezilla2 View Post
i don't see it
Link
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:18 PM   #300
atvs atvs is offline
Active Member
 
Jun 2012
Michigan
1322
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezilla2 View Post
so wait were can i get them ? and do they come in 8-10 disc sets ? i ask because i also have a funimation boxset that was smashed in the post some time ago
Try searching Amazon. I know Viva Elite has a 10 disc option, but you have to make sure you're getting the same (or similar) dimensions so the artwork will fit correctly.

These should be close to what Universal used for House. You might be able to find something more accurate in thickness if you measure your actual case and try searching for it though. The Viva Elites I see for this disc amount are significantly smaller (15mm) and should be avoided.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:42 AM.