Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Justice League 3D (Blu-ray)
£12.99

Justice League (Blu-ray)
£7.49

Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
£17.99

Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
£4.99
1 hr ago
The Mind of Mr Soames (Blu-ray)
£14.99

Finding Your Feet (Blu-ray)
£7.49

Loveless (Blu-ray)
£7.49

Halloween (Blu-ray)
£7.00

Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell (Blu-ray)
£8.25
1 hr ago
The Shape of Water (Blu-ray)
£9.99

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (Blu-ray)
£9.99

Wonder Woman (Blu-ray)
£6.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 03-26-2014, 03:02 PM   #41

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus_Ivan View Post
I didn't mind House though, to be honest. Some of it can get repetitive and towards the end it went off the rails a bit, but the first half of the series was pretty darn good (it seems to get a lot of flack, IIRC, but my favourite season is 4, just because the whole absurd contest thing is so different to all the other seasons).
Agreed! Although it isn't my favorite season, I immensely enjoy season 4. The contest is so much fun!

I'll be getting this box set for sure!
#include "brain.h"
Old 04-05-2014, 11:09 AM   #42
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010
Gravity Falls

I enjoy House. It has a great main character and some decent mysteries and side characters. While i dont think it should've last more than four or five seasons (there's already a lot of repetition) i will be getting this box set, if only for the first four seasons which are genuinely great!
Old 04-20-2014, 05:10 PM   #43

Nov 2010

Still no releasedate on Amazon for this...
Old 04-20-2014, 09:04 PM   #44
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
London

Looking at the (Blu) seasons that are available on Amazon UK, they really are rather cheap!

Season 6 - £12
Season 7 - £13
Season 8 - £ 15

EDIT. Even cheaper in the U.S. seasons 6 & 7 (region free) $10.96 each.

Last edited by CinemaScope; 04-20-2014 at 09:13 PM.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:17 AM   #45
Expert Member

Jan 2010
England

Spain and Japan seem to be the only places getting a complete release, how annoying. Spanish release just dropped to €99.46.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:57 PM   #46
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Southampton, England
Send a message via MSN to The Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MokaBear View Post
Spain and Japan seem to be the only places getting a complete release, how annoying. Spanish release just dropped to €99.46.
What are you talking about? This is up for pre-order

Oh and the release date is now 23 June
PS4 PSN ID: Evangelion_60

"Nothing can stop the Apocalypse!"

LG 32" HDTV Tritton Katana HD 7.1 Headset
Old 04-25-2014, 03:03 PM   #47
Expert Member

Jan 2010
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apocalypse View Post
What are you talking about? This is up for pre-order

Oh and the release date is now 23 June
Considering we posted 3 and a half hours apart, I'm very sure that explains what I'm talking about.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:56 PM   #48

Jun 2012

Since i've got seasons 6-8, i'll just wait for the seperate releases and a reasonable price for each.
Shouldn't take too long as House has always dropped in price very quickly.

edit: or wait untill this complete box drops to below 50£.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:41 PM   #49
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Southampton, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by MokaBear View Post
Considering we posted 3 and a half hours apart, I'm very sure that explains what I'm talking about.
I might have misunderstood, but when you said that Spain and Japan are the only places getting a complete release, I found it a bit odd. This is a complete release.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:43 PM   #50

Sep 2011
Belgium

Very tempted to buy the Spanish version but would like to know if Season 1 is FINALLY in its original aspect ratio and how the quality is. Can find surprisingly little about it!
Old 04-29-2014, 11:16 PM   #51

Nov 2012
Taylor, Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastAndFluid View Post
I watched about five seasons before giving up. Yes they added soap opera elements that continued through the series but the "Main story" rigorously followed the formula outlined above. Every damned episode.
The thing I like most about the show, isn't the story you described, but just watching House with his really arrogant and sarcastic personality. It's the character House that I watch this show for.

But with that said, I don't mind seeing the same thing over again, like you described. That is, apart from the character house, the point of the show. It wouldn't be very interesting if he found a solution in the beginning.

And still, I think they change things up enough to keep it interesting.
I don't remember which season, but there was the time where he was picking new doctors to work with him. I thought that was new and interesting.
Then there was season 6, which was another big event to change things up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-FutureUK View Post
Since i've got seasons 6-8, i'll just wait for the seperate releases and a reasonable price for each.
Shouldn't take too long as House has always dropped in price very quickly.

edit: or wait untill this complete box drops to below 50£.
I don't know. I remember after S8 came out, I had to wait nearly year for it to go below $40. I may have missed out on some weekly deals, but that is about how long it took to get a full price drop that low.

Last edited by CReaper210; 04-29-2014 at 11:18 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:04 AM   #52
Banned

Sep 2012

To me it was just totally unbelievable that every single week the "expert" House wouldn't know what the illness was. Every episode the same thing: the team keep gathering together flummoxed about what the illness could be, putting forward theories to have them dashed until, in the last 5 minutes of the episode,someone says something unrelated to the problem about something going on in their lives and a light bulb goes off in House and he magically diagnoses the problem. Every. Single. Week. Why not just keep rewatching the same single episode if all you're going to get each week is a different actor playing the "I've got a mysterious illness" role?
Old 05-02-2014, 02:16 PM   #53

Aug 2009

Just got the spanish complete set. Picture looks very good on Season One. Sound is 5.1 DTS only on all seasons so no HD audio at all unfortunately.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:22 PM   #54
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_s1981 View Post
Just got the spanish complete set. Picture looks very good on Season One. Sound is 5.1 DTS only on all seasons so no HD audio at all unfortunately.

Not good news.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment."
Old 05-02-2014, 04:34 PM   #55

Jun 2012

Quote:
maybe because its the spanish release and it seems its the first time House has seen a release there.

The UK release will hopefully all have DTSHD-MA as seasons 6-8 do.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:49 PM   #56
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2009
Tokyo

Quote:
What are the dubs and subs on the Spanish release?
Old 05-03-2014, 04:03 AM   #57

Jul 2009

TEMPORADA 1
Color. DURACIÓN: 970 Min. Aprox. No recomendada para menores de 13 años • PANTALLA: 1.78:1 Widescreen • AUDIO: Inglés, Francés, Alemán, Japonés DTS Digital Surround 5.1. Castellano, Portugués DTS Digital Surround 2.0
• SUBTÍTULOS: Inglés para sordos†, Castellano, Francés, Holandés, Alemán, Japonés, Portugués
TEMPORADA 2
Color. DURACIÓN: 1050 Min. Aprox. No recomendada para menores de 13 años • PANTALLA: 1.78:1 Widescreen • AUDIO: Inglés, Francés, Alemán, Japonés DTS Digital Surround 5.1. Castellano, Portugués DTS Digital Surround 2.0
• SUBTÍTULOS: Inglés para sordos†, Castellano, Francés, Holandés, Alemán, Japonés, Portugués
TEMPORADA 3
Color. DURACIÓN: 1049 Min. Aprox. No recomendada para menores de 13 años • PANTALLA: 1.78:1 Widescreen • AUDIO: Inglés, Francés, Japonés DTS Digital Surround 5.1. Castellano, Alemán, Portugués DTS Digital Surround 2.0
TEMPORADA 4
Color. DURACIÓN: 702 Min. Aprox. No recomendada para menores de 13 años • PANTALLA: 1.78:1 Widescreen • AUDIO: Inglés, Castellano, Francés, Alemán, Japonés DTS Digital Surround 5.1. Portugués DTS Digital Surround 2.0
TEMPORADA 5
Color. DURACIÓN: 1060 Min. Aprox. No recomendada para menores de 13 años • PANTALLA: 1.78:1 Widescreen • AUDIO: Inglés, Castellano, Francés, Alemán, Japonés, Portugués DTS Digital Surround 5.1. • SUBTÍTULOS: Inglés
para sordos†, Castellano, Francés, Holandés, Alemán, Japonés, Portugués • I.C.A.A.: 114.252
TEMPORADA 6
Color. DURACIÓN: 969 Min. Aprox. No recomendada para menores de 13 años • PANTALLA: 1.78:1 Widescreen • AUDIO: Inglés, Castellano, Francés, Alemán, Japonés, Portugués DTS Digital Surround 5.1. • SUBTÍTULOS: Inglés
para sordos†, Castellano, Francés, Holandés, Alemán, Japonés, Portugués
TEMPORADA 7
Color. DURACIÓN: 1006 Min. Aprox. No recomendada para menores de 12 años • PANTALLA: 1.78:1 Widescreen • AUDIO: Inglés, Castellano, Francés, Alemán, Japonés, Portugués DTS Digital Surround 5.1. • SUBTÍTULOS: Inglés
TEMPORADA 8
Color. DURACIÓN: 1016 Min. Aprox. No recomendada para menores de 12 años • PANTALLA: 1.78:1 Widescreen • AUDIO: Inglés, Castellano, Francés, Alemán, Japonés, Portugués DTS Digital Surround 5.1. • SUBTÍTULOS: Inglés

http://www.mundodvd.com/blu-ray-hous...ie-tv-99496/5/

Last edited by lcohaila; 05-03-2014 at 04:05 AM.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:10 AM   #58
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Southampton, England

Well, I'm sure the UK release will have lossless audio, seeing as how the past couple of seasons released have had it.

Old 05-03-2014, 12:49 PM   #59

Aug 2008
Saarland, Germany

Hmm, given all the language options on the spanish set I pretty sure it is a european version that's going to be released everywhere else as well. I'm still waiting for a complete set release for Germany and haven't bought the single releases that came out here a few weeks ago. It would be really dissapointing if these were released with lossy audio only. I'm not hopeful that we are going to get different sets. Amazon.de lists the same languages as the spainish set.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:50 PM   #60
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2012
Co. Cork, Ireland

We may only be getting DTS audio as well. Are there UK & Irish ratings on the Spanish discs?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland