Best iTunes Movie Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Superman: The Movie (iTunes)
$4.99

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (iTunes)
$14.99

Rocky Heavyweight Collection (iTunes)
$29.99

North By Northwest (iTunes)
$4.99

The Hateful Eight (iTunes)
$4.99

Blazing Saddles (iTunes)
$4.99

Blade Runner (iTunes)
$7.99

The Way Way Back (iTunes)
$4.99
1 hr ago
Dragged Across Concrete (iTunes)
$4.99

Enter the Dragon (iTunes)
$4.99

Blade Runner (iTunes)
$7.99

Django Unchained (iTunes)
$4.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 10-25-2018, 03:15 AM   #1841
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoWeb View Post
If Google gets Disney 4K encodes they will upgrade but don't hold your breath. Just like iTunes there are no 4K Disney movies there. My opinion is you won't see 4K because Disney knows both iTunes and Google will give the 4K to you at no additional cost. That takes away revenue from Disney and as you can see from the over pricing of their movies it's all about how much they can squeeze out of the consumer.

I could be 100 percent wrong and that certainly won't be the first time.
Pretty sure Disney has to agree to the 4k upgrade, the provider canít just give it away. Right now Disney wants a premium for 4K and iTunes and I think Google want to charge a lower price.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:27 AM   #1842
Expert Member

Dec 2017
Vermont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyman View Post
Pretty sure Disney has to agree to the 4k upgrade, the provider canít just give it away. Right now Disney wants a premium for 4K and iTunes and I think Google want to charge a lower price.
Google has had 4K versions of other studios films available for double the price of HD, so I don't think price was the issue there.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:56 AM   #1843
Expert Member

Aug 2010
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXsdesdeXXX View Post
Vudu has added the following titles in UHD today:

American Pastoral
Fury
The Patriot
The Shape of Water
Twilight
Twilight Saga: New Moon
Twilight Saga: Eclipse
Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Pt. 1
Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Pt. 2

Do not redeem a code there yet. Just letting you know that if you already owned these titles in 4K that they are porting into Vudu in 4K.
Still waiting for VUDU to update Apollo 13, Passengers, Starship Troopers, and Labyrinth to 4k. Surprised they are just HDX on VUDU but 4k on FandangoNow(actually Starship is just HD on all platforms).
Old 10-25-2018, 04:18 AM   #1844
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwnut13 View Post
Google has had 4K versions of other studios films available for double the price of HD, so I don't think price was the issue there.
This promo is about free 4k upgrades and price drops on 4k movies. Disney was fine with the higher price, but is not fine with free 4k upgrades or base prices too low on 4k movies. Disney is not against selling 4k at a premium like Vudu and FandangoNow do.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:08 PM   #1845
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2010
SoCal
-
-
-
-
-

Kick Ass just went UHD today on Vudu.
Thanks given by:
Undeadcow (10-25-2018)
Old 10-25-2018, 09:10 PM   #1846

May 2008

Looks like Maze Runner: Scorch Trials went UHD on Vudu also
Thanks given by:
acrylick (10-26-2018), Undeadcow (10-25-2018), vivablu (10-26-2018)
Old 10-26-2018, 12:13 AM   #1847
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011

Scorch Trials shows up as UHD for me in Vudu too.
Thanks given by:
acrylick (10-26-2018), XXXsdesdeXXX (10-26-2018)
Old 10-26-2018, 02:17 AM   #1848
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
San Diego, CA

Both the Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials and Alien: Covenant have codes that will upgrade to 4K if you select iTunes from the Foxredeem web-site. It does not matter if the code came from a 4K Blu-ray or a regular Blu-ray. The title will then port from iTunes to Movies Anywhere in 4K and then to Vudu in 4K. Do not redeem the code directly at Vudu or Movies Anywhere; it must be redeemed through iTunes to upgrade.
Thanks given by:
acrylick (10-26-2018), AZBrowncoat (10-26-2018)
Old 10-26-2018, 03:24 PM   #1849

Nov 2010
NYC

I redeemed Alien Covenenat via Itunes but it is still HD in Vudu. is there any way to change it? by the way, it is 4K in itunes.
Old 10-26-2018, 03:55 PM   #1850
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2011
Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengboy View Post
I redeemed Alien Covenenat via Itunes but it is still HD in Vudu. is there any way to change it? by the way, it is 4K in itunes.
It depends on some variables. Check Movies Anywhere transition history to see what quality you have the license for.

If you redeemed the code before it was UHD on iTunes then you are likely out of luck for it porting anywhere as UHD since the license would be locked in as HD in MA (even if iTunes shows 4K). You could redeem another code to get a UHD upgrade. There's a chance you could contact the studio for another code with proof of purchase or buy one cheap-ish in the trade forums.

If MA shows you own UHD then it should port into Vudu as 4K eventually, you may need to unlink and re-link accounts.

Last edited by Undeadcow; 10-26-2018 at 04:00 PM.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:45 PM   #1851
Expert Member

Dec 2017
Vermont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyman View Post
This promo is about free 4k upgrades and price drops on 4k movies. Disney was fine with the higher price, but is not fine with free 4k upgrades or base prices too low on 4k movies. Disney is not against selling 4k at a premium like Vudu and FandangoNow do.
But Google Play doesn't sell Disney movies in 4K.
Old 10-26-2018, 09:46 PM   #1852
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2011
5593 ft above sea level

Okay, I have a question. If I have Days of Future Past (Rogue Cut) non-UHD blu-ray code, is there a place I can redeem to get the upgrade to 4K in MA/VUDU/iTunes? If so, where is the best place to redeem to obtain 4K UV rights also, etc. I know the sheet says redeem in iTunes and will become 4K in iTunes. With the recent changes, can I get it upgraded to 4K everywhere? Thanks!
Old 10-26-2018, 10:28 PM   #1853
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Send a message via AIM to Britnasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
Okay, I have a question. If I have Days of Future Past (Rogue Cut) non-UHD blu-ray code, is there a place I can redeem to get the upgrade to 4K in MA/VUDU/iTunes? If so, where is the best place to redeem to obtain 4K UV rights also, etc. I know the sheet says redeem in iTunes and will become 4K in iTunes. With the recent changes, can I get it upgraded to 4K everywhere? Thanks!
It's not a UHD code, it will never give you full 4K rights anywhere. iTunes just automatically upgrades every title to 4K.

Since that title is now on UHD, it has a specific code that will give full 4K rights everywhere.
Thanks given by:
deltasun (10-26-2018)
Old 10-26-2018, 10:46 PM   #1854
Expert Member

Aug 2010
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeadcow View Post
Deadpool 1 should transfer into Vudu as UHD from Movies Anywhere. The easiest way to get it as UHD in movies anywhere is to redeem any digital code (doesn't have to be 4K) for D1 into iTunes. Have you checked what quality is showed under your Movies Anywhere history? It likely isn't UHD in MA and the easiest solution is to redeem another code into iTunes even if you already own it. Likely what happened is you obtained D1 in HD before it was UHD and MA does not upgrade the license once it's locked in as HD unless you redeem a new code.I am certain more UHD Fox titles will be added to Vudu; it's just that there aren't any digital copy codes that redeem into UHD for those older 4K releases.

Okay after reading through the helpful comments, here is my story of fox redemptions and how to get UHD rights in most movies anywhere platforms. I started as most people do by putting in my digital codes from fox movies into movies anywhere. I redeemed my blu digital copy codes of Spy, Joy, DOFP rogue cut, and the 4k digital code of DOFP. All of these went to HDX on VUDU and HD on Fandango Now.

After reading comments about Deadpool thru Itunes, I downloaded ITUNES and set up an account to hook to movies anywhere. I then decided to redeem the code from my blu combo pack of Deadpool thru foxredeem, which then asked me which provider to select, it gave me movies anywhere and then itunes, vudu, or google play individually. I selected Itunes and then checked on itunes, vudu, and Fandango Now and got UHD rights on all three platforms for this movie. I then remembered I bought the 3D combo of Days of Future Past, so that gave me another code to use, I used it following the steps I used for Deadpool and DOFP stayed HDX on VUDU as that is the highest quality they have at the moment but now my FandangoNow copy went to UHD.

I then went to redeem my Blu copy of Kingsman Secret Service and my 4k ID4 at fox redeem then selecting Itunes as the redeemer and I got those in 4k on Itunes and Fandango Now, not VUDU yet as it is only HDX. In case you are wondering, even though I only selected ITUNES as the redeemer, I have Deadpool, ID4, and Kingsman in my ITUNES, VUDU, Google PLay, Amazon, and FandangoNow library. They are 4k in Itunes and FandangoNow.

Looking back though, I got screwed on Spy, Joy, Gone Girl, and X-Men 1st class to get 4k redemptions through my providers, I redeemed them on Movies Anywhere. My 1st class code was from a 4k combo but it only gave me HD rights across all of these, again redeemed at Movies Anywere, even though Fandango Now has UHD. May try to buy cheap blu versions of these on BF and try again.

So from now on, any Fox codes, UHD or blu, I redeem, be it Die Hard, Alien Covenant, Keeping Up with the Joneses, Predator, Kingsman 2, I will go through Itunes. Again, all these movies are on my VUDU and FandangoNow libraries so it won't limit your movies to ITUNES only. I have an LG tv so Itunes isn't on my TV but the other providers are and I can see ID4, Deadpool 1, Kingsman 1, and DOFP on UHD thru Fandango Now on my TV.

Hope this clears up people making a decision on the fox titles. Also make sure the 4k is on Itunes before redeeming a code just to be safe that you get UHD on other platforms.
Thanks given by:
deltasun (10-26-2018), knives>ramona (02-08-2019), Undeadcow (10-27-2018)
Old 10-26-2018, 11:14 PM   #1855
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2011
5593 ft above sea level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulscul View Post
Okay after reading through the helpful comments, here is my story of fox redemptions and how to get UHD rights in most movies anywhere platforms. I started as most people do by putting in my digital codes from fox movies into movies anywhere. I redeemed my blu digital copy codes of Spy, Joy, DOFP rogue cut, and the 4k digital code of DOFP. All of these went to HDX on VUDU and HD on Fandango Now.

After reading comments about Deadpool thru Itunes, I downloaded ITUNES and set up an account to hook to movies anywhere. I then decided to redeem the code from my blu combo pack of Deadpool thru foxredeem, which then asked me which provider to select, it gave me movies anywhere and then itunes, vudu, or google play individually. I selected Itunes and then checked on itunes, vudu, and Fandango Now and got UHD rights on all three platforms for this movie. I then remembered I bought the 3D combo of Days of Future Past, so that gave me another code to use, I used it following the steps I used for Deadpool and DOFP stayed HDX on VUDU as that is the highest quality they have at the moment but now my FandangoNow copy went to UHD.

I then went to redeem my Blu copy of Kingsman Secret Service and my 4k ID4 at fox redeem then selecting Itunes as the redeemer and I got those in 4k on Itunes and Fandango Now, not VUDU yet as it is only HDX. In case you are wondering, even though I only selected ITUNES as the redeemer, I have Deadpool, ID4, and Kingsman in my ITUNES, VUDU, Google PLay, Amazon, and FandangoNow library. They are 4k in Itunes and FandangoNow.

Looking back though, I got screwed on Spy, Joy, Gone Girl, and X-Men 1st class to get 4k redemptions through my providers, I redeemed them on Movies Anywhere. My 1st class code was from a 4k combo but it only gave me HD rights across all of these, again redeemed at Movies Anywere, even though Fandango Now has UHD. May try to buy cheap blu versions of these on BF and try again.

So from now on, any Fox codes, UHD or blu, I redeem, be it Die Hard, Alien Covenant, Keeping Up with the Joneses, Predator, Kingsman 2, I will go through Itunes. Again, all these movies are on my VUDU and FandangoNow libraries so it won't limit your movies to ITUNES only. I have an LG tv so Itunes isn't on my TV but the other providers are and I can see ID4, Deadpool 1, Kingsman 1, and DOFP on UHD thru Fandango Now on my TV.

Hope this clears up people making a decision on the fox titles. Also make sure the 4k is on Itunes before redeeming a code just to be safe that you get UHD on other platforms.
Thanks, I'll probably start doing this.

So, does anyone know then (and let me use mulscul's example) when they add the 4K of DoFP to VUDU, will mulscul's copy go to 4K in VUDU at that point? And this is based on him redeeming DoFP through iTunes.
Old 10-27-2018, 04:12 AM   #1856
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2013
Sahuarita, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
Thanks, I'll probably start doing this.

So, does anyone know then (and let me use mulscul's example) when they add the 4K of DoFP to VUDU, will mulscul's copy go to 4K in VUDU at that point? And this is based on him redeeming DoFP through iTunes.
It is my understanding that it must ALREADY be 4K to port across as UHD; otherwise my MA and VUDU accounts would have many more 4K/UHD titles as iTunes has upgraded my code redemptions as iTunes has always been my primary service.

So if 4K is a genuine concern, you would almost have to wait until it was 4K at iTunes first and then redeem.
Thanks given by:
Undeadcow (10-27-2018)
Old 10-27-2018, 04:23 AM   #1857
Expert Member

Dec 2017
Vermont

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulscul View Post
Looking back though, I got screwed on Spy

Nope, the codes for Spy redeem for Spy (Unrated), which iTunes doesn't have in 4K.
Thanks given by:
Undeadcow (10-27-2018)
Old 10-27-2018, 06:03 AM   #1858

Apr 2017

Does anyone know if The Hunger Games: Complete 4 Film Collection will redeem 4K on iTunes? The spreadsheet says that the individual codes redeem 4K on iTunes. Safe to assume the same for the code that redeems the complete 4 film collection?
Old 10-27-2018, 07:03 AM   #1859
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevecl21 View Post
Does anyone know if The Hunger Games: Complete 4 Film Collection will redeem 4K on iTunes? The spreadsheet says that the individual codes redeem 4K on iTunes. Safe to assume the same for the code that redeems the complete 4 film collection?
The spreadsheet here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gIDEYKfpuPcnOBHrvKs80WAjYv0h7htdu0V7KUHMggw/edit#gid=0"]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gIDEYKfpuPcnOBHrvKs80WAjYv0h7htdu0V7KUHMggw/edit#gid=0"]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gIDEYKfpuPcnOBHrvKs80WAjYv0h7htdu0V7KUHMggw/edit#gid=0
says that it will.

Last edited by XXXsdesdeXXX; 10-28-2018 at 02:38 AM.
Old 10-27-2018, 07:08 AM   #1860

Apr 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXsdesdeXXX View Post
The spreadsheet here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ggw/edit#gid=0
says that it will.
I clicked the link but says 404 not found. Is that spreadsheet different that this one (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Htmh4/htmlview) no mention of the 4 movie collection on that spreadsheet so wasn't sure. Thank you for the reply.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies