Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Universal Classic Monsters: Icons of Horror Collection Vol. 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.99
8 hrs ago
House of Psychotic Women Rarities Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.56
13 hrs ago
The Fly Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
The Wizard of Oz 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.99
1 day ago
The Italian Job 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.66
47 min ago
Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
8 hrs ago
The Notebook (Blu-ray)
$19.99
8 hrs ago
Bones and All (Blu-ray)
$22.99
1 day ago
48 Hrs. / Another 48 Hrs. 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.99
 
The Conjuring Universe 7-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
8 hrs ago
Flashdance 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99
 
Rick and Morty: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$22.77
2 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Asia

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2015, 09:46 PM   #21
Huseyin Huseyin is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Huseyin's Avatar
 
Aug 2014
London, UK
5
1168
6
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huseyin View Post
FS: "Oh I thought you meant the 4k which is an upscale of our 2k upscales"
Wow the packaging on this is amazing! I got number 4!

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
nycomet (07-29-2015), Phesstve (07-29-2015)
Old 07-29-2015, 10:18 PM   #22
Phesstve Phesstve is offline
Senior Member
 
Nov 2011
Default

I am looking forward to hearing your feedback on this set Huseyin. Are you able to compare the picture quality to the other sets (US Shout Factory version, Japanese version, French version, etc.) ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 11:25 PM   #23
Huseyin Huseyin is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Huseyin's Avatar
 
Aug 2014
London, UK
5
1168
6
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phesstve View Post
I am looking forward to hearing your feedback on this set Huseyin. Are you able to compare the picture quality to the other sets (US Shout Factory version, Japanese version, French version, etc.) ?
Hi buddy got this today! And I just finished watching Way of The Dragon. I would probably compare it to the U.S. version maybe a little more grainy at some parts. If I would compare it to anything it would be the swordsman 2 in quality as some cuts are hit and miss. The airport scene which is quite light looks pretty grainy whilst the alley fight scene looks sharp and vibrant. I can't really compare much as the only other copy I own of this is on VHS. The packaging of this is better than any art vision edition that's bern released. The book is in korean and it has pictures of the statues along with the guy that makes them (I think I might get one to go on my Asian cinema shelf!)

All in all a very good release!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Phesstve (07-30-2015)
Old 07-30-2015, 10:24 PM   #24
reason108 reason108 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
reason108's Avatar
 
Mar 2013
-
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huseyin View Post
Hi buddy got this today! And I just finished watching Way of The Dragon. I would probably compare it to the U.S. version maybe a little more grainy at some parts. If I would compare it to anything it would be the swordsman 2 in quality as some cuts are hit and miss. The airport scene which is quite light looks pretty grainy whilst the alley fight scene looks sharp and vibrant. I can't really compare much as the only other copy I own of this is on VHS. The packaging of this is better than any art vision edition that's bern released. The book is in korean and it has pictures of the statues along with the guy that makes them (I think I might get one to go on my Asian cinema shelf!)

All in all a very good release!

Interesting! Thanks for the info! Do you have any idea if these would be 4k or just the same old masters that Shout and K&R used? (I think that will be the real question...)


Do you have a way to post screenshots?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 10:27 PM   #25
Huseyin Huseyin is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Huseyin's Avatar
 
Aug 2014
London, UK
5
1168
6
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reason108 View Post
Interesting! Thanks for the info! Do you have any idea if these would be 4k or just the same old masters that Shout and K&R used? (I think that will be the real question...)


Do you have a way to post screenshots?
Unfortunately I can't post screenshots but these are not 4k unfortunately
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 11:10 PM   #26
reason108 reason108 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
reason108's Avatar
 
Mar 2013
-
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huseyin View Post
Unfortunately I can't post screenshots but these are not 4k unfortunately
Or fortunately as that just saved me $70.


But, yeah, after reading about L`Immagine Ritrovata opening up an new facility in HK and that Fortune Star is a client, well...

But, even if we do get true 4k masters or even some 2k masters, whatever, they probably won't include the original soundtrack. Or, perhaps, the color-timing won't be correct. There will probably be something screwed up about it.



What are the extras like on this set? Are they the same interviews from the BL Ultimate Collection? English dubs on the movies? And details would be appreciated. Thanks!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 12:07 AM   #27
Fabs Fabs is offline
Expert Member
 
Fabs's Avatar
 
Nov 2013
2
226
37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reason108 View Post
Or fortunately as that just saved me $70.


But, yeah, after reading about L`Immagine Ritrovata opening up an new facility in HK and that Fortune Star is a client, well...

But, even if we do get true 4k masters or even some 2k masters, whatever, they probably won't include the original soundtrack. Or, perhaps, the color-timing won't be correct. There will probably be something screwed up about it.



What are the extras like on this set? Are they the same interviews from the BL Ultimate Collection? English dubs on the movies? And details would be appreciated. Thanks!
I bet the audio would be poor, like not lossless or something.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 06:58 AM   #28
OldPangYau OldPangYau is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
OldPangYau's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
596
194
Default

I think this is getting confusing Basically, it's rumored that 4K masters are being created for 1080p blu-ray use, as opposed to actual 4K playback... at least until 4K streaming kicks in.

Here's a random screencap from the regular Fortune Star master of WOTD... Huseyin, let us know if it matches

(That pedo face though...)

  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:20 AM   #29
reason108 reason108 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
reason108's Avatar
 
Mar 2013
-
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPangYau View Post
I think this is getting confusing Basically, it's rumored that 4K masters are being created for 1080p blu-ray use, as opposed to actual 4K playback... at least until 4K streaming kicks in.

Here's a random screencap from the regular Fortune Star master of WOTD... Huseyin, let us know if it matches

(That pedo face though...)



That is what I was hoping after I read what you wrote and the article about the French company doing some remasters for Fortune Star. But, no idea when we might see these. I prefer the remasters be for blu-ray and not some streaming/downloading crap.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 09:05 AM   #30
newgen2005 newgen2005 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
newgen2005's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
Channel Islands
53
661
Default

Ordered this last night, and they dispatched it within hours!

I had to get it guys!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Huseyin (08-03-2015)
Old 08-03-2015, 09:24 AM   #31
Huseyin Huseyin is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Huseyin's Avatar
 
Aug 2014
London, UK
5
1168
6
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgen2005 View Post
Ordered this last night, and they dispatched it within hours!

I had to get it guys!
Nice it is a beautiful set!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
newgen2005 (08-03-2015)
Old 08-04-2015, 10:12 AM   #32
reason108 reason108 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
reason108's Avatar
 
Mar 2013
-
8
Default

Still waiting on some reviews on this. Would like to see some details about the extras if someone gets the time. I would get the box-set myself but not gonna do it cause I am burnt-out over the BL Legacy Collection. Wake me when these films get 4k remasters on blu-ray or The Big Boss missing scenes or unseen Bruce footage. Hope this set is worth the $80 you guys are paying for it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:20 AM   #33
newgen2005 newgen2005 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
newgen2005's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
Channel Islands
53
661
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reason108 View Post
Still waiting on some reviews on this. Would like to see some details about the extras if someone gets the time. I would get the box-set myself but not gonna do it cause I am burnt-out over the BL Legacy Collection. Wake me when these films get 4k remasters on blu-ray or The Big Boss missing scenes or unseen Bruce footage. Hope this set is worth the $80 you guys are paying for it.

When it arrives I will let you guys know what the actual discs consist of.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 10:01 PM   #34
newgen2005 newgen2005 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
newgen2005's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
Channel Islands
53
661
Default

The are at Heathrow, shouldn't be long till they arrive!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 07:17 AM   #35
reason108 reason108 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
reason108's Avatar
 
Mar 2013
-
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgen2005 View Post
When it arrives I will let you guys know what the actual discs consist of.
Cool!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 05:01 PM   #36
newgen2005 newgen2005 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
newgen2005's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
Channel Islands
53
661
Default NOVAMEDIA Bruce Lee Collection

Arrived today





Only took one week!

Looks like English mono is included!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:01 PM   #37
newgen2005 newgen2005 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
newgen2005's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
Channel Islands
53
661
Default

Not good news guys .

They are upscales with colour correction, identical to the ones Shout Factory gave us before they recalled the set!. No English as stated on the packaging, English subtitles though!.

Way of the Dragon disc:

Code:
Disc Title: THE_WAY_OF_THE_DRAGON
Disc Size: 23,285,647,120 bytes
Protection: AACS
BD-Java: No
Playlist: 00004.MPLS
Size: 0 bytes
Length: 1:39:12.279
Total Bitrate: 0.00 Mbps
Video: MPEG-4 AVC Video / 0 kbps / 1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1
Audio: Chinese / DTS-HD Master Audio / 6.1 / 48 kHz / 16-bit (DTS Core: 6.1-ES / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 16-bit)
Audio: Chinese / DTS Audio / 2.0 / 48 kHz / 768 kbps / 16-bit
Audio: Chinese / DTS Audio / 2.0 / 48 kHz / 768 kbps / 16-bit
Subtitle: Korean / 0.000 kbps
Subtitle: English / 0.000 kbps
Subtitle: Chinese / 0.000 kbps
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:33 PM   #38
Dragon Lee Dragon Lee is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Dragon Lee's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
Minneapolis, MN
3
526
3366
357
142
84
108
Default

What a damn shame. Such a gorgeous package too. The Shout! Factory set was money well spent.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:35 PM   #39
OldPangYau OldPangYau is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
OldPangYau's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
596
194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgen2005 View Post
Not good news guys .

They are upscales with colour correction, identical to the ones Shout Factory gave us before they recalled the set!. No English as stated on the packaging, English subtitles though!.

Way of the Dragon disc:

Code:
Disc Title: THE_WAY_OF_THE_DRAGON
Disc Size: 23,285,647,120 bytes
Protection: AACS
BD-Java: No
Playlist: 00004.MPLS
Size: 0 bytes
Length: 1:39:12.279
Total Bitrate: 0.00 Mbps
Video: MPEG-4 AVC Video / 0 kbps / 1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1
Audio: Chinese / DTS-HD Master Audio / 6.1 / 48 kHz / 16-bit (DTS Core: 6.1-ES / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 16-bit)
Audio: Chinese / DTS Audio / 2.0 / 48 kHz / 768 kbps / 16-bit
Audio: Chinese / DTS Audio / 2.0 / 48 kHz / 768 kbps / 16-bit
Subtitle: Korean / 0.000 kbps
Subtitle: English / 0.000 kbps
Subtitle: Chinese / 0.000 kbps
Wow. So are they just the recalled Shout Factory discs, but re-purposed?

*sigh* This is what sucks about the Lee transfers, is that there are two "masters" floating around, causing confusion. And then if the rumored 4K masters appears, then we'll have three. Oh boy... Who the hell knows what Mediumrare will put out in the UK next month. Anything's possible at this point
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:32 AM   #40
reason108 reason108 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
reason108's Avatar
 
Mar 2013
-
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgen2005 View Post
Not good news guys .

They are upscales with colour correction, identical to the ones Shout Factory gave us before they recalled the set!. No English as stated on the packaging, English subtitles though!.

Way of the Dragon disc:

Code:
Disc Title: THE_WAY_OF_THE_DRAGON
Disc Size: 23,285,647,120 bytes
Protection: AACS
BD-Java: No
Playlist: 00004.MPLS
Size: 0 bytes
Length: 1:39:12.279
Total Bitrate: 0.00 Mbps
Video: MPEG-4 AVC Video / 0 kbps / 1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1
Audio: Chinese / DTS-HD Master Audio / 6.1 / 48 kHz / 16-bit (DTS Core: 6.1-ES / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 16-bit)
Audio: Chinese / DTS Audio / 2.0 / 48 kHz / 768 kbps / 16-bit
Audio: Chinese / DTS Audio / 2.0 / 48 kHz / 768 kbps / 16-bit
Subtitle: Korean / 0.000 kbps
Subtitle: English / 0.000 kbps
Subtitle: Chinese / 0.000 kbps



Well, that brings up the question then as to whom actually did the color correction on the Shout upscales. How would these guys get access to the color-corrected upscales that Shout did? WOW! I really don't know what to say at this point.
Just hard to believe FS are pulling this crap again. You would think that they would have learnt their lesson with Shout. Or, perhaps they are just a bunch of dumb-asses and have no idea whether they have upscales or true HD. Either way...

So much for the BL legacy.
At least this saved me $70. So, I guess that I can't complain.

Are there any extras on this release worth mentioning. Any reason at all to get this set?

Also, do you have a way to post screenshots and compare between the true HD and upscales?
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Asia


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:50 AM.